Reply Rainbow Bridge
My Baby Lady Sadie April 20, 2007- Frbruary 13, 2011

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Jenn Jenn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:32 am
Sadie was a one of a kind dog. Half chocolate lab, half bloodhound. A twin to Sable, who we found about 7 months after we got Sadie. She enjoyed chasing lazers and anything that casted a shiny glow to the walls or floors. She even made up her own shinies by nudging the blinds and chasing the light on the floor as their shadows moved back and forth.

Every day, Sadie and Sable would go out in the back yard to chase squirrels. Sadie was extremely loud and impatient about it. You would think the neighbor's would call the cops because every time she went out, the dog sounded like she was being tortured. They never caught the squirrels.

She was the best cuddle buddy. And she would often lay in bed next to me for hours getting petted as I fell asleep and then rolling into me, pushing me over to get more room on the bed. Her soft, saggy furry body was so hugable! The only hint of bloodhound she had was a dark strip that was only noticable in the right light that went down her back, and the fluffy, saggy skin she had on her neck. It was my favorite part of her.

Unfortunately, Sadie met her untimely death on Sunday, February 13, 2011. We were testing the new lead we had installed in the back of the truck by going on a road trip with the girls. On our way home, Sadie decided to bark at a group of cows. We had discovered that she had the ability to put her paws up on the side of the truck. But with a shout she would get down. I didn't have time to shout at her before she slipped and fell over the side right before my eyes. My husband tried as quickly as he could to pull over. But he was barely slowed down when we felt the thump he had run her over. She was gone in minutes.

Sadie was a good girl. One of the best pets I have ever owned. And the first pet that I ever had after I moved out on my own and got married. And my ignorant stupidity killed her. crying

I'm so sorry, Sadie. RIP, my baby girl. Mama loves you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:09 am
Oh my god....I'm so, so sorry. My eyes actually got watery reading this. *hugs* She lived a great life, surrounded by people who loved her, along with her sister. Not a lot of animals are that lucky. Death is just a part of life. Even when they're accidental. She's gone to Rainbow Bridge, where she can chase lazers and squirrels to her heart's desires.

The good either live to be old, or die young, y'know? It's how the world works.

She'll miss you as much as you miss her. That I'm sure of. heart

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Miss Jenn Jenn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:12 am
Thanks smile

I know that accidents happen. And I shouldn't blame myself. But its very hard.

I can only look forward to the day when we will meet again in heaven.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm
awww im so sorry for your loss  

durpz1

9,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers