Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Another day, another smiting (Pinakip and Kinang) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:05 pm
Kinang rolled over and stood up when she heard birdsong. It was time to get moving again. She would just have to make sure Pinakip was up, as it was Pinakip who had decreed that they would start their day with the birds.

Luckily, Pinakip was also standing up and shaking herself awake.

"Morning, sister," said Kinang, and, not really sarcastically, added "Have any prophetic dreams?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:21 pm
Pinakip gasped, amazed. "How did you know Sister!? Are you finally giving up your unbelief!?" She trotted in a circle around her happily. "We must go and remind those meerkats of Father's coming. He's not happy that they have continued with their heathen ways and mocked him with their slanderous mouths. It would be so sad if he smote them."  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 pm
Kinang sighed. Again with the meerkats.
"I was just being polite, Pina, I was just asking. I don't think the meerkats are going to pay any attention to you. Or care what Dad thinks. I mean, he's doesn't even know them, we don't even know where he is, and they're not going to get smote anyway."

Pinakip insisted on believing that random accidents like stepping in elephant mess was smiting. Kinang thought of them as what they were- random accidents.

"I don't think it counts as having a slanderous mouth if they're just going about their business, anyway."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm
"Kinang." Pinakip was very serious. "They kicked dirt clumps at me." This was a very serious infringement on all that was holy. Literally.

"They've disrespected Father's scions. And they not only called me names. But they made fun of Father! And of course he knows about it or he wouldn't have sent me that dream!"

She sighed sadly, it was such a shame that Kinang was still as unenlightened as ever. "Come. Let's get breakfast and then find those heathens again."

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 am
"Ok, let's go find breakfast."

Kinang was hoping that if they had to hunt for long enough, Pinakip would just forget about the meerkats, although she wasn't counting on it. Nothing ever worked out that easily for her; she had been lucky to get away for a few hours and chat with that male. Who would, no doubt, also be a heathen according to her sister, so it probably wasn't even worth bringing up. Besides, any talk of yesterday or dreams would just bring up the meerkats again.

"What do you want today? Some carrion? Some wildebeest? I think I saw a few elands wandering around, they're good eating."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm
"Carrion will do. We must get a move on. Those poor meerkats need saving." Pinakip said and started sniffing the air to see if she could catch the scent of any easy to come by food. "Where did you run off to yesterday anyway?" She hoped Kinang was behaving. Pinakip really hated when Kinang caused a scene.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Kinang's ears flattened a bit. She would rather not tell Pinakip about Kuiba - she might scare him away, and then she wouldn't have anyone normal to talk to again. Hopefully a quick meal would distract her again.

"I think I smell something over to the west aways. Not far, and probably fairly fresh. I didn't smell it yesterday. I just went for a walk, and had a chat with some of the locals. Found a necklace, and put it on a rock to return it. Nothing exciting. I guess your interview with the meerkats was a lot more exciting."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 am
"How will that help return the necklace?" Pinakip asked as she started trotting off in the direction Kinang had indicated. "It's not like it was the owners personal rock. Anyone could just take it." She snuffled around for the scent that her sister had picked up. "After all, all the locals are heathens. They probably have no moral compass whatsoever. Are you sure you smelt something in this direction, Kinang?"  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:59 pm
"The necklace is more obvious there to someone looking for it then it is lost in the grass, Pina. I have a little faith in people, that's all, heathens or no. And yes, look; fresh eland carcass. My favorite."

As the two went over a rise in the ground, the carcass came into view. Kinang ran at the vultures dancing attendance on the corpse to scare them off, and settled down to start eating. Elands were good eating, and usually had too much meat on them for whatever brought them down to eat alone. They had gotten lucky with this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:59 am
"Father has blessed you with an amazing nose, Sister." Pinakip said admiringly and gave a small prayer of thanks to her father for the bounty then trotted over to help her sister eat what was left of the eland. And what a delicious eland it was. "I think today is going to be a great day, Kinang!" She gave out a good cackle of joy. "Maybe after I tell those meerkats what for we can check on your necklace. If it's still there, maybe we can actually look for the owner."  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm
"Father doesn't know anything about my nose, Pinakip, he's never met me."
Kinang ripped into the eland's haunch and chewed vigorously before replying to Pina again.
"I don't think the meerkats will listen no matter what you do, sister. Why don't you just leave them so we can find somewhere to settle down? Somewhere nice, somewhere with some other hyenas."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:29 pm
"Just because we haven't met father doesn't mean he's not watching Kinang. Of course he knows about your wonderful nose." Pinakip tsked at her. "As for the meerkats, I have to try at least once more. It would be absolutely horrible if Father eradicated them and they would have converted with just one more visit. As for other hyenas... Perhaps they would be more open to Father's teachings. I don't see why we couldn't find a territory with some in them."  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm
"I think if Father really was a god he would want us to settle down and be happy with a mate,"Kinang said, hoping Pina wouldn't lecture her on "if he was a god" or the horrible prospects of mating with a heathen. Though Kinang didn't know how she would go about finding someone willing to deal with Pinakip's craziness. She was used to it, and she had been used to her mother, and she still got exasperated.

Maybe she should just try to find a crazy hyena and set him up with Pina and they could argue about each other's crazy and raise crazy pups.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 pm
Pinkip considered that for a moment. "Kinang. It makes me sad that you have so much doubt." She shook her head a little. "And I think you are right, Father would want us to be happy. Are you not happy traveling with me and spreading the reach of our father's worship? No, I suppose not, an unbeliever wouldn't be happy. It pains me to know that we will be parted by our beliefs one day sister."

Pinakip lost her appetite at the idea of losing her sister to the punishments awaiting the heathens.

"Besides, it'd be a hassle finding just the right male. We are the daughters of a god. We have responsibilities to the next generations. They must be strong, and honorable, and good believers. Not to mention their morals must be above reproach..."

She may have lost her appetite (and mind) but she could prattle indefinitely, unfortunately.

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am
"I'm sure there is some hyena out their who you can convert to the cause, sister. Although it would probably be easier if you had some miracles to show them that actually looked like . . . miracles, and not those who offend you stepping in dung or finding barely rotten carrion."

Kinang refrained from bringing up Kuiba - still. She was sure Pinakip would not find him acceptable, but if Pina decided to focus her own attentions on finding the perfect male, she might have less time to object to Kinang's new . . .friend.

"If you're full, are you ready to move on? Hopefully to someplace with hyenas?"

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces