[PRP] Neverwhere (Morath & Kazul)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm
User ImageKazul had been firmly told by her mother that she couldn't tag along with her today. She was going to be performing actual Priestess duties, and Kazul wasn't supposed to see them. No one was, except for Priestesses and their apprentices, if they had any. Kazul was very impressed by her mother's work, and she knew that as the High Priestess she was very important, but she didn't want to be a Priestess, so she had thought that she might follow her father as he went about his duties. It didn't cross her mind to try to spy on her mother and the other Priestesses at their work. Both her parents had warned her off angering Priestesses.

So Kazul had thought she might follow her father as he went about his day, since he was more or less her favorite lion anyway, and she never tired of watching him be wonderful, but by the time she decided to do so he had already left the den and she wasn't sure where he had gone. She still wasn't without options, though. She could try to find him, or even try hunting and stalking him, and then she'd pounce on him and he'd play fight with her a little. Not that he usually stopped whatever he was doing to play with her, but this was her fantasy and she could pretend he would.

With this brilliant plan in mind, the dark green cub set off from her den in the direction of the main pride area, her amber eyes wide and alert as they remained trained on the ground, seeking evidence of her father's passage. On the hard, stony ground there wasn't much to find, even for an experienced tracker, so she was mostly going by guesswork.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 am
User Image

Morath had been simply sitting around being her normal grumpy self. Her sister had rubbed in her face some priestess information... and it made her so angry. She hated her sister more and more every day; just that smug way she acted like she was so worried about their father; he was an adult, a stupid one but a capable one. He didn't need the help of a child he just carelessly brought into this world. She wondered what it would be like to be with their birth mother.

These thoughts were bypassed when a small green child with wings wandered past; alone. Morath looked around, her eyes narrowing at the note there was no one with her. That wasn't right. She stood up, wandering closer to the cub; lowering her head. "What are you doing out here?"

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:42 pm
Kazul looked up from her close scrutiny of the ground when she heard someone speaking, asking a question. Specifically, asking what she was doing out there. She wasn't sure at first whether the question was directed at her. It was possible that it wasn't, but more likely that it was. She looked up to see who had spoken and to answer. She wasn't sure why, but she didn't like the idea of speaking to a person without looking at them. It seemed either rude or cowardly, depending on the situation, and Kazul was determined to be neither.

When she saw that she was looking at another cub older than she with vibrant stripes along her chest and underbelly and markings like a teal mask over her eyes, Kazul was a little irritated. The brown cub's tone had indicated that she considered herself some sort of authority figure, and Kazul had been willing to accept that until she realized that she was being spoken to by someone only a little older, and then she was just annoyed.

"I'm stalking a quarry," Kazul replied, automatically using the best grown-up words she knew to make what she was doing sound more important, and leaving out the part about her quarry being her da. That sort of thing would make her sound younger and more childish, and she didn't want to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 pm
Morath could sense the lie in the cubs voice and her eyebrows raised widely behind her teal mask. She nodded her head, though her teeth chewed on her lower lip thoughtfully. This cub was obviously up to something. Perhaps it was trouble. Did this child know how rules worked? She recognized the cubs winged markings, those of a strict father she suspected. No doubt.

Course Morath wasn't he most well behaved child of her time either. She was now, since being taken under her mentors claws to become a priestess. She eyed the youngster thoughtfully for another moment and then with a toothy grin; spoke.

"Well... perhaps I can help bring that quarry down..."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 pm
Kazul looked the larger cub up and down, obviously evaluating her fitness for the task of bringing down her current prey. After all, Kazul's dad was big, and really strong. It would probably take a whole crew of Reavers and their Captain to bring him down. But just to find him, well, maybe the masked cub could help with that.

"I don't know," Kazul said slowly. "My quarry's pretty bit, and really fierce. It'll probably be really dangerous."

Not so much for Kazul, since she was convinced she was her father's favorite cub, despite her sister's insistence that she was the favorite. But there might be some risk to this other cub who wasn't her or Badb. Da might not realize she wasn't really an enemy, and he might eat her or something. Which could be interesting to watch, Kazul supposed with the casual cruelty of childhood.

"But I guess you could come along. I think the trail points this way," she pointed with her ears.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 pm
Morath gave the youngster a smile, intrigued by this girl very much so. She chuckled. "Well, I need some practice in hunting too... I'm not much older than you... and I'm a very poor hunter..." She said with a grin. Actually, truth was her father really hadn't taught her well enough... he had been too busy doing... other things. "I enjoy danger. I am going to be a priestess someday, so Danger is apart of who I am in a way..." She winked.

She crouched down, her rainbow belly close to the ground. She let Kazul lead the way, wanting to give her the chance to prove herself worthy of such naughty behavior. "Your poppa... he has the wings on his back right? My fathers Taraxa..." She said quietly, to keep conversation going.

"I'm Morath."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm
Kazul's ears and tail twitched. She supposed she wouldn't mind the company. After all, the whole purpose of hunting for her father was finding someone to spend her day with, and finding something to do. Hunting with the brown cub would be like that, and so far the older girl didn't seem like a total moron, unlike some of the other cubs Kazul had met that weren't related to her. Though those had all been from the same litter, so maybe it was just unfortunate ancestry.

"My ma's a priestess," Kazul remarked thoughtfully. "She can be pretty scary sometimes, especially when she's not happy with Da. I've never seen her do anything, but I bet she's pretty dangerous."

Most of the time her ma wasn't all that scary, though. She just had a way of acting like she knew things that she couldn't possibly know. Kazul had never tried to lie to her ma, but she didn't think she'd be able to do so with any degree of success. Her ma would probably just look at her and know and that would be unbelievably awful. Lying wasn't a good thing to do anyway, but getting caught at it was just the worst thing Kazul could imagine almost.

She started walking, assuming that her new acquaintance would follow her. It wasn't so much that she was used to getting her own way all the time, but she was also not in the habit of second guessing herself or worrying too much about the consequences of her actions. So off she went, and if the other cub followed, that was great. If not, oh well. Still, she was glad when she found she wasn't walking alone.

"Jah. My da's got wings. They look like mine, only they're fiery colored and he's sooty colored. I think my coat came more from my Ma." She shrugged. It wasn't something she thought about a lot.

"I'm Kazul," she said, automatically introducing herself in response to Morath's introduction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:16 pm
Morath made a face at the description of the lionesses mother. At least she knew hers. Morath's own mother was a warrior or something in a pride of all females... she really didn't know nor dwelled on it. And her father, bah... her father Taraxa... he was two faced in her mind. A warrior she supposed but his heart did not lay with his duties but with females. Thus the birth of her and her siblings and gods knew how many more...

"I am nothing like my mother.. who was mostly white. But I have her spirit." She was always reminded by how her mother had given over daughters and threatened him if they were harmed. "My brother is a leopon... he is orange with spots... he is my Thrall but I treat him more like a sibling than a slave."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm
Now it was Kazul's turn to make a face. Morath calling a hybrid Thrall her brother was something Kazul found mildly distasteful. She didn't know very many Thralls, and those she did know, she did not know on a personal basis. Nothing under the sea or sky could have made her call a Thrall a brother. They were captive creatures, or else non-lions. Either one was pretty bad. The former were weak and the latter just not as good. They weren't even lions. How could they ever hope to be as good as the least Freeborn?

"I have two brothers," she said, but now she was looking around between words, trying to find something which would allow her to escape from this conversation without actually being rude. Morath herself wasn't a Thrall, but a Freeborn and older than Kazul. She knew she ought to mind her manners at least a little. "Arik looks like my sister and our ma, and Hroarr looks more like me and our da."

Ah, yes. Her da. She was supposed to be stalking him, and she'd allowed herself to become distracted. That was as good an excuse to get away as any, though the fact that Morath was walking with her made things slightly more difficult. She might have to lie a little.

"Ah...You know, if I catch him and I'm not alone, he'll probably say it doesn't count because I had help. Especially if the person with me is older." It was about as broad a hint as Kazul was going to give.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 pm
Morath spotted the face that Kazul made and she sort of furrowed her brow at her. Not many saw thralls to be something to call sibling, yet that was what Thuto was. "Hmph. He and I share a mother..." She said simply, obviously angry at how this cub reacted to the news. "And willingly came to live with me and my siblings after my father and mother met; to take care of us and tell us of our mother." She added, her lilac eyes looking at Kazul with a grimace.

She sort of snorted when the cub mentioned the fact she needed to be alone. Fine by her. She tossed her forehead fluff off her face and shrugged. "Yeah. What ever. I have priestess training to do..." She said simply, standing up and walking away from the green girl. She didn't even really bother to say goodbye. She figured the cub wasn't interested in any talking anymore anyways.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items