[PRP] You Stood Me Up (Jabari & Iearatu) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 am
She had stood him up. The brat had stood HIM up. Jabari growled under his breath, remembering his shock at seeing another lioness creeping towards the Jaw, shaking like a leaf as she crept a little closer then took three hops backwards. He had finally had to come out of the Jaw, take the bunny from her, and head back in while she raced away as fast as she could.

Now he was out to find the Tama lioness that was bold enough to do something like that to him. Here he had planned to use his influence to protect her, yet she blatantly ignored him like this! Ooooh, that female pissed him off!

A tiny grin pulled at his lips. Also impressed him, he admitted. Maybe she didn't need his protection, after all. But now she had his attention. Poor girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Having spent the last while collecting the pelts of various kills which had been discarded after, Iaeratu had formed a rather impressive collection of gazelle pelts and other small beasts, like hares, that could be used as bedding for the sick, old or young. Most people threw away the pelts, which was really a waste - but they were mostly higher class people, who didn't' understand what use they could give.

A large scrap of gazelle pelt was thrown across her back, whilst she carried smaller pieces in her mouth, unconcerned that she might look foolish. She could do nothing with the pelts, as she had no craft skills to speak off, but a few pride members might like them to sleep on, she mused to herself.

She had not really thought of having stood up the Ligi male who requested she hunt for her. She had. She had caught the hare, killed it, but simply passed it off to another huntress who had not been busy at the time to deliver it. Iaeratu often hunted for the other huntress' family, so the female had owed her one. Iaeratu wanted to be no where near the Jaw, nor near the Ligi. She had done what the male had asked, and hunted for him, and the hare had been delivered - unpoisoned even - to him, just...not by her. She gave a small smirk around her mouthful of pelts.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 pm
"Tell me, did you think that was funny?" Jabari asked from behind her, his silent movement keeping her unaware of his approach until he spoke. His training had focused in on sneaking up behind people as a cub, he hadn't outgrown that habit. "That little friend of yours almost had a heart attack. I hope you're happy."

He walked towards her, eying the pelts she carried curiously. Those looked warm, and since Indira was all alone in the Eye, she could probably use something like that... it got cold there with all the water flowing. But he was getting distracted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Iaeratu startled, the pelts dropping from her mouth when he spoke, her body tensing up for an attack - which was her first reflex with Ligi after-all, until his words finally processed. She firmed her shoulders, but kept her head and tail low. She didn't want to be seen as defiant, though she was.

"Why would I think it was funny? You got your hare. I didn't think you would care which lowly huntress brought you your snack." She did feel bad about having scared the other huntress though. She'd take the family a gazelle in apology. Iaeratu was not really 'friends' with the huntress though. More like, they had hunted in the same area once or twice.

She bent her head to recollect the pelts, pushing them close to her paws so she could grasp them into her mouth again, once he stopped grumping at her.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm
"But I like to play favorites," he said, moving closer and looking at the pelts. "I want one of those," he said. "Something warm. Mother would like it." He pawed at the top one, even though it was small, pulling it away from the others. "Now that her four sons have moved to the Jaw, she probably gets cold," he added, not realizing that his true nature was showing through his words.

He grabbed it with his mouth and tossed it onto his back. "Consider this paying me back for standing me up."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Iaeratu resisted the urge to scoff at his words. Favourites? Bah. "Then pick another favourite," she said, her voice sweet and calm though her eyes were unamused at his attempts to play favour with her. She didn't want to be the personal hunter to a Ligi.

She was surprised when he requested one of the pelts and watched as he carefully picked out one - even more surprised to hear that it was for his mother. A momma's boy, maybe? She eyed him, but didn't think it was only that. He actually cared for his mother. Huh. So Ligi's have feelings.

She hesitated, her good nature winning out, and pulled the gazelle pelt from her back. It was a large piece, and had been carefully skinned so as to make a sort of small cape out of it. "Take this as well," she instructed, tossing it onto his back without waiting for his response, though she moved away again so she did not stand close. "The pelt you chose is soft and will provide comfort, but this will keep her back covered and warm, or her paws if the night is chilly."

She tilted her jaw up, but kept the rest of her pose submissive. She wasn't going to apologise for standing him up, since she hadn't. "Consider that a favour to your mother," she said calmly, and rearranged the pelts at her feet, as if he had messed them up by sorting through them.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm
He gave her a slightly startled look, then nodded. "The Mwanasheria will appreciate it," he said with just a hint of dryness that could be considered teasing. "What's your name, huntress? I don't think I got it during our last... conversation."

She was right, the pelt was warm. He figured his mother would like that, even if she didn't say much about it. "I am Jabari, son of Indira," he added.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Iaeratu's eyes widened slightly. Of course, she had realised as a Ligi that he was high standing, but this was one of the sons of Mwanasheria Indira? It's a good thing she hadn't done anything bad then! Like poisoning his hare. She inclined her head, glancing away. "I hope the Mwanasheria finds it suitable," she said.

There was a faint quirk to her mouth at his description of their last meeting. Conversation? Sure, she'd call it that. "Iaeratu," she introduced herself. "Daughter of a lowly hunter and huntress - deceased," She added, since he had to add that he was the son of the Mwanasheria. She had always been curious of the Mwanasheria rank, but she wondered if he had thrown in that comment to impress her? Mostly not. Likely he was using it to try to intimidate her.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm
"So you didn't know who it was for when giving it to me?" he asked, cocking his head slightly and looking at her more closely. "That's a bit surprising. So even if my mother was an old lioness living on the edge of the pride, you would have given her this."

Suddenly he didn't want to play with her anymore. She was too noble, too kind. It was that type of lion that he constantly found himself dealing with, and he didn't need another one that he felt sick about. Even his own brother, Kay, thought that he was enjoying being an Ligi. If he got close to this one, it would probably be almost as bad.

"I'll find another favorite," he told her, starting to turn away.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Iaeratu didn't find what she had done surprising, and cast him a curious look, before saying instead, "even old lionesses on the edge of the pride deserve to be warm, Ligi Jabira." Her voice was rather stiff, as if she thought that the Mwanasheria should be favoured over old, cast aside lionesses. She was a higher rank, yes, and should be protected and respected, but that didn't mean she should be given favour over someone who needed help as well.

She was surprised when he turned away, saying something about finding a new favourite. She hesitated, and called out before she could stop herself. "If your mother continues to be cold, you may come to me for pelts if you wish. I keep a collection of them so that those who need them can always find them." She was not looking at him, and rather rearranged the pelts again, throwing a few of the larger ones onto her back so she did not have as much to carry in her mouth.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm
"That's why I need to find a new favorite," he said, shaking his head with a hint of self amusement. "I'll do that, though." Ahhh, his life sucked, he decided. He should probably go away before he started to really like her, this strong, caring female.

He was the bad guy, here. And as such, he needed to act like one. With a shake of his head he started towards the Eye, intent on delivering his gift before someone caught sight of him being an idiot. But if they did he would just convince them that he was kissing up to the Mwanasheria, wanting something from her.

Ligi didn't do kind things for no reason, not like huntresses did, apparently.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Iaeratu watched him go with a curious expression on her face, before scoffing. Ligi were weird, she decided, and refocused on her pelts, rearranging them for the final time before taking them into her mouth and raising herself up.

She probably should feel honoured that she had met a member of the Mwanasheria's family, as the female watched over her Tama house, but she didn't. A Ligi was a Ligi, no matter what family they came from, and no matter how nice to his mother he seemed. She turned and headed in the opposite direction to the Ligi male, intent on handing out the pelts to people who needed them.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff