Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply Language Learning - Europe
Feedback on Language Threads

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 am
In order to keep language-teaching threads organized and free of unwanted commentary, this sticky will be the thread to voice your opinions and concerns. Everything will be taken into consideration.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 am
Perhaps a collective list of all the lessons by language that are in each subforum as they continue to grow. Maybe in a suggested order of which to read first? Someone did that with all the writing tips in one of my groups on goodreads...

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm
Hermonie Urameshi
Perhaps a collective list of all the lessons by language that are in each subforum as they continue to grow. Maybe in a suggested order of which to read first? Someone did that with all the writing tips in one of my groups on goodreads...

Good idea. What do you mean by, "...in a suggested order of which to read first?"?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am
Like if one thread is an intro to a language, another is the comments thread, and another is the lessons, but they keep falling down the page, you can have links to them. Like a good order for Shizuka Mizu's Latin threads would be: the lesseons, the comments, the vocab list, then the grammar tables.

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm
Hermonie Urameshi
Like if one thread is an intro to a language, another is the comments thread, and another is the lessons, but they keep falling down the page, you can have links to them. Like a good order for Shizuka Mizu's Latin threads would be: the lesseons, the comments, the vocab list, then the grammar tables.

When I linked the threads, I did something like that. How does it look?  
Language Learning - Europe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games