Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Surprise... (Hallows Bane & Nymphalidae)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am
This is a private RP between Hallows Bane (Nayci) and Nymphalidae (Calixita), plus Leeki and Hródolf the familiars.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nymphalidae was still dazed after her meeting Asmodeus -- that he would grant her such a gift left her feeling... well, she wasn't quite sure how to describe it. Like walking on air. Feeling on top of the world. When the kalona returned to her to collect his payment for the gift, she knew she would give him anything he wished. But... not yet, he had told her. Asmodeus gave his word that he would return to collect when he was ready, and until then, Nymphalidae was to return to Hallows Bane and to continue their journey.

She knew what she had to do. She had to tell him -- if he hadn't figured it out on his own already -- that they were expecting. She felt slightly more confident now that she had Hródolf at her side, knowing that if Hallows Bane decided to leave her, she would not be completely alone -- the wolf would remain by her side until his dying breath, ever her servant. Returning to where she and Hallows Bane had stopped for a brief rest, Nymphalidae looked for her companion, and knowing he would not have wandered far she called out to him. "Bane?"

All the while, Hródolf kept in pace with her, his silent shadowy form never straying from his new mistress' side.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm
User Image

Hallow's Bane knew in his bones something had changed about Nymphalidae prior to them leaving their den for his homeland in the west. He just couldn't pinpoint what at the time. But now, now he knew. His huntress was pregnant with their children. Their children, their foals, extensions of their blood. The thought scared him half to death. Was he ready to even be a father? He saw Leeki fluttering above him in obvious distress at his flashing thoughts. Hallows always knew he had a more prominent connection with the familiar. Regardless, Hallows wouldn't let Nymphalidae know of his distress. It would then stress her out and in her condition it wouldn't be good for the foals. He'd take it as things come. Whatever those....things might be.

"I'm over here Nymph. Leeki has decided to pay us a little visit."

Leeki looked at her master in a flustered manner. The last thing she wanted was a pregnant deadly mare looking at her in a hungry fashion and some piece of meat to eat. But she said nothing in retaliation and landed on a tree branch right above her master's head.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 am

It was, indeed, quite obvious to nearly anyone at this point in her pregnancy that she was pregnant -- but it was one thing to know it, and another to accept it. Both Nymphalidae and Hallows Bane had clearly been living in silence on the matter during their journey, but now that was time to end, time to admit the truth of their situation. They certainly could not get far if they wished to continue living in denial. "Oh. I see," she replied in a tonelessly, her ears flicked back in annoyance as she eyed the fluttering bat. Her lips curled to flash her sharp teeth briefly at the creature in a display of her obvious displeasure that Hallows familiar was there, but otherwise said nothing about her presence.

"Well," Nymphalidae continued, addressing her companion. "I think it's time that you and I had a talk. As you can see, I... well..." the mare stumbled over her words -- a rare occurrence -- attempting to find the right ones to explain her condition. She snorted, stomping one of her hooves on the ground, feeling aggravated with herself for feeling so apprehensive about the entire situation. She was stronger than this! The mare glared at Hallows Bane as if this were all his fault -- and it was, partially. She held her head up high and looked at him disdainfully. It was easier to deal with everything if you just thought of everyone as beneath you.

"It's time we were out with it. I'm pregnant."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 am
User Image

Those words, they bugged him. Not because it was anything of the growing foals part, but more of his own and Nymphalidae's carelessness in the situation. He almost wished she HADN'T said anything at all. But then again what type of stallion would he be if he continued to deny the situation. For her to be pregnant now did little to help his flashing thoughts about how they would deal with this as they traveled. The further Nymphalidae got into her pregnancy the harder it would be to travel as long as they currently were.

As it was Hallows couldn't help but ground his teeth in frustration. He clearly had little knowledge in how to react to this. However he did his best to hide that fact. Although the frustration couldn't help but be shown. Who wouldn't though? The last thing he wanted was to get to his homelands with foals that couldn't necessarily protect themselves from his family. He knew what they were capable of and the last thing he needed and wanted was to have his foals killed. Call it protectiveness if you would.

"Always one to be blunt and to the point," Hallows chuckled dryly, "Seems we're both at fault for this one."

As an afterthought in concern for her current condition he added, "are you feeling alright to continue traveling at the pace we currently are going? If need be we can alter the pace a bit so the strain on your body as the pregnancy progresses won't be as hard. I don't want you or the foals getting hurt."

Leeki, meanwhile, looked at Nymphalidae's new companion. Where had that creature come from? She didn't know the mare had such a companion. In fact Leeki thought that if Nymphalidae did at one point she ate him out of annoyance, if her eying at the bat had anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Well, at least he didn't seem ready to abandon her. Even more, he was concerned for her well-being and the well-being of her -- their -- foals. But now, Nymphalidae had to choose between honesty and her pride. No, she wouldn't be able to continue at the pace they were going now. She exhaled slowly, considering her position. It couldn't be helped. No matter how she felt about having these foals, her health was at risk regardless, and being too prideful would do nothing to help. "Perhaps... a little slower pace would be wise," she said, swishing her tail irritably. "For now. We can reevaluate later."

Hródolf, realizing he was being watched, shifted his focus away from Hallows Bane and his mistress to the bat. The wolf seemed to be made of smoke, whisps of it floating away from his body as he swished his tail and stepped forward, nose twitching as he sniffed the air, but still he said nothing.

Nymphalidae, noticing the movement from her companion, glanced down at the wolf before looking back up at Hallows Bane. "Ah. Yes. This is Hródolf. He is my... companion. Like that bat of yours is to you. I found him when I was exploring. We felt a bond between us... as if he belongs to me." It was not, perhaps, the entire truth, but she did not think Hallows Bane needed to know of her encounter with Asmodeus. "He will be coming with us, and can help us during my pregnancy. He appears to be a wolf, but... he is different. He can blend into the shadows in a way I have never seen before."  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:43 am
User Image

Hallows clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth in thought. At least she wasn't adverse to a slower pace. In fact her agreeing with him made the question all the more valid and important. He couldn't really tell yet just how far along she was. It wasn't a huge deal now but later, when they would get closer to the mountains, it would be. Would she have given birth by then? Will she just be on the cusp of birthing his foals? What then, what else would need to happen? He couldn't just waltz into the mountains fully expecting his children to have the ability to do so. So many issues needed to be resolved but for now they could wait. Re-evaluating would be the best option at this point, or so he thought.

At the mention of Hródolf the stallion looked down at the dark purplish blue wispy familiar. He was certainly odd to say the least, but it was good that he had another besides Leeki looking out for Nymphalidae during this time. Granted, he did have a vague wondering of how and why the wolf came to find the mare but now was not the exact time to ask. He didn't want to stress her out and potentially hurt her or the foals.

"That's good then, he can offer protection when need be when I cannot. For now I think we should stop here for the evening. It's getting dark and the woods are getting thicker."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 am

Nymphalidae had to bite her tongue, the first instinct that came boiling to the surface being self-defense, denial. She could take care of herself -- she could travel in the dark! The woods were no threat -- any creature that dared to cross their path would be crushed beneath her hooves, impaled by the deadly horn adorning her forehead. She was no different now than she had been when they slaughtered his old herd together, side by side. The fluttercorn's heart raced at the memory, the thrill of the massacre they had carried out, ridding their land of the lessers who had once lived there. She wondered now if they would need to repeat the past when they returned home after visiting Hallows Bane's old herd. Would other soquili have moved into their territory? She almost hoped they would. Anything for another chance to prove her worth, her power.

... but even as her blood boiled, her heart beat rapidly within her chest, she felt exhaustion coming over her. Nymphalidae would have to deny and suppress her natural instincts while she was with foal, but even as she replied, her ears were pressed back against her head with obvious displeasure. "Yes, I suppose you're... right. I saw a small area we can use for shelter a short ways back we can use, in case it rains. A small cave, although it may be home to another creature we will have to evict. With any luck, there will be -- we haven't had dinner yet, after all."

Hródolf, despite his continued silence, listened intently to the conversation between the two soquili. He bowed his head low in respect, more than willing to provide whatever protection he could offer his mistress when Hallows Bane would not be around. And indeed he would; his life was dedicated to Nymphalidae and no other, just as it had been to Asmodeus, obeying his every command. But now he lived for another.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:17 am
User Image

He could hear the venom dripping from the tone of her voice even if she meant to hide it. Hallows knew her well enough by now to notice that. His ears pinned back for a moment in silent annoyance. Did she not realize .... no, he needed to calm down. Fighting was going to get them nowhere. It would only put more stress on them both which was something they didn't need at this point. She was just going to have to trust him whether she liked it or not. He just hoped she'd deal without much complaint....

With a sigh and snort from his muzzle he nodded when she told him of the cave nearby. And the thought of a meal was very appetizing right now. If there wasn't a creature inside he'd go off and find something to kill. It wouldn't be that hard and Nymphalidae needed her rest. She shouldn't be hunting anyway. Hallows also knew with an inward frown that she'd never go for that. She was an extremely intelligent and independent mare. Getting her to rest and let him take care of things would be a challenge within itself. Did he have the patience? He sure as hell hoped so.

"Leeki, fly ahead and scout out the area in which Nymphalidae speaks of. Let us know if you find anything, food is on top of that list."

And with a flutter of her leather wings Leeki nodded and took flight, leaving Hallows, Nymphalidae and Hródolf to their walk back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Hródolf watched the bat fly off and, when Hallows Bane and his mistress began walking, the wolf vanished into the dark shadows of the forest, moving ahead of them to scout for danger -- or food.

You could cut through the tension in the air with a knife, thick as it was hanging between Hallows Bane and the fluttercorn. Just as he was able to read the signs of her irritation, she too could tell by his body movements that he was clearly unhappy by her attitude. Nymphalidae grit her teeth together, but said nothing. For as long as they had been traveling together, and for as much as they had done together, there was still much she did not know about her companion. He seemed to have accepted the foals, yes -- but how would he treat her now? As a weak mare incapable of caring for herself? Unable to hunt, to travel for hours on end? She did not wish to be treated any differently.

And how would this change the relationship they had?

For that matter, what was their relationship? Nymphalidae viewed him as a strong companion and friend, to be sure, but anything more than that...

The... benefits were nice. But that was all they were. They had never discussed their relationship, and Nymphalidae was in no hurry to start doing that now. But what did he consider them? Especially now that she was carrying his foals? She narrowed her eyes, glancing at him as they began to walk toward a safe location to rest for the night. If he thought of her as his... mate... it may prove to be a little harder to leave him for Asmodeus than she anticipated. And she was not willing to abandon her foals, either. Halfbreed though he was, he still had the blood of a kalona in him, just as she did. Their foals may not be entirely hopeless. She would need to come up with a plan.

As defensive as she was about being treated as a weak mare, she was not foolish enough to think she could do this alone. But she did not wish to be babied, either. And there was one other question on her mind... should she continue the journey to Hallows Bane's homelands if she had the foals before they arrived, or abandon him for Asmodeus as soon as she could?

"I have to wonder, Bane... how will your father react to us having foals?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:02 pm
Nymphalidae

User Image

This was going to be a long night, he could already tell and it wasn’t even far into the night. And what made it worse was that Nymphalidae’s question was completely justified. How WOULD his father react? What about his mother? It was already completely apparent that he was of mixed kalona blood, mutant, mixed kalona blood. But a mix none the less. And here they were, mixed bloods, having mixed blooded foals? But really, was that such a bad thing? His children were his children regardless of blood. He’d take care of them no matter what type of blood they had. But the question he now found himself asking: would Nymphalidae?

Neither of them were ready for children. They were, without a doubt, too young for this type of responsibility. But then again, they should have never come together if they couldn’t deal with the consequences. That said, for him to question Nymphalidae so quickly really brought his thinking to a screeching halt. He knew nearly nothing about her besides what she was willing to give him. No doubt he had done that to her as well. So was that ground for bringing up foals?

His mind automatically came to a disconcerting conclusion; the answer was definitely no.

So where did that leave them now? Traveling using a map in his head that wasn’t complete, Nymphalidae pregnant with his children, both barely knowing the true them besides the very basics, and both still barely trusting each other on a level strong enough to raise foals. He inwardly sighed, this was going to get ugly if he didn’t tread carefully.

“My father will react the way he will act. I can’t speak for him since I don’t actually know or remember him in any capacity. From what I do remember is that he was gone most of the time, leaving my mother to take care of things. Regardless, he won’t do a damn thing to you and our foals. You and I, we’re in this together. And that’s what matters.”

He huffed a tiny laugh at his next comment, “and just because he’s my father doesn’t mean I’ll stop you from biting him if he pisses you off. Even I’m not that stupid to cross your path in that way.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 pm

We're in this together.

The comment gave Nymphalidae pause. They have done many things together ever since they met; they've hunted, they've conquered his old herd, claimed the land as their own. But being in this together when foals were involved was different. It meant commitment, and that's not something Nymphalidae thought Hallows had even considered before. Perhaps she was wrong; perhaps he was merely offering help in raising the foals, and no deeper meaning than that. A gesture of friendship. But if it wasn't -- if it meant something more -- she realized that leaving him for Asmodeus would do far greater harm than she had initially thought. But why should she care?

Despite her best efforts, Hallows Bane mattered to her. She has enjoyed watching him grow into the stallion he is now, helping to rekindle his craving for hunting and eating meat, and now traveling back to his homelands to re-learn of his past and find out who he truly is.

He'd grown into a friend.

She knew this when she had agreed to leave him for Asmodeus after the foals were born, but to think that Hallows may want more from her was messing up her plans. She would still go through with it, but she would have preferred to walk away without feelings of regret, and now she wasn't so sure she'd have that. It would be hard to know how she would feel until the time came to leave. She wouldn't worry about it until then. Besides, Hallows Bane had survived without her before they'd met. He'd get on just fine after she left, too.

She snorted, unable to keep the amused smirk off her face. "Oh, I wouldn't have waited to ask permission. He would be foolish to underestimate me, and if he does, I will make him regret that decision. Pregnant or not."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100