[PRP]Medicine Man (Erasto, Demon)FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aniira

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:10 pm
User Image
A corner of Erasto's lip twitched up as a familiar odor met his nostrils. Moonweed... an important ingredient in some potions! His current supply was running low, so he needed this new opportunity to replenish his stores. It wasn't often he found something this rare in the colder season.

He leaned down, carefully angling his head so as to keep his mask straight, and pulled off the small plant at the roots, gagging at the foul taste entering his mouth. He twisted his neck around and tucked the small wad of leaves and stem in the fold between his back and his wing, making sure the leaves stuck in a crevice of one scale. This would keep it from falling off when he made his way back to his hut, and cut down the need ofor a bag, which he didn't have to begin with.

He bent again, picking up the large lantern that was sitting to his side, and hoisted it with his mouth. Though it was daytime, the dense trees and foliage of the swamp made things seem darker than they were, covered with shadows and murky water. It was a repulsive place to many, and even fewer would want to live in it... yet to Erasto, it was home sweet home.

His ears perked as a strange smell came to his nose. Strong and vivid, and obviously masculine. A visitor?

Sharp fangs protruded from the sides of his mouth as he smiled around the lantern handle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 am
User Image Demon was..... annoyed, angered..... helpless. He growled deep in his chest, he did not like feeling helpless. Cherish was ill, his little pet was suffering and although Demon would have let many others die in her position the very thought of letting that fate befall Cherish sickened him.... was he suddenly getting a heart? He shook his head, no of course not, she was simply his.... and could not leave him until he said she could. Yes, that was it. Or so he pretended, it was easier than the truth.

That was why he found himself in this foal smelling place, although it wasn't an offensive smell to Demon he knew he did not want to linger here, he much prefered the mountains. There he had a vantage point to watch over his enermies, and he could fly away far more easily than in a boggy and dark place as this. The darkness didn't bother Demon either, when he had been captured by Lana'thel as a foal she had kept him in the dark day and night because she could not venture into the sun.... still he liked to walk in the sun every now and then, it reminded him of his freedom, but also how superior his breeding was to his captors. He was not limited to the night alone.

His eyes glowed a eerie white, so much so that no details of his eyes were actually visable leading most to the assumption that he was blind... their mistake.

Demon walked through the swamp, avoiding prickly looking things.... he would say vegetation but there was no greenery or leaves to be seen. Still, rumour had it that the best medicine man in this area called this place home.... he supposed that for a medicine man it was a fairly appropriate location; Demon also liked the fact that the man was meant to be at least part Kalona -or so the rumours went. Still, he couldn't help his building frustration at not having found him yet. He growled again, the sound somehow soothing him.... especially when he noticed light up ahead.... curious but unsure what it was he ventured in that direction.

It didn't take long before the glow grew brighter and eventually revealed a source and a soquili. The details were distorted since he was staring into the beam of light, but he was almost positive he could see a mask of bone and Kalona wings. Hopeful, but a little weary of the light source he didn't get too close. "Are you the Medicine Man?" He barked, there was no time to wait, and no need to mince his words.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 am
Erasto didn't shy at the approach of the other male, but rather kept his course straight towards him. He had met so many different kinds of Soquili in his swamp, many of whom had fallen prey to his clutches, so he didn't really fear something new. In fact, he hardly felt fear. It just seemed like a waste of valuable time and brain power.

It was easy for him to see the stranger when they stopped in front of each other, for the light of his lantern shined directly into the other's features. It was most definitely a Kalona--the sharp horns and wings larger than his were prominent, as well as the large fangs sticking from his mouth. He didn't seem very happy. Actually, he seemed downright feral.

Erasto's head twitched to the side, and he quickly set down his lantern to answer. "Medicine man?" he inquired. Strange, he hadn't been called this before. Had he really healed that many people and let them live? Seems he was building a reputation... and becoming soft.

"I suppose I could be called that," he grumbled, oblivious to the other's harsh tone. He glanced at the glowing eyes, his own scrunching. He couldn't see any pupils, but his own eyes were strangely colored and he knew to be cautious about presumptions. Besides, how could this stranger find his way through the swamp if he was blind? But he seemed otherwise healthy... what was his problem?

"So... how can I be of service?" He asked, gauging the other's strength. He would love to have those nose horns for his collection...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 am
Demon growled at the answers of this 'medicine man' it was clear he either wasn't the one Demon was looking for, or simply wasn't use to such a name.... Demon wouldn't have known what else to call him. He sniffed the air, something bitter seemed to be coming from the male.... he... smelt! Of course that could probably be put down to too much time in this awful place. Ignoring it Demon listened.... his patience growing thinner and thinner by the second.... so much so a growl rumbled in his throat.

Whatever the other stallion was... it was obvious he didn't really care much for 'helping' others, a concept Demon would usually have agreed to, but the fact was that Demon needed help, and he would NOT leave here until he got.

Demon noticed the short assessment made the other stallion and did his best to ignore it.... if he wanted aid he would have to play 'nice' at least for a moment!

When the question finally came about what he wanted Demon felt a strange relief. Finally, down to business. "Something of mine is ill." He said, in a matter-of-factly tone... yet his words were strained and it was clear the whole situation was having an effect on him, and not a good one. "I need you to fix her!" He growled at the stallion, unable to resist the instinct any longer. In many ways it wasn't a request or an enquiry, Demon expected the 'medicine man' to help.... even if he had to force him to do it.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 pm
The quick change of tones from desperate to feral made Erasto's ears twitch, and a corner of his mouth pulled up on it's own accord. Something was obviously nagging at this stallion... could it be the sick "thing" that he wanted cured? That seemed to be the easiest notion.

Erasto noticed many scars on the Kalona--he was obviously in many battles. And, because of the lack of any significant wounds, he must be good at fighting. Seeing as Erasto still wanted to get the wormroot safely back to his hut, and the fact that he wasn't the best fighter, perhaps forgetting about those beautiful nose horns would be the best idea... besides, if news spread that he was such a good healer, then his amount of victims would increase twofold to make up for the matter.

Thus, he raised his head a little, trying his best to sound diplomatic, and said, "Very well, whoever you are! I shall play the roll of 'Medicine Man' and fix what has been broken." Then his eyes narrowed, and he took a step forward, nose wrinkling at the other's bad breath. "But I am not Holy, and do not work for free. My magic comes at a price."

His blank, almost lifeless eyes glared back into the Kalona's fiercely glowing orbs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 am
Demon was not intimidated at all by the sudden closeness of the other Kalona; but still his mind was only concerned with one thing. Save Cherish. He didn't care about this 'medicine man' and although it would be to his liking that he get this sorted out as soon as possible he would not be pushed about. He snorted, sending a blast of warm air from his nostrils into the face of the other. "How about you work for your life then." He said with a grunt, making no effort to pull back. He simply held his ground, his errie white eyes shining with intend to harm the other stallion on a whim should he believe it was needed. Anything to save Cherish.

He paused for a moment, eyes darting to the magical light source. This creature had something about him, of that Demon was sure. Decided, he spoke with deadly intent. "If you cure her you can keep your life." His nostrils flared. "If not I will kill you." It was a promise. If Cherish didn't get better, or worst lost her life.... then this stallion would join her.

Demon took a moment to look in the lifeless eyes of the other, and his mind wondered if he would even care of such a threat? Perhaps he would have to negotiate a price. He growled low in his throat, the sound rumbling all the way down to his hooves. Demon didn't like to be the one without all of the power.... but he needed this stallion. A concept as alien to Demon as his negotiation skills.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm
Erasto stood quiet for a moment, a blank expression on his face hidden by the mask, yet his eyes still staring straight towards the Kalona. It wasn't that he was trying to be brazen, and not that he was brave or feisty--he just didn't feel fear like others. The world was too full of curiosities and unexplained things to need fear. Life was life, a rock was a rock, this Kalona was but a Kalona, and if he was going to die, well... at least his spirit could watch over his rotting collections. Besides, he would die someday, he just didn't know when.

Nor did he have a care.

Thus, the threats passed right through his head, and his voice had a bit of a strained tone to it, like he was holding back a half-laugh, half-growl. He was starting to lose some of his sensibility...

"Now, listen here, stranger," he stated, giving his braided and tangled mane a little shake. "I WILL refuse to cure this thing of yours unless I have some sort of payment. That is how I work. Not all things can be acquired in my muddy little swamp, you see." He gestured with his wings, the herb sticking to his scales a little more. "If you refuse payment, I will refuse medicine. You will kill me, of course." He gave a little outburst of a giggle, then settled once again, becoming suddenly devious.

"But listen here. I'm the only healer around here who will offer you business, or that of any other Kalona or whatnot. Once I'm dead, you'll have to track down some unicorn or Angeni to do the work. And with your manners... well, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!" A laugh, then silence.

"So... I'm sure you understand my offer? Because in the end, I'm always right." He gave a little grin, his furry tail swooshing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:18 am
Demon hissed at the words of the other, they were taunting him... daring him to defy them. And usually he would have, usually he would have destroyed this swamp and everything within it simply to prove his dominance.... but that would not get him what he wanted. He hated to admit it but the fact he was a Kalona, and Cherish his possession, meant that few would touch her, few would aid him. He growled low, a menacing sound that filled his ears for a moment. Foolish creatures...... still, he considered if they would be easier to manipulation than this one. This individual who didn't seem to fear him, showed very little emotions in his empty eyes.

For those traits alone he proved his worth. Proved he was not worth of death..... not yet.

"Perhaps," He grumbled, not entirely ready to admit defeat..... he was far to proud of that. Pride that got him in trouble on more than one occassion. He knew pride came before a fall.... the question was, could he let Cherish fall? No.

Defeated in that part, he sunddenly found himself wondering what payment this beast would want. "What payment would be required." He growled out each word. If it was murder... he would do it without so much as batting an eyelid. If it was collecting food, again he would do it..... but something more..... good, he cringed at the thought, would be impossible for him to do.

Demon ignored the stallions 'I am always right' Comment, for if this medicine of his didn't work... Demon would destroy him.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 am
Erasto grinned in triumph as the Kalona agreed to his conditions... well, if a subdued angered growl was considered agreeing. But either way, he would get what he wanted, and in return, this fearsome looking stallion would get what he needed for this... mare he so sparsely talked about.

Erasto gave a little shake of his head, warding off an annoying mosquito that had taken a liking to his ear, and looked back at the Kalona, a thoughtful look behind his mask. Hmm... what did he want? Asking for herbs would seem like a waste of time, seeing as he could find much of them on his own, and if they were a distance away, he could always put his wings to use. But this stallion looked like he was used to fighting, and perhaps would have no trouble killing another. Perhaps fresh ingredients from a freshly dead specimen? Yes, that seemed likable.

"When you came her, I was thinking of how lovely your two nose horns would look in my collections," Erasto stated, not caring what reaction would come from it. "But, seeing as asking for those may go too far, I will settle for something else. Unicorns have great healing powers, eh? I have great uses for their horns and hooves, but they rarely come through this forlorn place." He gestured at the murky water just beyond their standing spot, as if to accentuate his words.

"Bring me two unicorn horns and eight hooves, and I will give you what you want. That should be easy enough for you, no?" he said, almost in a giddy voice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:32 am
Demon growled and stomped his front hooves on the ground, he would not simply lie down and fulfil the demands of this stallion. Sure, he needed his aid..... but his request was too steap. It was possible that Demon only felt that way due to the arrogance at even considering parting him from his horns. He would not simply submit.... no far from it.

Demon snapped his head forward, teeth smashing together as a roar of anger erupted through his teeth. "Do not mock me beast, it will not end well for you. Needed or not, you shall outlive your purpose swiftly." He growled again, and spat on the floor, resisting the urge to rip out the creatures throat. Part of his mind registered the logic of the situation, unicorns possessed the properties to heal everything -including the black magic of a kalona he had learnt- but surely if he was to hunt down two unicorns before this beast would heal him then he could just force them to do his bidding before he slaughters them? There would be no need for the medicine man.

He growled again, this time in frustration, time was ticking away from them..... and Demon knew that if he didn't act quickly he would lose Cherish, and that was not an option.

For a moment he remained silent, simply stared with a snarl and flashed teeth at the medicine man. "You will heal her now.... if you suceed I will bring you a whole bloody unicorn." It wasn't a negotiation, just simply Demon's offer.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm
Erasto examined the reaction of the other stallion carefully, only slightly flinching as he threw a tantrum. However, something thoughtful and calculative ran through the glowing eyes, something barely perceptible, but noticeable all the same. Erasto thought back in his own mind how he could have slipped, but could not think of a purpose. Of course, he was foolish at times and did not think of the circumstances as others did. The thing he was best at was his potions--negotiating, at a close second.

Erasto shifted his hooves as the glob of spit hit the ground, ears twitching at the others' statement. Perhaps he had gone too far, had let his excitement get the best of him. He never was much of a fighter, and usually used his bulk for an advantage. However, this Kalona was of a similar if not larger size, and his teeth were quite long.

Finally, after giving a dramatic eye roll, Erasto sighed. "Very well. One will suffice. But mind the blood, will you? It only creates a mess." His voice had went from excited to deflated and bored, but at least he would have a chance at some business. Better than nothing.

"Now that it's settled, I must know the details of your 'thing's' ailment. I must also return to my hut, where I keep my herbs. I can not draw a potion out of the mud, now can I?" He winked, swishing his furry tail, almost forgetting the Kalona's earlier threat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 am
Demon was getting more and more frustrated with every moment that passed, he wanted to lash out, to scream, to attack.... something! But he forced himself to hold back, if this creature had the power to heal Cherish then he would hold his tongue, for now at least. His eyes narrowed. The medicine man seemed uncaring and unmoved by his threats, his strange eyes ever empty as if he didn't have enough brain power to actually be scared when he should... would such a creature be able to help Cherish? Or would he only make it worst? The very thought did not comfort Demon. He didn't care what happened to him, he could be battered, bruised, broken even killed.... and he would not care. But if she was harmed, in pain, crying.... well, it broke something in Demon. He didn't like it, would do anything to correct it.

And each time she had shook in pain from this illness Demon had blaimed himself, if only he had been better he would have prevented her from ever getting ill. His magic was that of corruption, it would not help her... only kill her faster, not an option.

He growled again. Defeated. Annoyed. Angry. "I will do whatever you ask with the cursed thing if you just hurry up." The very thin line that was Demon's patience was stretched so thin he feared it would snap at any moment.

The fact that the medicine man continued to taunt Demon would likely have impressed him in any other situation, but on this occassion it only stretched his patience once more. In an effort to distract himself he decided to list what had ailed his precious Cherish. "Shivers, constantly cold. A rash, red, around the neck and legs." He snapped out each word, and with each one they began to sound more and more like a growl, more and more aggressive. "Pain, stomach and limbs. Headache." He had memorised each ailment, for every time Cherish wriggled in pain he found himself feeling more and more helpless... Demon did not like feeling helpless, and he swore he would resolve that swiftly.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm
Erasto listened carefully, for once snapping out of his usual nonchalance. It was always like this--the every day threats and idle chatter were not his forte, but when it came to herbs and what some might call black magic, his ears perked and he was extremely focused. His magic and skill with potions was his life--he treasured his old tomes that he had learned most of his skills from. They were like... his children.

His head bobbed every few words, as if confirming that he heard and understood everything. He started walking back towards his hut, his mind racing faster and faster. These were strange symptoms, at least to be experienced at once. But of course, anything was possible, and mostly everything could be cured.

"Worry not, fierce stallion. Your mare will feel better within the week. Else it will be my neck, am I right?" He smiled slightly, but began to think of a cure.

Shivers and cold... that could mean a simple sickness, such as humans named "a cold". It was not uncommon, and easy to help, though a strict cure was impossible. The rash could be from stress, or perhaps a reaction to something that the mare was not used to... the pain could be sickness that had settled itself in her muscles and traveled to the extremities, and of course the nauseated stomach could be something that she had consumed or also from stress. And the headache could mean a number of things, but he was starting to see a trend...

Perhaps the mare needed something to calm her body and help her relax, while at the same time something to ward away common sicknesses. He would also compose a powerful concoction of antioxidant, in case her case was more advanced. In either situation, he had faith that she would heal quickly.

At last he came upon his hut, and motioned for the Kalona to wait outside. "Unless you don't trust me, of course. But I can assure you that my cure will be genuine."

He ducked his head and stepped inside, looking about at the various jars and bowls of herbs and barks. He gave a little "aha" of satisfaction when he found what he was looking for, and turned to start a fire. He had to boil water to combine the herbs in and make the medicine. Of course, waiting for the water to heat was always the boring part. He folded his wings and stood quietly, staring at his guest.

"Almost there!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 pm
Demon growled low, his desperation mounting and growing with each passing moment. He needed to do something, to act in some way...... so threatening would be as good a thing to do as anything. At least that he could control. "Yes, I will rip out your intestines and show them to you before I slit your throat." He growled low, flashing his teeth and licking his lips in amasument at the image he had created.... and a thought crossed his mind. Would the medicine man scream?

Still Demon found himself staring at the strange creature, a sudden silence and seriousness spread between them and Demon had to force himself to remain silent. He lowered his head to thr ground, taking in the path they were taking as his 'companion' tried to figure out what was wrong with Cherish. At least there seemed to be cure. Better within a week. Relief seeped into Demons every bone, all that worry, all that fear..... for nothing?

They finally managed to reach the home of the medicine man, a structure that interested Demon as well as disgust him. In his opinion it looked more like something a pathetic two-legger would use... perhaps this stallion had liberated it from one? He licked his lips, imagining such a scene, but somehow it felt wrong when associated with this strange stallion that stood before him.... Demon wasn't even sure the beast had killed, while else send him on a task of bringing back a unicorn? It wasn't as if they were a rare breed or even put up much of a fight. He grunted and shook his head, hoping that his medicine was better than his hunting.

Still curious Demon found himself following slightly, only allowing his head to enter the hut so that he wasn't in the way. In a low voice he answered the question, "No, I do not trust anyone." Truth. To a degree he didn't even trust Cherish, didn't know how she would react at being stolen away from him..... would she want that? No! It would never happen. He would build and army and protect her. Keep her. Forever his.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Aniira

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 am
Erasto gave a little nod at the other stallion's words. It was acceptable that he did not trust anyone, even the "Medicine Man". Of course, Erasto himself had never been one to be trusted. Though he was not a violent soul, he did enjoy luring what innocent beings that found themselves in his swamp to his hut, where he would assess their value and decide if he wanted to kill them for body parts. But he didn't pick fights, had no reason to. For what conquest could a half-deranged, mud-loving and swamp dwelling Kiri-Kalona really want?

None, of course.

He turned back to the water, noticing the tiny bubbles that rose from the bottom of the crude clay pot. He gathered his herbs, scooping them from their containers with a spoon-like piece of bark and flipping them into the water. He then contented himself with adding a couple of fine-tasting ingredients, knowing that a good tasting medicine would be easier to swallow. Satisfied, he stirred the mixture with a twig stripped of its bark, humming to himself. He never really thought of how annoying he must be... it was like he had forgotten about the other stallion completely.

Finally, as the water level receded and the paste began to thicken, he nudged the pot aside off of the cinders, allowing the mixture to cool. He then looked around for something to store it in--AH! The small clay pot on his empty container shelf would work splendidly. He had stolen the thing off of an unfortunate human.

The bowl with the mixture was still warm, but Erasto knew that time was wasting and decided to pick it up anyway. He carefully poured the syrupy substance into the little jar, then placed the lid delicately on top. Next, he stuffed a bit of mud around the edges. It would help seal the jar when it dried, and he doubted the Kalona would want it spilling on his journey back to... well, wherever he came from.

"Ah, here we are! Some ingredients for her minor symptoms, and a more powerful herb for any heightened infection she may have. I assure you, your mare will be fine." He sounded strangely diplomatic, and was completely sure in his skills. "Be careful with the jar--don't break the seal until you feed it to her. It can be mixed with water or taken directly, but I advise she eat something with it. To ward off a sour stomach." He nudged the jar forward towards the Kalona, head tilted.

"Is there anything else I can be of use for?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces