Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
2012, your opinion? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will 2012 end the world?
  No.
  Yes.
View Results

jadebeast10

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm
I just thought i might get some thoughts on the 2012 theory, do you believe something will happen? if so, what?
P.S. If you don't agree with what someone else says, don't start an argument, just say what you think.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:59 pm
Naaah. I think we're all going to be fine.  

The Definite Article

9,925 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Super Sarah IT Girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm
Eh. It's no different than the y2k scare. I don't know anything about the theory, but nothing is gonna happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:59 pm
My theory: the Mayans got lazy and randomly decided to end time in 2012.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:03 pm
the calander was a circle... it just loops back around, its nothing really. if anything does happen it will be good.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm
The world is just an illusion...

Actually my science teacher was talking to us about all this. The Maians messed up, the year should have actually been 2010, not 2012. So it should have already happened. Did anything happen? Nope, now it's just hours away from being 2011. biggrin

...Trying to change you

Synical Dreamer

Friendly Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200

Synical Dreamer

Friendly Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm
AmeliaParadox
the calander was a circle... it just loops back around, its nothing really. if anything does happen it will be good.

I wish I had your hair, you look super amazing whee  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:20 pm
Correction: The Mayan Long-Count Calender doesn't contain mistakes. Given, it WAS SUPPOSED to end in 2010, but for some unknown reason, they added two extra years on to it so that it would end on December 21, 2012. It's not a mistake, it's just an imperfect calendar.

The Mayan Calendar is NOT the only ancient device/record of the world "ending" in 2012. The Chinese, Indians, Native Americans, and even some Aborigine tribes claimed 2012 as some determining and powerful year in time.

The Mayans, and all the others who made calendars like this, never intended to say that world would end in 2012. There's one thing in common with all of these calendars: There will be a cataclysmic event in 2012.
Curiously, the sun will come to it's peak of one of it's cycles where there's in increase in solar flare activity. Also, there will be some interesting alignments in space during that year, and especially on December 21.

However, the Mayan Long-Count Calendar claims 3 events:
1. A giant flood destroying much of their land (NOT the entire world)
2. Some kind of space alignment/sun activity which will trigger some destructive events on Earth (which has actually been scientifically proven will most likely happen)
3. The second coming of "The Men of Wisdom" or "Star People" (their Gods)

Reason 1 and 2 are why the calendar ends in 2012, Reason 3 is why it ends on December 21 of that year. Apparently, "The Men of Wisdom" who gave them the knowledge to make the calendar, will return to bring knowledge to the world once again, and a new calendar will be created.

The world WILL NOT end. There may be some catastrophes, but there are some EVERY year, same with alignments. A flood, probably. Likely some internet outages and satellite disruptions due to solar flares, and possibly a Celestial Visitation from "Star People" who will bring knowledge to us.
LOL to the last one? Well, the Mayans were completely serious.
Maybe aliens DO exist? The Mayans sure thought so.  

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

xXHell ShadowXx

6,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:28 pm
well what i think of this so called "worlds gonna end on so and so" i mean they said this about 2003, 2005 and 2007 and now 2012
i believe they do this for the money, i mean if people panic and s**t they buy food and drinks and all extra clothing and shelter
so i believe they r just ******** around with ppl i mean come on people think about it
and god is a fake  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:35 pm
I think a bunch of crazies are going to commit suicide so they can die on their own terms while we skeptics laugh and drink champagne.

Sorry, I'm in a dark mood today.  

Mistress Le Gasp

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:30 am
nah i'm pretty sure some stuff is gonna happen but in the end we still get to watch 2012 in 2013 and laugh remembering how funny it was watching your neighbor put up defence weapons waiting for the aliens to come destroy the world  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:47 am
User Image
Fallen Angel, take flight...

If we die, we die.

...Take flight with your broken wings.
User Image

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am
User Image

----------------------------------------------

Sounds like a load of hogwash, like the Y2K scare. But I just know people are going to act like a bunch of damn fools at the end of the year. I'm just glad that I turn 21 in February, so I can legally buy a firearm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:49 am
nah, i don't think so, have anybody heard about the psychic twins, they make predictions, that are real ones, it's pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tehx5zMLiY  

xARTPOPx

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:07 pm
No, there's nothing in the Mayan calendar that suggests the world will end in 2012.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff