Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
My deck (traditional play) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think of it?
Interesting
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
meh
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
BAD
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
wtf did you jsut throw cards together?
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm
This is my deck. im already expecting to see MANY people tell me its garbage lol but its worked for me and i like it. but any tips (other then make a new deck or things along those lines) would be greatly appreciated. if your going to ask what i was going for, i dunno just going lol

MONSTERS: 30

3x Needle Worm
3x Peten the dark clown
1x Mystic swordsman lvl 2
1x Breaker The Magical Warrior
1x Black luster soldier envoy of the beginning
1x Y dragon Head
1x Wall Of Illusion
1x Chaos Emperor Dragon Envoy of the end
1x Sangan
1x Dandylion
1x Jinzo
1x Ancient gear golem
1x Blue eyes white dragon
1x Z metal tank
1x X head Cannon
1x Cyber jar
1x des feral imp
1x Beast King Barbaros
1x amazoness swords woman
1x neo spacian grandmole
1x Penguin Soldier
1x White stone of legend
1x cyber dragon
1x marshmallon
1x which of the black forest
1x Dark Resonator

MAGIC: 15

1x the forceful sentry
1x question
1x card trader
1x burden of the mighty
1x change of heart
1x pot of greed
1x deliquent duo
1x monster reborn
1x raigeki
1x swords of revealing light
1x harpies feather duster
1x dark hole
1x fissure
1x pot of avarice
1x clock tower prison

TRAPS: 15

1x negate attack
1x drop off
1x scrap iron scarecrow
1x bottomless traphole
1x mirror force
2x dimensional prison
1x magical cylinder
1x ring of destruction
1x ceasefire
1x miniaturize
1x time machine
1x torrential tribute
1x ojama trio
1x scrubbed raid

FUSION/SYNCHRO: 9

Fusions:4
1x XY-Dragon cannon
1x YZ- tank dragon
1x XZ Tank Cannon
1x XYZ Dragon cannon

Synchros: 5

1x Black Rose Dragon
1x X saber Urbellum
1x Stygian Sergeants
1x XX saber Hyunlei
1x Gaia knight the force of earth

As for changes only IMMEDIATE change i wanna make is get rid of time machine ive only used it once or twice. now im open for help and HELPFUL critisism if your gonna say "make a new deck" please dont come in here and say things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:18 pm
"Even a garbage can can make a good bludgeoning weapon."
-Orinthur the Gnome

If it works for you, then I don't see much use in changing it. However, even in a traditional format I would like to throw out it needs more of a focus. There's a random Y - Dragon Head staring at me, I swear of it!  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm
brotherofAnubus
"Even a garbage can can make a good bludgeoning weapon."
-Orinthur the Gnome

If it works for you, then I don't see much use in changing it. However, even in a traditional format I would like to throw out it needs more of a focus. There's a random Y - Dragon Head staring at me, I swear of it!

not sure if i should take that qoute as a compliment or an insult lol.

reason being for the y dragon head is because of the fusions for the xy and z. they always help me, as i said the only thing i see quickly that needs to get out is time machine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 am
it's an insult
and try to focus your deck more

3 Breakers
3 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Marshmellon
1 Sangan
1 Witch of the Black Forest
2 Krebons
3 Shining Angel
1 Envoy of End
1 Envoy of Beginning
2-3 Cyber Dragon
2 Reflect Bounder

Remember, multipuls are your friend  

Junk 1t

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 am
Junk 1t
it's an insult
and try to focus your deck more

3 Breakers
3 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Marshmellon
1 Sangan
1 Witch of the Black Forest
2 Krebons
3 Shining Angel
1 Envoy of End
1 Envoy of Beginning
2-3 Cyber Dragon
2 Reflect Bounder

Remember, multipuls are your friend

focus my deck more? what do you mean exactly? it has no real focus.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 am
SOLIDNSNAKE

Exactly the point. Even traditional format decks should have some kind of focus/strategy. This just looks like you tossed your cards in a pillow case and picked 60 at random. Oh Yeah 60 CARDS?! Totally slow. Unless you're extremely lucky or your opponent is using more than or equal to the amount of cards you are, then you're gonna have a hard time, not matter what pulling off any kind of play. knock it down to 40, find a common goal, and then play. It's just like advance play, but with more choice of cards.  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 am
That's kind of my point
if you doesn't have a focus, your deck isn't likely to work  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 am
Aka_Saiyaku
SOLIDNSNAKE

Exactly the point. Even traditional format decks should have some kind of focus/strategy. This just looks like you tossed your cards in a pillow case and picked 60 at random. Oh Yeah 60 CARDS?! Totally slow. Unless you're extremely lucky or your opponent is using more than or equal to the amount of cards you are, then you're gonna have a hard time, not matter what pulling off any kind of play. knock it down to 40, find a common goal, and then play. It's just like advance play, but with more choice of cards.

maybe it is luck but it works for me lol. ive never had a problem getting things

sometimes it may go a little slow but it works. as i said the only thing i see that i wanna do immediately is find a replacement trap for time machine.

as for 40 cards the only thing i see 40 cards being good for is an exodia deck, at one point i had a deck of over 70 cards before the 60 card max thing came into effect lol  

TimithyEcho

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am
Ignoring constructive criticism and advice is no better than people coming in her and telling you the deck sucks. If you don't want to try and listen to players who want to help you, then you shouldn't ask for help.

For the 40 cards, no, it's not just Exodia. It's simple mathematics:

When you draw your opening hand you draw 5 cards. leaving 35 cards left. At that point you have X:35 chance of drawing a card that you want. In a 60 card deck, your opening hand leaves you with an X:55 chance, far worse odds.
This is enhanced by having a focus. Your deck is full of One-ofs, which is common in trad format, but that doesn't mean the entire deck needs to be one-of monsters. The more of each card in your deck, the more chance of drawing it. Focusing on cards that work together with good synergy allows you to pull of plays faster, better, and harder.

I'm all for playing for fun, but if winning wasn't fun, there'd be no point in a game. You want to win, and you want to play well. These are tips to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 am
Aka_Saiyaku
Ignoring constructive criticism and advice is no better than people coming in her and telling you the deck sucks. If you don't want to try and listen to players who want to help you, then you shouldn't ask for help.

For the 40 cards, no, it's not just Exodia. It's simple mathematics:

When you draw your opening hand you draw 5 cards. leaving 35 cards left. At that point you have X:35 chance of drawing a card that you want. In a 60 card deck, your opening hand leaves you with an X:55 chance, far worse odds.
This is enhanced by having a focus. Your deck is full of One-ofs, which is common in trad format, but that doesn't mean the entire deck needs to be one-of monsters. The more of each card in your deck, the more chance of drawing it. Focusing on cards that work together with good synergy allows you to pull of plays faster, better, and harder.

I'm all for playing for fun, but if winning wasn't fun, there'd be no point in a game. You want to win, and you want to play well. These are tips to do so.

no see im not ignoring it, its not helpful, saying reduce it to 40 and find a focus isnt helpful. i dont have them just because they are one of a kind. i ahve them because they ahve all helped me. i may not be a great duelist and some of the rules still confuse me lol. but over all the deck has worked for me. it is pretty good. and if 40 is the only amount a deck should have, then why even make a 60 option

edit: i didnt mean for that to sound so rude and mean, sorry but i just dont understand why 60 is so looked down at.  

TimithyEcho

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm
as he said, after opening hand you have 1/55 chance of drawing any indiviual card (that's about 1.8% chance)

as if you use 40 you have 1/35 (2.8% chance)

and they made the cap because little kids were making decks with over 100 cards and... well it didn't end well
they just wanted to give us deck size variety without giving us the possiblity of putting a million cards in a deck
and it's kind of hard to shuffle a deck with more then 60 cards anyways  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:54 pm
Junk 1t
as he said, after opening hand you have 1/55 chance of drawing any indiviual card (that's about 1.8% chance)

and they made the cap because little kids were making decks with over 100 cards and... well it didn't end well
they just wanted to give us deck size variety without giving us the possiblity of putting a million cards in a deck

lol still both chances of drawing the cards you want are an F so to be honest it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.  

TimithyEcho

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:24 pm
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t

lol still both chances of drawing the cards you want are an F so to be honest it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.

it maybe not seems like it, but it really is a rather high difference

keep in mind everytime you draw a card the chances of drawing any specific card goes up

and if you're using a deck of 60 well... you need to draw through 20 cards before you have a 2.8% chance  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 pm
Junk 1t
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t

keep in mind everytime you draw a card the chances of drawing any specific card goes up

and if you're using a deck of 60 well... you need to draw through 20 cards before you have a 2.8% chance

it still is awesome, it works, maybe im just getting lucky or the heart of the cards is real lol. but it just works. sometimes i do draw horribly and i watch as my lifepoints hit zero but it works. maybe you should try it sometimes.  

TimithyEcho

Avalon avenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:53 am
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t

it still is awesome, it works, maybe im just getting lucky or the heart of the cards is real lol. but it just works. sometimes i do draw horribly and i watch as my lifepoints hit zero but it works. maybe you should try it sometimes.
You ask for advice, and argue when it's given. Why ask for it if your only gonna argue with it? If your not going to accept the advice, then don't ask for it in the first place. What was the point of posting the deck in the first place? what was it exactly, swapping out one card? why should any of us help you if your going to argue with us if we do?  
Deck Database

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff