Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 pm
User Image

The dark lioness woke as the light of sunrise just began to color the plains. She sniffed, the scent of her brother lingering but not strong enough that he was still present. She let out a huff of annoyance, "Gone already." It wasn't the first time Belial had left Niade before the day had even begun. The relationship between the siblings had been growing strained ever since the departure of the third memeber of their little group. Sometimes she thought Belial blamed her for Madzimoyo leaving for a pride, nevermind that it had taken resurances from herself AND Belial for Zimo to finally go to the pride which called to his heart.

Niade stretched leisurely, tempted to stay but deciding instead to head off on her own for a while. The siblings hunted well together but Niade decided a hunt for herself might be in order for the day.

So the lioness set out into the early morning wondering what she might find, but just as content to be moving off in her own direction without the burden of any annoying males.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:10 pm
User ImageAthena stretched lazily in the early morning light. It was still cool for now. Maybe it would rain later. The big lion could hope for a bit of rain to make the day stay cooler. Of course he would not be very fluffy if it rained. He did not like rain on that respect. It was a pain to stay this good looking when drenched.

He debated going for a hunt, or just being lazy for a few more hours. He was not THAT hungry at the moment, but if he did the hunting now, he probably would have more success for not being distracted by a rumbling stomach. Ah choices choices. That few hours of lazing about seemed so tempting right now. It would be a choice he would probably kick himself for later though.

With a sigh of regret for lost napping time, Athena finally forced himself up and padded out in search of prey. A long walk later, Athena was staring at a heard of zebra. One lion alone was not going to have much fun with this and it was the only thing he had seen on the way. Oh wonderful.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 pm
Niade was acctually enjoying just traveling on her own, when the scent of zebra teased her nose. She turned in the direction of the scent knowing it was unlikely that she'd be able to take one on her own, but there was always the chance. Her hungry was roused and likely she would just be annoyed with the whole thing in the end since it seemed smaller prey was hiding out this morning.

The lioness was finally able to spot the herd and crouched down to check out the possibilities. As she moved closer another scent caught her attention and raised a small growl in her throat, a lion, likely checking out the herd as well. She stopped, tail tip flicked back and forth a couple times before she controlled it. This could be good or bad. She was not in the mood for confrontation, but perhaps this lion could use a partner in the hunt. They could both get a proper meal rather than pointless exercise, but how to find out without alerting the herd just what sort of male this was whose path she was crossing?

Alert to the direction of the wind, she cautiously moved both closer to the herd and closer to the unknown lion. It was her hope that if he wasn't prone to share he'd at least avoid a full confrontation so as not to frighten the herd.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:20 pm
Athena crouched down and watched the zebra herd, eyeing them for any sign of weak, sickly, or straggling. None of them seemed to fit that enough that alone, he would be able to take them down. The likely scenario would be that he would try and end up getting his fluffy butt kicked by the rest of the herd while he was distracted taking down one zebra. He was certainly big enough to handle ONE zebra himself, if he did not have to take on the whole herd.

He lifts a paw and rubs his nose absently with the back of it, trying to think. If he passed up the opportunity he might not find anything else all day, and who knew if he would find something tomorrow. On the other paw, if he took the chance and missed, he would end up spending a lot of energy on a, at best, pointless exercise and still have no meal to show for it. The options were not looking good either way.

Athena was just about to turn away from the herd when he caught the scent of another lion. Female. Any other time this would have meant perking his ears up and being flirty, right now, it was more of a time for caution. Any female on the hunt was potentially doing so for cubs, and not to be irritated. He turned his head and watched the female creep closer to him. Keeping his voice low he greeted her. "Morning, lovely. Mind lending a paw to a hunt? I did not notice any others with you either."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:40 pm
At his words she fought back laughter, he was one of "those," a charmer like her brother. Still this was to her advantage. He might be playing the charmer though just to get your help, she thought reminding herself to be cautious of the stranger.

She crouched down close enough so they could hear each other. "Good morning. I was hoping you'd be kind enough to ask," she replied making sure he realized she'd been aware of him first. Then she turned to business, "So any likely prospects?" she asked her eyes focusing back on the as yet unaware zebra.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm
Athena watched the female for her reaction. If she took offense, he might want to run before she disturbed the zebra herd afterall. She did not smell of cubs, so that was good in a way. It was less likely she would be highly irritable. Of course, it also increased his chances of other things later, but for now he had his mind on filling his stomach.

"We are both thinking along the same lines then. I am glad. I can take down that one with a bad leg." He indicated a rather large beast that was lagging behind the herd a little. "But I need someone to help chase him away from the herd and keep him from running off too far before I can strike. I don't have the speed to just run him down out right." That and another lion helping him chase would make the herd let them have the creature rather than trying to chase the lion off.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm
Niade looked at the zebra and then at the lion, yeah injured as it was the big lion should be able to take him down. "It's easily done," she replied. "I'm quite used to setting up for an ambush. Did you want to circle around a bit? I could give a count to let you get in a better position before I get the herd on the move?"

It was a sound plan and one that usually worked out well, still there was no way to tell with a stranger. He seemed hungrier than she was and it was hard to tell his build under his fluffy coat. She wouldn't mind the exercise of the run and she could always track the herd for another try later if they missed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 pm
Athena listened closely while the female spoke. She seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, and a bit of experience to back it up. Good, they were going to need it for this hunt. Of course, it made her all the more attractive too, but that would have to be acted on later when they had the task at hand completed and had both eaten.

Athena gives himself a shake and stretches to make sure he's good for a run. "Give me until ten and I should be able to get even with him so I can come at him with enough force to bring him down when you get him parted off from the herd." He needed to make that one shot count so they didn't expend a lot of energy.

He could run the thing down, but that was not a pleasant task. And when one was hunting with a partner it got very frustrating to have to do that extra work. He nods to Niade before creeping off to a better position and letting her count. Once in his new spot he waited for the lioness to make her move. If all went well, which it would he was sure, he would jump out just as she got to the zebra's current position and come up on it on the side from an angle, taking it down with force that it couldn't brace for.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 pm
"Got it," Niade nodded and watched him go. She counted slowly eyeing her own path. On ten she began her own approach, a low stalk at first to get as close as possible before being detected. The goal was a separation so she'd need to come up close to the injured one...

On the outskirts of the herd a few heads lifted nervously and as the nervousness spread the herd began to leave off grazing and focus on moving. The lioness picked up her pace and the gap grew between the main herd and it's injured member. Then came the alert, they knew she was there and she came out of hiding at a run for the gap. The herd was on the run and the injured zebra was startled torn between wanting to join them and the dangerous predator in the way. Hopefully that hesitation would be enough for finally it turned away from Niade and toward ambush...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 pm
The set up was perfect. Athena watched her approach, watched how the herd got nervous, but did not see her at first. He noted when the injured zebra lagged behind as they started to move a bit because of that unease. And just as the gap grew big enough, Niade popped in and blocked the path of the zebra they wanted and set the herd off away from it.

He had to say, she did beautiful work. Which only meant it matched the rest of her. He sprang out as the zebra headed away from Niade and caught it full on the side as it came past him. As it was trying to go forward, he bit it's neck and used his weight to force it onto it's side. That injured leg did it no good in fighting the large lion now holding it down.

Athena made quick work of finishing the creature off, staying clear of legs as he did so. Between claws and teeth, the neck was ripped open for two reasons. The most immediate of which was to keep the thing from kicking the lion black and blue. The more long term goal of that of course was to kill it so they could eat.

Zebra dead, Athena got up and looked over at Niade. "A beautiful setup by an even more beautiful lioness." He grinned and licked his bloody muzzle. "I beg forgiveness for the bloody appearance in front of a lady, but perhaps the lady would join me in sharing the fruits of our labor while she considers forgiving me?" He could manage to be fluffy and charming even covered in blood from a kill. It really was a talent.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:55 pm
Niade paced her way back to Athena and their prey. She was a bit nervous, it wouldn't be unheard of to be turned upon at this point. His words and grin were reasuring but she was wary of the compliment. As he continued in this charming way her tail twitched and she suddenly found herself laughing. She joined him and shaking her head finally managed a reply, "Thank you and you finished it off with a nice clean kill." She tilted her head, "I should hope I'd get to join in, after all I did most of the running."

She made no response on the idea of forgiving him. There was nothing to be forgiven after all, and if for some reason he truly believed there was... well it wouldn't hurt to leave the charmer hanging. And it was really nice to share a meal with good company again.

[FIN]

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff