Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply MY GEO IS YOUR GEO! [[Discuss where you live or random info about countries]]
Question for the Candaians/World Coin Experts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm
Its really easy to get canadian coins where I live: Ive gotten these three:

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff351/Shadow-37/LastScan.jpg

Two were different dimes, and one was a penny made between 1867 and 1967. I was just wondering how common they were, and info on the penny. If there is some story that goes with it or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 am
the one cent coin (penny) is from 1967. it was made for Canada's centennial. Canada had confederation in 1867 which is when we became our own country (though not technically independent until 1982, although it can be debated that we are still not independent from Britain but thats another story ^_^ )

the 10 cent coin (dime) is just a regular coin. there is nothing special about it. the ship on it is called the bluenose. you can look that up to learn about it and why its important.

the other dime though was issued in 2001 in honuor of the United Nations' international year of the volunteer. again its not worth much but its an interesting little piece.

i think of the three the penny with the dove is the most valuable and interesting of the three you have. but even that penny is still only worth a penny. but ya if you find any more let me know. i am a big coin collector myself ^_^

Cleo

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:27 pm
Eventually I want to take a picture, or even scan all my coins and post them.
I have this one that I find to be interesting, and its one of my favorites. On one side it has the stars and the eagle, the other side says no cash value. Not sure what its for, so I find it interesting.^^
I have a pretty cool collection and plan to continue expanding it whenever I get the chance too.

What kind of coins do you have?

Thanks ^^

I figured one was a common dime, but wasnt sure since I had two of them xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm
I have a lot of Canadian coins since i live here and can get them easily ^_^ but i tend to just collect any coins from anywhere that look interesting or are really old. i actually have a lot of coins form the great depression and the second world war from Canada and Germany. those i think are my most interesting coins. ACTUALLY i have one coin that was made in 1989 for is a commemorative coin from Germany with the head of the 100th chancellor of Germany and of course that was Hitler so its a very interesting coin, and very rare since they were discontinued for obvious reason ^_^

whats your most interesting coin? and where are you from that you ended up with some Canadian change? the US?

Cleo ^_^

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 am
I live in the US, Upper Peninsula Michigan to be exact.

My most interesting, well Im not sure. I ave a few foreign ones other than Canada and Mexico. I have some American ones too, Susan B. Anthony, Sakaguweaya (however her name is spelled :Sweat smile The Eisenhower Dollar, Kenneday Half dollars and the Bicentenial half dollar,a few others.

A few of my oldest coins are my wheat pennies, my silver wheat penny, and my Indian Head Nickle ^^

Im also collecting the state quarters we have here, and there also coming out with national park quarters.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:56 am
I actually have quite a few of the US state quarters and i think i have one national park one. i would love to have so very old coins from like the 17 or 1800's but pre-war coins are pretty cool. actually during war coins are more interesting because they are made of a completely different material. they almost feel like play money. i would also love to start a collection of bills from different places, just they are soo much more expensive! but thats because they tend to have a higher values (before trading values) and are harder to find but still. i think when i start my career i will start collecting those.
Cleo

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am
I have an American $2 Bill, and I have one Canadian dollar that my brother gave to me. So far Ive spent money on.. maybe two coins and that was my Susan B. Anthony coin, and a foreign coin, the rest Ive gotten randomly or my my family.
I would also like to have dollars from around the world. It would be cool to see what people's money looks like from different places ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:59 am
hi  

werty99 Rules

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100