Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Do you consider Hades evil? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Instant Karmaaaa

Hilarious Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 am
Every Hollywood movie I see about mythology Hades is the evil God. Of course Hollywood always stretches things. But in your opinion, do you think Hades is evil? Is he the worst out of his brothers. Personally, I disagree. That's my opinion though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:56 am
No, but he has been put through some crap by his brothers, getting stuck with the underworld to rule, it would make most people/ gods bitter.  

ChaosEntities

Etoiles_Grace

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:46 am
I don't think he's evil at all!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 pm
hades is just misunderstood thats all  

kiwisbabydoll

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:52 pm
He's not evil, blast it! stressed
Although he may be in need of medication every now and then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:52 pm
I think Hades is just misunderstood. He is the God of the underworld which makes him distant from the other Gods. I don't think the other Gods visit him much either. Every second hearing the screams of spirits begging for mercy could get you pretty annoyed. I think he jut needs a break for maybe just a century or 2. Maybe a Millennium, ya know, to get him all rested up. But yea, II think he has the highest tolerance level and other characteristics that his brothers lack. All and all, if he got a break, he would be the best out of the brothers.  

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

TaisiaTuaMagia

Lazy Cat

14,015 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 am
He isn't evil. Hollywood views him as Christians would...he is the god of the Underworld; this encompasses both the mythological aspects of heaven AND hell. To a Christian, heaven is in the sky with Zeus and Hell in beneath our feet (for some) and that simply isn't how it works in the Greek pantheon.
I think that, being the eldest son, he did get shafted out of his inheritance but whatcha gonna do? For that I can understand bitterness.
I hate Zeus and Poseidon. Both were jerks. Hades was the most tame.
Let us not forget that he was also the god of wealth...money is NEVER evil wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 am
He isn't evil! He is just different and does things differently according to his ways, i think he is pretty cool  

R e II L o ll i e S

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150

Uncommonly Common

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 pm
iMiranda Panda
Every Hollywood movie I see about mythology Hades is the evil God. Of course Hollywood always stretches things. But in your opinion, do you think Hades is evil? Is he the worst out of his brothers. Personally, I disagree. That's my opinion though.

just becouse your the god of the underworld does not mean you are evil and only coming up on the winter solstice i dont blame him for being moody.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 am
I bet it gets tiring having to sort them out, seriously even I would get moody, not evil, moody, so I thinks that's why Hades is so bitter.  

Etoiles_Grace

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am
Misunderstood...Yes! Evil.....HECK NO! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm
I do not believe he is evil, he's just misunderstood.  

x Varda x

stanptg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 pm
i agree wiht everyone that says he is not evil, but misunderstood.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:42 pm
Well, I don't know, I think we're possibly being a little too sympathetic here.

It is true, Hades was not evil, inasmuch as any of the gods were. He was a just god and the ruler of paradise as well as perdition. Morally, one would have to designate him as 'neutral'.

He was, however, a fearsome, stern, unforgiving and greedy king, who hoarded the dead like treasure and had not an ounce of pity in his heart. He was the abductor of his own neice to be his wife, and as his brothers were prone to do, he cheated on her with the nymph Minthe (although Persephone isn't blameless either; see Adonis).

The ancient Greeks were terrified of Hades. His very name meant 'the unseen' and the large number of epithets used to describe him (Polydegmon, he who recieves many) all indicate that speaking of him was generally to be avoided. He had no temples, and prayers to him were made while bashing one's head against the earth. As far as the Hellenes were concerned, to invoke the attention of Hades was to invite death into their lives.  

Akherontis
Captain

Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas