Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Ackrland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm
Fahim looked over Idina's way, and he moved slowly, allowing his muscles to relax a little, yet didn't once forget where he was. One wrong move, he could get killed. His eyes lightened a bit at her mention of a 'lucrative transaction.' "Oh, I see. Well, I've walked through enough to know that where I've dug an entrance, there is a throne room, a hallway and a room with scrolls and where I found this precious item." He replied. "So I should say more than a little, but not a lot." He kept the ruby in his hand, noticing that she hasn't yet given the gesture that the transaction was a go. What exactly did she expect from him? "As for myself, I'm good at what I do, that should be enough for your interests."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm
She nodded in agreement to his own skill assessment. "Were we not good at what we do we would not be living long enough to do it" she mused with a bit of morbid humor.

She caressed the box with her fingertips and looked at it pensively. "It is your skill I am relying on. I feel that I am lacking in proper understanding of just what it is that you're forced to do. Of course I've read documents and been regaled by boastful tales but... I would assume that nothing compares to firsthand experience. I want to be well-rounded in all aspects of what it is that I do and so I've a proposition for you"

Idina took a deep breath and in a rare moment she appeared uncertain before her cool confidence was back. "There is another 100,000 kisos if you allow me to accompany on your next retrieval mission. I will not hinder you in the process and I will not freely take your wares. I'm there as a casual observer and possibly an extra helping hand"

Her eyes met his and she stared, showing her resolve in the matter. "I'm aware that it is dangerous, but I've never balked at it before. This is all in the interest of bettering myself and by proxy my business. You are the only one I would trust in this, Fahim"

Her words said she put the box down again, letting it drop slightly so he could hear the extra weight caused by the added 100,000 kisos. This time she openly removed both hands before he even put the scarab down, blatantly displaying the trust he'd earned from her.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 pm
Fahim blinked at the proposal. For the first time looking thoroughly lost. Then he watched her put the kisos down, and removed herself before the scarab was on the desk. He looked at her, for what seemed like forever. Then he spoke gravely. "This isn't the market," he said, "To have trust in those who work for you. The next moment they can be your worst enemy. You will be betrayed, imprisoned or even killed if you let your guard down so freely for anyone." He looked at the Kisos, then at the scarab in his hand. He thought about the kisos... He thought about the proposal.

He set the scarab down. "I cannot be responsible for what might happen. A cave can collapse. A corpse might be embalmed in Cinnabar made into mercury gas. Another looter may come as well, one more ferocious. Police may come, and they may try to arrest us. It is a dangerous venture, and by taking you, I also entrust some of my secrets to you. If you were to speak against me to anyone, you may have information to cripple my investment. So it may be better for me if you didn't in fact, come with me. Or if I did, I would have to wish for your failure. I would not slow down for you, and all gentlemanly charms I hold will be erased. You will have to keep up and keep silent. The trip would be purely for your education, and in any attempt to spite me I swear that consequences will be dire, do I make myself clear?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 pm
She stood and walked over to him, extending her hand for him to take. "Do not take me for some simpering ingenue, Fahim. You know me well enough to know that I do not fawn over pretty words. If I tell you I am serious then you know it to be true. I've just put a pricetag on my own life in a gamble of trust so you will not condescend and insult me in this moment. I know the risks I have taken and still I choose to have faith in you"

She reached for his hand and clasped it in both of hers. "We have an accord. I can be ready as early as the morning so long as I am given advance tell of when we are expected to depart. I'm not so foolish to wear my gowns in the deserts but I do need to ask if I'm expected to bring my own tools or if they will be provided for me. And perhaps a list of what those tools might be"

A tiny blush grazed the tops of her cheeks as she admitted her ignorance but she didn't look away from him. "Thank you" she said under her breath.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 am
Fahim looked up at her. A 'yes' would have been enough. But she was terribly passionate about this. He heard the 'thank you,' he friggin' heard it. With the scarab still secure in one hand, and his other preoccupied with both of hers, he smiled and stood up. He looked at her, taking one of her hands in the hand she held, and placed the scarab gingerly into her palm. Then, he closed her fingers with both of his hands. "You're welcome." He said clearly.

He looked in her eyes for a little while with the greatest care, before letting go and taking the Kisos under his arm. "WELL, miss Idina, be sure to have a flashlight and a helmet tomorrow morning at 3am. We leave sharp, have something warm, get a good evening's sleep and leave the rest to me!" He opened the door and didn't leave her any 'buts' or 'what ifs.' "It'll just be the two of us, you want a team, it'll cost you more. Ciao, princess, I'll see you before the sun rises." With that, he closed the door and was on his way out.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:37 am
She watched the door close and then let herself relax, falling to land on her hindquarters and letting out a sigh. She had honestly expected him to flat out refuse her and when he didn't she thought she was going to faint from shock.

Idina knew he probably only agreed due to the incentive money and the chance of watching her make a total fool of herself but he'd still agreed. That was what she'd wanted and getting it was a victory.

There was the task of preparing her things to be done and arranging for things to be handled while she was away. She trusted Amani, her right hand woman, to take care of things.

Set with her plans to get everything in motion she spoke to Amani at the bar and had one of the girls help her pack her things. She packed lightly, but wisely and had a suitable outfit of tan trousers, a safari shirt, a helmet, and a feminine royal blue wrap that she would wear to protect herself from sand, dust, and to remind everyone that she was a woman.

With everything set she had someone on watch at the door to fetch her the moment Fahim arrived and she went to rest in her lavish bedchamber. She knew it was going to be a while before she got to enjoy sleeping in such luxury so she was determined to enjoy it. When her mind refused to calm down she helped it along with a nightcap and settled into slumber.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:35 pm
"Rise and shine, Mon ami!" Fahim's voice invaded her dreams as he banged on a pan with a spoon next to her ear. "It's time to go, don't dawdle, we've got to be there before the sun rises!" It was only 2:30... He was a half hour early.

He went over and lit up the lanterns in the room to wake her up, and tore the comforter from her person. There he was, shouting, "You have warm clothes?! It's freezing out there! And I pray you've remembered a flashlight and helmet because if you fall behind I won't turn back for you, and the hallways are literally a maze."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:09 pm
Idina opened her eyes slowly, her hand slipping out from under her pillow to cover herself since her nightdress was on the revealing side. The action was more to draw attention away from the pillow- where she'd been gripping the hilt of a dagger until assessing that she wasn't in peril- and to her expression, which was far from thrilled.

She slipped out of bed and walked to her armoire, opening the carved doors to retrieve her traveling clothes that she'd prepared the night before. "If you intend to stay as I dress it is advised that you turn your back or lose your front" she finally said sharply, the only indication of her displeasure.

"I should probably act surprised that you slipped past my guards and found my private chamber but then you are a tomb robber... Such underhanded behavior is expected of you" she sighed.

When he made no indication to turn away she shrugged and walked behind her dressing screen in the corner and set about a quick rinsing of her skin with the water and cloth in a basin waiting for her then donned her clothes and pulled her hair back into a limp ponytail.

As she walked out she fixed her wrap around her person and slid her feet into functional and sensible shoes. It was awkward to be dressed so plainly and she missed the mask that makeup provided and the jingle of pretty jewelry.

"Do you approve?" she asked, not looking at him as she bent to pick up her pack of belongings and tools she'd bring along. From a bowl placed near the door she grabbed a fig and bit into it, figuring her comrade had already eaten.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:02 pm
"Ah, it'll do," He lied. Truthfully it was a little humbling to see her in such plain clothing. He loved to see rich ones in dirty clothes. Indeed he had already eaten, and was ready to leave. "Well then, I'll leave you to lead our way out. If you see a guard or two on the ground, don't be alarmed... They're only asleep." Getting to her room was cake. But getting out, well, he rather she be there to take the first steps. There was already commotion of some intruder. He didn't want to get shot at as he was i too good a mood to cause any deaths today.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm
"I appreciate your use of restraint" she mused, walking out and shutting the door behind him when he joined her in the hall. She took note of a guard laying against the wall unconscious and frowned but continued onward.

After a few minutes of leading him down a needlessly longer route that would throw off any sense of direction he might have they came out from a doorway located behind the bar behind another hidden wall panel.

A few of the women she employed were there to see her off and quickly swarmed around her to wish her well, give her small tokens that might help in her travels, offer advice, and give her warm hugs and pecks on the cheek.

Idina's eyes lit up and a rare but entirely genuine and unguarded smile lit up her face as she gave a quick farewell to each girl and made a few final arrangements.

The gaggle of women reluctantly broke away and watched her go with mixed expressions ranging from worry, sadness, and a few knowing grins here and there that were directed between her and Fahim.

She gave one last wave and walked out into the street, waiting for Fahim to join her and take over the lead.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:35 pm
Fahim followed closely down the path, and then noticed the girls, and gave the women their moment. As they parted, he looked back at the girls and gave them a wink. He turned and walked quicker past Idina, taking her toward a Phisket. A Phisket was a creature native only to the deserts of Ackrland. It was one of the best ways to travel. It was fast as a horse, though like a camel, it packed a lot, and could go weeks without food or water. It also had large reptilian wings for short glides in case of cracks, danger or cliffs. It couldn't completely fly, but the wings were often handy. IT was an ugly thing, but useful. "Your carriage, my lady." Fahim said, letting her on first so that he may take the reins and lead them onward. The Phisket stomped a few times and made a gurgling, screeching sound. "Calm, Drury, good boy... Be patient to the little lady."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 pm
Idina looked at the creature warily and when it stomped the ground she backed up a few steps until she bumped into Fahim. The grin on his face told her he saw her anxiety and a stubborn urge to prove him wrong spurned her into action, approaching the phisket gingerly while whispering soothing words to it.

She reached out and lightly pressed her fingertips to its side then slowly pet it a few times. Once she felt a bit more comfortable she tried to figure out how to mount it. She had no idea, used to either walking or traveling by drawn carriage.

Finally she let out a defeated sigh and looked to Fahim for assistance. "I am not sure what I need to do" she admitted.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 am
Fahim gave a light smirk, then went to the Phisket, patting the side of its neck. He clicked his tongue twice, and the Phisket sat down. Fahim then went to Idina and gestured to get her up to sit barebacked between the two humps. "Drury is an easy ride, though when riding one, have a leg on both sides. It should only take a couple hours if we gallop, so hold tight to me. If he glides, don't look down. Also, try not to make any sounds other than words. Even a sigh is a command, and he will do that command accordingly. That could spell death for us. It takes training to steer one." He helped her up onto the hump, and then Fahim took the reins and made a hissing snake sound, and the Phisket automatically went on a gallop.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:37 am
Idina wasn't even afforded time to protest or ask what sounds would get them killed. They went from perfectly stationary to full gallop in an instant and she swallowed a yelp in favor of wrapping her arms tightly around Fahim so she wouldn't fall off.

She squeezed her eyes shut and ducked her head down so that her cheek was pressed to the center of his back. Words failed her as she tried not to yelp in panic or snap at him in her distress.

Each time they crossed a hill or galloping turned to gliding her grip on him would tighten until she was pressed so close to him they were practically skin-to-skin. She was totally unaware of it, too busy using him as her grip.

SunnyLore

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 am
Fahim would continue his journey, fully aware of the terrified grip she had on him. He smiled inwardly. Almost two hours of riding later, some commands were easy to understand. A sigh was an immediate swerve left, and a quick yelp was an immediate swerve right. It was a pretty graceful creature, despite its appearance. A 'HA!' was to glide, and a 'whew!' was to slow down. To go faster, he would make the snake sound. One click of the tongue was to jump. A grunt and a growl was left and right.

Finally, they were there. Idina could tell since Fahim gave a long sigh, and the Phisket halted. The place looked absolutely desolate, and the wind blew, making the sand whip to the sky. But the sun was just rising, so though it wasn't hot, it was a little chilly. That would change quickly, however. There was one massive hill of sand, ad a few more in the distance, but that's it.  
Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff