Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 am
AIM rp between -[The Spoof]- and Kettyn. || (Jessamine and Relic)
Spoof's teepee || Kettyn's teepee
Cleaver the owl is owned by both Faith and Spoof, thus both are okay to rp her.

edit: changed to a thread rp.

[19:26] Kettyn: The day was fairly mild for the coming of spring. Relic's hoofbeats echoed through the forest he found himself currently traveling in. The stallion's satchel rubbed against his flank at every step and he grimaced. Somedays he just couldn't win for trying. His job necessitated the need for a bag for carrying his items after taking them from his victims. The taste of steel in his mouth brought the iron taste of blood as the dried residue hit his tongue. Relic savored the taste briefly before coming to a stop. This forest had everything he needed to continue his work but now he needed a rest. Dropping the bag over his head to the mossy ground underneath his hooves Relic cast his glance around before frowning. He nosed the bag to make sure the contents were safe before nosing at a patch of grass. Most days he preferred vegetation for nutrition - but there were days that he was able to eat the flesh of his victims.

As he nosed at the grass something flashed in the stallion's vision. Raising his head from the lowered position it was in the stallion slowed his movements until he was scanning the forest terrain inch by inch. Something had caught his attention - there. Another flash of sunlight bounced off the object and Relic honed into the area were the flashes originated. Well well well. Amongst the foliage lay a medium sized weapon and Relic had to chuckle to himself. Just what careless individual would leave something of such delicate but terrible beauty behind. Gently and with hesitation Relic's teeth gripped the handle of the cleaver as he lifted it from it's hiding place. The stallion grinned. A fine find indeed.

[19:45] Faithofthefallen: Cleaver peered down at the strange male with wide crimson orbs, fluffing her downy feathers irritably as he bent down to retrieve her mistress' blade. Her sharp talons, smeared with the blood of her last prey bit into the branch she perched on leaving long white gouges in the bark. She was sure her mistress would not want this vagabond to wander of with her precious cleaver. As always, she could sense Jessamine's proximity, now that her mistress had shed the burden of those baskets, she would want her blade back, Cleaver was sure of it. Cleaver ghosted off through the trees on silent wings, alighting on Jessamine's gleaming back with a soft hoot of greeting. She preened Jess's long ivory curls affectionately with her curved beak. "Mistress..." she breathed, "I have done as you asked, The cleaver was safely hidden away, I have been guarding it, but a MALE has come, he is steeeaaaling it."
[19:50] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine didn't even flinch when the owl landed upon her back, it was a common occurrence. At the information she brought however, her eyes widened considerably and she craned her head around to look at her familiar. "What?" she uttered, her brain screeching to a halt. No one was allowed to touch her knife, but her and her Cleaver. A smoldering feeling began in her chest and she ground her teeth at the thought of another in possession of it, touching it, using it, it was hers.
"Show me." she said simply, the tightness in her voice belying the rage she was experiencing. Her body quivered faintly with the need to express the anger.

[19:51] Faithofthefallen: Cleaver obliged, gliding easily between trunks in the direction where she had last seen the strange male.
[19:59] Kettyn: Relic had in fact already used the weapon that he had found. As he was nibbling at the grass he was interrupted when a deer wandered into the clearing to share the afternoon. Red eyes glazed over at the thought of obtaining yet another kidney for his collection. Relic paused thoughtfully allowing the animal to feel unthreatened before he moved closer. The blade in his mouth flashed with the sunlight glinting off of it before he leapt into action. The intial strike to the hindquarters of the animal was enough to incapitate the creature and stop it from running. Relic inhaled sharply before dropping the cleaver to the ground. It had been too quick. Relic craned his neck down and gripped the string hanging around his neck. He was a doctor yes so he believed in the theory that no animal should suffer for an unnatural amount of time. The stallion delivered the fatal dose of poison to the stricken animal before watching impassively as the creature's struggles lessened. It was time to start his work.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:03 am
[01:14] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine stopped when the owl landed in the center of a clearing. The grass was long and bowed over, clearly not many traveled through this area. She looked around, searching for some sign that the one who took her precious knife was still around but it became obvious that he was no longer around. She snorted in anger and contempt, it was good, for him. He would regret ever looking twice at her beloved cleaver, much less daring to touch it. Growling as well as her vocal chords would allow, she demanded that the owl scout around. He couldn't have gone far with it.
"Find him. Do not let him know you are looking for him. I want to see the look on his face when he realizes his mistake..." she purred dangerously.
Though she did not have her cleaver on her, she was not helpless without it. She had been born with sharpened incisors, known as 'wolf teeth' and made good use of them. The owl bobbed her head once and took flight once again.
[01:14] spoof2468chan: ((and, one more part))
[01:18] spoof2468chan: Cleaver flew through the air silently, coasting on an air current past many trees and bushes. She could see the path the stallion had taken from the clearing in the grass that her mistress could not. It wasn't long before she spotted him, and the precious knife. Landing in a tree, she cocked her head to the side in curiosity. The mistress would be pleased with her, and possibly intrigued by what she found. Observing the procedure going on below, she took flight again a few moments later to inform Jessamine of what she had found.

[01:32] Kettyn: Relic had long since obtained what he needed from the deer. Having taken his own tools from the satchel at his side the stallion had excised flesh from the area of interest before digging his muzzle into the creature's flesh. The salty taste of blood overwhelmed Relic's senses as he dug around for the item he sought. It was not long before he gripped the deer's kidney and tugged forcefully - ripping the organ from the hole with apparent ease. Sure it was a gruesome act but the compulsion forced Relic to seek what he desired.

He was so absorbed in his task that he failed to notice the owl in the trees - watching him and then flitting away just as quickly. Breathing through his mouth Relic shrugged the bag from his side and nosed the flap open. Gently he lowered his prize into the satchel before closing the flap over the bloody prize inside. A job well done if he did say so himself. Now what to do with the remainder of the animal? Relic knew that the poison that he'd administered earlier wasn't toxic to him - but he could not let others 'sup on the animal for fear of ingesting a small amount of toxin. He could always try to dispose of the thing himself. But that required help sometimes. Maybe a small snack wouldn't hurt him at all. Pausing over the remains Relic spotted the cleaver and fetched it before wiping it clean on the grass. Who had left this wonderful device behind?

[01:45] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine paced in agitation across the clearing, waiting for Cleaver to return to her. Teeth grinding in frustration, she glanced up instinctively as the owl glided into view on silent wings.
"Well?" she prompted impatiently.
Then smiled as the owl explained what she had seen. This would perhaps get interesting. A light came on in her eyes and she followed the owl at a quick trot.
It was not long before she could smell the coppery aroma on the air. Something had died recently, her mouth filled with saliva at the thought. Fresh blood...her eyes narrowed when she realized the death had likely been caused by her own cleaver. Her hearing was getting muffled as she got closer and closer to the area the scent was coming from. The lust was rising in her and unlike the last few months she rose to the occasion. She passed one last tree and she could see the stallion with her knife in his jaw. Her teeth ached with the want to have the familiar object back in her possession but her eyes zeroed in on the freshly dead deer next to him.

Jess noticed that the bag next to him seemed to be full and bloody, then she turned an eye on him and saw the blood smeared on his face. Ah, a stallion after her own heart. Perhaps she would not kill him after all.

[01:54] Kettyn: Relic had just placed the cleaver down on the ground and was raising his head when a flash of white caught his eye. Jerking his head up sharply the stallion took in the creature before him. It was another Soquili that was for sure - but there was something different. Red eyes took in the features of the mare before he blinked slowly. This was odd. Usually if one interrupted his work they would quickly retreat from the area. This mare though seemed to be scrutinizing him even as he returned the gesture. Relic watched her gaze fall onto his satchel before he hurriedly kicked it so it lay directly underneath him. Why take chances?

He glanced back to the mare and noticed the owl for the first time before tilting his head. Why had this vision not retreated in terror yet? Confusion was evident before he spoke, "Good afternoon. Can I help you?"

[01:58] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine sauntered closer, her gait smooth but inside she was still focused on the scent of the blood the flooded her senses. It was making her dizzy in a very delightful way. A silly grin was stuck on her face, however her eyes were practically glowing with the desire to rip into either the deer or the stallion before her.
"Well, you happen to have something of mine for one. I would like it back now." she purred dangerously, "The knife you have belongs to me."
Out of the corner of her eye she could see the carcass, it was taking some considerable self control to not dive onto it like a savage. She sniffed mentally in contempt at herself. It would take days to get all the blood out of her hair if she were to do that.

[02:09] Kettyn: Relic's ears caught the response from the mare as she wandered closer to him. He hesitated a brief moment before what she had said registered. So this was the owner of the cleaver. How interesting. How deceptive. For surely a creature this beautiful wouldn't dare touch such a device of malice but it was at this moment that he realized just how cleverly this mare was. He read strength and madness in her motions and sighing so softly he reached down and gripped the cleaver's handle with his teeth. Then with every sense he had screaming at him Relic cautiously inched forward before gently placing the weapon at the mare's feet. "If it is yours - then I return it to you in good faith and in the same condition I found it. I have to comment you on such a fine weapon choice though. The heft of it does not encumber the user and that is not always so with the tools I use frequently."

Relic paused in his realization that he was rambling on towards the strange mare. He also noticed her gaze drawn towards the carcass of his victim. Was it time to warn her away from it until it was safe? Finally he bit the bullet. "Forgive my rambling. I am Relic. And might I inquire as to what your name might be," he queried this before adding, "I have to warn you. The flesh you see before you is dangerous at the moment."

[02:15] -[The Spoof]-: She looked down her nose at the cleaver that had been placed at her feet. Hm. What to do now? He had given up her precious blade without protest and that was no fun at all. Very deliberately she ignored him for the moment as she bent to inspect the blade thoroughly. It was obvious it had been used recently, there was blood dried on the handle and in the crevice where the blade met it. Yet, she knew from experience that only water and some thorough work would get that out. Glancing at the dead animal next to them, she admired his work. It had been a most satisfying kill, she expected. It looked like he had surprised it even. She smiled.
"I am Jessamine." she murmured distractedly, eyes still on the deer.
She turned her attention back to Relic when he gave his warning, she cocked her head to the side and asked, "What could possibly be wrong with such a fresh kill?"

[02:31] Kettyn: Relic watched the mare inspect her weapon before shifting his weight on his hooves. The silence of first meetings always unnerved him the most and it wasn't like him to make small talk to fill the uncomfortable void. So when the mare spoke he gave another small sigh before catching her name. Jessamine. Such a delicate name for seemingly a delicate creature - but that was merely an illusion. He snorted in amusement at the relevation that Jessamine made with her next statement. Obviously she too had a hidden nature.

"The kill is indeed fresh. However if you were to say ingest the flesh at the moment the toxin that is inside would cause you some discomfort. Since I always run the risk of injecting this toxin into myself during my work I've come up with an antidote. I don't use the toxin all the time but I dare not wish sufferance on any creature. This one would have suffered greatly. I value being humane with my kills and sometimes I just help death along. That said though not all my kills are for work - those are the ones I enjoy most."

Relic chuckled softly before retreating to stand in front of his work. He glanced slyly at Jessamine before lowering his muzzle to the flesh of the deer and tearing off a small chunk. A fang protruded from his mouth before he dropped the piece of meat onto the ground. "I can offer you inoculation if you wish or you can find something else. I'm sure you would be fine eventually."

It was a taunt and the stallion knew it. However he had to figure out this mare. He was getting mixed signals from her and while it would be fun to unravel such a mystery - it was also a dangerous game to try and play.

[02:38] -[The Spoof]-: As he explained what he had done she pondered why he didn't just go for the throat in the first place...but that was far from her main concern at the moment. Was it worth it to trust this stranger with his injections? What if he poisoned her too? She shrugged, finding she did not actually care all that much if her life ended. She would make him regret it if it were the case, before she died.
She ground her teeth together, a habit picked up somewhere along the way she supposed, as he taunted her with the meat. Would she have a better opportunity than this? Doubtful.
"Fine," she acquiesced finally, vowing that if he betrayed her she would make him regret it most frightfully before she died.
She made sure to show all of her teeth as she smiled prettily at him, communicating a warning with her eyes.

[02:51] Kettyn: So this was interesting. Apparently the mare cared more for the taste of meat than possibly her own safety. Although unused to sharing his secrets Relic felt compelled to inform Jessamine of the risks associated with eating from a "treated" animal. He found it admirable that she would bypass the old mantra of never trusting strangers before shaking his head. His mane briefly obscured his vision before he shifted his right hoof along the ground. It caught the strap of the satchel as he knew it would. The flap remained sealed and Relic paused before nosing at a small compartment on the side of the bag. Ah, finding what he wanted the stallion withdrew a small pouch of powder before returning to stand directly in front of Jessamine. If the mare wanted protection he was going to give it to her. It may seem the oddest method of administering the immunity she desired but it was the only way.

"Here. You only need to ingest some of this powder and wait a few minutes for it to take effect. It's odorless and carries no taste so it should not irritate you in anyway. I know that it works and should not inconvience you in any form as well it has always worked for me. Go ahead if you wish."

With that Relic stepped away and let Jessamine choose what she wished to do. He'd been truthful about everything. He wondered if the mare would really go through with her intentions being telegraphed loudly. He could tell that she desperately wanted either to enjoy this kill or go after him. Resisting the urge to shuffle his weight - Relic watched and waited.

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:45 pm
[22:30] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine eyed the pouch suspiciously, suddenly a lot more weary. This stranger seemed far to willing to help her...but what did she have to lose really? She had no one who would miss her if he indeed meant to kill her too. Devicius surely would celebrate if he ever heard of her death and her children didn't even know who she was. Perhaps the angeni she left them with would mourn her, but he would never know what became of her either. It was startling to realize the wasn't a single person to miss her in the world. She eyed the carcass and wondered if it was even worth it at this point, all the blood was seeping away and that was what she was interested in mostly. Mulling it over suspiciously, she glanced at the stallion again, "So, this powder, how does it work?"

[22:39] Kettyn: Relic stared at the mare. He thought he'd been forthcoming in explaining everything. Frowning albeit briefly the stallion sighed before speaking. "The powder would linger in your body for a while and if you were to ingest anything that was toxic the powder would help neutralize the poison before it wreaked havoc on your body's interior organs: heart, stomach, kidneys ... etc."

This meeting didn't seem to be going completely as planned. Of course he hadn't planned at all meeting the owner of the blade that he had found. Letting his thoughts meander a bit Relic wondered if Jessamine would really decide to go along with using the powder. Thinking quickly Relic let a sound of impatience escape him before eying the mare. "There is one other solution to this conundrum. There is the chance we could always find another source of quarry."

[22:49] -[The Spoof]-: She considered, heedless to the stallions impatience. Who was he to rush her? She had all the time in the world and did not care for others' inconvenience. The deer was clearly long dead, blood congealing in the wounds and on the ground around it, the smell of old blood hung in the air and actually made her cringe a bit. No, the uncertainty over the powder and the less than appealing state of the dear forced her decision. This would not satisfy her in the least, despite the feeling in her chest drawing her towards the source of her indecision.
With a graceful shrug of one shoulder, she bent to inspect the deer one last time before turning from it. "This will not do for a good meal. I care not for the meat but the lifeblood of a kill and this is all but spoiled in that regard. I thank you for the consideration but I will hunt for an unspoiled source..."

She picked up her knife in her teeth and prepared to depart, the expectation that the stallion would follow her clear in her eyes as she passed him.

[23:06] Kettyn: Relic watched as Jessamine neared the carcass of the deer before inspecting it carefully. She seemed almost disappointed in the fact that the kill wasn't as fresh as could be. Listening to her explanation confirmed his point. It seemed like they would be off in search of something else then. Watching Jessamine retrieve her blade from the ground Relic glanced at the carcass again before curiosity drew him forward. Stopping for a minute Relic gathered up the bag of powder and opened the flap to his shoulder bag. Inside nestled carefully against the bag's folds were the kidneys from the deer. Nosing the outside pocket open he dropped the small bag of powder into the bag before inspecting the clearing one last time. Slipping his head under the bag's strap the stallion lifted the satchel from the ground. Everything seemed to be alright and the stallion realized that if anyone came along and snacked on his kill that they'd be dooming themselves. Without further thought he trailed after Jessamine.

Relic thought of saying something to the mare ahead but hesitated. What could he say to the creature ahead of him? She was obviously as crazy as he was to ingest other's life forces ... but somehow it made her all that more appealing. Here was someone that wasn't Kalona or Skinwalker that appreciated the finer points of taking something's life for survival. Silence ringed the pair and Relic was loathe to break it but he had to know just where Jessamine was going.

"Might I inquire where you are leading us?"

[23:31] -[The Spoof]-: Jessamine stepped daintily over a few branches that were in the path she had chosen. She'd seen a rabbit burrow here recently and new there was game to be found if she was patient. A swish of a wing caught her eye and she knew Cleaver was following them, flying from tree to tree as they traveled. The sound of Relic's footfalls behind her reassured her that her unspoken request had not been ignored. She wondered how long she would be in the acquaintance of the stallion following her, the only one to ever stay with her for any length of time was her owl companion. It made things easy when it came to hunting though, the owl would watch for game fleeing the noise of two full size soquili walking through the forest and she would snatch something up in her powerful talons.

The last time she had stayed with anyone, it was with him. Her lip curled upward, grinding her teeth before she banished the thought of him from her mind. She had made sure he would not forget her, but she would forget him.

The owl swooped down suddenly and came back up with a rabbit clutched in her talons, it's neck broken. Cleaver dropped the animal in front of her mistress with a dull 'thump' as it hit the ground. She smiled at the owl before considering the rabbit.

"Mm, yes, this will do nicely. Would you like the kidney?" she purred, turning to look at Relic over her shoulder, a lustful glint in her red eyes.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm
Relic's eyes tracked the owl's flight as it dropped a dead rabbit at Jessamine's feet. He could discern the coppery smell of blood as it filled the immediate area and barely heard the mare's question. Once the question seemed to register in the stallion's mind he glanced down towards the rabbit before assessing the size of the creature. His bag was only so large and perhaps now was not the ideal time to indulge in his profession but the invitation that Jessamine offered was so tempting to take.

Sidestepping to nose the dead creature's side Relic inhaled before giving a subtle shake of his mane. "You do not know just how tempting you make the offer Jessamine."

Relic grabbed the strap of the shoulder bag from where it rested and gave it a sharp tug to slid it off his flank. Stepping away from the inert form of the rabbit he lay his bag out on the ground before stepping away from it and watching the mare. "I will pass on this creature's kidney this time."

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 pm
Jessamine shrugged elegantly, her hair tumbling over her shoulders as she did so. Annoyed, she flipped it to the side once more before it got in the blood that would soon cover the ground.

"If you're sure," she whispered, completely entranced by the blood flowing sluggishly from the marks where Cleaver had dug her talons in.

She lowered her head slowly, inhaling first to savor the scent of death that hung about the body, fresh blood made her smile to herself before she sunk her teeth into the flesh.

When it was little more than a smear on the ground, she came back to herself and felt the tang of blood on her tongue. It was coating the back of her throat and she could tell it was on her face. Looking down at herself, she was pleased to note that there was little to show for her meal on her ribbons or in her hair. A quick wash in a stream or pond and her face would be clean, and it had been nearly three days since she bathed.

Remembering the stallion who had watched her macabre display, she looked over to see his reaction.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm
Having made his decision to stay away from this kill Relic eyed his satchel and the needle hanging from his neck before letting his gaze roam seemingly at random around at the scenery that surrounded him. The stallion caught sight of the owl again before letting his eyes rest on Jessamine's form. Even caught in such a morbid pose as she was, devouring the rabbit, there was something ethereal about the beauty that she possessed. The sight that he withheld should have caused him some alarm but it was like there was a bond already drawing him closer to the mare.

The silence hung between the pair as Relic realized that Jessamine had finished what was once a living creature. He took in the blood around her mouth and the lack of the crimson liquid anywhere else and gave a slightly amused sound at the sight. "You have to be one of the daintiest eaters I've seen. Then again I believe most mares care to some degree about how they appear."

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 pm
Inside she was shocked, this was so different from...him. On her face she put a smirk, blood and fur in her pearly white teeth that she bared to him now, almost trying to scare him away. His acceptance couldn't be what it appeared, nobody ever understood her need. He certainly hadn't.

There he was, again. In her thoughts. The last look of him, limping, fleeing her. Bleeding. She licked her lips at the thought. He would never forget her, for the wound to his side, his emotions, and his pride.

Closing her eyes briefly, she stuffed the thoughts into a corner and forgot him again.

"Why thank you, I do try." she finally replied, "However, I find myself in need of a source of water. There's blood in my fur."

With a flip of her hair she turned from him again, seeking the scent of water this time. Cleaver flew on ahead as usual and scouted ahead.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 am
Following a few paces behind Jessamine for caution's sake if not common sense Relic found the silence of the space between them stifling. Wanting to remedy the problem the stallion began to speak softly to himself: listing various poisonous plants and toxic items that he could remember using during his time with the Bloodmoon Carnival. Soon the list ran out and so eying the mare in front of him Relic addressed her.

"Jessamine, do you know why you are like the way you are?"

He asked out of mere curiosity. This mare in front of him was a new puzzle to try and unravel and solve - to do that he needed more information.

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 am

Jessamine tilted her head sideways, she could hear running water somewhere off to their left...or was it right? She couldn't quite put a hoof on it. Behind her the stallion seemed to be muttering to himself, she arched her brow delicately, it was difficult to hear the murmuring of the water over the soft chanting of her companion. "Cleaver?" she turned plaintively to her familiar, who they had caught up with, and was now perched in the tree beside them. The owl immediately understood her meaning, "Mistress," she acknowledged adoringly before directing a sharp glance at Relic and ghosting off into the trees to find the water source.

How had she ever managed without Cleaver? She mused with a wry little smile before turning to face the stallion who had caught her attention. Her eyes narrowed at the question but she decided to ignore his bluntness. She twisted her lips as she reached deep into her memories to brush the impenetrable wall between her and her childhood. It was an old habit, she had long since accepted that she would never know the origins of her bloodlust, whether it was inherited or caused by something more sinister.... Briefly she wondered if her children were troubled by it as well. It occurred to her that finding Ignis and keeping an eye of her baskets, surreptitiously of course, could give her clues about her own heritage. If they had inherited it, it was likely she had to.

"I'm afraid I don't know," she admitted, "I remember waking up and craving flesh and blood. There's nothing before that day; my childhood, my family, not even my real name. The only possession I have from before is my cleaver. That's why it is so precious to me." She directed a sharp accusing glance at Relic that softened slightly as her eye traced the line of his jaw and two pairs of crimson eyes met. The stallion cut a striking figure to say the least, she felt emotions stirring within her that she hadn't thought she would ever be capable of after Devicius left.

"Do you think I'm a monster?" she blurted out impulsively.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 am
Relic's ears had also picked up the sound of running water but he kept his attention on the mare in front of him. Jessamine had held a brief one word exchange with the owl that had apparently led her to him in the first place. As the owl flew away Relic tracked it's path before realizing that Jessamine was speaking to him.

As she spun her story the stallion began to feel a small amount of remorse for have even picking up and using the cleaver that held so much meaning for the mare. He didn't miss the accusation in her eyes though when she looked at him sharply. But there, something seemed to transform in her gaze the longer that she looked at him. Just what was going on in her mind that made her gaze soften. He held her gaze steadily.

Her next question caught Relic by surprise. Did he think she was a monster? Well that was rather forthcoming. He shifted his feet a little before letting the longer locks of his mane fall briefly into his eyes. He did this to shield his expression at times when he had to think over a question before replying. Moments passed in which the silence grew. The stallion remained quite still before shaking the mane out of his face.

"Jessamine. Listen to what I have to say. For I have an answer but I do not know what you wish to hear. I personally do not believe that you are a monster. No more than I believe that I am one. We are all given our lots in life - whether we like them or not. Clearly we have both been given hard paths to follow. But we've managed to deal with what we've been dealt."

Relic tilted his head to the side before continuing, "It also comes down to what you believe to be true of yourself. If you think that you are a monster - then that is what you will always think yourself of."

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 pm
Jessamine did not immediately reply. She bowed her head from staring, waiting on his answer. What he'd said had her heart aching. Why couldn't he have seen it that way? She didn't know what to think.

Was she a monster? Did she care?

"I do not know the answer myself, I suppose." she finally muttered.

She had a taste for blood and could not explain it. Others scorned her for it, so she believed it to be inherently evil. Was it, truly? Jessamine shook her head, her eyes unfocused. She didn't know, and it hurt to think that Devicius might have been right about her, right to abandon her.

"Who is to say that we aren't monsters, both of us. We might not think so but others do not understand..." she spoke again, gazing into the distance and thinking again of her former lover.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:38 am
Relic noticed the mare's attention had wandered after her little speech. She did have a point. Perhaps they both were monsters. After all look at his background. He still maintained the connections to his past with the Blood Moon Carnival - but he'd managed to escape that freak show for now. Relic watched Jessamine carefully before deciding on his next move. There was inherit risk in what he planned.

Relic moved closer. He had only met Jessamine but something about her called to something inside of him. Invading the mare's personal space Relic brushed against Jessamine's side. He wanted to take her mind off what was ever making her seem so down. The silence grew as the stallion was not always one for words. Actions were more his forte. Relic tensed before gently tugging at the bow holding the mare's mane neatly in place along her neck.

"I do not know myself. Call us what you wish - but know that I do not care. Jessamine-" He trailed of by stressing the mare's name as the bow came undone. He'd taken a risk and was ready for whatever came next.

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 pm
As she wallowed in her memories, she didn't notice as Relic moved up closer to her. When he brushed her side, Jessamine snapped to attention but let him continue his motion. She was curious of what he would do.

The ribbon came undone slowly and her hair tumbled down her neck once freed from its restraint. It flowed into her face and she peered at Relic through the pale strands. Something inside her was warming, an ache she hadn't realized, or perhaps had ignored, was there was being pushed to the side in its wake. He was right, why should she care what others think, in the end they were the way they were. From experience she knew she could not change what she was.

"Mm, I think you are correct. I do not think I care either, at this moment." she purred.

His closeness was getting to her, for truly he was a handsome sight. He wasn't perfect like her previous lover but that just made the difference between them stand out. Perhaps it was time to move on; forget her first love and see where the encounter went. With her mind made up for the moment, she took a step closer and nuzzled his neck, "I thank you for your words, Relic. You do not know how much they mean..." she trailed off.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:03 am
Relic felt a small amount of triumph when Jessamine didn't turn around to attack him. Instead he watched the mare peer up at him through the pale white strands of her hair. With calculating eyes that smoldered with an unknown warmth Relic felt Jessamine nuzzle at his neck. A moment passed as the stallion tried to tamp down the emotions flowing through him. Almost reverently he let his mouth grip a few strands of the mare's hair and pushed it to the side.

Jessamine was truly a wonder to behold. Her delicate beauty hid the madness within and it captivated Relic beyond words. There was no precedent for him to judge against other females because there had been no others. Relic sighed softly before nuzzling the mare at his side. His words took on a softness as he spoke. "Then I must say that you are welcome to them. If words are all it takes to change one's mind then we both need to utilize more of ours. But for now ... words cannot convey just what I am feeling."

Relic scanned the forest before finding what he was looking for. A small cave sat nearby and the stallion nuzzled Jessamine before moving to examine the interior. Amongst the dried grasses strewn here and there over the ground Relic could find no signs that some other animal called this home. It'd serve nicely.

Returning to the mare's side Relic nudged at her with affection before signalling to the rocky abode. He gave Jessamine a small bow before speaking, "it may not be the prettiest location but I'd bet that within those rocky walls we shall be safe until morning."

Kettyn

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 pm
Her eyes fluttered closed briefly in appreciation at feeling an intimate touch once more. In the back of her mind, a little voice was wondering what she was doing again. Hadn't the last time taught her a valuable lesson? No matter the pretty words, the emotions, it never lasted. Nothing ever did...

But the side of her that missed being cared for was stronger and her reply was to silently acquiesce to the gentle urgings of the stallion. For the first time in months she felt a warmth suffuse her body and the world didn't look so bleak. If only for a short time, she would let herself pretend everything was alright. Her mind made up, she glided past him, and with a coy smile she entered the cave. It was dark, but dry and she decided it would do for a place to spend the evening.

Jessamine popped her head out briefly to see if he was following her, "Coming?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces