Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 pm
User Image
Namir was nervous yet excited. It was just over a month since he had been home and while he had gone to see his family he waited until Rana was ready to take her with him. But today was the day. His mother and father were both excited over meeting his banu and had even set it up so Ban'ma, Maua, and the cubs were out of the den so they didn't over whelm her.

It was just past noon and he was waiting outside of their den. Namir would have loved going earlier but his father had to patrol and that was not something that should be skipped so after noon it was. The blue lion was waiting patiently in the shade as a slight breeze off the lake played with his full grown main.

"Rana are you ready?" He called back into the den.

User Image
Tsubame was pacing. He was late. Of all the days to be late today had to be one of them. She knew that sometimes things happen but what could have happened to make him late for one of the most important days in his son's life? "He probably got into a discussion" she grumbled to herself as she did another turn across the den's small clearing.

She loved Achal because of his strong pride connection and his honer but sometimes she wished that he would just ask someone else to take over his duties for a day. He was going to patrol before Namir came over with Rana but Tsu knew that often when he was coming home from patrolling he was stopped and was brought into discussions like the weather, the hunting, the pride's banu's, the pride in general, and other various items. Things that he had no problem discussing but on this day when Namir was finally going to bring Rana over to meet them he was late, probably for those same discussions.

With a sigh she stopped pacing and flopped down in the shade of the nearest tree. He would show up when he can, this she knew, so it made no sense in stressing over that fact. The only good news was Namir was running late as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nervous. She was nervous. That's to be expected though, since today would be the day she would meet Namir's parents for the first time. No doubt that would be followed by the rest of his rather large family. She'd been pacing inside the den for a while before Namir finally called her, asking if she was ready. She stopped pacing at that, her ears flicked back and her brows furrowed with worry.

No. Nervous was something of an understatement. Maybe even the wrong way to describe how she was feeling altogether. Rana was scared. Scared of not being accepted most of all, even though he had reassured her time and again that his parents would love her. The lioness couldn't really help it; that was just how she felt. Still, she knew that she had to go. It would leave a bad impression if they showed up late for her first meeting, so the lioness pulled herself together and finally emerged from the den.

"As ready as I can be I guess," she said as she walked to stand beside him. Rana smiled and nuzzled her mate lightly, though it was to comfort and calm herself a bit more than anything else. "Sorry I took so long.. are we going to be late?"

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Achal walked up to his den to see Tsubame pacing back and forth in front of the den. He stood very curiously looking to his beybanu wondering if she was worried about the meeting with their son and his new banu. Thus far he was the only one to make it back from his quest and it was an amazing feeling to know one of their sons was home when they were soon to be sending out another group of boys.

"Tsubame, love," he called out gently before approaching is pacing banu. "What has you so work up. Surely it isn't our visit with Namir and Rana, was it?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm
Namir nuzzled Rana before replying, "Nope. In fact if I guessed the time correctly we will be right on time." He wasn't one to really care that much about timing but he had a feeling his mother was over estimating the time again, she really wasn't a big fan of being late.

He started off through the trees in a slow amble, trying to give Rana enough time to calm down. He wished he could say he knew how she was feeling just so he could suggest things to help her but he had never really been in this position. Namir would do anything to make this easier for her so he slowed down even more until he came to a stop just inside of the last few trees before the clearing in front of his parent's den. He saw his mother and father standing in the sunlight. Still in the shadows he turned to Rana and said softly, "When your ready."

Tsubame turned towards the voice and saw Achal walking up. She did a quick glance at the sky, then at the shadows from the trees. Sheepishly she admitted, "I thought you were late. It's just I want Rana to like us and being late is just so... so... rude." She waled up to Achal and gave him a quick nuzzle. "Sorry for over reacting I just want today to go perfect."

It was right when she said that that Tsu felt that she and Achal were no longer alone. She gave a quick look and spotted her son standing in the shade of the trees with a lioness at his side. "She must be Rana," she said softly to Achal though he probably knew who she was as well. Raising her voice but not really moving, after all if Namir was hesitating Tsu didn't want to spook Rana by rushing her, Tsu called out. "Welcome to the family Rana."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 pm
She appreciated Namir's slow pace as they started to make their way over to his parents' den. On the way the lioness managed to calm herself enough, and when he stopped just short of arriving she nodded at his question. From where they stood she could see his parents, and a bit of the nervousness from earlier came back. Just a bit though. Before she could reply to his answer she heard his mother's voice call out to them, and she laughed lightly. "We've been spotted," she said, instead of answering his question. "But I am, so let's not keep them waiting."

With that she waited for Namir to take the lead, not wanting to be too forward and rushing out ahead of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:15 pm
Achal nuzzled his love and smiled at her. "Tsubame, love I would never be late for this. It is very important to Namir and I am excited to meet Rana. Do not worry, everything will go well," he said softly.

Looking up he saw his son and nudged Tsubame, who quickly spotted Rana and shouted out a greeted. It made him look at his love in surprise. She had changed so much since they had first come to the pride. She was not at all the shyer lioness he had met, so long and so many litters ago. Achal smiled sitting back on his haunched, his tail crossing over Tsubames.

"Here they come," he said softly waiting for his son and his new banu to approach them.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 am
Namir laughed at her comment. "We have indeed been spotted." His mother and father looked to be waiting for them, something Namir was glad for after all he wanted to make this as easy for Rana as possible.

With Rana's go ahead he entered the clearing and slowly joined his parents over by the den. He did his best to reign in his excitement but he couldn't help the broad grin that was on his face. Considering he wanted to bounce around the clearing like he would do as a cub he thought he was being pretty grown up. Once he was in front of his mother and father he introduced Rana formally as pride customs dictated. "Dad, Mom this is my Banu Rana. Rana this is my father, Pad Achal and my mother, Beybanu Tsubame." It might not be exactly what was expected but it was formal enough for Namir so he soon added, "Mom, Dad I know you will love Rana as much as I do." He gave his banu a quick nuzzle before beaming at his parents.

Tsubame beamed up at Achal. "I know. Really I do its just, well he is the first back and I want this to go perfectly." Tsubame really hadn't noticed how much her personality had changed since meeting Achal and having a family. From being such a quiet loaner to someone who greets others with a smile was such a change that if it had not happened over a long period of time even she would have been surprise at the change.

Tsu watched as they came closer, she recognized her sons smile. Once a bouncy little cub always a bouncy little cub, she thought to herself with a smile. She waited silently for them to join her and Achal. With a pleased smile she listened as her son made formal introductions, as pride's customs requested. "Welcome Rana. Welcome to the family dear." This time Tsu's greeting was quieter but no less heartfelt. She gave the younger lioness a quick brush of her cheek in greeting before giving her son a motherly nuzzle. "Namir as long as she loves you and you love her then we will love her as well."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:53 pm
Rana followed him quietly and, once they were face to face with his parents, bowed her head politely at them while Naim made the introductions. They were more formal than she expected, though to be honest she didn't really know what to expect, which was why she was as nervous as she was. After he finished the introductions she raised her head and was a little surprised when his mother brushed her lightly on the cheek. "Thank you.." she said quietly. Her eyes followed after the lioness for a second, then she looked forward at Naim's father and blniked for a second. She wasn't exactly sure where to go from there, so she went with the first thing that came to mind.

"It's an honor to finally meet you both," she started, albeit more shyly than she'd like to admit. She lost her words at that point, so she turned to Naim who was currently beaming at his parents. They seemed to come back to her then, and the lioness smiled. "I do love your son," she said then, turning her attention back to Achal and Tsubame. "Very much, and I look forward to being a part of your family."

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 pm
Achal sat watching the interaction between Tsu and their son, and Rana. He said nothing allowing her to greet them as she pleased, before going over to his son and giving him a nudge smiling happily.

"You are the first to come home and with such a lovely banu," he said pride pouring over him, heard very obviously in his voice. "I knew you could do it and I am very proud of you."

He sat beside his son and watched Tsubame eagerly welcoming Rana and Rana excepting the welcome quite nicely. Achal smiled at Rana and gave her nod before speaking. "We are happy to have you Rana. I am sure you will be a wonderful banu to Namir. I do so hope you not mind lots of visits. We are a very close family."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 pm
Namir was happy. This meeting that both he and Rana were worried about, more her then him, was going well. His parents approve of her and Rana seemed to be relaxing. He smiled at his father, "I'm surprised that Mi'rage or Atash haven't returned yet. It always seemed like Rana found me." Namir was glad that he made his father proud but he was a bit worried about his brothers who had yet to return.

Mentally shaking off the worry Namir turned to his father and asked, "So I know I have more siblings, Ban'ma stopped by a few days ago. What else have I missed since I was gone?"

Tsu smiled at Rana, she seemed to be perfect for her son. She glanced over at father and son and decided that while they were talking she would ask Rana a few questions. "So, Rana, how are you settling in? Has Namir explained everything? Any questions that you would like to ask?" She knew what it was like being tossed into a pride with no idea what the rules where, although she hoped Namir at least covered the basics with Rana. If the lioness had questions Tsu would do her best to answer them, after all they were family now.  

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:10 pm
The meeting seemed to be going very well, much to the Rana's relief. It felt as though she'd been worried for now reason, now that she thought back to how she was a bagful of nerves on the way to the meeting. Her eyes caught Naim's for a second before her Pad engaged his father in conversation. For a second she thought that she wouldn't have to say anything anymore, which was fine with her, until Tsubame asked her a question. The lioness smiled at the other and thought on her question for a moment.

"Just fine," she answered with a small nod. "Naim explained everything to me while we made our way back.." Rana went on, trying to think of something that was still hazy to her about the rules and traditions of the pride. Everything was clear when he'd explained it to her, so it took her more than a few seconds to think of something.

"Ah..." the lioness finally said when she came up with something. "How should I address you?" she asked a bit shyly, referring to both her and Achal. "And others, come to think of it. I'm still a bit unsure when it comes to the titles and addressing those in higher rank..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm
Achal smiled at his son happy to divulge his family status, much had changed since his boys left them. "Let's see," he started, " some of sisters have gone off to their pads and their are plans for the others. Nyline has gone to Ridwan and Thuraya to Kwea."

Achal continued to smiled watching for his son's reaction making sure it was okay to press on before speaking once more. "Thuraya and Kwea brought cubs into the world just before after you left and they have grown fast they are nearly adults now. I'm am certain the boys will be leaving soon, but the girls are still with their father. Neelam the oldest girl has taken quite a like like to myself and Hawtyi, she is often here when she can get away."

Achal looked to Rana and Tsu before turning back to Namir, "Maybe once Rana is more settled she can meet more of the younger cubs."

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 pm
Namir listened intently as his father told him about his sisters. He knew that their finding pads of their own was the natural order of things but it was still slightly unsettling to hear that his sisters have their own mates.

"Thuraya is a mom? Wow I guess I was away longer then I thought." His twin was a mom to cubs that were nearly adults. This was a concept that baffled him. "I guess we will have to do a big family get together so I can meet all the pads and nieces and nephews." Namir glanced over at Rana, unsure how she would react to having such a large family thrust in her lap. "Or to make it easier we could just have a big pride party, after all our family is quite large enough to seem like a small pride of and in itself."

Tsu couldn't help but laugh softly when Rana called her son Naim. She hastened to explain, "Sorry but I just couldn't help but giggle. Did Namir ever explain what his name meant? For the most part only the family knows because he got enough teasing from his brother that we let him decide if he would tell others. As you know Namir's full name is Naim'Namir which means Sweet Water. So by calling him Naim you called him Sweet which I find absolutely funny because he is such a sweet boy." She laughed softly again before giving Rana a quick nuzzle to show that she meant no harm in her laughter.

Still smiling Tsu turned her attention to Rana's question. "Well formally I would be called Beybanu Tsubame but since we are family you can call me Tsu or Mama Tsu, which ever you prefer." Tsu paused to think the best way to explain about addressing others in the pride. "Well really its quite simple unless you know the male its best to remain quite until you are introduced and then you should know how to address the others. If its a female you can never go wrong by calling them Banu. if the female is a Beybanu they will either correct you or they wont care. The only ones I would worry about are the Sultan, Sultana, and the Viziers. They will be introduced to you so that shouldn't be a issue either." She smiled softly and asked, "Does that make sense?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm
"Actually he didn't," the lioness replied, a slightly amused look on her face. "But ever since I met him I've always felt that it was more fitting to call him Naim." Rana giggled a bit. "I guess it isn't something a little boy would be too happy about, but he doesn't seem to mind now." Glancing briefly at her Pad, the lioness thought about calling him Namir for a second before quickly dismissing the idea.

Rana nodded as Tsu answered her question, an 'o' shape forming on her maw as the other explained. When she was finished the blue lioness nodded, though she was still putting what she'd just been told to memory. "It does," Rana said, smiling. "Thank you."

She couldn't help but think that, even though they were the leaders of the pride, she wouldn't be as nervous as she was just before meeting his parents. Sure, she wanted them to like and approve of her, but it was different in a way. "So..." she started, not really wanting to think about that future meeting at this point in time. "Exactly how big is your family?" she asked Tsubame, a curious look on her face. She overheard a bit of what Naim said a few seconds ago and couldn't help but wonder.

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:48 am
Achal laughed light, "Most of your brothers are still away. Currently the Maua's litter is preparing to leave and Ban'ma's little ones are still very small, cute cubs. Growing slowly, though. Thuraya's cubs are just about leaving age as well actually."

He looked to Tsubame and Rana hearing his son's banu's question. He laughed lightly before speaking, "our family is very large, as are most of the families in the pride. I have 3 banu and we ourselves have 24 cubs inside the pride and I have three cubs that stayed with their mother's outside the pride. Most of our males are currently not here and many of our females have joined their news bads. Currently just 11 of ours cubs are still in the den."

Achal was beaming with pride as he spoke about his family, his cubs. It was obvious that family was very very important to him, but it was more so obvious that he valued his cubs.

"One of my daughters, Thuraya, also has 5 cubs of her own."

Achal smiled, but his head turned as he heard the sound of thumping paws and raised voices. It seemed the others would be back any moment. He was quite certain he heard his son Ladarius trying to round up the younger cubs who were no doubt running about all over the place.

"It sounds like the cubs are headed back home. Why don't we come to your den later to talk about when Rana will meet the rest of the pride."

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff