{PRP}Startling surprises{Athena x Zenobia}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 pm
User Image

Zenobia urged her paws on just a little further. It had been a long hunt and an even longer walk afterward. She wished she had been able to take her time over her meal. Instead the pale lioness had to bolt her food and move on quickly. That was the problem being on someone's else hunting grounds.

Now she was safely out of their lands. Her paws ached, and her belly was so full. All she wanted to do was nap in the shade somewhere. She felt lucky when she'd spotted a veritable platform of rocks. Shade and cool; sunny and warm. It'd be a perfect spot to nap and rest.

With a soft grunt she jumped up onto the first tier. With luck there wouldn't be too many more until she found a spot she liked. Her claws scratched on the rock as she hauled herself upward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:19 pm
Athena had been traveling most of the day by the time he chose to hunt for himself. He was happy to find the rock outcropping that he could climb up on top of and curl up for sleep. It was a nice warm spot to sleep for now, and if he wanted to later, he could move under it into the shade.

He is stretched out on top of this rock in no time and sound asleep. Athena does not hear the lioness come, nor does he hear her climbing the rock. He was pretty much dead to the world. At least he had been until the female managed to make it up onto his rock and step into his light. He woke with a start and looked around. He noticed her and jumped.

Athena was more than slightly startled at someone else being with him on top the rock when he woke and barely managed to not fall off when he jumped up. He quickly tried to regain himself especially since it is a female. And of course a pretty female. He looks embarrassed for a moment and sits down rather sheepishly. "I do apologize, beautiful... I was not expecting company. Such enchanting red eyes... I am sorry, is there something this lowly male can offer you?" Not his best flirting, but he'd been startled awake so he was still trying to recover.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:19 pm
Zenobia managed to get herself onto rock top without breaking any of her claws. A fact she was extremely grateful for. She'd done that before and her paw had hurt for a week.

The lioness was slightly surprised to see a male lion already sleeping on the rocks. Well, that confirmed her assumption that it would be a grand place to nap. She moved closer to confirm he wasn't actually dead, and stepped into the light shining on him.

When the male jumped, Zeno stepped back. He wouldn't be upset she was up here would he? She was too tired to fight him for it. As his words reached her, she had a sneaking suspicion that she wouldn't have to be fighting.

Her head ducked slightly in amusement as he called her beautiful right off and complemented her eyes. He seemed the first to think so.

She laughed softly, "Nah, good sir. I merely searched for a quiet spot to rest after my meal. You don't mind unexpected company do you? I would hate to have to find another spot as good as this."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm
Athena purred loudly at the pleasant reaction from Zenobia. "I certainly do not mind sharing with such a beauty as you." He settles back down laying on his belly and looking up at her. He would not mind sharing with her at all. Heck, he would prefer sharing with her to being alone. And he certainly had to count his good luck in her stumbling upon him while he was sleeping. "There is plenty of room for both of us up here."

Athena moved so that she could snuggle up to him if he wanted. He did not expect her to, but he was not above making it look inviting. Never knew what you would get without trying to get it first. He fluffs his mane and tries to make himself as fluffy as possible all over. The cuddly factor might work to get him a snuggled female. It was worth a shot for this reason.

"If you do not mind my asking, why do you not have someone with you? If you were my mate, I certainly would not want you all by yourself out here!" He continues purring up at her and looking friendly and fluffy. A beauty like that was likely to already have a mate, but he would continue to be charming regardless. Company of any sort was good, the more friendly the better, though.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:04 pm
She was amused. A smile crossed her lips. He sure seemed the flatterer. Thankfully she wouldn't have to find a new place to sleep. Zeno wondered if he was much of a chatterer. If he was, she wasn't likely to get much of a nap. There could certainly be worse company though.

A chuckle escaped her, "that's good since there will be two of us. Wouldn't want to be crowded or anything." She teased. As she selected her spot and made to get settled, the lioness noticed his pose. She didn't really have any reason to lie very close. Zeno didn't know him at all.

She eyed all that fluff. He must be one of the floofiest lions I've ever seen. Wonder how he stays cool. It would certainly be more comfortable to lean again than lie on hard rock. That made her mind. Anything to be comfortable right now. Zeno shifted and leaned on the fluffy lion. So cuddly soft!

Her eyes had closed and she'd nearly fallen asleep when he spoke up again. A red eye slitted open to look generally out.

"Eh? Cause I don't have anyone." Zeno was silent a moment. "I don't remember my mother or father, or if I had siblings. I've been wandering all my life. Not very conductive to getting companions I guess."

She gave a laugh, "what lion wants a lioness who will one day wander off on him? No mates for me."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 pm
Athena was disappointed when she settled down away from him. What was he to expect. Least she was not rude about it, though. And then she came right over and flopped on him. Score one for the fluffy lion! He tried not to look too smug, but it was difficult for him. "I do not have anyone either... I wish I could say I do not remember my parents or siblings sometimes... My sire was not around when I was a cub, but mother stayed long enough to teach us to hunt and then disappeared, and my siblings all insisted on going their own way."

He kept his voice quiet as he offered more about himself. He did not want to disturb her sleep, but he liked the idea of some company to speak with. Perhaps if he kept his voice soft and soothing it would put her to sleep and make him feel like he was holding a conversation. "You are too beautiful to be completely alone. I wander as well..."

"I would take a lioness that might one day wander off... and enjoy her company while I had her." Athena nuzzled Zeno's neck and started grooming her ears and top of her head. He moved one of his front paws over her shoulder and used it to pull her up against his fluffy mane more. He continued to groom her while he held her close to him. "You would be worth every moment I could get."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm
She was slightly surprised when the male started to groom her. It had been a long time since anyone had done that to her. Zeno felt a calmness wash over her. Was this what it was like to have a family? To be cared for, and loved? The grooming was starting to put her to sleep.

"You knew you're family. They will always be in your memories. That is something to cherish," she murmured softly. "I don't know about beautiful. There is often others I meet or run into. We chat and go our ways." His next words surprised her slightly.

He would accept a lioness that he never knew if she'd be there in the morning? She felt his paw on her shoulder and cuddled slightly more into his fluffy mane. How could he be ok with that? There is just something about him. So very relaxed. Is there a chance I might stay with him? Her thoughts whirled violently.

This was a new feeling to the white lioness and confused her greatly. Some part of her wanted to flee right away. How could she settle down?! But he hadn't said that. He was a wanderer too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 am
Athena felt Zeno relax against him and smiled to himself. He had a female so comfortable with him that she could sleep against him. How had he managed that in so little time? Eh, who cared, the important part was that he had done it! She was beautiful, she smelled wonderful, and as he groomed her, he found himself getting tired again himself.

Athena soon laid his head down and drifted back to sleep in the warm sun. He dreamed dreams of the sweet smelling female cuddled up against him, and when he finally awoke again, it seemed the sun had sunk a bit in the sky. Probably out for a few hours then. Ah well, least up here they had not been likely to be bothered, so letting his guard down had not been such a bad move.

He licked Zeno gently. "Beautiful, you awake?" Athena was not sure if he wanted to bother her so much as enjoy more of her delightful company. He started grooming her again and nuzzled her neck and cheek. He thought it would be a good way to wake up. He hoped the female would agree with him on that.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:29 am
She hadn't meant to, but Zeno drifted off with the comforting grooming. It'd been so long since another had given her a grooming. Faint memories tickled the back of her mind, and faint shadows drifted across her closed eyes.

The licking and nuzzling brought the white lioness from her distant dreams. For a moment she was confused why there was someone beside her. She never went to sleep next to anyone. Zenobia lifted her head and opened her eyes to see the lion she'd recently met.

"Um, I think so. My apologies for falling asleep on you like that. I don't know what came over me. You see I'd just traveled a great distance to get away from some hyena territory. My paws were just so sore." She rolled to lay on her belly. Testing her paws Zeno found them to still be slightly tender. They would have to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm
Athena gave a friendly smile when those pretty red eyes opened. "Welcome back, beautiful." She was beautiful to him and he certainly loved those eyes. "There is nothing wrong with being tired." He reassured her gently, nuzzling her neck and purring loudly. "I am told I make a good pillow."

"If your paws are still sore, you can always stay for awhile." He licked her cheek and stood to stretch. "I can keep watch over you." He would like that very much. It would give Athena more time to drink in her beauty. He sat down and watched her. She seemed nervous suddenly.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm
Zenobia was use to not relying on anyone but herself. She knew how to handle and take care of herself. The sudden thought of being tied to someone else made her jittery. Just so many things could go wrong in her mind. She wondered just how she'd gotten so comfortable with him that she'd fall asleep.

The white lioness rose to her feet. She wasn't going to allow anyone to 'watch over' her. Zeno would do that for herself.

"I'm sorry. I really must go on now. Thank you for the company and pillow." She turned and started to jump down from the rocks. Part way down she paused and looked over her shoulder.

"My name's Zenobia," then she was gone.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff