[PRP] I Like YOU - You JERK! (Dunia & Quetza) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:50 pm
User Image

Dunia hated avoiding Quetza. She hated even thinking about avoiding her best friend, but it was frustrating when that girl was around, so the last two days she had only gone to their spot to say that she was busy and had to leave. So she wasn't really avoiding him, but she was avoiding Kirja and him.

She heaved a dramatic sigh, and moved towards their spot calmly, plastering a not completely realistic smile on her face as she neared it. She was going to be happy for them! She was going to smile and this time, she wasn't going to run away like a cub who didn't get her way! She was an adolescent...but that weird feeling in her chest had yet to go away. Even when she was away from the pair and thought about them, the pain returned. She had thought of asking her mother, but she didn't want to interrupt hunting and well, she felt silly about her chest hurting s much when she thought of them. What if she was just weird? Well, Dunia knew she was weird - she glanced down at her dusty paws, almost coated in the fine power and chunks where she had dug in clay instead of dirt - but she didn't want to be weird about Quetza.

She reached the spot before he did, and took her spot, lying in the dirt despite the comfortable rocks nearby she could have lied on.

She wondered if Kirja would show up. If she did, she was just going to have to grin and bear it. She didn't want to not spend time with Quetza anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:10 pm
User Image

He was confused, and hurt and at this point he wanted to spend time with his best friend. Kirja had recently broken up with him and this made him upset. He kind of understood the lioness's reasons. She said that she noticed the strain it had put on him and Dunia's friendship, Kirja said she didn't like doing that. He was really confused though, Dunia didn't seem too mad at him but apparently she was. He knew she was upset but he was now aware and he didn't like the idea that Dunia was upset with him. He was hoping he coudl make it better but at the moment he was hoping that he could spend some time with her and she would be okay with him. That would just be perfect.

He flicked his tail idly behind him. He dragged his feet as he walked he was trying to be happy but at the moment he was not happy. When he started to realize he was dragging his feet he would pick up his pace and walk quickly and more upbeat but he would once again fall back into dragging his feet. He was almost to where he met up with Dunia most of the time and he was hoping that he was going to see her. He was really hoping that she was going to be there.

When he knew he would be able to see her he looked up and grinned as he noticed the female, she was there waiting for him and that made him happy. He made sure that she could see him coming and he picked up his pace some. He put on the best happy look he had trying to make sure that the lioness knew that he was fine, he didn't want to bring her down with his unhappiness. "Hello Dunia." He said as he got in hearing range to her. He was really hoping that she was going to great him warming. She was really hoping so.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes! Dunia cheered inwardly when she looked up and saw Quetza approaching. Kirja was not with him! Dunia didn't dislike the female. If she had met her any other way, they probably would have been friends, but she didn't want Quetza to have a girlfriend and bring them along to all of their meetings. Sometimes Dunia just wanted to see Quetza, and spend time with him, not them.

She pushed herself to her feet, and smiled at him - her smile growing more real since she was really happy to see him. "Hi Quetza," she greeted, and hesitated. Normally, she would bound over to him, and nuzzle him, or pounce him, or drag him off to dig with her.

Instead, she stood there, feeling awkward and very aware how covered in dust and dirt she was. She should have cleaned up before going there, she thought, shifting slightly and glancing at her grubby paws. Kirja always looked so nice, and Dunia wanted to not look like Kirja, so she dind't really make an effort to look nice when she knew the girl was there, but now she wasn't, she just hoped Quetza didn't notice how messy she was and how...weird she must look.

"Uh...Mum didn't need help hunting today," she said, her tone somewhat shaking and nervous. Why? She didn't know. It was just Quetza.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:43 pm
Quetza's grin turned real as he looked at the lioness, a nod followed before he began to talk. "It's nice to see you." He said sincerely, she seemed pretty okay, he also stood there awkwardly for a moment before sighing slightly, she must have still been upset with him. What did he get himself into, she seemed like she was okay at first, ugg, he felt pretty stupid. He put back on the smile the best he could as he got closer to her and nuzzled her gently and friendly as he normally did. He sat up a little straighter trying his hardest to make himself look as happy as possible.

He flicked his growing mane out of his eyes before speaking, he wasn't too sure what to say to the lioness about her mother not wanting to dig, something felt so off about this meeting he wasn't even too sure what it was he just wanted it to go away. "I'm glad you came to ssssssee me." he smiled softly that sounded like a good response, he hoped it was anyway, he flopped down on his belly with a "oof" before stretching his paws out some wiggling his toes around in the dirt. "It'sssss a nice day." He was trying ot talk about something interesting. He was hoping that she was going to be okay with being with him.

He looked at her paws looking at the dirt and the mud that was caked on her paws, he always like seeing that one her, she wasn't girly and a good amount of times that made him pretty happy, he was alright with her not being girly. He was hoping that he would be able to play something today, he really hoped she wasn't mad at him.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Dunia couldn't help the thrill of happiness that shot threw her as he nuzzled her cheek in the normal way, and she returned it quickly, before her ears drooped a little in embarrassment. Did that seem too eager? She wondered, before pausing to think why she was suddenly second-guessing herself about him so much. It was just Quetza. "I missed you," she blurted out, before looking embarrassed. "I mean, spending time with you."

She giggled as he flopped onto the dirt, amused at the somewhat childish attitude but soon the awkward silences and pauses were back and the smile slipped from her face. She glanced up at the sky, before nodding. "Yeah. Uh, it's a lovely day."

Spotting him looking at her paws, she sat down and tried to tuck them out of view so he wouldn't see how much of a mess they were, but only succeeded in looking weird. She wrapped her tail around her paws, still upright, so that it sort of hid them.She really wished she'd ducked by the pond first.

"So...what did you..want to do today?" She asked, glancing away. Why was this so awkward? She wanted the fun loving, peaceful meetings back! Where they could just sit and chat for hours and not care if they didn't talk for a while, since they were just..happy. Was it Kirja's fault? Of course it was! But it was also Quetza's. If he hadn't gotten Kirja, then Kirja wouldn't have interrupted their routine which was working just fine and everything would be okay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 pm
Quetza's ears perked as she said that she missed him. This surprised him and filled him with happiness that he couldn't explain. He bit his lip for a moment before nervously laughing as she corrected herself, that made her a little more sad. "I miss spending time with you too." He cleared his throat before standing up, trying to look a little more upbeat and friendly. He paused and flicked his tial around a few times behind him before pausing and looking at her again. he wanted to say something else about the weather but he wasn't that sure of if he should or if it would just be a pointless conversation. He decided that it would just be worse if he did.

He then looked up at the lioness when she asked a question. Yeah, that was a good start, what were they going to do. He nodded for a moment before smiling at her and nodding. "Whatever you want really I'm up for anything."he waited a moment, she still seemed upset and he didn't want to make her feel bad or make everything worse however she paused and then took a moment before speaking. "Are you okay?" He blurted out what he was trying not to say. He bit his tongue right after saying that and then awkwardly looked at his paws, he didn't know what else to do, he wanted to start the day over and try this conversation again, got he knew he messed up now. He held his breath hoping that it was going to get better even though he was pretty sure it wasn't.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Dunia could feel herself getting frustrated. While she was thankful that he had missed her, he didn't seem that eager to spend time with her. Shouldn't he have planned something big and exciting since they were finally getting some time that was just the two of them? Instead, he left it up to her to decide. Well, she had thought Kirja was coming along, and so she hadn't planned anything! She knew getting angry at Quetza was silly, but she couldn't help it. He should have organised something, since he knew his girlfriend wasn't coming along!

When he asked her if she was okay, she tensed. "Of course I'm okay! Why wouldn't I be okay? It's not like anything is wrong or anything!" She grumped moodily, hating that she could get so annoyed at Quetza. She never wanted to be annoyed at Quetza. She refused to look at him, already feeling the guilt setting in for snapping at him.

Why did he have to go and get a girlfriend? He'd ruined everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm
Quetza looked up at the lioness confused as she got angry. He really didn't know what to do. Kirja had broken up with him, now his best friend was mad, what was going to happen next! He bit his lip before sitting back on his haunches, he wasn't sure if she was going to hit him, she sure looked like she wanted to hit something. "Dunia." He said simply as he arched a brow at her moving away some he only moved a little bit not too much but enough to make sure he was out of range of getting hit.

He paused for a moment before asking the same question again, he was trying to keep calm, his ears folded against his skull unsure of what to do or what to think. He wasn't mad but he was sad, he felt like everything was just falling apart this week and he wasn't that sure of what to do. He closed his eyes for a moment then spoke again. "Something is wrong" he grumbled some before shaking his head he shifted on his haunches as he looked at her his look probably just read confused. He didn't even know what to say to her. "What did I do?" He asked to a point he just wanted to go home and sleep but he knew he just couldn't leave like this

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Dunia wanted to stay mad. She did. She really, really wanted to hit him too, but she clenched her claws in the dirt, stubbornly not looking at him. She knew if she looked at him, she would stop being mad because it was Quetza and she just couldn't be mad at him. When he said her name, she continued to frown out at something in the distance - she wasn't sure what it was, probably just a rock, but it diverted her attention from her best friend.

"Nothing's wrong!" She protested, her voice almost a growl. She huffed and shook her head. "It's just..." she struggle to find words to explain what was wrong. In her confusion, she glanced back at Quetza - and instantly regretted it. He looked so sad. He shouldn't be allowed to look that sad. She was the one who was sad, and angry and...she sighed.

Her shoulders slumped, and she felt her anger fade "It's nothing," she said, suddenly feeling like she wanted to cry. Her anger was gone, and the adrenaline of wanting to hit something and yell had left her feeling weepy. She hated crying. She refused to cry. "You didn't do anything." She blinked her eyes quickly so they did not tear up or anything else embarrassing. "Maybe we should do this tomorrow and just...go home now."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:12 pm
Was she now upset!?

One moment it was just really awkward, then it was angry and now she was really sad. This was making him more and more confused, he didn't know what to do about this. He just wanted to have a good time with his friend and that was all too it, he didn't know why he just couldn't get it to work like that. It was just want he wanted, he huffed a little bit before he paused he then looked her and then paused before speaking again. "Something is wrong." he demanded with an annoyed voice, he wasn't very happy that he was just going to walk away. What was going on!

He then paused again then flicked his hair out of his eyes again and then moved closer nipping at her tail and tugging very softly just enough to get her to stop and slow down. He then shook his head a few times. "Don't leave! I just got to see you, you're going to leave. you're upset!" He growled and shook his head again growling slightly, he didn't want her to leave. "Please just tell me whats wrong!" He looked at her and cloed his eyes for a moment, he was really hoping that she would just stop and stay and tell him what was wrong so she could know and feel better.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:21 pm

She started when he tugged at her tail, stopping but keeping her back to him. Her eyes were dry but felt like they could tear up again at any moment, and if she kept looking into his sad face, she just knew she was going to start crying. She wouldn't do that.

"I'm fine," she protested, but her voice was kind of hoarse and not bubbly any more. "It's just..." she hesitated, knowing Quetza wouldn't drop this until she told him something. She squeezed her eyes shut, back still to him. "I'm upset because I miss you!" Well, that's the truth. "I barely get to see you anymore because of your girlfriend and I miss you!" Again, true, even if it was mostly her fault that they did not spend time together, since she didn't want to spend time with Kirja and Quetza, just Quetza. "I'm your best friend and suddenly you get a girlfriend and I never get to spend time with you!" She sniffled, though no tears were falling from her eyes.

"I mean, how would you feel if the fact I have a boyfriend meant I couldn't see you anymore?" Wait...That made it sound like she actually had a boyfriend, which she didn't. She meant it more hypothetically, and hoped he understood that. She didn't have time for a boyfriend, to be honest. She had Quetza, who took up all of her free time - or he used to, before she started avoiding him - and she had her bone stones and her training with her mother. She didn't really have time for a boy.

She heaved a sigh, her shoulders slumping. Was Quetza going to get mad now, she wondered, glancing back over her shoulder worriedly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:35 pm
Quetza did get angry as she said that. Did she really say that? He wasn't even sure, he took it in trying to figure it out. "I MISSED YOU TOO!" He growled really annoyed he wandered away kind of quickly before pacing back and forth a few times before turning to her again. He shook his head a few times. "There was plenty of timessss where I went to find you... by mysssself and I didn't know where you were!" He rolled his eyes before sighing. "I tried to find you a few timessss and I couldn't find you." He sighed again before she started to speak. That litttle burst of anger ended pretty quickly and he couldn't help but to stop for a moment then turned toward her again. Then her boyfriend comment made his eyes dropped toward the ground and he paused thinking, he was really sad he didn't know what to say.

"Kirja broke up with me." He sighed, shaking his head. "Ssssshe told me that I wasss upssssetting you, I wasn't even sure if I was. She said she was done interfering with us." he looked at her and then sighed again. "I agreed with her though. I jusssst wasn't ssssure what I did." He laughed and then shook his head. "I guessssss I know now." He looked at her again. "I guessss you can have fun with your boyfriend," He paused and shrugged again with a laugh. "I really desserve to know what it feelsss like."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

She was surprised by his anger, but she had suspected it would happen. Her ears dropped down, tail drooping too as she turned back to face him, mildly afraid of his growling. She knew he wouldn't hurt her though. He was too sweet for that. "You obviously didn't look hard enough!" She growled back, frustrated. Her family moved around, travelling from site to site but she usually hung back and stayed around the area where Quetza was, just so she could meet him again, but recently she had been branching out - going further and further away just to avoid running into Kirja and Quetza. She felt guilty, now, for going so far to avoid them.

Her eyes went wide at her comment of Kirja. Earlier she would have squealed and been happy, but now she felt...bad. He had broken up with Kirja because it upset her? "You didn't have to do that," she whispered, her ears pressed against her skull and her head tilted down. "Kirja really liked you...and I guess you must have liked her too." She shifted. "I'm sorry." Not that he broke up with Kirja, because she really didn't want Quetza to have a girlfriend, but because he'd broken up with her because of Dunia's reaction to it all.

She wanted to growl at his comment of her imaginary boyfriend. She didn't want to go off and have fun with her imaginary boyfriend. She wanted to spend time with him! "You're an idiot," she huffed to herself, half hoping he didn't hear her words. She wanted him to know what it felt like first hand, but she didn't have a boyfriend. She'd just be off sulking on her own. "I don't really need your permission to have fun with my boyfriend!" She pointed out grumpily.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 pm
Quetza's ear's flattened as she told him that he didn't look hard enough. He was really upset by that, she was probably right. He probably didn't, he felt like he did but he wasn't that sure. Did he? He looked down as she talked not sure of what to say anymore. He felt like he was hurting her through all of this he didn't know why she was doing this and yet he felt horrible for being this confused, what was going on? Why couldn't they just go dig a big hole with her again and make stories and find rocks like they used to, that used to be fun, now she didn't know what to do.

"I did..." He wanted to say that he liked her more but he wasn't too sure how that would make her feel. "My best friend is more important though." He said before looking away. HIt was very true and he wished that he could tell her that over and over again until she got his point but he wasn't too sure if that was even possible, she was really upset, he didn't know what to do about it at all.

"Fine!" He growled shaking his head. "I'm an idiot! I know thisss! I figured it out!" He looked at her, before sighing. "It iddn't mean to be but it'sss how it worked out, I'm sssorry! I'm ssstupid I'm sssorry!"

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Dunia was stunned. She was more important than Kirja? Than his girlfriend. Even as he growled and called himself an idiot, she couldn't quite bring herself to respond. She always thought...that Kirja was replacing her. Like she was going to take over Dunia's part of Quetza's life, and that Dunia would be left without anyone, but Quetza had broke up with Kirja. For Dunia. Sort of.

She shook her head, as he called himself an idiot and apologised, repeatedly. She sniffled and stepped closer, hoping he wouldn't react badly to what she was about to do. She pressed her face against his shoulder, standing close to him, in the form of a hug. "I'm sorry," she said quietly. "You're not the idiot. I am. I'm sorry." She didn't know what else to say, she just hoped he understood.

She just hadn't wanted to be that person he'd tell his cubs about someday, that was just his best friend when he was younger, who he'd lost track of and didn't even know where she was. She didn't want to be a memory. She wanted to be part of his life, and she was scared that Kirja was pushing her out, but she had instead pushed Kirja out and left Quetza without a girlfriend. He still had Dunia though! But...did that even matter?

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff