Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Teacher Table # 4 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alex Teaflower

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am
User Image

Teacher's assigned to Table 4 sit here.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:41 pm

User Image
Professor Mira Sinclair Art & Muggle Art Teacher Hufflepuff

“Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.”
User Image
Mira sauntered towards the table, slightly frighten, her robes were pink and purple, gold embroidered butterflies ran down her sleeves. The brunette took her seat, happy that her robes were impeccably clean for once and free of paint stains. Mira's blind-date had yet to show, and her mind was bombarded with worries.

'Oh, please, dear, God, make sure I don't end up with a drinker! I can't hold my liquor! I don't want anyone to find that out, even Kita doesn't know that!' She tapped her foot nervously, she wanted to get this thing over with, and soon. 'Did I put on too much vanilla-scented perfume? One spray isn't much...but then again its kinda strong...' The brunette shook her head trying to banish her thoughts, she began to scan the room's decorations. 'No flowers...how sad...' Mira pulled out her wand, and performed a non-verbal spell, her hand moving in a circural motion. A small glass orb appeared on the table—across from her—it was filled with tiny lavender roses. The art professor sighed softly to herself, her worries started to abate.

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Oellith

Sparkly Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:31 pm
User Image

Callysto Xelenia Jap-ha Avde | Language Master

Callysto sneered when she spotted her assigned table. This whole event was so -- revolting. She hated Valentines day. Never had a significant other to spend it with. She scowled when she sat down. Her table-mate wore hideously coordinated robes; pink and purple -- and oh, Callysto mentally rolled her eyes, there were gold butterflies fluttering down the length of each sleeve. Joy.

The half-elf herself was dressed in black robes. Not a single button was undone. She nodded stiffly at the woman before noting she had not met this particular colleague before. She smirked, she was rather - cute - even in those ridiculous robes.

Callysto held out her hand to the woman, her silver eyes studying the figure before her. "I don't believe we have met."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:05 pm

User Image

User Image
Mira's gaze flickered over to a woman with silver hair, she watched her walk pass the other tables and head towards her own. The brunette noticed the mystery-woman's sneer from and began to worry about the floral-orb she conjured—Mira assumed the sneer was about the dislike of the decorations. The half-elf spoke to her, and Mira finding her voice lovely, stopped worrying. The art professor took the hand held out to her and shook it a firm grasp. "No, we have not met. My name is Mira Sinclair. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting?" Her tone was calm as she spoke, but there was a subtle warmth to it.

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Oellith

Sparkly Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm
User Image

"Miss Sinclair." Callysto purred; bringing the woman's hand to her lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of it. "Such a lovely name, for such a lovely woman." She paused, eying her newly acquainted colleague carefully. "Am I correct to assume it is Miss? Or perhaps you are married?" She released the woman's hand and bowed low. "My name is Callysto Xelenia Jap-ha Avde."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:55 pm
User Image
~Nurse Assistant~

Rian smiled as he walked up to the table and smiled. He was the only guy at the table so far. "Hello ladies" he said with a light bow to both. "looks like Im with you" he smiled as sweetly as he could. "My Name is Rian McCrae and Im the new assistant nurse, just got here" he added as he sat down next to Mira. Rian was never very good with women. There are reasons why he has never had a date in his life. He already felt akward, he knew he wasn't talking right already. Not all of us can be Icarus he thought to himself with a small laugh.  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Oellith

Sparkly Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 pm
User Image

Callysto faced the newest addition to their table, a man. He introduced himself as Rian McCrae as he made himself comfortable. "Callysto Avde," She said curtly; dropping her middle names this time. "Language Master." She scowled again, assuming the young woman would take a liking to this fellow; leaving her-- nowhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 am

User Image

User Image
The art professor chuckled slightly at Callysto. "Thank you. I think your name is quite lovely as well. And yes you would be correct to assume that I am single." Mira gave the half-elf a small but winsome smile.

A brown-haired man came up the table and Mira nodded in return to his bow. She poured herself a Gillywater and took a sip as Callysto introduced herself to him. The art professor definitely noticed the lack of warmth, for what reason she had no clue. 'It seems as if I'll have to play Hufflepuff peacemaker....if I can.' she thought with a small sigh. Mira coughed, then looked at both of them with a curious and somewhat child-like expression, her elbows were propped up on the table and her hands were folded under her chin.

"Callysto,..." The art professor began,
choosing the silver-haired woman's easier-to-pronounce-first-name. "....you never told me you were a Language Master. How many languages do you know?" Mira's gaze then flickered to assistant nurse as she asked, her Irish brogue comming out a bit more then before so that it was no longer subtle. "Are you Irish, McCrae?"

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am
User Image
~Nurse Assistant~

((sorry forgot to mention that he has a strong irish accent))

Rian felt a little intimidated by the language professor and coughed nervously. Smiling as Mira questioned him,"Yes I am, and correct me if I am wrong but it seems as though you are too" he asked hoping he wasn't only hearing things.

He looked back at Callysto,
"Language is a very interesting class. I thought about learning a few more but my accent is so strong I don't think I'd do to well" he laughed nervously. It confused him why the woman seemed so cold towards him but he was determined to make this woman warm up to him and at least seem less cold.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 pm
User Image

"Nearly 200." She drolled. Callysto was pleasantly surprised when Miss Sinclair questioned her about her profession; and the young Irish man expressed his interest in language. She raised a slender hand, waving it dismissively. "Nonsense!" She cracked a hint of a grin at him. "Accents make a beautiful addition to language." Callysto knew her own accent was terribly noticeable -- it was an odd combination from her years studying so many languages; human and non-human. As the night continued she knew her accent would get much thicker; and if she drank at all -- which was bound to happen -- she was sure to begin slipping into other languages unconsciously.

"You should attempt a non-human language." She told the young nurse-assistant. "Or a non-verbal language if you are still feeling troubled by your accent." She nodded thoughtfully for a moment before adding, "Parseltongue and the language of Faeries are two which accent does not matter; as none of their sounds are used in human languages."

Oellith

Sparkly Smoker

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm
User Image
~Nurse Assistant~

Rian thought it over for a moment,"ah wait...isn't parsel tongue unteachable. I thought it was something that was passed down through a family line.." he said feeling a bit confused. A second language wasn't something he thought of very often but now this woman was making him curious. "What would you suggest for a beginner?" He asked smiling.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:01 pm

User Image

User Image
Mira's eyes opened slightly in surprise when the Language Master answered her question, she was impressed. "My...that's a lot... Did you ever work as a translator?" The art professor levated a slice of strawberry cheesecake on to her plate, she smiled once she saw the strawberry sauce was poured into the shape of little hearts. 'That's so cute...' Mira thought, stabbing a piece onto her fork.

The brunette's gaze flickered to Rian as he asked her of her hertiage. "Yes, I am Irish although I've got a bit of German in me. What part of Ireland do you hail from, McCrae?" The art professor face-palmed herself, and then chuckled softly. "I forgot to give you my name...that's rude of me." Mira took a quick sip of her Gillywater, and said. "I'm Mira Sinclair."

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Oellith

Sparkly Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 pm
User Image

Callysto shook her head, "No. On the contrary, Parseltongue can be taught. Not many choose to study it, as it has a rather -- ill reputation." The half-elf's near grin turned into a genuine look of delight. She loved language; studying and teaching, it was her passion -- she could go on for hours. "Snakes are one of the few animals that utilize what can be classified as a 'language' when they communicate. And any language may be taught. Parseltongue is indeed a very difficult language which requires constant exposure to master. It is believed to be passed down since it is easiest to learn when one is living with a Parseltongue; or snakes." Callysto paused and began fishing around in her robes. She pulled an ornate flask out and took a swig of the liquid inside before continuing. "As for a beginning language; I suggest Icelandic -- very close to English." She took another drink, shivering this time as the burning elixir hit her throat. "Or Esperanto, it is becoming very popular as a universal second language among muggles."

Callysto's silver eyes moved back to Miss Sinclair, who was either shocked or impressed at the amount of languages the woman knew. Perhaps both. Callysto went on to explain she'd done some work as a translator for a small apothecary just after she graduated from Hogwarts. "I'd liked it well enough; but the business lost it's clients after a dragon-pox outbreak." Callysto stated, eyeballing the brunette's cheesecake with envy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 pm
((hey Callysto? Not trying to be complaining or nit picky, but parsel tongue can't be taught. It's a heriditary trait.))  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:13 pm
User Image
~Nurse Assistant~

Rian smiled wide," I hail from Dublin, and that is a lovely name Mira Sinclair" he added with a soft smile. She seemed like such a nice woman. He hadn't met many of those since Isis.  
Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff