Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] Blood brothers (Ban'ma/Zaid/Naim'Namir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 pm
User Image

Ever since she'd heard the news, Ban'ma had been dead set on seeking out Namir. She wanted to see with her own eyes that her 'son' was back in the pride lands, with banu of his own! A full grown Pad; she couldn't believe it!

The lioness jogged, trying to keep her pace as even as possible for the sake of the cub she held in her maw. Her older head set high on her shoulders, surrounded by a boa of fur. Ban'ma wanted to see him so bad it hurt, but she couldn't leave all of her cubs with Maua and Tsubame, since they had so much to do already. So, she took one; a small offer, but since he tended to be more the problem child, it was worth it.

Zaid yawned sleepily, his blue-grey eyes barely opened wide enough to look around. Where were they? This wasn't home, and where was Avatefeh? She should have been there. He wriggled in his mother's grip, whimpering when she jerked him up. Stay still, got it.

The young cub snuggled back against the boa and dug his toes into it's folds for support. Though his mother wasn't the best huntress or the smartest in the harem, she was definately the showiest, and that was what he loved most about her. Even in a crowd of her own relatives, he'd never lose her, which was something he feared everytime they were apart.

Now, where were they going? Something about a brother, but that couldn't be right. He had plenty already.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 pm
User Image

Namir had only been back three days but he knew that his return had been marked by the border guards and other pride members. From there his return probably spread like wildfire as the banu began to talk. He didn't mind really but he sort of hoped he got to stop in to see his mothers before one of them came to see him.

With a deep breath to steal himself he stepped from his den ready to head over to his parents. Rana was still settling in and he was not about to disturb her even though he knew she wanted to meet his family, meeting all 21 of them all at once. No that's not right, He mentally corrected himself. Farrah said that one of them were about to have cubs and of course some of the girls have gone to Pads. With a smile and a quick head shake he took a few steps in the direction of his parent's when he noticed a cream and blue figure hurrying towards him, holding something it her mouth no less.

"Ban'ma?" He said basically to himself, even if it wasn't a horribly quiet question. When the figure drew closer Namir's smile grew quite wide. He loved Ban'ma and it didn't surprise him that she decided to come see him. With a laugh he bounded forward, still the cub at heart. And like the cub he once was he soon found himself face first in the dirt after tripping over air.

He glanced up at his Auntie Ban'ma, Namir still didn't know why he called her that since she was just as much as a mother to him as his actual mother. "Hi" he said sheepishly and yet full of amusement.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm
Ban'ma's heart soared the moment she saw Namir. He looked so much...older! And so young at the same time. When she saw him approach, she saw the cub he had once been and sure enough, he fell just like he always had. It brought tears to her eyes.

She sat Zaid down on the ground and reached forward to brush the mane from Namir's eyes with a smile. "I told myself I wouldn't cry, but...I just...oh, sweetheart!" The lioness dropped down to coddle the Pad.

Zaid just stared. Who was the stranger that his mother was touching and why was she crying? Only his sister's did that. He tipped his head to the side, and curled his lip. "You 'ook wike 'bame." His face was what set it off for the cub, and for some reason that disturbed him.

Still, he was as curious as a cub can be and ventured closer, his similar eyes looking the elder male over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 am
Namir laughed and snuggled his Auntie. "Ban'ma its great to be back." He buried his face in her boa before pulling back and sitting up. "Well I can see I've missed much around here." He said eyeing her new items. "Very nice"

Namir had completely forgotten about the bundle Ban'ma had been carrying and it wasn't until a young voice spoke that he realized that there was a little cub watching the reunion. "Hum? Well that's because she is my mother" He said distractedly before looking down at the cub. It only took a glance to tell the young pesar was his father's son, and Ban'ma's too if the bright blue hair was any marker. Speechless he just glanced between the cub and Ban'ma. Farrah had said that one of his mother's were pregnant but he didn't even guess that it was Ban'ma who was about to be a mom, correction was a mom.

A wide smile broke out a crossed his face. He couldn't help but snuggle Ban'ma again. "Congratulations." Namir smiled down at the cub, "Hello little brother."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:05 pm
Ban'ma laughed and wiped her eyes with the back of her paw. Her energy bounced back with his comment, and she tossed her head up, posing for a minute before bursting into laughter. "It's wonderful to have you back, Namir. What about your banu? Or Beybanu? Whats she like?"

Zaid's mouth dropped open. "Big bro'ver?" He had more? But why was he gone? Oh, wait, father told him about that and so did everyone else... The young Pesar walked up his brother and leaned up so he could put his paws on Namir's face, then gave a dramatic sniff. Yep, that was his brother. "Wher've you be?" He pouted. It wasn't fair to have a really big brother that he couldn't play with.

Ban'ma snickered. "Thank you, but I should be saying congragulations. You've just found the most annoying little brother ever." Even so, she smiled affectionately at her son. After so long, she'd finally gotten the cubs she'd always wanted and life couldn't be better. "Surprise!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:24 pm
Namir laughed at Ban'ma's posing. He was really glad to be back. "Rana? Oh Rana is back at the den." He looked back over his shoulder. "I want to give her a few days before exposing her to the huge mess of our family." He smiled just thinking about the family reunion there would likely be. "Rana is as sweet as can be and I know that she will get along with everyone." He didn't really know how to brioche the subject of her just being his banu so he avoided it completly.

He looked down at his little brother. The little Pesar seemed sort of surprised so when he put his paws on Namir's face Namir couldn't help but make a funny face. "Where have I been? Well lots of places. I've been in the rouge lands. Basically a lot of grass although I did spend some time in some hot springs. I learned about herbs and healing." He glanced over at Ban'ma. "This way when I fall I can heal myself." He laughed at himself.

Namir was curious about Ban'ma's comment of the Pesar being annoying. "Aww he cant really be that annoying. Can you?" He directed the question at the cub before asking, "So little brother what shall I call you besides 'squirt'?"

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 pm
"Thats probably for the best. It's a shocker the first time around." Ban'ma nodded sympathetically. She'd been prepped in advance for the family, but she was still floored never the less. Of course, now, it was everyday for her. "I look forward to meeting her. Any girl you picked must be a Goddess in disguise."

Zaid laughed at Namir's face, his eyes lighting up with mirth. He liked his brother already. "Rouge lands? Dats bad! Y'er not 'upp'ose ta go d'ere." He shook his head adamently and looked to his mother for confirmation, then back to Namir.

She laughed and nodded. "Thats right, but he's bigger than you are, so it's alright." She let out a relieved sigh and saluted the Gods. "Thank goodness. I seriously worried about whether you would make it back in one piece or not, but now I'm worry free. For the most part." She turned back to the cub.

Zaid snubbed his nose at the insult and stuck out his tongue and shaking his head. "M'mm not a-noi-ing," not that he knew what it meant, mind you. It just sounded bad. "M'mm Zaid."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm
Namir nodded. "Thats what I figured. I hope I explained everything and made it easy for her but I also wanted to find a den right away to give her a place for solitude, sort of like the tree momma goes to when she is angry." Namir remembered the first time he followed Tsubame to the beat up tree that was in a secluded spot. He was shocked when his quiet, loving mother took a swipe at the scared tree, her claws leaving new gashes. Namir left without ever really asking his mother what bothered her that much, he learned latter that it was his mother's way of releasing frustration and even though he wasn't sure what her frustration was from he figured it was probably from a few of the things he himself disliked... the mistreatment of banus.

When Zaid said that the rouge lands were off limits he nodded quite seriously, "That it is but like Ban'ma said I'm bigger then you so until your an adolescent stay away from the border unless an adult is with you." It was the same warning he got from Ban'ma, Maua, Tusbame, and Achal.

Namir was surprised that Ban'ma was that worried about him, "But Ban'ma you and mom and maua and dad taught me how to survive out there. You guys did a great job." He gave her a quick nuzzle before asking a question that he wondered about, "So has anyone else gotten back yet?" Namir hadn't really encountered anything bad out in the rouge lands but he knew there were things out there that were dangerous. His brothers could care for themselves but still there was that worry buried deep in his mind.

"It's nice to meet you Zaid, I'm Namir." He smiled down at the cub.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:16 pm
Ban'ma nodded. She knew all about Tsubame's tree and made a point of never going near it, even when the Beybanu wasn't there. She didn't have a tree. Maybe it was her ignorance or simple lack of public decorum, but Ban'ma wasn't afraid to let her opinions be known in the solitude of the den. She'd ranted and raved for hours, but had never struck out at anyone, even when she desperately wanted to.

Zaid frowned and nodded. It was the same warning that had no doubt been passed around the den for longer than he'd been alive. "Mm'kay, big bro'ver Namir." He sat back, content with pondering over something while his mother spoke.

"Well, I know that." She rolled her eyes and rubbed her cheek against his, then ruffled his mane with her paw. "But your like a son to me, so what else can I do, but worry? And no, no one else has returned, so far as I know. Honestly, if they don't get back soon, I'm going to go out there and do it for them." She pulled back with a laugh. Wouldn't that be a sight!

"I'll do it!" Zaid piped in. "I'll do it. We'll go to'gever." He looked at Namir, then back to his mother. "But Ava can't come. She'll get cooties on everything." The cub groaned, his ears flipped back on his head.

"Is that any way to talk about your sister?"

"No."

"S'what I thought."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm
Namir smiled, but it was slightly tinged with sadness. He knew that he was trusting Rana into a completly new world. One with many rules and restrictions. He grew up with them, he was born a male, but Rana only had him to explain it and he hoped to all the gods that he made everything clear because he really did love his banu and it would kill him if she could not take it. That seemed to be the main thing that haunted him through out his time in the rouge lands, what would happen if the female he chose to love desired to leave?

When his little brother spoke the young voice pulled Namir from his thoughts and the older lion smiled genuinely down at the young cub. "Thats good to hear."

"And your like a mother to me Ban'ma" He gave her a quick nuzzle. Ban'ma's announcement that he was the first back startled and worried him. "I think I might just join you on that trip." He would have sworn that at least Ciro would have beat him back if not Mi'Rage.

He smiled down at his brother once again, proud of his adventurous nature but the mention of a sister surprised him. Namir didn't really know why it was so shocking that Ban'ma had more cubs then just Zaid but it just didn't occur to him that there would be more cubs. "Ava? Ban'ma how many more brothers and sisters do I have anyway?"

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 pm
Ban'ma tapped the bottom of her chin with thoughfully, then shrugged with a sigh. "Don't take me on my word alone. Your father is much more knowledgeable about that. I've been stuck in a bubble lately." Her sarcastic tone betrayed her emotions. She loved her cubs from the bottom of her heart, but she missed gossiping with the other Banu.

She put her paw down ontop of Zaid's head to ruffle his little mane. The young mother said back with a cheesy grin. "Five more, six in total. Three brothers and three sisters, and I'm sure they would all love to meet you."

Zaid pushed his mother's paw away, then stuck out his tongue. He couldn't be manly with her so close!....But she didn't have to leave, not yet anyway. "Ava's da worst, 'tho. We're to'gever alot and she-" He let out a sharp yelp when Ban'ma popped him one on the back of the head. Guiltily, he hung his head, and murmured, "She's a good sis'tur."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 pm
"A bubble?" Namir didn't quite get the reason why Ban'ma would be in a metaphorical bubble. "And I'll ask Dad when I see him next." He really was curious as to who was still at home, who had a pad, who/if anyone else besides himself has returned.

"Wow so it seems that the den is still pretty even males to females. I bet Dad is really proud and I know I am proud to be a older brother. I can't wait to meet everyone." Namir was planing on going back to the den over the next day or two so meeting the new cubs wasn't going to be a big issue, he hoped.

Namir laughed at the antics of his little brother. "You know when I was little I always thought my sisters were strange too but as I got older I realized it wasn't my sisters that were strange but females in general. Males rarely understand females." He smiled at Ban'ma before adding, "but that is what makes them so interesting."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 pm
Ban'ma smiled guiltily. "Well, what I mean is, I haven't been out alot, what with the cubs and all. This is my first day out." And how happy she was! She appreciate everything her family did for her, but if she hadn't broke out today she would have gone insane.

Zaid's eyes grew wider. "Girls really are icky then." He stuck out his tongue and shook his head. He NEVER wanted a harem! Ever, ever, ever! Exspecially if he had to let girls come into it. That was just...no!

While her son was having a mini spaz attack, Ban'ma just winked. "You know it. Without us, what would happen to you Pads? Honestly." She tsked. "And as much as I hate to say it, I think we should be going back. I need to drop off Zaid, then go on the hunt."

Zaid whined. "Aww, mom! Don't wanna go." He frowned, then whipped around on Namir with a smile. "Can I stay with you, bro'ver? Please? Plleeeeasssseeeee?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm
"I can imagine watching six cubs would make things difficult." Namir could really only guess what it would be like to be stuck in the den with half a dozen cubs, or more if his other siblings were staying home as well. He made a silent promise that when he had cubs he would do his best to help out Rana.

Namir smiled down at his brother, "I'm sure you wont always think that way little bro."

When Ban'ma said they had to go Namir nodded. He wished he could help some how so when Zaid asked if he could stay Namir smiled. Speaking to Ban'ma he offered, "I can take him home Ban'ma, that way you can have a little bit of time before you have to go hunting. Besides I need to see everyone as well. I'll just have to tell Rana whats going on but I'm sure Zaid wouldn't mind walking back with me. Would you?" He asked his little brother.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 pm
Zaid shook his head back and forth furiously. The little cub bounced up on his paws with an excited squeal. He was going to spend more time with his big brother! And get to see his Banu. "Nuh uh! I really wanna go, mom. Please, pleasepleaseplease.

Ban'ma's ears flipped up. "Really? Thats so nice of you, Namir." Looking down at Zaid, all she could do was bend down to lick his little snout. "You better behave, squirt. Don't give your brother any trouble, and make sure to be on your best behavior around Rana."

"Mm'kay mom." He chirped.

"Well, alright then. Goodbye, sweetie." She moved forward to brush up against him in a motherly way, then passed one last look to the both of them before jogging off to 'work'.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games