Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary of Dreams

Back to Guilds

Guild for the SoD shop 

Reply {Journals} Where your journey unfolds!
*~Gemini's Journal~* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:35 am
~Gemini, Dream of The Deep~
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am
Introduction

Good day to you. My name is Corny, and I am the dreamer to awaken the dew named Gemini. She is of the essence deep, and is very dear to me. This is a journal I have started to keep information about my dew, including a chronicle of her interactions with myself and others. I hope to have many adventures with my dew, and am very excited to see what will come. I hope you will join me... <3

Gemini is now a gorgeous adult!! It finally happened! Here's to a lifetime of happiness for you, my dear!

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 am
RP Info:

Gemini writes in Dark Blue

Corny writes in Green

RP Logs:

School Days *Complete*
A Shopping Trip! *Complete*
Taking the Plunge *Complete*
Spilling The Beans *Complete*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:04 am
Gemini Basics:

Name: Gemini
Essence: Deep
Engaged to: Conan
Likes: Singing, being near running water, classical music, frogs, writing, sewing
Dislikes: When it's too hot out, when others fight or yell, being the center of attention
Personality: Gemini as a teen really isn't much different than she was as a child. She's playful, loving, and affectionate, and is still as curious about the world as ever. She is quite the young lady, and always seeks to keep the peace to prevent confrontation. Unfortunately, she still has not tapped into the full potential of her inner strength and self confidence. She's shy around strangers, though has opened up a great deal to friends and seems all the happier for it.
**working on adult bio***

Photos

Stage 1: Dew
Stage 2: Child Uncert
Stage 3: Teen Uncert
Stage 4: Adult Uncert

FanArt - By Ryghann <333
ChibiArt - By Ryghann! X3  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 am
Updates

7-18-13~ Gemini has reached adulthood!
9-20-12~ Gemini... became engaged! O.o <33
12-30-11~ Gemini has grown into a teen.
2-24-11~ Gemini has grown into a child.
2-17-11~ I rediscovered my dew, Gemini.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 am
~Entry 1~

I continue to be amazed that I listened to my friend. Not that I didn't trust her, but Blue can be eccentric, and the thought of dreams coming to life... was at the time, frankly, unbelievable. But listen to her I did, and this is what happened.

I walked slowly along the path, biting my lip in anticipation. If these dews were fake, I'd just wasted half a day. But, if they were real... And there it was, just like Blue had said! The stone archway. and beyond, the beautiful garden and the tree. I picked up my pace going through the archway, then slowed back down to enjoy the impecable garden. An energy was in the air that I couldn't explain. I soon reached the tree, looking up at the branches in awe, the dew making the tree seem to glow in the full moon's light.

After standing there for a short time, I heard a gentle ringing, like a tiny bell. I searched for the sound, finding that it was one of the dews on a leaf within the depths of the tree, a bare bit of moonlight making it shimmer gently. Cautiously, I reached and plucked the dew and its leaf. With the dew in my hands, I started looking at the array of bottles surrounding the tree. Almost instantly, the bottle containing a dark blue liquid grasped my attention, and I somehow knew that didn't need to look further.

I sat next to the bottle, setting the dew carefully into my lap. I picked up the bottle even without knowing what essence lay within. It seemed to have it's own little glow. Gently pulling out the cork, I tilted the bottle until one drop of the essence of deep dripped onto the dew, just like I'd been told to do. Recorking the bottle, I watched with delight as the dew absorbed the color. I stood then, watching the dew shine in the moonlight. "You're such a pretty thing, Gemini." Having been doubtful of this quest, I hadn't been planning a name yet, but it slipped out, and I knew it was right. Holding Gemini close, I left the tree of wishes, pausing at the archway to smile back at the tree and its garden.

That garden was a picture in itself, a haven that I could never have imagined on my own. Despite my previous disbelief, I was then grateful to have been able to visit that place. I haven't regretted it yet.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 am
~Entry 2~

It had been a couple days now since I'd found Gemini. She was a charming little thing, for a drop of dew. Even as I write, she is sitting here next to my journal calmly, no sense of impatience at all. Yesterday, I played around with things I thought she might like, to see if I could learn better her reactions. I did a wide assortment of things, from classical music to fire.

The music she reacted lovingly to. Her little bells chimed sweetly, as though she was doing a slow dance. I switched to a pop sort of song. Her bells chimed again, but not with the same enthusiasm. Then, I played heavy metal, and she seemed to withraw from me, and I felt reluctance and even fear eminating from her. I quickly turned it off, and she calmed.

The next thing I tried was scent. I had no idea if a dew could smell, so it was worth a try at least. I sprayed a strong flowery perfume on a cloth and set it next to her and her bell rang sharply. I have to admit that I was pleased. It wasn't my favorite scent either. Next, I placed a small bowl of freshly cut fruit at her side, and this time her bells rang happily. The fact that she could smell... if not in the sense that we could smell intrigued me.

Then I tried temperature. An ice cube and a candle. In short, she objected to both. But especially the flame. Her bells rang very sharply and irritably when the candle flame was close to her. Actually, even after pulling the candle away she seemed shaken, so I tried the classical music from earlier and she was soothed by it. That such a small thing as a dew could have so much personality already... The last thing I tried was a luke warm bowl of water, hoping that the temperature would be calming after a trying day. When I placed her into the bowl she floated on top silently for a moment. Then, one of her ribbons dipped into the water. Suddenly, she had a symphony of chimes that shouldn't have come from her bitty bells.

With my new discovery in hand, I immediately found a shallow but wide planter to set her in, and Gemini was happier than ever. Even though the trial and error had been strenuous on the dew, she gave off the indication that she had enjoyed the experience, especially since it had earned her this new watery home. If anything, I'd swear it had brought the two of us closer together.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm
~Entry 3~

After yesterday’s trial, I decided to take Gemini for a walk. I bought a tall, clear, plastic, childproof vase. Putting in a small amount of water, Gemini could float about safely without worrying about accidently being splashed out. It wasn’t the most glamorous form of transportation, but I hoped that she would change into a child soon like some of the other dews I had recently met or heard about.

Though it was cold out yet, I decided the park might be a good place to see. Walking through, Gemini’s bells chimed softly, pleased with the new surroundings. True, it was still cold out, but the snow gave the trees and bushes an elegant beauty of being dressed up in winter finery. Various statues dedicated to dearly departed friends caught her interest, her bells tinkling curiously. I explained how statues were not real people, for I could only assume her curiosity was due to the life-like appearance of the statues.

Along the walk we saw a group of people playing in the snow and building snow forts. As we neared them I again felt Gemini’s curiosity, but also a sense of fear. When I stopped moving, she seemed to calm down and allowed her interest in the other humans to pacify. While she watched the play silently, I watched her. One of the children waved at us. When I waved back, I felt Gemini watch me. I’d swear that in an almost bashful tone, she gave a small chime of her bell in a wave of her own.

I am very pleased to know she is curious about the world around her. What I wonder is if her shyness is the result of being a mere dew, or if it is truly a personality quirk. While I can tell she is eager to leave the restrictions of her dew form behind, a sort of reluctance is present as well. I’ve been talking to her these past couple nights, trying to ease her road to the change. She enjoys when I talk to her, and if I perceive correctly, she is also encouraged by my words. One can only hope.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 pm
~Entry 4~

Having no idea what Gemini would grow to be like, I decided to ready some clothing for a variety of forms. What if she had webbed feet? Or what if she had fins? What if she was scaly? What if she didn’t need clothing at all? Though I bought pants and a shirt and a dress, I’d say my favorite was the dress. It was a very pretty though sturdy cloth, a swimsuit type material. Being of the essence deep, and already enjoying water, I wanted fabric that would handle being in and out of water, and would be form-fitting to keep from weighing her down. But anyway, it was sleeveless, with wide shoulder straps. About mid-thigh on an average child, it was a soft yellow color with green whorls dotted about. A dark green belt would hold it firmly in place around her waist as she swam.

When I held up the different outfits, she seemed to like the dress best as well. I have to admit that I was pleased with myself. I figured she would like it. It wasn’t flashy, but it wasn’t boring either. And also I be-
*the ink scribbles off the page in a startled line*

It’s amazing! Absolutely amazing! Gemini is a child, a beautiful child! It’s a good thing I had bought those clothes when I did! I heard a pop and saw a flash reflect against the wall from behind me. When I turned, there she sat on the bed where I’d left her, plain as a newborn, which she is, in a sense. The only thing on her blessed body was a string of pearls! Can you believe it? While I could only dance on my toes in delight, she rolled determinedly toward the dress that hung off the bedpost and grabbed at it. I composed myself enough to help her get it on, and she sat looking up at me pleased as a peach.

The first thing she did after getting the dress on was to wave her fingers at me like the child had at the park before. I had the feeling that she’d been waiting to do that this whole time. I waved back to her, then pulled her into my lap and held her close. She’s watching me write even now. I wanted to get this down while it was still fresh in my mind. I must go make arrangements though. <333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am
~Entry 5~

Gemini is currently napping in the tub right now. Oh, she is a sweet little thing. Life is going to be difficult for her though. I’m glad I thought to buy a dress, because the darling girl is a mermaid! I wouldn’t have her any other way of course, but as I said, her life will be complex.

First, I want to describe her image, since I was far too excited to do so in my last entry. Golden wavy hair that goes down to her waist. Large blue eyes and, indeed, a shy smile. Perfect little fingers. Her bottom half is a soft teal color with the texture of dolphin skin instead of scales. Smooth rubbery skin from hip to the tips of her split tail. And the dress we picked out fits her perfectly, thank goodness for that.

And now one can see where the difficulty lies. Without legs, I must either carry her everywhere or completely revamp my home so that she can swim where she pleases. I’m fairly certain carrying her everywhere would get old quickly, so revamping it will be.

A pond already exists in my backyard, so I intend to have it cleaned out and widened as soon as the weather allows. The tub will have to do for now, but Gemini doesn’t seem to mind yet. She’s a quick learner and already knows how to work the faucets to change the temperature or refill as she pleases. Her splashing does make a mess though. She loves playing with her toys. Most of them are waterproof, except for a couple things like blocks when she’s out of the tub. She seems to spend about a 50-50 split between the tub and the rest of the house. Like any shy child, she likes to remain close to me, her guardian, even if it means being carried or simply dragging and rolling herself on the floor. Actually, she seems to enjoy rolling herself around, her laughter similar to the chimes of the bell in her previous form.

I had to get an idea of what kind of plant life she would want in her home, so we looked through an online aquarium shop. As I had expected, she liked bold, bright colors. Truly, she pointed at every plant we saw, but I narrowed the list down by writing only the plants that she made noise at. After putting her down for her nap, I also looked at fish and other water creatures that I thought she might enjoy or would be good for the water’s environment. I’ll show her those another time, once I’ve narrowed down my own choices.

Saying that I’m anxious about the job ahead of me would be an understatement. While excitement burns in my chest, my nerves are on alert, my mind constantly thinking about the days to come. As for Gemini, she acts as thought there isn’t a care in the world. As long as she can follow me around and has a source of water to soak in, she is content as a clam. I’m almost jealous! I know she will be a joy though. I can hear the tub splashing again, and she’s singing to herself in her baby gibberish. I do hope she’ll learn to speak soon.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:53 pm
~Entry 6~

Gemini has shown an interest in reading even though she can’t speak yet, so I’m hoping this might provide incentive for her to do so. I read to her most every night, and she enjoys the stories a great deal. I’m glad she has such an imagination. I went out and bought some new books, plus a couple baby books that were easy reading and made out of plastic so that she could practice in the tub.

I think she was very excited to start this latest lesson. When I came home from work the other day, I found that she had pulled herself up into the reading chair and was holding one of the new books, just looking at the words. As soon as the sitter left, she had me reading the book for her. She has such a look of concentration when I read now, very focused on the words. Every so often she looks up and watches me read, her mouth trying to copy the motions I’m making.

It’s hard for me to know if she understands what she’s reading when she can’t actually tell me what it is she has supposedly read. She’s usually good at telling me when she needs help, but I can’t ask her outright if she needs it. The last time I did, she got a rather stubborn look on her face as though I was insulting her. She seems very determined to do this on her own, much like everything else. I still read to her at night, but during the day she is staring at the books as though demanding the information through thought alone.

It’s amazing that this child who can barely look at a stranger is so confident in her own abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm
~Entry 7~

Gemini loves fish. I ordered some online for the pond out back, and then took her to the pet store so that she could have some firsthand picks. I swear she pointed at every single fish in the store. I’m sure that if she hadn’t been restricted to the cart that she would have had her nose pressed to the glass and even reached in to grab the fish for herself. Every fish and aquatic dweller would have come home with us if she had been making the rules.

Since she seems able to swim in both fresh and salt water, I’ve gotten basic freshwater fish for the expansive pond outside and colorful saltwater beauties for the indoor aquarium. Though Gemini prefers looking at the saltwater fish with their bright colors, I can tell she enjoys spending an equal amount of time with the freshwater fish currently in the pond. This pleases me a great deal, since it shows that she realizes that appearances aren’t everything.

With the new large aquariums installed, thanks to many special donations, Gemini is for the most part free to roam the house. Like tunnels, the aquarium follows one side of each room against the walls. There are a few rooms she can’t reach, but that’s fine for now. She is excited about her newly found freedom. She shows a lot of energy when she swims, rolling and spinning and tumbling around. And short ladders at two points allow her to pull herself in and out by herself if she needs or wants to. She has even started decorating them with rocks from outside and plants from the store. She has to be careful with how fast she swims in her tunnels though; the poor fish she passes tumble about in her wake.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 pm
~Entry 8~

Since the sun was out today I took Gemini back to the garden where she was born. Though it looks a little silly, I pushed her there in a small cart. When she has more upper body strength, I’ll get her something to push herself around in. The garden was just as it had been when I’d arrived before. Some areas were getting primped and cleaned up, but it was still lovely.

Gemini enjoyed the view as well. She “ooh”ed and “ahh”ed and shrieked at the plant life. I put her onto the grass so that she could feel it herself and wander where she wished. As suspected, she went to the bright flowers in bloom first. A few other dreams and their guardians were there. I tried unsuccessfully to get my deep dream to socialize, but to no avail. She just stuck her thumb in her mouth and hid behind her hair. I did see a few small smiles though and a sweet little wave. Luckily, the others didn’t seem to mind.

After the brief visit, Gemini wandered to The Tree. Her face became solemn, as though she could feel and sympathized with all those dreams waiting for their guardians to come find them. She looked at the many bottles, reaching out to touch the bottle that contained the essence that she was made of. Stroking the trunk of the tree, she turned and gave me a bright smile, and I could tell she was thanking me for finding and awakening her.

Her last stop was a little pool off to the side. With a shriek, she pushed herself in and jumped about gaily. Like in her pools at home, she spun and leapt and twirled. When she noticed the others watching her, her face pinkened and she dropped below the surface. Floating at the top, she inspected the lily pads and lily flowers, “talked” to the frogs and the water bugs. She seemed to really like the frogs, even to the point of floating on her back and encouraging them to hop onto her belly. I’ll have to remember to get frogs as well for her pond at home.

When it was time to go, she looked sad but didn’t make a fuss. That would have meant drawing attention to herself. She simply hugged the frogs good-bye and crawled over to me. Though she always dries quickly, I wrapped her in a towel anyway and we were headed back home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:39 pm
~Entry 9~

Gemini is being such a little trooper. I can tell that our latest addition, Chadrick, has been a bit of a bother for her. While she and I are both used to quiet and peace, he “talks” more than a teenage girl with a cell phone. Poor Gemini doesn’t know what to do with herself.

She helps out with him when she can; soothing him with gentle rocking and singing lullabies when he’s in the mood, even coloring pictures to hang next to his shelf by the window. She enjoys taking care of him when she can. His excitable ring puts her off though. She has taken to hiding out in my room with her toys and coloring books, or lingering in the pond out back.

When Chadrick gets too noisy, she goes out there and sinks down to the bottom of the pond. I think she lays down there with the catfish, and can sit down there for up to an hour. The last time she came up, she was holding a bouquet of seaweed. I hung them and let them dry, and she put them into a bowl for decoration. She seemed to appreciate that.

When the dew isn’t being his own stereo, she lets him sit next to her and watch her color or build with her blocks. She even has a few dolls that she’s willing to share, letting Chadrick play one of the dolls and moving it around for him. He’s never quiet long though, but it’s nice while it lasts, especially for her.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:51 pm
~Entry 10~

Gemini is finally taking to speaking. Somewhere between the reading lessons and encouragement from friends, she started connecting words to her speech. Instead of just her little baby babbling, actual clear words are being spoken. She speaks to her dolls, to me, to her fish, and more-so to me. I’ve even seen her speaking to other children.

I’m hoping that this means writing won’t be too far behind. Perhaps soon you will see her own scribbles about her day. Though she spends a lot of time in the water, I try to impress her with how important writing can be. Her interest piqued when I told her writing was how stories were made.

I myself am further encouraged by her increasing coloring skill. She’s keeping her crayons within the lines, and is even trying to get her hands on my colored pencils. Her confidence has been showing through with her pictures. Usually themed around frogs and underwater life, she has been gifting them to others around and asking for them to be taped to the wall. When she sees the approval of others, she just beams. Now, I have to work on getting her to stop sucking her thumb…

{Journals} Where your journey unfolds!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff