Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Ackrland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Idina was all too happy to slip down from the phisket's back onto land. Unfortunately, after so long in the saddle her legs needed time to steady before they were ready to hold her weight. The result was her comical descent to the ground and then her knees automatically giving out on her.

She managed to catch herself with her hands but the damage to her fraying dignity had been done. It seemed that her whimsical trip was going to be a terribly humbling experience.

She shrugged it off, knowing that she had no need to hold her pride in high regard. It was good to be reminded that she was still human and get her hands dirty for a change.

Finally her knees seemed strong enough to cooperate and she climbed back to her feet and dusted herself off, not that the action did much. Looking at their location she frowned and then turned to Fahim expectantly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 pm
Fahim was whispering and petting the Phisket's snout, then gestured for it to rest in the sand. By the time he was finished, he went to unpack their things from the Phisket's back. Shovels, pack axes, and other things for the trip, icluding food. othing extravagant, lots of PB&J sandwiches and granola bars. He took a flashlight, a shovel and a prybar, then took a coil of rope. "Come on, what are you just standing around here for?" He asked, heading toward one of the sand hills.  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm
"I was standing around waiting for you to finish cuddling your pet and start leading the expedition" Idina snapped back, stomping her way in the sand behind him to catch up and nearly tripping twice.

She lugged her pack up onto her shoulders and adjusted her wrap since it had fallen loose. "Sorry, I didn't mean to loose my temper. I don't do well with heights" she confessed as she brushed her bangs out of her face.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm
"Ugh, it's hot." A young looking boy felt the top of his head and ran his hand through the black strands, wincing at how hot they already were. "I shouldn't have come. And I wouldn't have come but..." A small grin wormed it's way onto the boy's face. 'Magical items and treasures~' He looked around, excited, but then remembered he didn't know where he was. 'Right. Knew that.' He sighed, spirits once again dampened, as he dragged his feet along the sand. "Where's the nearest townnnnn?"

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 am
There were small camps and huts set up close by the boy. Just a few hundred feet away, and they seemed to be alright people. In fact, just a little ways closer and he would be able to see the holes dug into the ground. This little group were a handful of archaeologists, just waking up to have breakfast before another day of digging.

"Ah, well then you'll have a rough time with this, then." He said, and then started to dig up a tunnel that was covered by a few days of sand. The hill, it led to an empty cavernous brick made wall buried into the sand. He lit the light inside, and it was just small enough to crawl through. "Hurry now," he instructed, covering his face a little to avoid breathing in the dust and also to prepare his body for the sudden freezing chill inside. It was colder even than the desert in the middle of the night, and that was because the brick building, being covered in sand and forever in the shade, was well able to trap the cold air from the night.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 am
Idina followed him, gingerly folding herself in to fit through the small opening. "How did you even find this?" she asked in awe. Her voice was muffled by the bit of her wrap she held over her nose and mouth.

Once they were inside she squinted as her eyes adjusted to the poor lighting and she looked around expecting to see something of interest. All she was rewarded with was faded painted reliefs on the wall.

Still, the art was interesting so she lit up her own lantern to get a better look. She marvelled at the blocky art style and the richness of the depicted persons and animals. From what she could see there was certainly going to be things of interest further inside.

SunnyLore

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:16 pm
As the merchant boy dragged his feet along, he wondered if he was imagining things, or if he was really seeing a small camp nearby. 'Oh please please please! Be real! Be real!' He began to walk toward it, repeating the phrase in his head like a mantra, sometimes accidentally saying it out loud. The boy was so focused on the huts, he didn't notice a hole in the ground and fell into it. An immediate curse was launched from his mouth. "Damnit! I was so. Close!" Of course he wasn't, but from what he believed, the more you said something, the more you believed it.

The boy scowled and pushed himself out of the hole with ease. Thankfully, it wasn't too deep. Normally, he would have questioned why a hole was dug in the ground, but he disregarded it as he once again trudged towards the hut, the same mistake repeating itself again. "Damnit!" He pulled himself up, walked a few steps, and fell again. "DAMNIT. This isn't funny!" In the end, it was near noon when he finally made it to the huts, tired and worn out, irate at how long it took to get there. The boy fell forward onto the sand and rolled over onto his back. Now that he was here, he was thankful the huts were real, but damnit! Why were there so many holes?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 pm
"I'm a tomb robber, sweetheart, it's what I know how to do," Fahim replied to her question, taking a left as he lit the way with his flashlight. "Come on then, stay close. This place is literally a maze." Fahim seemed to be tossing something on the ground little by little from a small pouch as they walked. In the meantime, he was keeping his eye fixed on the floor. He didn't even care to look around at the glories of the artwork or the magnificence of being inside something so big. Even without seeing anything but hallways, it was obvious this place was huge.

"Anyone want eggs?!" A voice called from the distance, a woman serving eggs to the other workers. Compared to the other workers, this girl was... Pale. She was definitely not a native from this area. Heck, she didn't look like she was from Ackrland at all. Not to mention her voice was loud, and her accent undeniably American. "We've got a lot of adventure to find today! We'll make a breakthrough today, I can feel it! Hm?" She saw the boy lying face down in the sand, and she gasped, leaving the group to see if she could help the boy. "Oh, wow! Another outsider! You're not from these parts either, are you guy?" She tried to shake him awake. "You want some food and water? We have plenty, and you should know to keep yourself healthy and hydrated when in the desert!"  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am
Idina followed him closely as commanded but kept raising her lantern to look at interesting bits of art. Due to her fascination she managed to walk into his back every time he stopped or else stepped on the back of his shoes. "Sorry" she would offer every time, but her attention was rivetted to the walls and the fantastic art on them.

"It is incredible... I feel sad for you that you are no longer dazzled by this. You seem jaded and greedy now. I am sure when you first started you were as amazed as I am now" she said, finally bothering to look at him instead of the painted stone.

"You were probably so cute with your eyes widened by wonder and your jaw agape with awe" she chuckled softly. The humor left her slowly and she looked back to the walls again. "It is a shame when we are no longer humbled by what we do" she sighed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:04 pm
"I didn't do any of this," Fahim started, "It's hard to be humbled by something I had no part in. Try not to make so much noise, voices echo and bounce in here, you might cause a cave-in or a predator to hear you." Finally he made it to where he was hoping to be. "Ah," Fahim said, and saw in the center, a pedestal that was just a rise in the floor the size of a coffin. On top of the pedestal was the bones of a man, but bigger, and the legs didn't look right. The head looked more like a bull. On the pictures around the pedestal, it was pictures of people being devoured by a monster with a human torso, then a bull's legs and head. It was the image of the Minotaur. This was the remains of the fabled minotaur, and they were in the labyrinth.

Fahim swept the bones away carelessly with the dust. the brittle bones cracked onto the floor, and Fahim went to one side of the pedestal. "Grab onto the lid and drag to your right," he instructed.  

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunnyLore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:37 pm
She didn't rush to obey his orders, too fascinated by the skeleton and wall reliefs. She could hear him shifting impatiently but ignored him in favor of soaking up what she could with greedy abandon. He may not have felt anything bust she did and it was invigorating.

Finally having her fill she did as instructed, grunting from the weight of the stone slab. Her foot slipped and she stumbled, scraping her knee on the rough stone floor but otherwise fine.

She didn't complain, just got back to her task even though she was fairly certain the scratch was bleeding. Fahim didn't seem like the kind who would stop so she could bandage herself so she didn't bother to bring it up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:38 am
'Anyone want eggs? I sure as hell do.' The boy lazily rolled over as someone shook him and looked up to see an extremely pale girl. In the desert? Well this wasn't very normal. He took a few seconds to digest the information she gave him, before nodding. "I'd like that..." He blushed in embarrassment when the girl told him to keep himself hydrated. He knew that, but hadn't brought enough food to keep himself healthy, and had run out the day before. He pushed himself to a sitting position, and from there pushed himself up to stand before sticking out his hand. "I'm Alphonse."

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am
"Isra," the woman said with a grin. "You need help getting to the camp? Well hydrate you and get some food in your system. What are you doing in the middle of the desert, anyway? You're not a tomb robber, are you?" She asked, offering him to lean on her while they headed to the camp.

Fahim looked inside, it was pretty dusty, and he made sure to not be in immediate danger from what was inside the tablet. God, there were so many bones. But there were also pearls, jewels, gold and other things that adorned the decaying skeletons.

What he didn't know was that there was a creature that smelled blood, and made a bit of a hiss. Five of its tribe were also in the shadows, eyes fixed on the one that was making the scent of blood. Of the two creatures that could often be found in tombs that devoured blood, this was of the least concern, but the most terrifying in appearance. The size of a human, it had bat wings and a bat's upturned nose and ears, but scaled in different colors like lizards, and part of the wings glowed in the dark. To Idina, it would look like they were being surrounded by harmless lightning bugs.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:15 pm
Idina looked up at the sound of a hiss, her mind automatically fearing snakes. She looked over at Fahim to see if he'd heard it too but his attention was diverted elsewhere.

She looked beyond the glow of her lantern and squinted, trying to make out the sound's origin. What she saw were floating little lights that danced and bobbed near the ceiling.

Her brow furrowed with confusion. "Fahim... Can fireflies live in tombs?" she asked, trying to make out more of the lights that were coming closer. "Because I think I see fireflies"

SunnyLore

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 pm
Alphonse opened his mouth to politely decline, but decided against it when his felt his knees shake. "...I'd like that." He leaned on Isra and murmured his thanks before responding to her questions. "I heard there were rare goods here. It struck my interest as a merchant, not as a robber. I don't do robberies. I'd like to think I'm a pretty fair and honest person." '...That sliced a girl's eye by accident.' He grimaced slightly before smiling at the woman.

Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff