Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]
Do you like creepy things? (Not for the faint-hearted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creepy s**t?
  OH YEAH
  *cowers in a corner*
View Results

Lexenos the Gypsy Bard

10,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 pm
User Image

I'm hooked on things like Pokemon Black and Haunted Majora's Mask.

The only reason I can sleep at night is by telling myself this s**t is staged, fake.

Found a channel called "Chiller," I'd call it my new favorite channel except that I'd only be able to watch it on occasion.

There was an apparently real home-video of a ghost haunting a house. It didn't scare me, not even when the one of the bells he'd hung on like fishing wire/string whatever nailed at ankle height flew violently off its nails with a tight twang or when the mother grabbed a knife and the next shot she was standing there with her wrists slit, until all went to hell at the end, and the psychic ended up dead, and the sister was suddenly in her underwear and apparently being clawed to death and you heard her death gurgle and you don't know if that's the boy picking up the camera at the end, but all three end up dead and the mother kills herself.

This will be the second night in a row that I have to sleep with my lights on.

I'm crazy about creepy s**t. So what about you? What tv shows or uban myths have you seen that you have to tell yourself are fake? Preferably not personal experiences, since those are actually real, but you can toss those in too if you'd like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:48 pm
I would love to play a Pokemon Black ROM. I got pretty obsessed with Pokemon Hacks myself. I had all of the ones the guy talked about as well as Momon and Quartz. It sounds fun, but it is a game. No haunting there. I really don't believe that spirits have the power to physically do anything. I do believe in possessions, but they are rare. Something with no body can not physically do anything. Even in mythology (the little Greek I know), the gods tend to only do things through animals or possessed humans. Call me skeptic, but it is how I see it. If they did have so much power, how come we do not see their stories everywhere. There are far more people who die with unfulfilled lives than the living. There must be thousands of lost souls who want to carelessly kill other people for no apparent reason, right. LOL  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Lexenos the Gypsy Bard

10,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 pm
User Image

I agree. You'd have to have a scarily strong spirit that's racked up a lot of energy to be able to possess someone, and then it wouldn't be able to do it for very long, I think.

The idea still thrills the crap out of me, though. xD Especially in that show I watched, the people were just so completely lifeless, their eyes were dead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:49 pm
I hate creepy things. If I watch stuff like Ghost Lab or Lost Tapes, I usually don't sleep well that night. As for ghosts and other things hurting you, it can be hard, but not impossible. I think it's easier for them to do damage to the astral body. I've had more than one sensitive person comment on a scar that runs across my chest. The thing is... I don't tell them it's there and it's only on my astral body.  

Aiedaile

Beloved Shapeshifter

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Lexenos the Gypsy Bard

10,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 pm
User Image

Oh man. If I went through something that got me a scar like that, I don't think I could deal with creepy shows either.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 am
I love creepy things. Which is odd, considering no one else in my family does...

I make a habit of watching Chiller, though most of the programming lately has been less than B-rate movies and series I've watched from beginning to end. And the commercials... Gah. Thank goodness for TiVo. Just must convince the parental figures not to delete my weird movies.

I will watch Syfy's Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, but I won't watch the Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures due to its inherent 'bullshit' factor (possessions, ghost radios, and the guys flipping out over a tiny creek in the floorboards), A&E's Paranormal State because of its equal case of bull (no provable evidence, yammering on about Demons and their ilk without warning the youngsters that it's a bad plan to mess with them, just bleeping out the "demon" name...), and Extreme Paranormal for it's extreme stupidity in approaching the whole practice of ghost hunting (Summonings, not actually performing a proper summoning when they did, false information about any sort of pagan Craft, and just pure stupidity); apparently I wasn't the only one who disliked their approach, because I can see that only one episode after the one I watched ever reached television...

I love long sentences too, apparently. Yay me!

Anyway... Creepy to me is awesome, and it actually has to be creepy. I have to find movies/TV shows that'll actually give me goosebumps, and not make me laugh out loud. I watched The Evil Dead the other day simply because it had Bruce Campbell in it, and I was laughing my way through it, though I was pleasantly creeped out by the plants. And then I went and read The Ruins in a grand total of six hours, because it was awesomely creepy (albeit disappointingly predictable). I've now moved on to Dan Simmon's Drood, the tale of Charles Dickens' last few, creepy, years on earth.

I have a stack of H.P. Lovecraft books that I've read and reread (have watched all the thinly-veiled homages to his stories in television and most of the movies made after his death, like Dagon (disappointing, actually), In the Mouth of Madness (Sam Niel was excellent), and several others).

I also have the whole Necronomicon series by Donald Tyson, great interpretations of Lovecraft's frightful book along with the tale of the mad poet Abdul Alhazred that accompanies the Necronomicon. I also have the Tarot deck and Grimore that accompanies these both, simply because I love the creepy art of the deck and the simple strangeness of the Grimore. I'm too logical and, honestly, frightened of these to actually practice the faith of the Old Ones, but there is still that niggling "what if" feeling I get. That's how much I like creepy stuff.

I also have a tendency to seek out the creepy and weird, simply because it is far more interesting to me than the normal everyday. I like to spend hours in a cemetery for the peace and quiet, and the feelings I sometimes get. Not creepy feelings, but just stories that come to me. I incorporate them into my own stories and in a way I feel like I'm keeping people alive with their stories. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Independent Renegade

Thirteenth Dragon

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 pm
im into those too~
i started to read the haunted majoras mask arg but i stopped because not only was i creeped out but i haven't played the game yet...infact i bought one off of Ebay and it just arrived in the mail today *shudders* i am near tempted to name my game file BEN XD
anyway, as for pokemon black, i was SO creeped out when i read that.

Have you ever heard of the Slender Man? hes a really creepy mythical creature and there are various vlogs/blogs and webpages about him. the most famed one is Marble Hornets. after i watched marble hornets, i slept with a night light on for a ligit two weeks, and i had constant problems telling myself it wasnt real. its a really creepy arg and i am afraid to go out walking about at night (no seriously, i see lamp posts thinking its slender man XD) but if your into creepy things i suggest looking into it~

we used to have the Chiller channel on tv untill it became a "order only" channel T^T i used to watch it all the time! nowadays i do watch Tales From The Darkside on the Syfi channel. it may be a really old show but i still love to watch it~

as for scary movies, The Ring scarred me for weeks. everytime the tv would mess up, i was just waiting to see a well pop up on screen. i was creeped out everytime i saw a VHS video XD
after i watched the Ring 2, i was SO realived to find out the ending and therefore the creepy thoughts went away and i was able to turn off my nightlight once again~

i love creepy stuff too =3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:11 pm
creepy stuff doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I absolutely love it! The creepier the better. I have friends who are also into creepy stuff, but if I even start talking about stuff that gives me even the slightest of chills then they just can't take it and I have to stop talking! hahah  

Ritual at Dusk

Lexenos the Gypsy Bard

10,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm
User Image

Hellsing - Mmm, I first thing I saw on Chiller really set the standard, and there's hardly anything that's lived up to it, even if some of the stuff's pretty good, just not supernatural.

I'm not much for Ghost Hunters, it's very rare for anything much to happen (ohhhhh, but that one episode where the camera guy's equipment came up and smacked him in the face!)

I've seen The Evil Dead, and it just wasn't that big of a deal. But then again, it was a sort of "zombie" thing almost, and zombies don't mean much to me. The ending really made me laugh, though. xD

...And you just gave me a whole new book list. 8D

Pink Elefant - Oh, yeah, beat the game first, you won't wanna play it for a while once you read it. xD And for Pokemon Black, did you play the little music thing and read the rest of it while the music was playing? Oh god, it makes it so much worse. 8D

I've got a friend who's really into Slendy, I've been meaning to look up the youtubes as well. I'll definitely check out those links, thank you!

TFTD can be pretty good, though sometimes how old it is can get in the way. Though I do remember the episode where they turn the guy into a living puppet that you move with the strings, that was fantastic. 8D I haven't seen The Ring, though I've seen clips and I need to see the whole thing. I've just seen The Grudge, which was pretty damn good as well. My sister randomly got to talking about it one night and I was like "...You know I can't leave your house until morning now, right?" xD

Dusk - You sound like my kinda guy! xD

I get chills really easily, but I loooove that feeling, the more chills the better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:39 am
I wish I had channels like that sad

A while ago I found the whole Majora's Mask thing on Creepypasta and LOVED it. Though it's always creeped me out, especially within my first two days of reading the story/watching the vids. I've been told it's fake but for some reason I've often kinda doubted that a little. I'll have an open/neutral opinion for now. One thing I did think about was making a small fan-movie of it xd I've also had the Song of Unhealing stuck in my head like elevator music for the past 3 weeks neutral

Anyways, I'm a massive sucker for those weird urban legends and chain mail and stuff, they just seem so interesting and I love researching origins of some of them. One I'm looking up at the moment is the classic Annie's Road which now has a website that I can't get access into sweatdrop  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Independent Renegade

Thirteenth Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 am
Lexenos the Knight

I'm not much for Ghost Hunters, it's very rare for anything much to happen (ohhhhh, but that one episode where the camera guy's equipment came up and smacked him in the face!)

...And you just gave me a whole new book list. 8D

That episode was kinda cool. Poor cameraman... One episode in a Miami lighthouse was awesome too. The guys were chasing a noise up the staircase, and the camera down at the bottom caught a shadow figure --two levels above the guys-- lean out over the railing and look directly down at the stationary camera. That creeped me out to no end. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering that one. smile And when the guys got to the same place? The motion sensor light turned on, so you know that there wasn't any solid person up there to be playing the ghost. That's what I love about Ghost Hunters: they approach places with the belief that it's not haunted, and are pleasantly surprised when it is.

Then there's the strange shadowy figure in that prison, which they attempted to debunk, but couldn't. I love those episodes.

Unlike the occasional "What was that thumping noise from over there in the kitchen?" that I've seen in several of the other shows and laugh. That thumping noise? Belongs to the refrigerator, dumbass. I have an identical one, and it makes all sorts of weird noises... Defrost it!

Eh-hehe... I'm too logical and realistic sometimes, and utterly fantastical and nuts other times... Ghosts? You gotta have real, solid, scientifically-gathered proof to tell me that a place is haunted. Dragons? Definitely real, even if they aren't currently residing on Earth. smile

I'm glad to be of service! Reading is healthy, and reading creepy stuff... Hehe, makes you creepy! Oh, wait, wrong sentiment... *Evil grin*

I read that Pokemon Black post and was kinda disappointed. Then again, I've had dreams for years that were similar in plot. It didn't creep me out enough to be memorable.

Neither did Majora's Mask, for that matter. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never played video games as a kid, and still rarely do. I've seen movies where the video game is haunted/possessed and out to get people, but I've always laughed... The one (Stay Alive) with Frankie Muniz is one of them... I want to see Devour simply because of Jensen Ackles. I doubt it'll be creepy enough to scare me, but I can still drool on the lead actor as he slowly goes crazy... *Has a thing for the crazy ones*

Eh-heh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 am
I love creepy things; except spiders *shudders*

I used to watch Ghost Hunters, though prefer Ghost Hunters International. I never found the show creepy though, more so interesting as they seemed to be the only show of that type trying to debunk everything instead of flat out saying a place was haunted.

As for the Evil Dead films, no creepyness there for me, just good old campy horror fun. ^^

As for what does creep me out though, that'd be Asian horror films, but not the gorey kinds. Those films, vs American films, have always been better at creeping me out; with the exception of some older American horror, like Poltergeist. The original Chinese version of The Eye was wonderfully creepy, as well as the Korean film A Tale of Two Sisters.

When I first moved to England about a year ago, I used to get creeped out by noises in our flat (my husband works nights, so was alone at those times). American buildings are so new in comparison, and our flat building used to be an old pub long ago, and it makes plenty of noises. Though as it turns out, most of the noises that creeped me out were coming from the boiler room, which happens to be right next to our flat xD I still get creepy vibes at times though when we go touring through old castles and mansions, but some of those have a bloody history anyways, so could potentially be haunted.

Unfortunately, I've never really seen an anime, or read any books that have creeped me out enough to remember. Well, except maybe when I was a kid and read Goosebumps, lol, or watched Nickelodeon shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark? xD  

Moonwynne

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 am
I love creepy stuff! I've been watching "The Haunted" from Animal Planet, and its actually much better than other ghost shows I've seen. Its about 4 minutes of "this is an animal part of the haunting" and the rest is about the haunting.

I've read up on serial killers before just to try to freak myself out (it works*)

Are you afraid of the Dark was good.

There's also an anime called Jigoku shoujo which is pretty good. I'm not a fan of anime since most of the story lines are the same but this is genuinely a great anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm
Creepy stuff is the best! heart

I checked out the Amityville Horror book from my high school's library once and finished it in a couple of days. I ended up sleeping with my big pink lamp on for two nights xP Ironically, both versions of the movie didn't scare me only the book did.

Creepypastas I read when I'm in a real mood to get seriously creeped out.

Aria Oakwood

Anxious Genius

6,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gaian 50
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items