Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Ackrland Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 am
~ You Are In Ackrland ~

A place of many mysteries, adventure is at every corner. This place is generally a complete mystery filled with magical items and untold secrets. Archaeologists, raiders, thieves, and adventurers are found here mostly. There is a government, and there are natives. Subtract modernization and put the Earth and all its untold mysteries in one area, it would be Ackrland. It has the most diverse of weathers, people, and is a land dedicated to knowledge of history and common sense. Most geniuses originate here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm
~ Important Places ~

To fill in later.

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 pm
~ Important NPCs ~

To fill in later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm
~ Other Topics ~

To fill in later.

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:27 pm
Idina watched over the shadowy confines of the lounge floor from her perch behind the bar. It was another night another shift but she didn't mind since her patrons had deep pockets. Her girls were mingling with the customers, flirting and enticing while coaxing them all to have 'just one more drink'.

Soon the small platform would light up and the dancers would take the stage, capturing the attention of every male present and leaving her nimble fingered waitresses to lighten their burdened wallets. Never too much to immediately notice, never too little to not make a dent.

She was proud of the training she'd put in with each member of her guild and makeshift family. None of them would betray her after all she'd done for them. They were safe from the street life of beggars and whores, instead asked to dance, sing, and enchant the clientele... And any snooping law enforcement.

The saavy businesswoman gave them a life worth living and marketable skills along with knowledge and cunning. The underhanded minx used them as just one of many lines of defense to protect her true business: Black Market trade.

Her humble trading post that she'd had to build up after her father had let it down was the very motivation she had for breathing. It gave her a way to still feel close to the late Mr. Parker and a purpose to carry on. She'd revamped the entire system and now stood at the top for lucrative arrangements where her father had only stayed small time.

This was home. With it's silk hanging drapes, plush floor pillows, decoratively carved tables, hand-crafted blown glass lamps... And the warehouse of questionable goods hidden below.

She let herself feel a small swelling of pride for all her accomplishments until a waitress came by with a list of drink orders and a full tip jar for Idina to empty.

"You're all doing well tonight. Tell the girls that the shifts change in thirty and to wear the skimpy outfits tonight. There are a few tough sells so I'm going to ante up the spirits. Be wary that the marks might be rowdy"

The waitress nodded and collected her drinks, walking off as if nothing of importance had been said. Idina watched her go, resuming her sharp watch of the bar's happenings.

The 'Desert Lotus' was busy and needed all of her focus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm
Enter a man with dark Arabic skin ad black, slicked hair. He seemed to be a very prominent young man, with a winning grin and a voice with an accent any woman would swoon over. But this man, he was more than he seemed. Looking like he wouldn't so much as let dirt touch his suit, he was a very famous tomb robber that miraculously, no one has been able to catch. And this was a place he frequented. In his pocket was a small ruby scarab nabbed from the desert shrines yet to be discovered. He expected quite a price for it.

A woman came up to him, intent to entertain. She knew him as a regular, and he gladly went to the side to chat with her as she danced for him. He gave her a total of 30 Kisos (Ackrland currency, total of about $18 ) and then asked her, "I would love to have my company with the owner, if she's in." His thick accent and deep voice piercing into her soul as he spoke. "I have a present for the desert flower."  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 pm
Before the girl could even turn around Idina was there, all smiles. "Have Amani watch the bar while I handle this business" she told the girl before turning to face the newcomer. She looked him up and down without even bothering to hide it and crossed her arms, using them to prop up her breasts at the same time.

Her bangles and jewelry clattered and jangled around her with every move, like the tinkling of bells singing each subtle guesture from the inhalation of breath to the seductive sway of her hips. Her tanned skin was complimented by her red silk dancer's outfit lined in golden thread.

She pulled the transparent hood of her thin wrap from her head to rest around her shoulders, the light glinting off of her golden headdress. Luscious ebony locks fanned out to wave her face in rich waves and her ruby lips curled into an impish grin.

"A present?" she asked in a crisp accent so unlike the deep and fluid tones of her countrymen due to the influence of her foreign father.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm
"Indeed, Cherie," he added with a coy smirk of his own. "If you don't mind, I would like to show you in private. It is a rather embarrassing present. But no doubt a perfect gift for a diamond like you." He was quite the flirt, but the reason being of his using the word 'diamond' was because it was often the code word for black market business.  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm
A hungry look filled Idina's eyes as she sauntered over to trail her fingertip down his front, toying with the collar of his shirt. "I feel that this can be arranged" she purred, leaning in to whisper the words against his ear.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as if about to kiss him but moved away at the last moment, her wrap draped around his neck. She tugged on the ends, leading him forward with a flirtatious sway to her hips, her long legs peeking out from the scandalously short front of her dancing skirt while the back of it swayed down around her ankles.

They reached a curtained off doorway and she got up into his face again, pressing her palms to his chest and maneuvering around him so that his back was to the opening. With a laugh she shoved him and followed him in, slamming the door behind her.

With the pretense out of the way she walked over and plopped down on her pillowed chaise in the decorative V.I.P. room reserved for business transactions and romantic rendezvous. She reclined and looked up at him with a bored yawn.

"Show me the goods, Fahim" she demanded, all previous sensuality erased and replaced by a shrewd woman of business sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 pm
Fahim followed like a man about to get some. He went towards the room about to do 'business,' but once the door was closed he was immediately a true man of actual business. His smirk faded, and in its place there was only a light smile, like he was content, but nothing exciting. He took out the scarab in his pocket, and it gleamed in the light. The ruby red back was banded with a gold head and decoration. He placed it on the center of the table for her to examine. "From the shrines in Nahi'iv. They've yet to be discovered. A rare find. Made of precious ruby and gold. Belonged to a royal wife, said to contain magic over love. I won't go for anything less than 138,000 kisos. ($82,800 ) If you can't comply I'll take my business elsewhere. Though you know I'm being generous."  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am
Idina narrowed her eyes at him and picked up the bauble, turning it over in her hands and examining every surface. "It is genuine and your offer is generous but you take me for blind if you think I would not notice the scratches. Damaged goods mean decreased price, especially fresh scratches" she murmered, holding up the scarab to show him scratches in the golden base molding.

A wicked smile came to her lips as she lowered her lashes. "Did you trip another booby trap in my tribesmen's tombs?" she asked sweetly, her voice dripping with false concern for him as well as her tribe. She'd been an outcast throughout her childhood for her half-blooded roots and was treated poorly by all but her mother until her father came to claim her.

"It is I that am being generous when I extend an offer of 130,000 kisos even. You're lucky I think it is pretty. I may keep it for myself" she sighed, handing the piece back to him so that he could decide. "And next time you dig an artifact out of a wall just chip the whole block of wall away to avoid product damage. Plus part of an ancient wall would up the price another 100,000 kisos depending on what's depicted in the relief" she advised.

It was good business sense to have her provider educated in better goods, though she knew the tutoring would be a stab to his pride as a tomb raider. She hardly cared, knowing that he'd planned to swindle her. She had to be able to turn a profit from what she sold and in it's current position she would've been paying shelf price.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 am
"Ah, you've got an eye," Fahim said, "I suppose I should put the scratches into account however..." He added quickly, "As beig a still undiscovered tomb and being of such precious stone I believe there is a story behind this piece. You see, the tribe living in the area close to where I discovered the tombs told me about the red-backed scarab that sucked the contaminated blood from a snake's venomous bite from the prince of a gleaming city. Such an important piece of such a fairytale would be quite a wonderful collection to any truly dedicated and educated mister or mistress... Thus, I'll perhaps meet in the middle. 134,000 kisos."  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am
Idina got to her feet slowly and walked over to stand in front of him, her eyes meeting his as she seemed to look right into the depths of his soul. Her golden eyes, the mark of her foreign blood, had an exotic richness that made them shine like precious metal.

"I accept your trade" she finally said after a pregnant pause, crossing her arms under her chest again. "Wait here while I gather your funds and we shall exchange over the table" she instructed, turning and walking over to what appeared to be a solid wall draped in cloth.

She pressed a hidden mechanism and a panel slid back barely big enough for her to enter even when crouched down. Her athletic skill as a dancer was her blessing to be able to maneuver and she shut the panel behind her.

A narrow corridor that was set with several doors leading to different treasury and archive rooms greeted her and she meanedered her way through the tunnel until she found the door she was looking for. Every door was identical and only she and a trusted few others knew the pattern to be able to tell what door lead where.

She entered her bank vault and went to her counting desk, grabbing a gilded box to fill with kisos. Then she began to count, letting her mind wander as she did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Once she left, Fahim let out a long exhale of relief. 134,000 kisos would be more than enough. Fahim knew this trade, he'd been doing so since he was a young boy, stealing from tombs and such out of spite for the damned foreigners that would steal from villagers like him, then he greedily sold things to go live in the big city.

He went to Torusa, and he saw what there was, and he suddenly knew what he would do for the rest of his life. He got an education at Curtesia, then returned here, stealing and pillaging and robbing for kisos, gold, cash and rupees all for a simple goal. In the meantime, he banded with foreign looters to get mass amounts of items, but somehow they got caught while he managed to slip away scot free.

He was like a fox, able to slip away from the law unprotected... But all that money must be traced somehow, so what did he do with that money if he didn't spend it? With the amounts he's gathered, he should have a mansion beside the ocean. Yet he lived in a hidden, modest hut, and not a villager nor a native ever ratted him out.

He truly was a man of mystery.

He looked about the room, knowing he would be a fool if he snooped around. Though he did take into account the nice decor and the extravagant, hidden treasures. 'It must have cost a fortune,' he thought, and sneered lightly, holding onto the ruby scarab gingerly, as if it were an egg that could crack under too much pressure.  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm
Idina chuckled as she slipped back into the room, noting Fahim's tension. It was part of her trade to be able to read others and it had saved her life a time or two just to be aware. "You think of the past" she mused, not asking so much as pointing out the truth.

"How queer, as when I was counting your payment I too allowed my thoughts to slip into the past. How different yet alike they are... If my information on you is correct that is. You've never been one to talk about yourself much so I'm sure my reports are more speculation than fact"

It was a gentle reminder that he was in her territory and shouldn't think to act against her. She was never the sort to resort to open shows of power unless it were unavoidable, instead hiding sharp threats beneath friendly conversation.

She set the box containing his kisos on th table between them but kept her hand on it until he would set down the scarab. It was an insurance that neither would swindle the other and both would get their due. However, she picked the box up to set in her lap, deciding there was more to negotiate.

"This new tomb... How much have you excavated of it? I won't ask for specifics so a simple 'a lot' or 'a little' will suffice. I ask because it pertains to the possibility of another transaction... A lucrative transaction" she added with emphasis.

Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff