Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:18 pm
As many of you have probably noticed, there is no way to subscribe to posts within a guild. In order to keep track of your thread you should either save it in a text file on your computer or just bookmark it in your browser. Please don't make a new thread each day!

Quote:
I've defeated an enemy. What do I do now?

You should post in the Victories! thread with the necessary information. You can then either fight the same or lower enemy again or you can wait until the next enemy is revealed.

Quote:
I defeated an enemy with two attacks today. Can I attack a new monster today or do I have to wait until tomorrow?

You are only allowed 2 attacks per day for all enemies so if you defeat one and don't have any attacks left then you must wait until the next day.

Quote:
I attacked some Grunnies twice yesterday after the Thread was announced but before the Guild was made, do they still count towards the total and if so should I just quote them and add a link to the page they're on as proof?

Anything you did in the thread still counts, if you could make it easy for me and link the posts in your thread in here then it'd be even better.

Quote:
I made attacks in the thread before the guild was made and then restarted my attacks after the guild was up. Do I get to choose which attacks I use?

No, if you restarted your rolls then you must stay with the new rolls you received. It is not fair to allow someone the chance to pick between multiple rolls. If you did not restart in the guild then please see the answer to the above question.

If you have a question, post in here and I'll do my best to answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 pm
I attacked some Grunnies twice yesterday after the Thread was announced but before the Guild was made, do they still count towards the total and if so should I just quote them and add a link to the page they're on as proof?  

That Mad Cat

Mewling Lunatic

12,225 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:04 pm
good question, I had figured to just start anew due to not wanting to go find them (and not knowing how to link to post, only to thread)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:11 pm
That Mad Cat

Anything you did in the thread still counts, if you could make it easy for me and link the posts in your thread in here then it'd be even better.  

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

sartol

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 pm
Oi.. really?! that means I'm already out of the running, because I've got the modmas thread posts (which will be a pain to go find) as well as the posts that I redid the whole thing over in here.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:04 pm
Uncle Kenny
That Mad Cat

Erm.... what if we already started over for the guild, but we had posted for the first day in the thread and liked our rolls more from our thread post >>
Also it seems like it would be pretty easy for people to cheat by linking to their best practice rolls. I think it would just be all around more legit if we had to start over for the guild. And I'm not saying that because it benefits me. In the thread I took out the grunnies hp to half in the first day, and in the guild I have missed 3 times and hit once for 1 damage.....

Anyways yeah... I suggest thread posts dont count, just guild.  

Fabled Champion

Gallant Knight

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:05 pm
Fabled Champion
Uncle Kenny
That Mad Cat

Erm.... what if we already started over for the guild, but we had posted for the first day in the thread and liked our rolls more from our thread post >>
Also it seems like it would be pretty easy for people to cheat by linking to their best practice rolls. I think it would just be all around more legit if we had to start over for the guild. And I'm not saying that because it benefits me. In the thread I took out the grunnies hp to half in the first day, and in the guild I have missed 3 times and hit once for 1 damage.....

Anyways yeah... I suggest thread posts dont count, just guild.

You make a good point, the choice of which rolls should not be given. Therefore, if someone decided to restart for the guild then the rolls they must stay with are the rolls they made in here. If someone posted in the thread and has not restarted in here then their rolls from the thread are valid still. This is the most balanced way I can think to do things without wiping everything and requiring everyone to restart their threads in here. I will be adding a note about this in the first post.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:05 pm
RP wise, what are you looking for? What stands out from the crowd?

What kind of prizes are being awarded and for what?

Can we RP as multiple characters?

Are the enemies we are fighting meant to be singular or are they puleral? (I've noticed some people fighting one grunny at a time and others fighting hordes, I'm one of the latter)

What is your favourite colour?

Will other mods be present in the judging or just you?

When will the second tier be opened?

When is this expected to end?

Does this coat make me look fat?  

Rough Patch

Unsealed Reveler

Uncle Kenny
Captain

Scurvy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm
askem2
RP wise, what are you looking for? What stands out from the crowd?

What kind of prizes are being awarded and for what?

Can we RP as multiple characters?

Are the enemies we are fighting meant to be singular or are they puleral? (I've noticed some people fighting one grunny at a time and others fighting hordes, I'm one of the latter)

What is your favourite colour?

Will other mods be present in the judging or just you?

When will the second tier be opened?

When is this expected to end?

Does this coat make me look fat?

Don't have anything in particular to give an example with for role playing. Just anything that I will enjoy reading over. I will say that anyone who decides to role play iN A MaNnEr lIkE ThIs is very unlikely to get the role play prize.

Prizes are still mysteries, they'll be known when they're given out.

If you wish to RP as multiple characters and it still follows what the dice roll shows then that's fine.

They can be either or, it's up to you.

Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!

Other mods may help with the judging but that hasn't been determined yet.

Second tier will probably go out soon. No set time or date for it.

It'll end when Modmas ends. Prizes will end once all have been given out.

Well...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:32 pm
Just wondering:

Of the past Christmas events, including this one, which was/is your favorite?

Also, for RP-Modmas threads, you don't mind if they are a bit on the long-side? I'm very detail-oriented and it pained me to reduce mine to the length I did lol. I just don't want to bore the judges with a wall of text.  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Would we be able to do co-op battles with other Gaians in these RPs? I know that people aren't supposed to post in each other's threads, but if there were co-op battles, that could be allowed, right?

crying I just hate RPing all by myself. It's boring reading my own stuff. There's no surprises in it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:27 am
im confused, now am I attacking the same grunny every day?
or a new one every day.

that is to defeat a grunny i must score 40 damage total.

or must I score 40 damage in one day?  

Rhi Who

Dirminxia

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:25 pm
I am sorry I deleted posts in my thread. I just wanted to make my posting appearance perfect. I will be more careful from now on so i dont have to delete anything.

In related news, I have a question. I play D&D, and a natural TO-HIT roll of 20 is critical, and counts for double damage. Do you use that rule, or is there no critical hitting?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 am
I have a question: In the victory section do we post only our first kill of a specific tier or all of them?  

Rixan-Kun

3,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ehimezol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 am
So I had two attacks today and I killed the enemy with my first attack, does that mean I only have one attack left or would it go to 2 attacks again if I fight a new enemy today?  
Save Modmas!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff