Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] Meeting a local (Wamblee&Banus/Kame'bufuu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:06 pm
These were... Well, it was calm. Wamblee particularly enjoyed this fact. They were already starting to figure out where everything was, to make it easier for Emera to go about this and that without running into anything. He couldn't help it, Wamblee was protective of his little blind dove. Finding a good spot to stop, he sat down, stretching. "I don't think there's much more we can explore without crossing somebody's line or something..."

Sitting next to Wamblee, Mola'katiti let out a bit of a yawn. She followed the white lion mostly because she knew nobody else but him and Emera. She swore she'd seen a couple lionesses that looked like lions back home, but she could easily have been seeing things. "I like it here... There's not a lot of ranks to have to remember..." Sultan, Emir, Vizier... Pads and Banu... It was simple, uncomplicated. "It's the customs I'm having fun with..."

Stepping carefully, the gold-marked white and gray lioness found Wamblee, sitting down next to him and resting her forehead against his shoulder. Letting out a light rumble, she smiled as the sun warmed her back. "I think we'll remember them in time... It'll just take a while..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm
User Image Kame'bufuu was on his way back to his den from what he considered an unlucky fishing expedition. There had been a small stream that currently had spawning fish in it, or was to have had spawning fish in it according to his son. When he had gotten there the only thing that was left were a few fish carcasses. The birds had already gotten to them before he had, and found it pointless to continue searching for them as it would only be wasted time and energy on his part.

As he trotted in the direction of his den he spotted three very unfamiliar faces to the pride. He knew them to be unfamiliar because he has had at least one rotation on guard duty with every Pad within the pride, and they were not little ones. Perhaps a returning Pad with his captures? It would explain the unfamiliarity, but even than they would resemble something towards their parents and the male didn't seem to resemble anyone.

"Good day!" Kame called, deciding it would be wise to introduce himself to this male and his Banu sooner than later. After all, it would be rather rude of him to have passed him knowingly and not said a word, especially come a meeting later. It would reflect badly on his family.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am
Wamblee looked up, pink ears flicking forward as he looked at the other lion. He glanced for a moment at the two lionesses, before rising to his paws. Momentarily, Emera's protests were ignored. "Good day... Um... I'm afraid I don't know your name." Or, really, much of anybody's names. He and the two lionesses were the only lions in these lands any of the knew for now.

Katiti started to open her mouth to greet the lion, only to feel a jab in her side. Looking over, she glared at the offender, only to find Emera smiling and covering her mouth with a paw. The idea was clearly conveyed, keep quiet until spoken to. The cream-yellow lioness pursed her lips, before shuffling and pressing against Wamblee's side, gray-blue eyes watching the new male.

The poking lioness herself kept quiet, having a better memory of what to do and what not to do than her companion. Rising carefully to her paws, she pressed against Wamblee's other side, ears and nose trained toward where she'd heard the other lion call. Her whiskers twitched, shifting the skin of her entire muzzle forward to find him. He wasn't close enough to know EXACTLY where he was, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am
"I don't seem to know yours either," Kame said plainly, though he offered as much a smile as he could possibly muster without looking absolutely creepy, "But that's a correctible predicament. I am Pad Kame'bufuu."

Kame gave the other Pad, as well as his Banu, a nod of his head in greeting. They all seemed weary of him, and it was an appropriate feeling. In this pride, despite the emphasis on male bonding, there was a lot of scheming and self-satisfaction. You never truly knew who someone was unless they were already the open type and laid everything out on the table. It was a little sad, but this was his pride now and he'd defend it despite its flaws.

Kame looked to Whamblee's Banu quietly before saying, "You don't need to hold your tongues around me lionesses. I was once an outsider, much like you three are, and my beliefs don't exactly sync perfectly with the overall pride's belief system."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm
Wamblee watched the other male, as if to see if he made any moves. After his spats with his brother, he was wary of others overall. It wasn't so much the others, it was just a personal problem. "Greetings, Pad Kame'bufuu... I am Pad Wambleeska." He motioned with his head. "This is my Beybano, Mola'katiti, and my Banu, Emera." He'd have to see about a third Banu... So there'd be one more body bringing food in.

Mola raised an eyebrow, watching the male. "Very well, then..." She paused. No, she had nothing to say. It was funny, how one had that happen when given the clearance to speak as they cared. She shifted on her paws, relaxing a bit. She didn't press quite as closely into Wamblee, though she kept her eyes on the other male. She had a sister who was, as far as she knew, still back home... And absolutely trusting of everybody. It had alarmed her even as a cub.

The white and gray lioness, still ever smiling, twitched her whiskers. She'd finally managed to find where he was, exactly. "Are all the lions in these lands like you, Pad Kame'bufuu?" She paused. "Can I call you Pad Bufuu...?" She felt a nudge, and smiled up at Wamblee. "Well, we don't call YOU by YOUR full name, Wamblee..." She then let out a giggle, burying her face in his mane. She had no idea what it looked like, only that it was warm, soft, and silky, and it felt good.  
[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games