Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply Language Learning - Europe
Claiming a Language - For Teachers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:59 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Henneth Annun
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

I can do both. Perhaps formal in the beginning, and colloquial for those who wish to study further?

That's okay. Just be aware that colloquial and literary English are different, so make sure that the people using your thread will be able to use English in speech and in writing. smile I made, a while ago, some notes for English grammar that I can send you or show you if you need some ideas or help.

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
Which regional variety of colloquial do you plan to teach?
American~

Which variety of American English will you be teaching? If you want some information on Canadian English (including vocabulary and spelling, accent, grammar) I can help a bit, as I am Canadian. wink

You received the lesson rubric? Hope the lesson turns out great! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 pm
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Henneth Annun
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

I can do both. Perhaps formal in the beginning, and colloquial for those who wish to study further?

That's okay. Just be aware that colloquial and literary English are different, so make sure that the people using your thread will be able to use English in speech and in writing. smile I made, a while ago, some notes for English grammar that I can send you or show you if you need some ideas or help.

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
American~

Which variety of American English will you be teaching? If you want some information on Canadian English (including vocabulary and spelling, accent, grammar) I can help a bit, as I am Canadian. wink

Southern American~  

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:24 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Henneth Annun
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
American~

Southern American~

I'm glad I caught you before you put too much into it. If you're going to teach American English, it should be posted in the Americas subforum.

Chibi, ignore the part of my PM about placing it in the European subforum; it might be best to place it in the Americas.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:49 pm
Shizuka Mizu
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Henneth Annun
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
American~

Southern American~

I'm glad I caught you before you put too much into it. If you're going to teach American English, it should be posted in the Americas subforum.

Chibi, ignore the part of my PM about placing it in the European subforum; it might be best to place it in the Americas.

Will do~!  

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Shizuka Mizu
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
American~

Southern American~

Will do~!

Oops, I just realized that instead of quoting Shizuka Mizu, I edited his post razz I meant to ignore the PM before the last one I sent you.

Awesome! wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 pm
Hey, uh, would you like someone to teach Spanish?  

gravitybutton

Lonely Prophet

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 pm
His Majesty Christopher

That would be greatly appreciated, yes! If you are capable of teaching Spanish, by all means! I assume you are fluent?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:55 am
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

That would be greatly appreciated, yes! If you are capable of teaching Spanish, by all means! I assume you are fluent?

As much as I can be, I suppose, and although I'm not sure what truly counts as fluent I've been studying it very steadily for quite some time now. I'd love to teach it 3nodding  

gravitybutton

Lonely Prophet

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 pm
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

As much as I can be, I suppose, and although I'm not sure what truly counts as fluent I've been studying it very steadily for quite some time now. I'd love to teach it 3nodding

You're more than welcome, in that case! I will PM you a lesson rubric. You can start as soon as you're ready!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

You're more than welcome, in that case! I will PM you a lesson rubric. You can start as soon as you're ready!

Thank you :3 I have a question before I start, though. Should I stay in the Europe subforum or go to the Americas one? The Spanish of Spain and that of Latin America have small but distinct differences in verb forms and pronunciation, but don't necessarily need to be taught differently. I could do both at the same time, so should it be in the Europe one?  

gravitybutton

Lonely Prophet

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 am
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

Thank you :3 I have a question before I start, though. Should I stay in the Europe subforum or go to the Americas one? The Spanish of Spain and that of Latin America have small but distinct differences in verb forms and pronunciation, but don't necessarily need to be taught differently. I could do both at the same time, so should it be in the Europe one?

If you're going to specifically teach Latin American Spanish, then start in the Americas subforum. If you're going to teach Castilian, then place it in Europe. If you are going to teach the universal dialect of Spanish, then I would say still keep it in Europe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 am
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

If you're going to specifically teach Latin American Spanish, then start in the Americas subforum. If you're going to teach Castilian, then place it in Europe. If you are going to teach the universal dialect of Spanish, then I would say still keep it in Europe.

Okay, Europe it is.  

gravitybutton

Lonely Prophet

Precious Mucca

7,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:18 pm
Shizuka Mizu
His Majesty Christopher

I'm fluent in Spanish since my family is Mexican and I was raised in Mexico too. So if you need any help, let me know. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 pm
I notice you don't have a French teacher yet.

I would be more than happy to fill the position! While it's not my native language, I have been speaking French for nearly half my life. I'm pretty sure I can teach a thing or two about it.  

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:01 am
AJKline
I notice you don't have a French teacher yet.

I would be more than happy to fill the position! While it's not my native language, I have been speaking French for nearly half my life. I'm pretty sure I can teach a thing or two about it.

Absolutely!  
Language Learning - Europe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces