Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Ackrland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:46 am
"Oh, I see~" Isra said, suddenly more chipper. "Well, there are rare goods in town... LEGAL rare goods, as a matter of fact. You won't find a nguruyat's poison anywhere else in the world." She set him down, and one of the men offered a plate they already prepared for him while Isra got him a canteen and filled it with ice water. Then she got a regular cup and filled it with semi-warm water. "Drink this cup, first, or you'll put your body into shock," she said with a smile. "I remember my first heat stroke and BOY is it a terrible experience. Once you're right as rain we'll see when the next caravan trip into town takes place. you can crash with us until then. Hell, I'll show you a thing or two, how does that sound?"

"Woman, what are you ta- DUCK!" The lights swooped closer and Fahim flashed his light at it. It screamed and hurried to fly away. Others in the background cried out, too. "Idiot, a lantern?! Are you bleeding?! You attracted a kiphling! I told you to bring a flashlight, stupid woman!"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm
Idina wasn't listening. At the first shriek from the horrible kiphling she'd jumped into Fahim's chest and held tightly, squeezing her eyes shut and shivering. What she'd seen in the brief glimpse afforded by Fahim's flashlight had decidedly NOT been a firefly and instead quite possibly had been born from her nightmares.

She held tight to him and shook her head, quickly apologizing. "You didn't seem like you were in the mood to stop just so I could bandage my knee" she said, trying to regain some of her dignity by shoving off of him and bending to tend to her bloody wound.

"And I didn't HAVE a flashlight. We looked but I think one of the girls had taken all of them to use for shadow puppets in the daycare. You weren't very specific about things! You're not a very good teacher" she snapped, though the blush on her cheeks said she was more mad at herself.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm
Fahim sighed, and flicked what sounded like a match. There was a bit of light, and he tossed it on the ground. There was a trail of flames, and the things surrounding them screeched and started flying off. Fahim groaned, taking an empty pack and started fumbling to get all the precious items he could into it. "Hurry and follow the flames, I'll follow close- and for the love of God patch the blood or you'll attract mosquitoes!"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:28 pm
Idina ooked confused and mildly angry. "Do you want me to follow the flames and then patch up or patch up now or try and patch whi-You know what I'm patching up now" she decided for herself when she realized the threat mosquitoes posed.

She hastily fixed up her scratch and tossed the bloody cleaning wipe she'd used at the herd of bloodsuckers to fight over and buy them some time. Without looking to see if Fahim was following she took off down the lane indicated by the flames.

Her first instinct was to shout questions at her guide, because she had A LOT of questions that he'd neglected to answer and she hadn't thought to ask. But then she remembered his dire warnings of cave-ins, traps, and creatures.

She just hoped he knew where the hell the flame path lead.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:10 am
The path led them back out the cave, into the desert once more. It would be another few minutes before Fahim came out himself. "Fire trail," he told her, "I throw a line of fire yarn on the ground as we walked, when it ignites it remains aflame for a duration of time." He sat down at the entrance of the hole, knowing he was too close to light to be chased by the Kiphlings. He thought back about the mess, and he took off the backpack on his back to look at the mass of treasures he managed to get. After a bit of silent thinking as he caught his breath, he looked Idina's way and chuckled a bit in his fatigue. "What a rush," he said finally, and as he got back up he said, "You did well for your first time. Good job."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:11 am
Idina's first thought was to berate him, but then she saw the enthusiasm on his face and her fury died. "I see" she purred, sitting down next to him and leaning on the wall. "It's not the things that you hunt for that make your blood thrum, it is the thrill of the hunt... You are a very strange man"

She laughed softly and tossed her lantern to the side since it had proven useless to her. "That was very thrilling, though I would've enjoyed being better prepared. Still... I thank you for bringing me"

Her eyes wandered to the small pile of treasures he'd filched and she cocked her head to the side. "Anything valuable?"

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:17 pm
Fahim was looking into the pack, and then when he looked up at her, he realized that they were very close together. He took on her scent, and he paused for a second to soak it in. "Yeah..." He replied, and then took her hand in his and smiled. "Come on," he helped her up, "Let's get out of the sun and count our bounty." He headed toward the Phisket, which was preening his feathers.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm
She looked at their mode of transportation with the same wariness as before and made sure to stick close to Fahim and not say a word or make a sound. When he climbed on in front of her she resumed her death grip around him, even though the phisket hadn't even begun to move. Her eyes were squeezed shut as well and she trembled slightly.  

SunnyLore

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm
Alphonse regained a considerable amount of energy and perked up when Isra spoke of rare goods in town. It was a bonus to know they were legal, too. Suddenly, the whole trek alone seemed worth it. As he was set down, he thanked the men and Isra again for the food, following the woman's instructions. "That sounds great," he said with a laugh and grateful smile, downing the semi-warm water in one gulp.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:08 pm
"Joseph?!" Isra called out to a tent, "When's the next caravan?!"

"Ah, not 'till dis afterneun, miss."

"Righto! Thanks, Joe!" She looked over at Alphonse and nodded. "So we'll keep our eyes open! Someone will go with you, we need more food, anyway."

"No, no, miss Isra, whe know yoo." Another young man said. "Hyoo wood stay here un deeg awl dae! Hyoo get food."

"Ugh, that isn't fair!" Isra cried, "I won't overwork myself, I'll behave, I promise!" Yea, no she wouldn't.

Fahim got the Phisket to turn around, and then started his getting him to go. "You know," Fahim said as they rode, "You can still talk, it's only sounds he listens to, not words."  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm
Idina managed to open one eye but that was the limit to how relaxed she was going to get. "Are you s-sure?" she asked hesitantly. "Because I don't want to take any chances"

She was suddenly aware of just how close her body was pressed to Fahim's and she blushed with mortification. "I'm not feeling you up, I'm just too scared to let go. Don't get any stupid ideas" she warned.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 pm
"What, me? Never. Ha!" He demanded, and the Phisket suddenly took off in a run. "Don't worry, miss, you'll be fine as long as I'm here," he assured her, feeling the warmth of her skin against his.  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 pm
The increase in speed increased the tightness of her grip as her eyes squeezed shut yet again and she held in a frightened gasp. "I'd almost prefer those firefly things to riding on this phisket" she moaned.

The woman looked forward to when they got back to the city and she could be back safe and sound on the ground and in her club. She was enthusiastic about going over what treasures had been procured.

Idina only hoped that the girls she employed would stop trying to hint to her that she should settle down with a man. They'd all been too thrilled at the prospect of her going out with Fahim, even when she'd desperately attempted to explain there was nothing romantic to it.

Fahim was just a trusted friend to her. He was too frivolous about women and life in general. She wanted something solid and real instead of just a fling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:44 pm
Alphonse laughed lightly at the conversation that took place while he ate, before suggesting something to the woman. "Why don't you come with me? You did say you'd show me things around here." He motioned to the desert around them with a grin. "It doesn't look like they'll let you work today."

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 am
"Aw, not you too," she said with a pout. Then she sighed, "Alright, I suppose so then. In the meantime, before the caravan arrives, let me show you just what we're doing here." She said with a brilliant smile, as if this was a dream that came true, and was renewed every day.

"Uh-oh," Fahim muttered, noticing people in the distance, "It is a caravan. If we're seen free on our own, then they will know we're suspicious." By the look of it, they already spotted them. "This is no good, this is no good..." Fahim muttered, before leading the Phisket toward the moving caravan. "Just let me speak, and play along okay?" He told Idina, before smiling a winning, innocent smile as a couple came to greet and question them.

"Good morning, my friends! Do you have enough room for a traveling honeymoon?" He asked, "My wife here and I came to see the desert sunrise and got lost, you don't by any chance plan of going back into town, do you?" He asked, knowing that they would be, and this alibi was the first thing he could think of that they would undoubtedly trust.

The cold looks of the people softened a little, and one man said in the native language, "Congratulations to you and your new wife my friend, we will be sure to give you the utmost prayers on our travel. We are indeed going to the town, so we may stock up on supplies."

"Wonderful! Let's go, honey, we will be back in our hotel in no time, now." He smiled back at Idina as he led the Phisket, trying to make out the expression she had. Possibly surprise at his sheer genius and ability to come up with such a great alibi.  
Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff