Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 pm
User Image
Another day, another moment spent wishing that he wasn't growing more and more adept at being a Ligi. He disgusted himself, especially when he didn't even hesitate to knock people around. When he didn't even pause before tormenting someone with no real cause. He was careful, sure, he'd gotten the art of not really hurting anyone down, but what if he forgot?

Yeah, the longer he did this job, the better he got, the more he started to hate everything about this pride, especially himself. No--not everything. Jabari still loved his family. That's why he did what he did. He had to remember that fact.

But he was still in a dark mood as he started down the shady path ahead of him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm
User Image

Iaeratu had spent the last few hours hunting for a family who were struggling, and had only recently dropped off the carcass off at the family's den. She was tired already, and it was barely time for a rest. Instead of finding somewhere for a quick rest, Iaeratu pushed herself further and moved on again, to check on another family who might need support.

She was walking down the shady path when she spotted him. For a moment, she considered leaping away, hiding in something to avoid the hated ligi member, but that would only draw suspicion to herself, so instead she tilted her jaw up as she approached.

"Greetings," she said, her voice calm, as she drew to a halt to respectful bow her head. She hated being respectful to them, she just wanted to scream at them that they had killed her mother, but she held her tongue, and her eyes - though cold - gave away nothing of her hatred.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm
"Hello," he said in reply, his eyes roaming over the female. Of the Tama house, if her coloring was telling the truth, but he hadn't met her personally. She looked tired, and those cold eyes were something he had grown accustomed to. She smelled faintly of blood. A huntress, then. "Good hunting?"

It sounded as if he was going to hit her up for food, but he wasn't. Oh well, if it made him sound like an a**, all the better.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

She nodded her head to his question, her eyes gazing at him coolly. As a Ligi, he probably had his own personal hunter, she thought bitterly, though it wasn't really true. She had always thought Ligi were pampered and spoilt, unecessarily.

"Yes," she agreed, keeping her voice civil. "Do you wish for me to hunt for you?"

She really hoped he'd say no. Not because she was too tired to hunt, no, but because she simply didn't want to support any member of the Ligi, even with something simple like food.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 pm
"Ah, that would be entertaining, wouldn't it?" he said, walking a little closer. "You could hunt down a rabid rabbit, or perhaps one with something worse, don't you think? A bit of poisonous meat mixed in herbs to mask the smell. A huntress has a lot of power, doesn't she?"

His tail flicked behind him with his sadistic amusement. "I know a few ligi I wouldn't mind you hunting like that for, actually," he added lowly, right next to her ear.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:25 pm

As he walked closer, Iaeratu had never wanted to back away more in her life. She did not want a Ligi close to her, but she would not show him fear, so instead she kept her jaw tilted and her eyes cool as he spoke. Oh, she thought, that sounds lovely. Imagine. Poisoning a Ligi member. She almost wanted to smile, but she knew that would not happen.

"Never," she denied, though her tone was firm, it was not really completely convincing. "I only hunt to help, not to hurt." Though she couldn't deny the odd fantasy of murdering a few choice members.

She was unable to help but flinch back as he spoke quietly in her ear, and she fell back a step or two, watching him in heavily guarded suspicion. He couldn't mean...? "I thought Ligi were loyal to the pride, and to one another," she sneered, unable to hold back. She flinched then, assuming that she would be punished for that comment.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm
He gave her the most innocent look he had. "Hmm?" he said. "Did I say something?" He was evil. It was decided. He was an evil b*****d who constantly teased and tormented people just because he could. "I love my Ligi brothers." Which was the absolute truth. Tasso and Kayin were his brothers and Ligi, and he loved them.

"Take a rest, huntress. You'll be useless to our pride if you work yourself to death. Chat with me."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Iaeratu wanted to snarl at him, but she held her tongue, glancing away. She was sure he loved his ligi brothers, they were as cruel as he was, no doubt, and deserved his 'affection'.

She glanced at him, coldly when he commanded her to take a rest. "But if I do not work, then people will die," she said, her voice sweet. Not that you care, her voice implied. "but what is it you wish to talk to a humble huntress about?" She said, as if she was honoured to be talking to a Ligi.

She did not hate people in higher positions then her. The Lord she had met, though poor at some life skills, had not be arrogant or cruel. She did not mind those sorts of higher status members, but people like this male? Cruel Ligi? She would rather hunt all day then talk with them, but she could not refuse him, for fear of injury - or death.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:52 pm
"There are some families in the pride that bother me with how ugly they are," he said. "You can see their bones, it's disgusting, you know. I think they could do with a bit more food to make them less unsightly." He sat, his tail twitching behind him. "I could perhaps make sure that I was there when you brought them food. To make sure they got it."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Iaeratu cast him a suspicious look, eying him for a moment before speaking calmly, "there is no need for you to take time out of your busy day. If you just direct me to the 'ugly' family, then I will see to it that they get food and become less...unsightly for your eyes to gaze at."

She'd rather him not around. Families were nervous around Ligi, especially those who were too terrified to hunt.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 pm
"Ah, that's true, it would be a pain," he agreed, looking thoughtful. "It's a small family living on the edge of the pride. I pass by them every time I have to go on patrol, and truly it's disturbing. You've probably seen them before," he added. "I mean, looking as they do, who could miss them?"

There were several families and even a few solo lions that made him disgusted with the Shatkona's way of ruling, with the ligi's way of bullying. But if he could claim a certain huntress as his own, he could possibly get the other ligi to leave her alone.

"Actually," he said. "I am slightly peckish. If you manage to come upon a non-rabid rabbit, why don't you bring it to me?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Iaeratu wanted to hit him. A lot. It was probably his fault the family was that way! But she held her tongue and made a mental note to check on the family. Perhaps take them a gazelle for dinner tonight and make sure they were okay. Cubs tended to get sick if they were left without food, so did the elderly. Adult lions were okay, they had body reserves to fall back on, but the others were already so depleted. Regret and sadness fluttered in her gaze, staring at her paws and wishing she could help.

She glanced up when he spoke, talking of finding him a rabbit. Non-rabid, she wanted to scoff. If she found a deadly one, she'd deliver it to him personally and hand feed him it! Instead, she gave a tense smile. "Of course," she nodded, glancing back the way she had come. "Do you wish for it now?" It would get her away from him...unless he decided to follow to watch her hunt...which was a disturbing thought.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 pm
"No, I think after you've fed some of the others. Bring it to the jaw, if you would," he said lazily, acting so much like an a** even as he plotted things out. If they saw her bringing him food, his claim would be clear. It wasn't completely necessary, but it would make things smoother for feeding the families.

Unless they asked why she brought his food to others. He would have to keep an eye on them still. Damn. This job just kept getting more annoying.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Unaware of his planing, or his thoughts, Iaeratu continued to growl inwardly, though outwardly she was calm...-ish. "So gracious," she said politely, though it was tinged with sarcasm, as she bowed her head to him. She blanched at he idea of going near the mouth, but nodded. "Of course. Now, if you don't mind, I should be hunting for those...ugly families so they don't harm your eyes," she told him smoothly, wanting nothing but to turn tail and leave his company...and perhaps find a rabid hare for him.

Velveteen Angel

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm
"Remember, no herbs, please," he said, standing and walking away. This might work. If it didn't, they were smarter than he thought they were.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff