28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
other.
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Phe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:26 pm
Is it just me or do others think that we could all make this guild into something better? Or are people happy with how it is?

I guess at the very least this post will give some new reading material. This is how I feel about the guild and I encourage others to post there own feeling on the Guild.

First off I feel we have too many moderators. Or maybe its just b/c I don't feel like the mods do anything more then the average guild member. It would be nice that since we are group created guild that there be some kind of criteria for being a mod.

Then my next suggestion would be that updates in the guild would be nice, and plan for deleting old inactive threads. (I kind of stole that one from night, hope you don't mind)

Well these are just some random thoughts. Post your own thoughts and ideas on the Guild. Do we even need a guild?

Wilhem
So I guess the important question for each guild member is this: What do you, personally, want from the Hybrid Lotto guild?

Oh and I don't want to make this a bashing of the guild, If you have something to say support it and offer ways of improving. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Resurrecting the guild would be great, but I'm not sure about how to do it and maintain interest and activity from more than a couple of members.  

Silkworm

Phe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:34 pm
Silkworm
Resurrecting the guild would be great, but I'm not sure about how to do it and maintain interest and activity from more than a couple of members.
yeah, where all pretty busy, but i just hope that maybe the intrest is still there and that we will get some ideas xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Whigh
A reorg of the guild has been tried . . . I think we need to just wipe everything out except a few stickies and start clean.

Phe

Phe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:53 pm
I like Weigh's idea. But if we do clean the guild, what changes would be made? What would people like to see?

I know on a personal level I would like to see a guild charity. A letter charity maybe. Where members help out other members get a sealed letter. And this would be a group effort, in theory.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:21 pm
Well some threads are important, or atleast useful, like the photobucket account, the map, ect.

I suggest subforumns.

This place was never really... super active was it?

I think a dedecation to the guild should be a mod quality.  

Fleeccee

Whigh
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:41 am
Also, perhaps staging guild only aspects of the Hybrid Lotto to get people posting in here. Such as eligibility for certain rewards based on the activeness of that person in the guild?

Or have a monthly debate on themes for the next lotto(s) in guild, and make those themes a requirement for winning the Hybrid? Something like that might help add life to the guild and make participation in the Hybrids more interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:59 pm
Whigh
Also, perhaps staging guild only aspects of the Hybrid Lotto to get people posting in here. Such as eligibility for certain rewards based on the activeness of that person in the guild?

Or have a monthly debate on themes for the next lotto(s) in guild, and make those themes a requirement for winning the Hybrid? Something like that might help add life to the guild and make participation in the Hybrids more interesting.
That sounds like a good idea, with potential. 3nodding  

Phe

Phe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:20 pm
So to sum up the ideas to this point;

>Make a mod expectation list. Things that if you want to be a mod that you will need to do.
>clean the guild save only a few threads.
>Interconnect the lotto with the guild in the form of eligibly for lotto prizes.
>Have monthly discussion threads on a topic

And there may be some more that I missed but this is a brief summer of some of the ideas pitched, keep them coming and specifics are great.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:31 pm
Phe
First off I feel we have too many moderators. Or maybe its just b/c I don't feel like the mods do anything more then the average guild member. It would be nice that since we are group created guild that there be some kind of criteria for being a mod.

I do have to admit, I don't really do too much in here. Then again, I don't want to start doing a bunch of stuff just to find out that other people don't want it to happen. In most guilds, it's okay for the mods or the captain to just do as they will, but I see the Hybrid Lotto group as more of a communal sort of thing, not a group with a leader.

As for the general inactivity, there are only two times the guild has ever been active that I can think of. When it just started and people were excited about it because it was new and all that stuff, people actually posted here. Then it picked back up the winter before last, but it really hasn't seen too much excitement since then.

Considering the guild can go over a week at a time without a single post, we should do something about it. Otherwise, there's not really much point in keeping the guild. So I guess the important question for each guild member is this: What do you, personally, want from the Hybrid Lotto guild?  

Wilhem
Vice Captain

Phe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:21 pm
I guess I would like to see a more interactive guild. Maybe even a hybrid government of sorts. Where mods need to do more to keep the guild going. I have seen in the past, that we make these suggestion thread in the guild and then the ideas are never carried through.

I view the guild and the mods as members with power, I think it would be cool to hold an election. We would have a vice president to AI. And then two mods with certain designated responsibilities. or something like that.

I would also like to see, a thread about the lotto. Such as what people would like the theme of the next lotto to be or the prizes and mini lotto. We could have an invisible lotto, and so on.

I also think it would be cool to have discussion threads, like what do you think about world poverty, erm or maybe is Ian guilty or innocent.

These are some things I would like to see from the guild. But a guild is only as good as its members and there participation.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:27 pm
I wouldnt delete everything just hide it.  

Fleeccee

Wilhem
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:58 pm
Phe
I guess I would like to see a more interactive guild. Maybe even a hybrid government of sorts. Where mods need to do more to keep the guild going. I have seen in the past, that we make these suggestion thread in the guild and then the ideas are never carried through.

Most of the times people suggest things, it's something that could easily be done by the person making the suggestion. They're told it's a good idea and that they don't have to ask permission to do stuff, and then they never do it.

Fleeccee
I wouldnt delete everything just hide it.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 pm
Wilhem
Phe

Most of the times people suggest things, it's something that could easily be done by the person making the suggestion. They're told it's a good idea and that they don't have to ask permission to do stuff, and then they never do it.

good point 3nodding  

Phe

Fleeccee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:52 am
Can someone fix the sheild, like put it back on the front page? Or shrink it?  
Old Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff