Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
[SPOILERS!] Rant of Death Note confusion... What happened?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  Completely!
  I'm a hater.
View Results

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:30 pm
So, if you've seen the Death Note anime, you know that the ending was different from the one in the manga. I suppose they made it different so that it wouldn't offend some people, but...
Does anyone know who that woman was at the end of the manga? And where was Light? He was supposed to go to Nothingness with EVERYONE ELSE, and, yet they did not show him there. What? Oh, you mean to say that it was a cliffhanger? IT'S THE END OF THE SERIES, WRITERS! -.-
Anyway, the alternate ending was much better. Here's the link for those who care:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8fM2FBL_A  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 pm
I'm confused. Can you show a link to the woman in the ending? And the alternate shown here was really cool. I like both versions. I agree the cliffhanger sucked though but him suffering each death even if he did manage to strike a deal is awesome poetic justice.

But yes what woman? o.0 Do you mean L? L was at the end of the Anime as a ghost or apparition or something. So was Misa before she committed suicide after putting in blue contacts for some weird reason. o.0 Seriously who puts in colored contacts before jumping off a building?

If you mean Naomi she was the one who figured out Kira killed with more than heart attacks first but Light intercepted her when she was trying to contact the Task Force.

*Edit - the Kira our savior lady was just a random fan. The creators said they just needed someone. She has no name. Basically a talking fleshprop or extra.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:30 pm
That's dumb. They should have had someone significant at the ending. Then again, I shouldn't judge because they are published and I am not... Yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
I'm confused. Can you show a link to the woman in the ending? And the alternate shown here was really cool. I like both versions. I agree the cliffhanger sucked though but him suffering each death even if he did manage to strike a deal is awesome poetic justice.

But yes what woman? o.0 Do you mean L? L was at the end of the Anime as a ghost or apparition or something. So was Misa before she committed suicide after putting in blue contacts for some weird reason. o.0 Seriously who puts in colored contacts before jumping off a building?

If you mean Naomi she was the one who figured out Kira killed with more than heart attacks first but Light intercepted her when she was trying to contact the Task Force.

*Edit - the Kira our savior lady was just a random fan. The creators said they just needed someone. She has no name. Basically a talking fleshprop or extra.

Well, Misa was NEVER really the sharpest knife in the drawer...

And at the end they showed the people Light killed, or were just important in the anime -.-  

thanatica

Shy Seraph

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:32 pm
roxy4816
Kari Twilight Mist

And at the end they showed the people Light killed, or were just important in the anime -.-

Misa was smarter than she acted, though. And I don't think Light killed a baby.
Yes, fans. There was a BABY in Nothingness. That depressed me more than anything. You would think that babies would go to heaven, but no. crying I sure HOPE that Light would not kill a baby.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 am
Ok: I own the 13th manga, which is simply a big Death Note encyclopedia written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, the story writer and artist. In the book, there was a part where they explained that the woman at the end of the 12th manga "was nobody"

I think we should take that into consideration.

Also, I think that that's why they didn't show him in MU (Nothingness), because it's nothingness. If it's nothingness, what is there to show? I was a little confused, but that's where the 13th manga the Encyclopedia of Death Note comes in handy!!! wink

Edit: also, the alternate ending wasn't bad, but it left too many loose ties to allow it to end that way. ^.^  

Tori1986

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm
Tori1986
Ok: I own the 13th manga, which is simply a big Death Note encyclopedia written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, the story writer and artist. In the book, there was a part where they explained that the woman at the end of the 12th manga "was nobody"

I think we should take that into consideration.

Also, I think that that's why they didn't show him in MU (Nothingness), because it's nothingness. If it's nothingness, what is there to show? I was a little confused, but that's where the 13th manga the Encyclopedia of Death Note comes in handy!!! wink

Edit: also, the alternate ending wasn't bad, but it left too many loose ties to allow it to end that way. ^.^

Yes, I own it too. I didn't at the time that I posted this, hence my confusion. The creators probably just put that woman at the end to confound loyal readers such as myself xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:36 pm
Clover_IceQueen
roxy4816
Kari Twilight Mist

Misa was smarter than she acted, though. And I don't think Light killed a baby.
Yes, fans. There was a BABY in Nothingness. That depressed me more than anything. You would think that babies would go to heaven, but no. crying I sure HOPE that Light would not kill a baby.

He only killed criminals, though...talk about kid criminal if he DID kill off babies. o.O  

thanatica

Shy Seraph

Death Note Guild Main Forums

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces