Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
The Way of the Master Unofficial Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:51 am
Hello there. I just made a Guild that focuses on Biblical Evangelism and how to deal with other "religions" like Atheism, Evolutionism, and more. It is not only how to speak to them on a 1 on 1 conversation, but how to preach open air or tips on 1 on 1 conversation to share on your Christian Faith. The link is http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/id.345365  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 pm
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Atheism is not a religion. You can be a religious atheist, however majority of atheists are irreligious. Also Evolutionism isn't a religion either. Within Christianity there are those who believe in theistic evolution.

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Orizion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 pm
Some people are not comfortable having one-on-one conversations with non-believers. It's more effective in small groups, especially if the believers are new to evangelism. Equipping is also critical.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am
Ravynne Sidhe

Atheism is not a religion. You can be a religious atheist, however majority of atheists are irreligious. Also Evolutionism isn't a religion either. Within Christianity there are those who believe in theistic evolution.

I know of some atheists who would give their lives for evolution.
Their religion, therefore, is evolution, and their god is Darwin.

I also know of some atheists that will deny Christ to the bitter end because they fear it means giving up their control over their life.
Their religion, therefore, is denial and their god is control.

That which you willingly give your greatest attention to, but not out of necessity, is that which you worship. That which you worship becomes your religion.

Therefore, every human on this planet is religious, whether they're aware of it and/or accept it, or not, even atheists.  

Zytharros

Friendly Seeker

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 am
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

I also know of some atheists that will deny Christ to the bitter end because they fear it means giving up their control over their life.

That which you willingly give your greatest attention to, but not out of necessity, is that which you worship. That which you worship becomes your religion.

Therefore, every human on this planet is religious, whether they're aware of it and/or accept it, or not, even atheists.
It's impossible to be religious when you're an irreligious atheist. The word irreligious means without religion. neutral

Irreligious atheists do not worship anything, they do not have a religion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

It's impossible to be religious when you're an irreligious atheist. The word irreligious means without religion. neutral

They may not have a religion explicitly labelled as such, or reject the structured system of a recognized religion. That doesn't make them irreligious. It just numbs them to the knowledge of what they do, in fact, worship.

What I'm saying is everything - everything - can become a religion, even to the person who denies religious affiliation or belief. If one looks at their life from the perspective that their greatest passion can become their religion, then my statement makes sense.

A wood-worker who thinks of nothing but things he can make out of wood could be considered religious about his wood. That same wood-worker who has a particular method about how he does it may not care about the wood so much as the methods by which he carves the wood. It could be said, then, that he is religious about how he carves the wood.

This is why the term "religious" is defined as "extremely scrupulous or conscientious" in addition to it's more religion-oriented definitions. It is not limited to the spiritual definition, even in the Bible or in common use. This general definition defies the reservation the term has as strictly defining a "god-worshipper", and opens up the realm of it's base word "religion" beyond having any association with any deity to the point where it is associated with the daily life and belief patterns of the individual.

Therefore, it is impossible for a human to declare him- or herself atheist. The actions he or she devote their time to, willingly and on a constant basis, are, in fact, their religion, regardless of whether a deity, higher power, or otherwise, are involved.  

Zytharros

Friendly Seeker

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 am
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

They may not have a religion explicitly labelled as such, or reject the structured system of a recognized religion. That doesn't make them irreligious. It just numbs them to the knowledge of what they do, in fact, worship.

What I'm saying is everything - everything - can become a religion, even to the person who denies religious affiliation or belief. If one looks at their life from the perspective that their greatest passion can become their religion, then my statement makes sense.

A wood-worker who thinks of nothing but things he can make out of wood could be considered religious about his wood. That same wood-worker who has a particular method about how he does it may not care about the wood so much as the methods by which he carves the wood. It could be said, then, that he is religious about how he carves the wood.

This is why the term "religious" is defined as "extremely scrupulous or conscientious" in addition to it's more religion-oriented definitions. It is not limited to the spiritual definition, even in the Bible or in common use. This general definition defies the reservation the term has as strictly defining a "god-worshipper", and opens up the realm of it's base word "religion" beyond having any association with any deity to the point where it is associated with the daily life and belief patterns of the individual.

Therefore, it is impossible for a human to declare him- or herself atheist. The actions he or she devote their time to, willingly and on a constant basis, are, in fact, their religion, regardless of whether a deity, higher power, or otherwise, are involved.
Sure anything can be a religion but it would defeat the purpose of being an IRRELIGIOUS atheist. You can't belong to a religion and be an irreligious atheist.

I suggest you should look up what an atheist actually is instead of producing bullshit neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

Sure anything can be a religion but it would defeat the purpose of being an IRRELIGIOUS atheist. You can't belong to a religion and be an irreligious atheist.

I suggest you should look up what an atheist actually is instead of producing bullshit neutral

I've looked it up, but I don't see where my argument would fall except under the definitions referring to organized religion. Where is the B.S.? Being religious does not necessarily have to associate with believing in one or more deities, as I've previously stated.  

Zytharros

Friendly Seeker

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 am
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

I've looked it up, but I don't see where my argument would fall except under the definitions referring to organized religion. Where is the B.S.? Being religious does not necessarily have to associate with believing in one or more deities, as I've previously stated.
And you're misreading what I'm saying. There are two types of atheists: Religious and Irreligious. Religious atheists are atheists that belong to a religion that have no higher power. Irreligious atheists are those who do not believe in a higher power and have no need for a religion. They believe it's useless, a stigma, etc.

Because of this, you can't claim that Atheism is a religion when it's philosophy. Just like Agnosticism is a philosophy and Deism is a philosophy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe
Zytharros
Ravynne Sidhe

And you're misreading what I'm saying. There are two types of atheists: Religious and Irreligious. Religious atheists are atheists that belong to a religion that have no higher power. Irreligious atheists are those who do not believe in a higher power and have no need for a religion. They believe it's useless, a stigma, etc.

Because of this, you can't claim that Atheism is a religion when it's philosophy. Just like Agnosticism is a philosophy and Deism is a philosophy.

Those who believe in atheism have one overriding idea that they consider of greater value than anything else in their life, and that because they claim to be godless, this overriding idea has, in fact, inadvertently become their god, defeating the very definition they so adamantly give themselves over to. It is the philosophy itself that becomes their god, and by that extension even atheists cannot claim to be irreligious.  

Zytharros

Friendly Seeker

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces