Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:21 pm
User Image

Fyri flicked a rock, letting it skip across the ground before tumbling over the edge of the cliff, he knew better than hanging around the very edge of the cliffs however he was rather fond of the sensation. Just being able to peer over the edge as waves crashed among the rocks gave him a the sheer feeling of power edged between death. He loved it, the loved the thrill of it all, but at the moment not even his own excitement could keep him from feeling a bit uneasy and bored. He had nothing to do at the moment and he was considered far too young to be allowed to go out on raid.

Quickly sweeping another rock in his paw and bouncing it off the edge, the cub started to walk along a few feet from the edge, the roaring noises of the waves below echoing in his ears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 am
User ImageOne problem Kazul never had was boredom. It seemed that her sex, despite what tradition would suggest, actually granted her access to more places than not. She could tag along with her mother when she went to perform her duties as High Priestess, which her brothers weren't allowed to do, and she could shadow her da when he went about his Warlord duties. In theory, her brothers weren't forbidden to do that, but Aesir was generally less tolerant of them hanging around than he was of his daughters. It was no great secret that he doted on his little girls, though edid make a valiant effort not to do so too obviously.

And there were always other things to do, too, but at present Kazul wasn't in a mood for following others around and watching them do things. She wanted to have some sort of occupation of her own, that was hers and was important. When she grew up she'd be a Reaver, maybe someday a Captain, but right now she was too young even to be allowed to fight and train with them. Assuming she could find anyone to train with. Her sex was a bit of a disadvantage there.

But...there were always her sibs. She could play with them. They could go "viking" and plan raids and try to snatch treasures from the unsuspecting, like the grown-ups got to do. They could even hold a pretend sending-off. Kazul had never been to one, and she desperately wanted to, because she'd heard stories about how much fun they were. Yes, she would find a sibling or two to play with her, she decided.

And, as if the Stormlords had heard her, she noticed the familiar form of her brother up by the cliffs.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 am
The dark fire like cub peered over the edge watching the edge of the dirt crumble in his paws and toppled down to the ocean below. Ignoring the breezed that whipped his bangs of his baby like fur back into a rather mohawk like appearance Fyri gave a half like growl to a roar before looking back over his shoulder. It was her, the familiar green markings gave his sister away as she apparently made a motion to come towards him. Pulling his lips into a thin line and flattening his ears he couldn't help but feel a bit envious of her. How was it that the daughters of Aesir got lucky?

He knew he was just as tough, no tougher than his siblings however, he rarely got invited to attend or shadow his father at any of his Warlord duties (not to say his brother was treated any differently, it was just the girls who did). Not to mention they had access to anything their mother did, though Fyri felt less jealous about having to attend what in his mind seemed more like a boring task to start with. This wasn't to say that what he thought little of his mother or her job, on the contrary he felt his mother was rather important figure it was just that what she did appealed little to him. Besides, what his mother did was forbidden for males to do, why he was unsure at this moment but he never asked questions, rules in a way were rules and a to some extent they existed for some reason.

Giving a short nod of his head Fyri greeted his sister ignoring the fact that the waves crashing below barely made his voice audible, "hey Kazul."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am
Kazul didn't quite hear her brother's words, but she guessed he was greeting her and so she began to tread up the incline to the top of the cliff to join him so that she could actually talk to him without shouting, since shouting clearly wouldn't do her a lot of good. She wished not for the first time that she had her father's powerful roar, which could carry throughout the pride. The fact that most adult male lions could do the same didn't impress her. It was only her father's roar that made any sort of difference to Kazul, and he was the best at it. Just like he was the best at everything.

Once she was close enough to make herself heard without having to shout Kazul drew to a halt and looked around. She had never climbed this high on the cliffs before. She was almost certain that she and Fyri weren't supposed to be here, but if anyone tried to take them to task for it, she was ready to defend her position: no one had said she couldn't go there, which meant that she had assumed it was allowed. Maybe it wasn't advisable, but that was something different from being something disallowed altogether.

"Someday I will kill you," she said with relish.

She wouldn't. Kazul liked her siblings too much to ever want to kill any of them, and didn't think she'd be able to fight against them seriously like lions did in some of the stories. But that was how the greeting went, and she liked the greeting overall. It made her feel fearless, and even more when she got to be the person who responded to it, with a careless Not Today. Stormlords, that was fun.

"What are you doing up here?" Kazul asked. Maybe he had a good reason, but even if he didn't, she was curious. She'd never thought to come up here before, and wanted to know why it had caught his interest.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 am
A frown started to show on his face as he watched his sister tread the incline to greet him, to him these cliffs were his territory. True, he couldn't really claim them, he couldn't tell his sister to leave nor did have any power to tell anyone else not to come but in his own mind he felt as if this was his own little sanctuary away from the rest of the pride. It wasn't that he couldn't demand his sister to leave there was a good chance that no matter what he said to Kazul she would probably ignore him though he couldn't condemn her for that. It was better that she dared to oppose him than just roll over and obey rather quietly, nothing irked him more than someone who didn't bother to raise their voice, cowardice was useless. Besides out of the cubs Kazul had more of their father support than the his sons it wouldn't matter what Fyri's reasonings were in the end there was a higher chance of Kazul ending up less in trouble for being on the cliffs if either of them were caught or dared to argued over it.

"I would love to see you try but I don't believe it will be today or any time soon Kazul," he relied giving her a rather devilish grin as she greeted him, he had to admit at least she never failed to amuse him. He wouldn't let himself lose not even to his sister, it wasn't that he in a way hated his sister enough to kill her he was just one who never took losing well. He wanted to win no matter what it took regardless if he stood a chance against his opponent or not.

"Enjoying the sheer fun of the noise and heights and the power of standing over it all," he replied as she asked his reasoning for being there, he felt little need to explain himself any more than that, if she wanted to know more than she could ask otherwise he and no reason for letting her know that it was his fondes
t place.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 pm
Kazul wasn't sure why Fyri was frowning, but she blithely assumed it had nothing to do with her. How could it? All she'd done so far was greet him and come up to talk to him so that they could actually hear what was being said instead of trying to guess. She liked being able to understand what people said when they spoke. It would be a source of pride for her when she got older that the inebriating mint so beloved by her pride would render her more loquacious without detracting from her lucidity.

"It could be today," she pointed out, returning his grin with a wicked one of her own. "And it could even look like an accident, with the cliffs being so close by."

The thing was, when Kazul finally was able to kill people, she would never make it look like an accident. That wasn't how the Stormborn worked. A lion could be clever and cunning and sneaky in planning and executing an attack, and they could even cover their tracks so that no one would know who had done it, but they would never be so dishonest as to rob a fellow Stormborn of the death they deserved by claiming it was an accidental thing. To do so would be a grave insult. Even as a cub, Kazul understood that.

After hearing his response, Kazul strode past him, moving closer to the promontory so that she could look down over the edge. From there she imagined she could feel the sea spray even though she was too high up to actually feel it. She could smell the salt and feel the water in the air, and that was good. She could feel the ocean's deep movements and the surface crash against the cliffs through her feet, and that was better. Fyri's words about power were definitely correct.

"It's good up here," she said, stepping away from the edge. "I see why you think it's fun. I was going to ask if you wanted to play Reavers though."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:42 am
She paid little attention to his rather disgruntled appearance that he gave her when she approached him however he should have no have been surprised. Fyri was no one to display emotions without a reason but he gave others far too much credit in interpreting them correctly. At times he wondered if maybe he was incapable of displaying the correct facial expression yet he was convince that it was not entirely his fault. Why would he be wrong in the first place, despite really only feeling the need to keep a rather placid look on his face he was reassured he could display such things as rage, annoyance and etc. when need be.

"And what a rather disappointing end for me though you could at least do me the favor and at least say that you were the one who pushed me instead of a mere pathetic accident, even it were an accident," the cub replied with a rather charming smirk playing on his lips. Fyri would never stoop so low to claim anything was accident even if he had or hadn't done it. Claiming what wasn't yours in the terms of murder was no act of honor however if it came between one losing honor in their death or the mere lie of claiming murder for another honor he felt the lie was necessary.

Fyri only gave Kazul a nod as she spoke about the edge of the cliff, he could only imagine that she felt about the same as he did when he peered over the edge. She had made no expression nor gave any other words that considering it was "fun" however for Fyri it was more than just fun it was a rather egotistical notion on his own part.

"Reavers.." he replied giving a moment paused deciding was he truly bored enough to play with Kazul or if he would prefer to stay meddling in his thoughts. "Alright I'll play."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 am
"Hmph," she said, sniffing disdainfully. "That depends on you. If you're an annoying pain in the arse I'll let everyone think you were just clumsy. Otherwise, I'll let you have the honor of being my first kill."

She climbed down the path, moving away from the cliffs. She knew that playing Reavers could be a bit dangerous, and she didn't actually want to go over the edge or send her brother over the edge. He may have been a general pain in the arse but he was her brother, and that meant he got more leeway than most of her family would have done.

"Don't do me any favors," she said, turning around and sitting down to regard him from a bit down the path. She had once more reached a distance where she had to raise her voice to make herself heard. She didn't want to play with him if he was going to be all stupid and grumpy about it.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. Really, I don't want you to if you don't want to."

Kazul was confident in her ability to amuse herself if she had to. She had been willing to do that before she noticed Fyri up on the cliffs. She could even play Reavers on her own, and then she wouldn't have to argue over who got to be the Reaver and who had to be the people being raided. She could go gather plants to bring home to her ma, too. Her ma was always appreciative when she brought back plants.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am
Fyri gave her a bit of an amusing smirk, "Well then I guess I shouldn't be too much of annoying pain in the arse then." He replied before moving closer the edge of the cliff to peer down again, he was still nothing more than a mere cub he had little to no interest in disappearing so soon there was still much more he needed to accomplish before then.

Looking back he started to follow his sister down the cliff, he didn't bother worrying about why knowing that playing any games near such areas were rather stupid more so than a show of bravery. Not that he would have wanted much to happen to his own sister, true he was a bit jealous of her and as much as she thought he was a pain he felt the same about her however having her dead was not a just punishment.

Giving his sister a bit of a dark glare, he retorted "Why would I do you or anyone else any favors, if had little interest in playing I would have said no to start with." Despite being bored and questioning himself in his interest of playing with Kazul he had little to no interest only putting half his heart in his own participation. It was either do it with full interest or don't do it all or at least he felt that way when it came to such things.

He watched her with as he flicked his tail, unlike her he didn't bother sitting down but continued to make his way past her with an air of coldness towards her. Waiting until he was at least he a few feet from her he turned around, "So which role do you want to play
Kazul?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:25 pm
Do mind if this is my last post? I'm pretty awful at RPing cubs at play, so if we could just assume that they play after this, it'd make my life a lot easier.

Kazul really had never given any thought to the fact that her brothers might envy her and her sister their position in the family, favored by their father and able to accompany their mother when she was doing priestess things, at least sometimes. She tended to take both of these things as her due for having been born so fantastic. It would have taken a lot to convince Kazul that she wasn't the greatest thing since claws and teeth.

The green cub with the wing markings on her back looked her brother up and down, making sure he knew she was not convinced. She wasn't stupid, and she could tell when a person wasn't sure they wanted to do something. Usually she tried to use their indecision to persuade them to do things her way, but that had only a limited effect on family members. She only glared back at Fyri as she looked at him, intent on driving her point home without saying anything, like their parents could do.

"I'll let you be the Reaver if you want," she said, making something of a peace offering. Fyri seemed kind of prickly today. "And I can be the warrior from the other group."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces