Submit

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 pm
Summary:
This is my story of an adventure that supposedly saves Modmas...

“Speaking”
'Thoughts'

Warning:
There are words like "hell", "damnit", and the usage of god's name in vain. If there is a problem with this, feel free to PM me and I can adjust the words... to... a lighter standard. I am absolutely NOT cussing outright though. I will only edit to change the words if they somehow are against a rule in the Rules & Guidelines, which I'm sure they are not. (I've read the rules over and over to make sure.)

The roleplay is subject to edits whenever I feel like something should be changed due to not making sense, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:16 pm
The Beginning:

It was a usual, albeit boring, morning for me. I went into town like I did everyday to pick up some groceries when I noticed a bustling crowd around the bulletin boards. Wondering what was going on, I decided to stop by after getting my groceries. Wrapping my arms around the brown, paper bag that held my food-stuffs, I pushed myself through the crowd and read the poster as well. I felt the corners of my lips tug up while I read. 'Modmas is coming! Modmas is coming!' I felt increasingly happy as I read and everyone around me was chatting about the gifts and prizes Modmas would bring to town.

This was a first for me, I lived in a far off village isolated in the mountains. When my father died, his last wish was for me to live with my mother on the Isle de Gambino, but alas she passed away as well. I decided to stay anyways, although not in town.

“Excuse me.”

I liked solitude; I was used to it and it was comfortable at the southern outskirts of town where the ocean breeze blew freely.

“Ahem, ma'am?”

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Startled, I whipped my head around to look at the offending voice and was met with someone in a Santa-suit and a big smile.

“Uh, yes?” I asked, hesitantly. 'What the hell?'

“You seem... to be interested in this poster, are you not?” He inquired.

“Uhm, I suppose so? What of it?”

“Well, I'm with the organization funding this...” He motioned to the poster. “And I noticed that you seem to...” His eyes trailed down to the sword strapped around my waist. “...know how to fight.”

Noticing that he stopped talking while staring at the object, I interjected.

“Ah this? Hahaha, sorry, but I'm not very good. It's only there for some self-defense.”

His forehead wrinkled in slight confusion at “self defense”, but he spoke up anyways.

“Hm, no matter. Would you be interested in a job? At the moment, it only requires hunting down some green bunny-like--”

My thoughts cut him off. Strange how my mind works.

'Job? Hm, last time someone offered me a “job” it didn't end so well... and now some guy in a huge Santa-suit is offering me one? Something about green bunnies? What? Uh...'

Not wanting to sound rude, I replied with a curt “I'll think about it.” At this the “Santa” decided to let me go with some contact information just in case I wanted the job. By now the sun was at it's peak and I decided to hurry up head home or nothing would get done. Swiftly heading out of the crowd and south, I went on my merry way back home. Now, home wasn't all that far, maybe about a twenty-minute walk away from town, but I had other things to do than meet with...“Santas”.

At this thought, I looked around. There were... a lot of people dressed in red and white suits, some with weird brown things sticking out of their heads, and others in red and green outfits. Not wanting to seem like the foreigner I really was, I kept my eyes focused on the path ahead of me and not on the weird outfits. Now, it wasn't like I've never seen a Modmas before... okay the truth was, I never witnessed a Modmas before, but just because I came from an isolated village in the middle of almost no where did not mean that I didn't have the internet to look things up. I wasn't allowed to use it often. It'd turn me into a “zombie” apparently if I used it for too long. Modmas was something that caught my eye a few years back, although I never paid any attention to it since my village didn't allow outsiders in.

Anyways, I myself was dressed differently from everyone else. It was warm on the isle, but I never felt... “normal” without my bright, cyan-tinted scarf. As if noticing I was talking about it, the scarf billowed about in the breeze revealing a small bundle of white perched on my shoulder. Dark eyes peered up and a little cheep escaped from a small beak.

“Almost home...” I whispered to the tiny, fluff ball.

As if on queue, the ball of fluff flew up and started home on it's own.

“Aw come on!” I shouted. “Wait up!”

I chased after the whiteness that was Aer. Apparently chasing after something that became a white dot in the distance was a horrible idea on my part, for the next thing that happened was all a blur. I tripped a few seconds later. 'Ouch...Ah jeez... taking dirt out of white is going to be a pain...' I dusted myself off and began to walk off.

“Gggrrrrrrawr...”

'I should learn not to run after Aer...he's just way too fast for his own good. Sheesh, I hope this washes off. Dirt washes off... Ew what's this sticky stuff? Wait... what? Rocks don't make growling noises.'

I slowly turned around to stare at the “rock” to only be met with a flash of green and something clawing at my face. Screaming in pain, I try to tear the blob of green off my face. My screams became gasps of needed air once the green offender was ripped off my face and held in my hands. Red eyes met bright cyan ones. It was a bunny. A green, thrashing, red-eyed bunny foaming at the mouth.

"Oh...my...gawd...it's a freakin' bunny! How cute!" I squealed, hugging it to my chest.

After all my girlish squealing died down, the bunny decided to snack on my hand. Bad idea bunny...  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 12 Total: 15 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:18 pm
Round 1: Grunnie? What the Heck is a Grunnie? Oh Green + Bunnie... How Very Clever...

Target: User Image
AC - 10
HP - 40

Rolled AC: 3

Rolled DMG: 12

Attack Unsuccessful

Remaining Daily Attacks: 1

Remaining Enemy HP: 40

Throwing off the aggravatingly painful blob that was hellbent on munching on my hand off, I was relieved to find my hand almost normal. There were just a line of bite marks that dug into the flesh and blood oozing from them with a few chunks of meat missing here and there...

“Oh gawd! This isn't normal!” I shrieked at my hand as if it would stop bleeding if I spoke to it.

The bunny seemingly snickered at my panicking and watched me with those beady, red eyes.

“Damnit all!” I ripped a piece of my white undershirt and wrapped it tightly around the red blob that was now my left-hand.

“You stupid... cute... stupid rabbit! I'm going to kill you and boil you up for tonight's dinner!” I snarled and charged at the snickering mass while unsheathing my sword.

I swung my sword in a large arc hoping to catch the damnable thing. The next thing I know, my back is smashed down into the ground and the green rabbit is sitting neatly on my stomach.

'Ughhh, that huuuurrrttt...' Little swirls of light danced in my eyes as I tried to regain focus.

“I guess that didn't work.” I mumbled to myself.  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 20 Total: 27 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 pm
Facial Plastic Surgery, Anyone?... Anyone?!
AC - 10
HP - 40

Rolled AC: 7

Rolled DMG: 20

Attack Unsuccessful

Remaining Daily Attacks: 0

I took in a deep breath then I used my arms and legs to push myself back to a standing position, albeit a wobbly one.

“Tch, your just a freakin' bunny!” I muttered and charged again.

The red-eyed organism dashed off to the side when I swung my sword forward. Anticipating this, I changed the direction of my strike and nicked it's ear while throwing it into a tree.

'Yes! Finally!'

Then the little abomination smirked at me in midair and catapulted itself off the tree and onto my face.

'Why the face?! Why always the face?!' I screamed on the inside while trying to tear it off again.

At least this time, the damnable blob decided to unlatch itself from my face, giving me some room to breathe before attacking again. I dashed forward and threw my sword towards it. While its' beady eyes were glued onto dodging the silver object, I dropped low and swept it's legs (more like it's whole body) from under it, sending it crashing back into the first tree.

“Wrong move bunny! You should have stayed on my face!” I grinned while grabbing my sword and made a run for it.

While I ran, I turned my head back around slightly to use my peripheries to look behind me.

Bad idea. There was the rabid bunny. It sat there and cleaned itself like a cat as if everything I just struggled with had been for nothing.

'What's with me and all these bad ideas?' I shouted inside. 'I really, really, really suck.'

I just kept running.  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 13 Total: 19 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 am
Jingle Bells, Grunnies Smell, Aer Laid an Egg, The Kiki Car Lost a Wheel, And Souhime Got Away~
AC - 10
HP - 40

Rolled AC: 6

Rolled DMG: 13

Attack Unsuccessful

I ran until I could see the lights of my small house.

'Aer must have turned on the lights when he got there...' I thought to myself.

I panted slightly. The run home was long and tiring.

'Gotta get inside... Where are my keys?'

I reached into my pockets to find everything and anything except for my keys.

'Damnit... Did I drop them...?'

Aggravated, I searched until I heard a jingle.

'Ooh, jingle means keys. Now where are they?'

The brows on my forehead knitted together in concentration.

Jingle, jingle.

The noise kept repeating itself. I stopped the movement of my hands.

Jingle, jingle, jingle.

'Oh gawd... not again...'

I turned around and was met with a blow to my stomach and the noise of keys scraping along the road. I toppled over and struggled breathe while the (expected, since it showed up everywhere I went and just wouldn't die) green bunny's face grinned down on mine. Smashing my forehead with theirs' was met with a strangled squeak in surprise.

I grimaced as I got up and dashed for the keys. The rabid bunny was not going to be down for long, if at all. I decided not to look back this time, and ran for the door.  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 14 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am
You Got Mauled by a Bunny... Fail?
AC - 10
HP - 40

Rolled AC: 9

Rolled DMG: 14

Attack Unsuccessful

Luckily, I was quick enough and jabbed the keys into the door and went in before the green attacker had a chance to slip in. Everything swirled in my vision as my back hit the door uncomfortably. I lost too much blood. I stared at my left-hand and saw that the white cloth wrapped around was now dark red. I sighed deeply and struggled to pull myself to the closet on the other side of the room.

'My first aid kit should be in there somewhere.'

I opened the closet and scanned the interior.

'Jackets... my black cloak... ah, so that's where my umbrella went... aid kit... aid kit... Aha! There it is!'

Quickly, I snatched the white box with a red cross on it and shuffled over to the couches in the middle of the room. I glanced around and saw that the windows and doors were shut and locked like how I left it before the trip to town. I took a quick look at the clock hanging above the unlit fireplace.

“5:43...I have to hurry up... I've been losing blood for too long. That damned rabbit isn't going to wait for long either...” I mumbled.

I gently unwrapped the stained, red cloth and started to clean my wounds.  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 3 Total: 15 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 am
Decorations Have Their Uses
AC - 10
HP - 40

Rolled AC: 12

Rolled DMG: 3

Attack Successful

Remaining Enemy HP: 37

A little white ball of fluff decided to join me once I was immersed in nursing my wound as fast as possible.

“Tch, Aer, you decide to come out now?” I grumbled out.

“Cheep!”

I gave Aer a pointed look before sighing loudly.

“I'm a bit busy right now, 'kay?”

“Cheep!”

Aer fluttered up and started tugging on the end of my scarf.

“Alright, alright. I'm coming... Let me wrap the rest at least.”

I set the finishing touches on the table and lousily tugged the bandages into a knot before leaving my seat and followed the bird. Making my way through the kitchen, Aer fluttered to a window on the wall and landed on the edge.

“Cheep!”

“Coming, coming... What is it?” I asked as I walked to the window.

“Cheep!”

I looked outside the window and saw nothing out of the ordinary at first. Squinting my eyes to see in the dimming light, I spotted a blob of green splayed out underneath the back porch and bits of brown shards, dirt, and dirtied flowers surrounding it.

'Hm... seems like the little booger knocked itself out with a ceiling plant while trying to get in.'

I smirked.

'That must have hurt.'  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 11 Total: 24 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am
Cooking Isn't the Only Thing You Can do With a Frying Pan
AC - 10
HP - 37

Rolled AC: 13

Rolled DMG: 11

Attack Successful

Remaining Enemy HP: 26

I stared at the figure in the mirror. White patches of gauze and small bandages littered about the face. Cyan eyes looked droopy and tired. Cyan also tinted the winter-white hair and dried blood disturbed the usually well-kept locks. The figure sighed.

'Time to deal with that little abomination... Sorry hair... I'll have to wash you out later...'

I walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. Traversing my way through the house, I made it back into the kitchen. I chugged down a cup of water before grabbing a frying pan hanging on the wall and making my way to the backyard. My sword was left in the bathroom to be cleaned later.

“Cheep!”

“Yes, yes, you get to come too.” I motioned the bird over.

Stepping into some more comfortable shoes, as the other ones were dirtied from this afternoon's adventure, I unlocked the back door and stepped out cautiously. Aer flew over too the green blob immediately and landed nearby. I flicked on the lights to the back porch.

'I wonder if it's still alive.'

Forcing down the urge to poke the thing with a stick, I stepped closer. The back of the blob rose and fell steadily, signaling that the creature was still very well alive.

'Damn. Oh well...'

As quietly as possible, I made my way over to the small shack at the back of the yard. After a few minutes of digging around, I stepped out of the shack with a small metal cage in my hands (well, “hands” if you count the shredded, still throbbing one).

'Yay for metal lobster cages! Never caught one though... Meh, now it'll have the honor of housing a bunny.'

I dropped the cage immediately when the blob sprung up and it's head darted around to assess what happened. When it's eyes locked onto mine, I snatched the frying pan and swung it with all the strength I had. A resounding clang and a thunk could be heard when green flesh met metal.

'Huh... that seemed to knock the little booger out... I should use these more often.' I thought while I put the body into the cage.

I grinned down on it.

'Maybe I should take up my threat and cook the booger up...'  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 pm
Starvation Counts as an Attack... Right?
Target:User Image
AC - 10
HP - 26

Rolled AC: 6

Rolled DMG: 8

Attack Unsuccessful

The next morning, I went into the kitchen to ready some breakfast. Aer was still asleep in the bedroom and the green blob was kept caged in the living room. I reached into the fridge and grabbed some milk and other ingredients. Today was a good day for some nice oatmeal. As I slowly simmered ingredients into a small pot, a small growl could be heard.

'Ah, it's awake, eh? I wonder what they eat... Should I care?'

After the oatmeal was done, I poured it into a bowl and left it sitting on the counter to cool off. Burning my tongue off in the morning wasn't on my to do list unfortunately.

“Cheep! Cheep!”

I heard Aer making a fuss in the living room.

'I guess all of my “pets” are awake already?' I thought to myself.

Stepping into the living room, I broke out into an uproarious laughter.

“Hahaha! What are you two doing?!”

I couldn't stop laughing. There they were, two little squirts, glaring at each other. The little abomination I could understand. Those beady eyes could give off the scariest glares, especially if you were an unsuspecting person. Now, Aer wasn't one to look like he could harm a fly. Cute little eyes scrunched up into a an adorable “glare”. Cheeks puffed out in an attempt to look more formidable.

“Come on, Aer. Leave the poor thing alone. It's scared!” I mocked.

“Cheep!” Aer replied, victoriously.

A growl was that last thing I heard from the green creature as Aer and I returned to the kitchen.

“Here.” I motioned to Aer, as I set out a small platter of seeds.

Aer gave a joyous cheep before working on the seeds.

'Hm... I'll have to go to town and get my hand fixed up professionally... and maybe I'll pay a visit to that... “Santa” thing...' I thought while eating breakfast.

A whine could be heard from the living room.

“Hm, should we feed it, Aer?”

Aer gave a short retort.

“Aye aye, Captain. No food for the intruder. It might starve to death though! How mean of you.”

“Cheep!”

I laughed.  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 11 Total: 16 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm
Round 1a: Green Bunny vs White Fluff Ball; Victor: White Fluff Ball
AC - 10
HP - 26

Rolled AC: 5

Rolled DMG: 11

Attack Unsuccessful

It was early in the afternoon by the time I decided to head into town. I dressed in a new pair of white pants since the other pair was dirtied by yesterday's “fun”. A black tank top was thrown on and I wrapped my scarf around my neck before stepping into my boots. I let my star-earmuffs hang around my neck as well and strapped on my sword before calling out to Aer.

“If you want to go to town, we're going now.” I called to the interior of the house.

A small cheep could be heard, signaling that Aer had heard me and I walked into the living room to take the caged abomination before heading out. A small wound was noticeable on the green bunny.

'They must have fought again. Seems like Aer won.'

I chuckled before taking the cage and stepping outside.

“Ah, what a nice day.”

I took a deep breath of the afternoon air and let Aer out before locking the door...  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 20 Total: 33 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm
Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall
AC - 10
HP - 26

Rolled AC: 13

Attack Successful

Remaining Enemy HP: 6

It took about fifteen minutes for us to reach the edge of town. Aer quickly flew down the hill while I slowly lugged the cage down.

“Geh, for a rabbit, your kind of heavy, you know.” I grumbled.

It snarled from inside the cage and tried to ram itself out.

Startled, I let out a small cry and accidentally dropped the cage.

“Hey! What was that for?!” I yelled.

It snickered at me.

“Hey now. You better stop that or— Woah, woah, woah!”

I scrambled to reach for the cage, but it was too late.

Down the hill the cage went.

CRASH!

I winced.  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 20 Total: 24 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm
Warning: Shrieking Banshees May Cause Hearing Loss
AC - 10
HP - 6

Rolled AC: 4

Attack Unsuccessful

Remaining Enemy HP: 6

Apparently the caged crashed into a wooden fence, for there was a big hole and a lady screaming at said hole when I got down there.

“Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!” I quickly stated.

“WHAT?! THIS WAS YOUR FAULT?!” She shrieked.

'Ugh, it's just a hole. I'm sorry, geez. Didn't I say that I was sorry?'

I rolled my eyes and my hand went for my wallet.

“Sorry... How much will cover the damage?” I question.

“Che. 250,000 G.” She spat out.

'What?! 250K for a friggin' hole?! What is the damn fence made out of? Johnny freakin' K. Gambino?!' I seethed. 'No wait... a hole in Gambino would cost a lot more... Ugh, that's not the point!'

“Uh... I... don't have that much.”

“Che, fine. Since I'm in a good mood. 200,000 G.” She spat out again.

'Ew, I think she really spat something out this time.' I thought as I stared at her flapping mouth.

“I'm sorry, ma'am, but I seriously don't have that much.”

“Hah! What do you take me for? You better pay up or I'm calling the cops.”

'I think the cops would agree that the hole isn't worth even close to 250k... or 200k for that matter... or 200 G...'

I sighed. It was either pay up or make a run for it and leave the abomination behind.

'… I don't think the lady deserves that snarling menace though...'

I snickered at the thought of the green blob gnawing on her leg.

“What? You think this is a joke? Fine, I'll call the cops!” The lady shrieked again.

'Maybe they would go well together... One snarling menace with a shrieking banshee. Good match.'

I heard her huff and stalk away to grab her phone.

'…'

I snatched the cage from the outside and smashed the cage into the fence one last time for good measure.

'I am SO going to regret this...'

I made a run for it.  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 2 Total: 20 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:58 am
Third Time's The Charm
AC - 10
HP - 6

Rolled AC: 18

Rolled DMG: 2

Attack Successful

Remaining Enemy HP: 4

Several minutes of making a mad dash for it left me panting for much needed air.

“Ugh, I am so stupid! I should have just left you with that banshee!”

I kicked the cage hard and sent it toppling into a tree nearby. A loud growl could be heard from within the cage.

“This is all your fault you stupid thing!” I screamed.

The growl got louder as I kicked the cage again and stormed off.

“What was that lady thinking anyway? That is one damn expensive fence...” I mumbled.

A loud snap could be heard. Turning towards the tree, flesh met with flesh.

“Agggharg!”

The muffled noises came out as weird gargles for a few seconds until flesh slid off of flesh.

“What the hell?!” I yelled staring at where the abomination should have been.

A hole could be seen in the cage. A vacant spot inside the cage was also present. Walking closer, I peered around to see if the abomination was anywhere to be seen.

“Huh... I guess all that hurt more than I thought.” I said aloud as my eyes roamed over small patches of blood.  
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 8 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:59 am
Sometimes You Should Follow Your Urge to Poke Things With a Stick
AC - 10
HP - 4

Rolled AC: 9

Rolled DMG: 8

Attack Unsuccessful

Remaining Enemy HP: 4

In all honesty, I really could have cared less if I never found the booger again, but something nagged at my thoughts whenever I thought of leave it behind.

'I am never going to make it to the hospital, am I?'

I was about to give up for the fourth time that afternoon, but a small cheep got my attention.

“Aer?” I wondered out loud.

“Cheep!”

A small flutter and Aer landed on the top of my head.

“Jeez, where have you been this whole time?” I asked.

“Cheep!”

Aer pecked at my scalp and flew off with another resounding cheep! Wondering where he was headed, I followed the bundle of white.

A few minutes later, I was looking into an alley and found the green booger face down on the concrete ground. I pushed down the urge to poke it with a stick (I have that urge a lot) and knelt down next to the green blob.

“Hello?”

I reached out towards the blob to poke it with my bandaged left-hand. I've noticed by now. Bad ideas come naturally to me.

A scream resounded in the alleyway.  

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Souhime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 12 Total: 20 (2-40)

Souhime

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm
AC - 10
HP - 4

Rolled AC: 8

Rolled DMG: 12

Attack Unsuccessful