Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ OPEN AUDITIONS } THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 am
IT LOOKS LIKE THAT TIME OF THE SEASON IS HERE

Time to pull up those curtains, spiffy the props, clean the aisles and clear out the auditorium for the annual (well Octoberly annual) Frightmas play, "The Nightmare Before Xmas." There wasn't a single student who DIDN'T know how this play went, and it was tradition for Amityville Academy as well, to suffer through the lore.

There were two complications this year though, to this annual mandatory play. First, Hellma was missing, or well really, sporadic at best. Secondly, the only other person who marginally cared about upkeeping school pretenses was currently in the Human World, incognito. Which left the third candidate, a rather unimpressed secretary.

Arel looked at the worn script, at the stage, at the script again, and then at the gnomes. "I am going to need at least one bottle of Hellma's Apple Cider - don't give me that look you KNOW she's not around - and preferrably a notebook. Let's make this work." He pulled out the book that Red, missing candidate number two, had given him prior to her disappearance back into the Human World. Excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 am
AUDITIONS FOR THE "NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS REVISITED"

The script is mostly the same, battered down, old script, but Arel might have made a couple of changes. It's really nothing to worry about. Really.

RULES

- Currently the ANNUAL XMAS PLAY is in the open auditions phase. That means any ENROLLMENT APPROVED student - with or without art - can enter for this event!
- If you are auditioning for the casting, you must provide your own costume and props. Get up there, do the part for your auditioned role, and wow the rather disgruntled judging panel of mostly gnomes. (How you "rp" them singing the script is up to you, they can do a - so they think - flawless performance, they can forget their lines halfway, or simply improvise instead of actually singing the proper songs. It's up to you!
- One post PER CHARACTER please!
- If your character gets the role they will be expected to perform on the big night. A seperate thread will be created where your character is expected to "read out" and "act" (however you want to portray them) their lines, and sometimes, songs. Oh the horrror.
- By the way, did we mention that the auditions would be a vocal number?
- exclaim PLEASE NOTE: Due to the co-running XMAS TRAIN event, the school play is ICLY happening BEFORE the xmas train one. Time does run differently in Halloween after all.

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 am
AUDITIONS SCRIPT

Why is the script in italics? By the great pumpkin, it looks like you are going to have to SING these parts. Well, before you get that far, it is probably best to announce who you are, which role you are trying for, and probably THEN start your little vocal number. Background music not provided, go get your own instruments and props if you need them.

THE CHARACTERS:

JACK
Personality: A strong sort of protagonist, of the lively sort. His Fear is most suberb, as the Pumpkin King of the little town once known as Halloween Town. He gets into all sorts of trouble this Christmas, but his friends will help him out right?

JACK'S SCRIPT: (To be sang)
"What's this? What's this?
There's color everywhere
What's this?
There's white things in the air
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be dreaming
Wake up, Jack, this isn't fair
What's this?"

Sally

Personality: Only has the best intentions for Jack, she always keeps a watchful eye on him, quiet but never pushy. She worries about Jacks' obsession over this "Xmas".

SALLY'S SCRIPT: (To be sang)
I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend
And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be

Oogie Boogie

Personality: The meanest baddie around. Or he tries to be, but he probably doesn't realise that next to Jack, he really is just a sack of worms. Or something to that context. He'll take that Sandy Claws off Jack's hands thank you very much.

Script: (To be sang)
OOGIE BOOGIE
Well, well, well, what have we here?
Sandy Claws, huh?
Oh, I'm really scared
So you're the one everybody's talkin' about, ha, ha

You're jokin', you're jokin'
I can't believe my eyes
You're jokin' me, you gotta be
This can't be the right guy
He's ancient, he's ugly
I don't know which is worse
I might just split a seam now
If I don't die laughing first

Zero

Description: He is a ghost dog. He doesn't really like, talk you know.

Script: (Please show us your superior floating skills. Convince us that you are a ghost dog)

Lock

Description: Not exactly the brightest of the three 'Trick or Treat-lets', but he claims to be the "ringleader", sporting a fantastically red devil's costume and hat.

I've got something, listen now
This one is real good, you'll see
We'll send a present to his door
Upon there'll be a note to read
Now, in the box we'll wait and hide
Until his curiosity entices him to look inside

Shock

The description: The smartest of the three, she wears a witch's costume, her words are rather acerbic though in regards to her peers.

Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight
Throw away the key and then
Turn off all the lights

First, we're going to set some bait
Inside a nasty trap and wait
When he comes a-sniffing we will
Snap the trap and close the gate

Barrel

Personality: The third stooge really, Oogie Boogie's "Star pupil". He wears a strange skeleton outfit.

Script:

Kidnap the Sandy Claws, chop him into bits
Mr. Oogie Boogie is sure to get his kicks
Kidnap the Sandy Claws, see what we will see
Lock him in a cage and then, throw away the key

The Mayor

Personality He means good, really, but sometimes is easily persuaded by Jack's antics.

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
Halloween! Halloween!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:00 am
AUDITIONS ARE OPEN NOW WILL CLOSE ON DEC 8th (WED) AT 11:59 PM PST  

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

childs menu

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 am
User Image
(( Claire for the part of Shock ))

Claire really, really really wanted the part. Ever since she was quite young, 'The nightmare before Xmas' had been her favorite musical. She secretly even dressed up as her favorite character and danced and sung around her dorm room. She knew all the words to every song and her costume of Shock was getting a bit worn from all the times (twice weekly) that she had dressed in it. Finding out about the play made her squeal in delight, and she was sure to make a fantastic Shock. Putting on her costume (complete with wiry hair), she skipped all the way down to auditions, humming the tune of 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws'.
However, upon coming to the actual auditions she became a bit nervous.

Once it was her turn, she took a deep breath and started climbing the steps. She slipped on one, but caught herself before making a fall.
"I'm Claire; Claire Virus. I'm auditioning for the part of Shock." Listening closely, you could hear a little tremble in her words.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before her face completely transformed into a malicious grin. She started to creep along the stage, holding her hands together in a tight clench. She started in a whisper before:
"Kidnap the Sandy Claws! Lock him up real tight!
Throw away the key and then,
Turn off all the lights!
"
She signed every word, moving across the stage 'dramatically and yet eerily', and when it came to lights, she ran off the stage as quick as a flash before spectacularly re-entering through the front curtain. All the while, her face (and stomach) were stuck in that same grin. Her stomach even added some singing to add beat and rhythm.
A single stool sat in the center of the stage. She flung herself into a sitting position on the stool.

"First, we're going to set some bait
Inside a nasty trap and wait~
When he comes a-sniffing we will
Snap the trap and close the gate!
" At the last word she clapped, and her stomach made a gasping sound. This completed her audition.
She was breathing fast now, and gave a nice bow before leaving the stage. She almost tripped on the stair again, but she didn't mind.
According to Claire, her performance was flawless.
According to the critics, it was, uh... Enthusiastic.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 am
(Lilura for the part of Ooggie Boogie)

Lilura took a breath as she set up the scene behind the curtain. She had been working all week to prepare for try outs. This was the greatest story in the land and she wanted to play the most ruthless part. The Role of Oogie Boogie! Sure he may be the bad guy but you had to have one for the good guy to win! Finally, she had her stage ready. Now to see if her acting was up to par! The small scene was hastily built to look like Oogie's main gambling room. Some things were obviously halloween decorations, other stuff was just cardboard sloppily painted to look like gambling instruments of torture. There was even a Santa doll laying on a painted table, granted it was only about the size of a dog but still! But she wanted it to look as convincing as possible! After all she was just a small witch and Oogie was a large role to fill!

She tapped her cloak and it billowed around her, making her seem large and fat just like Oogie. Of course she looked like a black fabric version of the bug-eating villian but it was still the best she could do with her lack of sewing skills. Maybe, if she got the part, she could ask Junko to help her make a good outfit! Her hat added to the pointyness of his head, so she felt her make shift costume was the best it could be. She motioned for the stage gnome to flip off the lights and turn on the black light. Now the stage was set and her audtion could begin!

"Um!....I..am Lilura Balandria. And I am....trying out for the part of Oogie Boogie..Well....here I go."

She slowly started to walk onto the stage, waving her black fabric hand. The bat decorations opened their wings, revealing more black light paint hastily panted onto them. She tossed some dice at the Santa doll, having enchanted them to fall onto snake eyes. Finally she approaches the doll and smiles down at it.

"Well well well, what have we here?" she put her hands on her hips and looked down over the doll's face.

"Sandy claws huh?"

"Oh I'm really scared!"

"So you're the one everybody's talkin' about, ha ha!!" she put her hands to her cheeks, opening them slightly as gummy worms fell out. They wiggled about weakly, that hadn't been her best spell.

She started circling the doll, dancing about it a bit a she continued singing. She gestured to it as she sang. She did her best to lower the tone of her voice but it still had a feminine touch.

"You're jokin', you're jokin'

I can't believe my eyes!

You're jokin' me, you gotta be

This can't be the right guy!"

She grabbed the doll by the beard and pulled him up.

"He's ancient, he's ugly

I don't know which is worse."

Her hat split open at the top and a plastic spider dropped out on a string. It moved and wiggled thanks to her enchantment but that's about it.

"I might just split a seam now

If I don't die laughing first."

She threw him down and laughed hartily. Once her audition piece was over she looked to the judges and bowed. She danced off the stage as her bats continued to flutter. By Jack she hoped she did the great worm bag justice in her performance.  

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 am

(( Lucien trying out for the role of Zero. ))

Lucien wasn't quite sure what had possessed him to come, but something about the idea of acting like someone else interested the air elemental. He could be someone completely different. He could act like someone completely different! He could be great and powerful, shy and sweet, he could be a... dog?! Lucien's eyes narrowed down on the cast list. Ohhh. Lucien grinned widely. He definitely wanted to be a dog! He could be just like Tybalt: a ghost dog!

His eyes dazed over the cast information which was very short for the character of... Zero. He had to be a dog? All four legs? Wait, Lucien didn't have four legs? He fidgeted. How would he get another set of legs? He sighed, putting his arms on his head as he considered his options. Oh! Arms, that's right! He would use his arms! He finished over the character details finally noticing the bit about how he had to float, oh! Lucien could do that!

He waited as patiently as he could, getting down in the air on his knees so that his legs weren't so much longer than himself. He watched the two in front of him until it was finally his turn and he wandered onto the stage, hunched over and smaller than usual. He sat down, hands in front of his legs evenly.

"I AM ZERO--I MEAN, LUCIEN," he corrected, remembering he wasn't quite a dog yet. "I am trying for the part of the ghost dog, Zero!"

With that, he floated around the stage in the shape of a dog. He sat, rolled over and even spoke, "Woof!" He appeared to chase something around the stage and then off into the distance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 am
(Amrita is trying out for the Mayor.)

It had been mentioned to her at least once by various people; she knew it was coming, it was inevitable. Though at one point she had forgotten about it; right up until she saw Lucien float past at a run that reminded her of a dog. Weeeeeird boil, that one. One thing lead to another and she was staring at the cast list, looking at all the audition information. Jack and Sally...no way, too out in the open. Zero was out, she couldn't float and she thought that Lucien made a lovely ghost dog. One of the three goons might work...

Then she saw the Mayor's script.

She was going for the Mayor.

Less to remember audition-wise, and even though she didn't particularly want to be up in front of the crowd, she did have to do it. One, she didn't want the possibility of being bitten by Dog!Lucien, and Two, if she ever played twenty questions again, she couldn't lie about auditioning!

Just in case though, she wrote something down on her hand, and wandered to the waiting area. When it was her turn, she stepped up onto the stage (stumbling only once!), and just...stared. Stagefright momentarily locked her up, but she took a deep breath, and went on in a quiet voice.

"I...I'm Amrita...and, um...I'm trying out for the, uh, Mayor..." She said rather unconvincingly, and then went on to fidget for a moment. Awwwwww jackdamnit she forgot the script! But it was so easy! It took a minute, but when she went to nervously play with her hair, she saw it, written on the palm of a bruised, reversed hand.

'REMEMBER WHERE YOU ARE'

She was on a stage? In the School? ....RIGHT. Halloweentown! Minus the town of course. But yes, Halloween. Luckily this was in her head, or she would have been horribly embarrassed. Now that she remembered where she was, what she was doing, and that if she failed she could at least say she tried, she started to 'perform'.

"This is Halloween~" Amrita sang out happily, attempting to skip like she'd seen previous Mayor-players do; it didn't go so well, but she did remain standing. "Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!" Another slight pause of course, and she dropped her voice as it should. "Halloween, Halloween!" She finished, taking a quick bow on the stage and getting the jack out of there!

Enoh Love
Crew

Yinesa

Relentless Fashionista

21,950 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bonfire Starter 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 am
((Cyrilla for the part of Sally))

The colchian dracolich made her way into the stage area, looking around at all the people starting to make there way in to try out for various parts. She was still rather shocked she'd somehow even talked herself to even be bothered with this at all. It couldn't be helped though, she just liked the story. Her mouth curled into a grin as she watched some of the others audition, the boy auditioning for Zero made her give pause to laugh.

She'd wanted to compliment the girl who got up to sing for the mayor, but the girl seemed to dart on by. Nerves, the dracolich supposed. She could feel her own creeping up along her spine. Taking a moment to shake it off, she reminded herself that it was really no different than playing D&H (okay, so you didn't have to sing for that...) and whether she got in or not, she at least wanted to give it a shot. Besides, she looked kinda patched up, like Sally. So why the jack not.

To top that, it really was time to start branching out and trying to meet others, and it'd be a fun activity to participate in. Likely more entertaining than the gym class she'd signed up for earlier in the week.

Taking in an unnecessary deep breath, Cyrilla walked up onto the stage.

"My name is Cyrilla, and I will be auditioning for the part of Sally." she cleared her throat, and began.

"I sense there's something in the wind," arms outstretched to her sides, she gave a twirl as she spoke the word wind, eyes cast down towards the ground.

"That feels like tragedy's at hand" she moved her hands up to clasp together under her chin and began to walk slowly across the stage.

"And though I'd like to stand by him" she paused in her walk, letting her hands drop to her sides.

"Can't shake this feeling that I have" her body quivered like it was cold, before she began her slow pace once more.

"The worst is just around the bend." she turned as if though she was walking around a corner, moving back in the direction she had come from.

"And does he notice... my feelings for him?" her eyes drew up from the ground, looking off and upwards, her walk pausing where she'd first appeared on the stage.

"And will he see, how much he means to me?" she wrapped her arms around herself.

"I think it's not to be..." her eyes slowly moved back to the ground, and the dracolich girl turned her back to 'the audience'.

Shaking her head, she turned back around, "Thank you for this opportunity." she offered them, giving a quick bow before heading off stage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 am
( Tsetsiliya is trying out for the part of Sally. )

Tsetsiliya steeled herself as she moved quickly across the stage. The lights were glaring, blinding, and it only made her nerves worse. It had been so long since the poludnica had tried out for anything, but she had loved this story so much growing up. She'd already made the mistake of mentioning it to her parents in her last letter home, and they were very much enthusiastic on the idea. Grandmother Nadya too had encouraged her to go for it.

Well, she had come to Amityville to make them proud, didn't she? She wouldn't know unless she tried! And wouldn't they be pleased to know that this was one of the few opportunities she had willingly worn one of the dresses her mother had special ordered for her? Her nervous gaze remained on her bare legs below the frayed hem, until she forced herself to look out at the audience, repeating a sort of mantra to keep her centered. If she got too nervous, she'd start to shift.. and she had to do her best and stay on top of things.

'You can do this! You can, you can, you can!'

"H-Hello!" Tsetsiliya's voice squeaked out into the seats, and she nervously cleared her throat and continued. "M-My name is Tsetsiliya Pavlova. I will be auditioning for.. for Sally." She swallowed nervously and backed away from the edge of the stage, in order to give herself proper room. And with a slow, steading breath, she began to sing.

"I sense there's something in the wind,
That feels like tragedy's at hand.."
The poludnica swayed in time with the music and sang. She had a soft voice, and even to her ears she knew it wasn't carrying very well into the audience. As she drifted across the stage with light steps, she urged herself to sing louder.

"A-AND though I'd like to stand by him --" The first part of the line squeaked out loudly and off-key, and she cringed.

"Can't shake this feeling that I have.." A tingle of nerves raced across her cheeks and danced on the tip of her nose. 'No, no, no -- stay in control!' She took another breath, a little deeper this time, and twirled dreamily around a forgotten skellyphone stand lingering towards the back of the stage. She had to keep moving, be light on her feet!

"The worst is just around the bend,
And does he notice --"
Tsetsiliya glanced down with melancholy as the tingling receded. 'There, there.. keep going!' She clasped her hands over her chest. "-- my feelings for him?" She moved towards center stage again with dancing steps, stumbling once over her quilted boots but luckily managing to recover herself so she didn't fall over.

"And will he see how much he means to me?" Her downcast gaze now looked towards the seats. "I think it's not to be."

There was a pause, and in a sudden rush of embarrassment she remembered where she was. "T-Thank you!" She bowed quickly, her headscarf slipping a little and she ran off stage. As she reached up to adjust it, her hands brushed the long, warted nose of the hag - which now rested center stage on her face. She made a low, embarrassed groan.

She'd really have to work on that.

alpha lyrae

Friendly Conversationalist

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 am
(Hadiyya is trying out for Sally, though wouldn't mind the role of Shock.)

A casual glance to the side had showed the audition notice and list of available roles pinned to a board beside the doors to the auditorium. It seemed familiar, as though she'd seen it pinned up other places, but she'd never stopped to read over it. She did now, the delicate point of her chin tipped to one side thoughtfully. Should she audition?

She did like to sing, and she'd always been rather found of the play. In fact she had the musical sound track somewhere on her eyepod.

Shrugging, she slipped into the auditorium. 'why not?'

------

"Next!"

Finally, it was her turn. She was actually excited, it was a rare occurring emotion for her, but one that brought a fierce smile to dark lips as she ascended the stairs to the stage to take her place under the bright central light.

"Hello. I'm Hadiyya, and I'll be trying out for the role of Sally." There wasn't a single waver in her voice as she spoke, and after a little nod to those in the audience, she moved off to one side of the stage.

Shoulders relaxed, chin down and features softly concerned, she touched a hand to her chest. Glancing over her shoulder at those seated in the dark auditorium. "Oh, how I hope my premonition is wrong.."

There was no music to accompany her, not out loud anyways, but the instruments started up in her head as she started walking.

"I sense there's something in the wind~" A pivot of her heel turned her hip and she stepped into a loose spin, arms spreading in a lovely twirl as she moved cross the stage.

"That feels like tragedy's at hand"

"And though I'd like to stand by him"

"Can't shake this feeling that I have"

"The worst is just around the bend~"

She sang as though she were talking to herself, torn and tormented. Subtle gestures of hand and head exaggerated into some lovely little dance to please the eye and entice the audience. Graceful and hypnotic, she moved and danced, like the timeless roll of the seas.

"And does he notice my feelings for him?" Her head back, eyes fluttered closed, the demoness pressed hands back to hr chest, swaying, spinning. Longing etched on arabic features.

"And will he see how much he means to me?" She stilled in her twirling, letting herself sink to the stage on folded knees and a pool of ocean blue skirts.

"I think it's not to be..." She let the note hover in the air, elongated for dramatic effect before it faded into silence and the marid was left with her hands in her lap, and her head down. A fall of dark hair half hiding the sorrow she'd played along brow and pouted lips.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 pm
(( West is trying out for Zero. ))

Westus hadn't wanted to show up at this idiotic audition in the first place, mandatory or not. He wasn't afraid to try out or anything, he just had better things to do with his time. And he couldn't sing. Or act. At all. He was only here because his mother had somehow found out about the play and had insisted he audition. If he didn't at least make the attempt, he was sure she would know that too, and that would be bad.

The wrath demon narrowed his eyes at his mother's crumpled letter before shoving it into a pocket. He wished for about the millionth time that she hadn't included their shared surname in her loopy pretentious signoff. She might have had twenty names to keep her safe from becoming a slave, but West only had the three. He sighed. Whatever.

When the ghoul before him had finished, West tossed a white sheet over his head - complete with eyeholes - and stomped out to the center of the stage, his buckle-covered boots clearly visible beneath his 'costume.' He unfurled his rarely used wings and spread them wide, hiking the hem even higher. What. EVER.

"West," he grunted. "'m Zero." He spoke slowly for a change, conscious of the fact that there was a sheet over his head, if not that he was mostly unintelligible a good percentage of the time anyway. West fleetingly wondered if he should have practiced for this audition, but then the thought was gone and he was off, launching himself into the air and zipping about rather clumsily for two or three seconds. He slowed considerably after his brief display, gliding back down to the stage. His features twisted in disgust as the sheet billowed around him and floated away from his body, landing quite a few feet away from where he did.

"That's all," West muttered. He gave the offending bedding as solid a kick as one could give a sheet before clomping off of the stage.  

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Rii_Hon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:04 pm
((Livius for the part of Jack))

It had been impossible for Livi to not hear about this play. After all, every ghoul and their after spirit was chattering about it; good or bad. Either way, he found the concept... amusing. And so he prepared. His singing voice wasn't the best out there, but he could carry a tune well enough... without causing ears to bleed, thankfully and he was the 'KING' of acting... well, so he had been told. But that didn't stop him from entering the auditions dressed to the nines for the occasions. Jack Skellington is the King of Halloween, after all! And there was truly no other role he felt he could do. And it never hurt to aim high, right? Right. It wa sjust a play, after all. Though, Jack wasn't much for wearing green with his attire, but Livi wasn't entirely keen on such dark colors on himself for too long.

His outfit was almost the same suit and skull tie Jack himself had worn at one time, but there were thin green pinstripes instead of the traditional white. His lips were black stitching on the sides to make them appear elongated and somewhat skeleton-like. Perhaps it had been a good thing he had saved those make up magazines all those girls had given him over the years. While he waited for his turn, he hummed the verse he was to use for the audition. Really? Only one? Odd audition, to be honest. Usually, the whole song was required... or the person was told to stop mid-way. But... his eyes swept over the amount of students showing and he could understand the limit.

Best to give everyone their fair shot, right? When his turn was up, he strode out, head held high and not an ounce of nerves on him. Please, he was an Envy demon. They didn't get stage fright or nerves! It took him a bit to set up; bringing in some boxes made to look like festive gifts, some white fluff and various other things he could use for his audition. Standing before the judges, he straightened his tie and swept a bow before speaking. "I'm Livius. I'm auditioning for the part of Jack." His smile showed he wasn't nervous as he hopped back a hop and straightened. He was ready.

Clearing his throat, he began to sing, moving towards the first set of it. His face was filled with the wonder and bafflement as he picked up a string of lights, which were blinking a bit too brightly. "What's this? What's this? There's color everywhere..."

His head turned upward, as if he was watching falling snow, the lights dropping forgotten from his fingers as he reached a hand out towards the 'sky', as if to catch something; his brows knitting together as he tried to figure things out. "What's this? There's white things in the air. What's this?"

As he got more into the singing, he spun in a baffled circle and reached to tug at his hair as if the confusion was too much for him. "I can't believe my eyes, I MUST be dreaming! Wake UP, Jack, this isn't FAIR! What's this?" The last line was given like a child who had seen a shiny trinket on the ground; one second he had been filled with his inner torment. The next, his head was tilted in a new direction, his 'torment' forgotten as the new shiny caught his attention and he wandered towards it expectantly.

With all said and done, he bowed again and strode off the stage as happy as could be. Well, that could have gone a whole lot worse than it had! Actually, it had been rather... fun. A smile curved his lips as he fixed his mussed hair and went to sit down to watch the others. Least he wouldn't be bored for awhile.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:04 pm
((Malodore for the part of Lock!))

Why was it doing this?

It was basically the Battle of the Bands all over again - Gargantuan had sent a note, and suddenly the plague doctor was on the stage with the spotlights on with very little memory of exactly what had transpired to get it there.

Merde.

The production, at least, was familiar to Malodore; it definitely did not want a starring role, so had chosen Lock, as at least Lock wore red (like Malodore) and had a hat (very important).

Trying to make the best of a bad job, Malodore cleared its throat. "I am, ah, L.C. Malodore, auditioning for the role of Lock. My prior stage credits include... guitarist in the smash hit band Barbed Doctor and the Organic Nation." That, at least, was true, even if Malodore's definition of 'smash hit' might be a bit more literal than the gnomes'.

"Ahem."

Malodore crumpled the script a little as the music began to play; its tail-tip flipped back and forth, keeping in time with the beat of the music. When it opened its beak, its voice was surprisingly clear and on-pitch, if a bit lacking in emotional oomph... and a bit heavy on the Italian...

"I've got something, ascoltiamo ora,
This one is molto bene, you'll see
We'll send un regalo to his door
Upon there'll be a note da leggere
Now, in the box we'll aspettare e nascondere
Until his curiosità entices him to look inside..."

... Was it Malodore's fault that it had seen productions only in its native language?

The plague doctor bowed and shuffled offstage, rather nonplussed with the whole endeavor.  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm
((Gargantuan is trying for the role of Barrel!))

The logic, really, was simple. Barrel had always been the bigger, slightly awkward one of the great and mighty Oogie Boogie's trio. Gargantuan was... well, big. Now, after the band fiasco, one might think that the swamp beast was completely through with any school sponsored events.

Fortunately, most of the horrors of bashing-and-being-bashed had faded to unpleasant memories, and he hadn't hesitated to cheerfully harass his two favorite friends in order to try out with him. Malodore and Sumi would be good at playing parts, he just knew it!

Gargantuan shuffled onto stage, his ribboned bucket hat positioned precariously on his round head so he could look his best, and from the looks of it, Malodore had just tried out.

Maybe Sumi could be Shock!

"Hullo." Came the deep rumble, and the beast was suddenly extremely nervous about being on stage. Last time he'd had to give a speech, and that had been scary! "G wanna be Barrel. G be good Barrel!"

And with that, it was time for the audition! "KIDNAP DA SANDY CLAWS, CHOP 'IM INTO BITSSSS," Came the first roar, and the monster began to stomp around the stage ferociously, waving his arms as he did.

"MISTAH OOGIE BOOGIE IS SURE TO GET 'IS KIIIIICKS," He bellowed, tail beginning to wag in great, sweeping arches across the stage. This was fun! He actually felt... dare he say it, scary!

"KIDNAP DA SANDY CLAWS, SEE WHAT WE'LL SEEEEE~" Stomp, stomp, stomp.

"LOCK 'IM IN DA CAGE, ANDDEN, THROW AWAY DA KEEEEEY,"

With that, the "singing" was over. Gargantuan paused sheepishly when he realized he had nothing left to sing, and shuffled back to the center of the stage. "G don't really wanna cut up Mr. Sandy Claws, promise." He said after a moment, awkwardly bowed, and shuffled off stage as quickly as he could.

He'd liked that!

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces