Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 am
This room leads off of the Library and can only be reached through that room, though it does lead to other places. This is a secret of Lareth's family, put in during his father's reign.

It is a simple room, filled with very old books and containing all the information on succession, Demon Laws, lineages of the nobles, and so much more.

There were worn chairs and a couch that had probably seen better days, but everything was comfortable. The light in the room has no true source and was a secret of Lareth's father, an ability he never passed on.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm
Lareth lead Hal into the very private and unknown room. He had Hal sit in one of the recliners as he went to the desk nearby and he pulled out two small glasses of crystal.

From there he pulled out a coveted special brew of his finest wine and poured them both a small glass.

He corked the bottle and grabbed a glass and gave it to the elder demon. He motioned for him to drink and enjoy it.

Lareth picked up his own glass and took a small drink, relishing the cool and silk taste of the old reserve.

"I believe I just proposed to Cynthia."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Unfortunately, Lareth told the older demon that just as he was taking a drink from his glass. Which lead to him inhaling in shock and taking some of the slight burn from the alcohol into his lungs. Which lead to a violent coughing fit.

When he could breathe again, he looked up at Lareth with tears burning his aging eyes though he refused to let them fall, "Thank the Goddess..." he whispered to himself.

Then he frowned at the way the words had been phrased to him, "Wait. You believe you did? You're not sure? How exactly did you phrase it, Lareth, that leads you to be unsure about it?" he asked in incredulous shock, not sure what else to say about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 pm
Lareth sat on the edge of the old desk that used to serve his father and now served him.

He licked his lips and repeated word for word what he said and he frowned.

"I don't know if I did it correctly.....I mean sh used to be human and there is a different set of rules of how one proposes....that is why I am unsure. Do I buy her gifts as we demons usually do? Cows and such? Or do I buy her a ring like humans do and then shower her in under wears?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:21 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Hal lowered his head into one hand, "Oh great good gods above and below..." he swore softly as if praying for help. But he considered the situation as it pertained to these two people carefully, knowing that this had to be done right.

He finally gave a heavy sigh and sat back to take a controlled drink from his glass before speaking, "Alright... Knowing Cynthia as I do she'll probably think you simply meant keeping her with you, not a proposal of marriage. We'll have the time with her injured to get it done right and in such a way that she'll have no doubts of your intentions," he said simply and had to stand up and pace, his free hand rubbing at his chest in the process.

Why was he having pains now? He knew he was getting old but he thought he'd have more time... Perhaps he'd have just enough time... He dearly hoped so...

"Here's what we'll do... We'll plan a ball, a gathering of the demons to present her, so to speak, so that you can ask her to marry you publicly and clearly. We'll have to do something before then to get rid of your fathers' ridiculous death sentence, but it can be done if we're cunning with it... Your people want justice for what she did to them in the past, so I propose that we send out the details of what Goh has done to her to every village and castle the realm has, to every one of your people. If they need to see proof, let them come to see her while she sleeps, see her injuries. I don't think anyone can see what was done to her and still think they need any further justice. After that, declare her pardon and be done with it. Then we can get the plans for the ball underway while she finishes healing without her knowing of it and surprise her with it," he offered, his old mind still sharp and cunning on little details like this.

He'd been a brilliant tactician in his time and found himself glad that he hadn't lost that much yet.

"In the meantime, you court her, learn about her, focus on keeping yourself in her company until she demands that you leave her alone even if for a short time. Not gifts. No, spend time with her, learn her favorite foods, details about her past, that kind of thing.

"While you're doing that, please consider what to do with your sister-in-law. We cannot keep her sleeping like that for long, it isn't healthy for her. She needs something, or someone, to distract her from her grief and rage. You're better at matchmaking than you give yourself credit for, so keep it in mind,"
he added, offering a wry grin at the end when he thought of how he'd successfully married off all of his former lovers in perfect love matches.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:33 pm
Lareth nodded and took another sip of the wine he held.
"Agreed. I should have been more forth coming with my proposal, but we can deal with that after I send out notices about Cynthia. I do hope no one will want to see any more pain inflicted upon her. Yes I understand what she did was horrid, but Goh's torture should be enough to settle scores.

As for Gypsy, I plan to wake her and feed her. Hopefully we can talk about our next few steps.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Hal gave a nod as he finally sat down again, his face now showing his worry over their troubled hybrid, "I'm worried about her, Lareth... She should have moved past the rage by now and into sorrow... I've never known anyone to hold onto such rage for so long... I wish you luck with waking and feeding her. I just wish I were younger and able to do more for her," he said softly then took another drink from his glass.

He almost rubbed at his chest again, but felt the wine helping to ease the ache and simply relaxed as he looked over at Lareth with a small smile, "All worries aside... I'm glad you've finally found your feelings for Cynthia... She's a remarkable woman, all her magic aside. She's been through so much over her life. I always knew I wasn't the one for her, but I am glad to have known her for the short time we were together. When she isn't injured and being chased, she's a bit of a firecracker..." he told him, so glad that his king had finally found love.

Soon... He'd be able to go soon... After the ball... After the wedding... After the birth of their first child... Then it would be time...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:22 pm
Lareth nodded.
"I will need all the luck I can garner. Gypsy can be difficult and I hope she will not kick my a** after I feed her. I bet she is itching to let off steam though....she will be angry as Kal was special to her. Yes he was her husband, but there was a kindred spirit she found in my brother, so her anger will hold out longer before she turns to mourning."

At the mention of Cynthia being a firecracker, he simply smirked.
"Indeed she is a firecracker....once you light her up....man...the reward at the end is exquisite."

Lareth watched as Hal rubbed his chest and frowned some but said something. Was something wrong? Was Hal feeling his time coming? He remembered his father also rubbing his chest alot when he was a child. The demon king claimed indigestion and Lareth always accepted it, but then one day his father was gone.

"Well, I must be off. Please feel free to relax here Hal. You deserve a break."

Lareth finished his drink and patted Hal's shoulder before leaving out the way they came.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Demon Realm

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers