Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply Language Learning - Europe
Claiming a Language - For Teachers Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 am
One of the most important parts of this guild is to help people learn languages. This thread is for people willing to take the time to write notes to teach people the languages and to inspire others to continue their studies by introducing aspects of culture (literature, television festivals) that may interest people. [u]I expect you to continuously update your threads with new information every few days or weeks. If a thread is inactive for a long time, the next willing person will be given your language to teach.

I prefer people who are either native speakers or are well into their studies of the language that they are considered fluent.

Teachers should keep a list of all resources that they use or that other people use so students can find something they can purchase and use to further their studies. Must include full title and author's name.

Languages claimed by:

Albanian
Armenian
Basque
Belarusian
Bulgarian
Bosnian
Catalan
Czech
Croatian
Danish
Dutch
English
English - Southern American Dialect - Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Estonian
Finnish
French
Friulian
Gaelic
Gascon
German
Greek
Hungarian
Irish
Italian
Ladin
Latvian
Lithuanian
Macedonian
Norwegian
Occitan
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian - Rudolf von Bennigsen
Romansh
Russian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish - His Majesty Christopher Discussion
Swedish
Ukranian
Welsh

Classical Languages:
Latin - Shizuka Mizu Sign Up Discussion Vocabulary Notes
Classical Greek
Old Church Slavonic
Old English
Old Norse

Feel free to offer any languages you are willing to teach to this list.

(Any threads that I have started can be taken over by someone dedicated to teach those languages!)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm
I've been studying the classics for quite a long time now, and so, while they're not on the list, I could assist with Latin, ancient (Hellenistic) Greek and old (west) Norse. If anyone is interested in any of these languages, I would be more than willing to teach them.
All of these languages are precursors to quite a number of modern languages on this list, so even just learning the basics would certainly help you learn a very good chunk of this list pretty quickly. Good to know! ;D

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:30 pm
Shizuka Mizu
I've been studying the classics for quite a long time now, and so, while they're not on the list, I could assist with Latin, ancient (Hellenistic) Greek and old (west) Norse. If anyone is interested in any of these languages, I would be more than willing to teach them.
All of these languages are precursors to quite a number of modern languages on this list, so even just learning the basics would certainly help you learn a very good chunk of this list pretty quickly. Good to know! ;D

Ah, I was considering including them, but I forgot. Thank you for reminding me!

That would be great, if you can do it. How long have you been learning them? If you've been doing it for a while and are fluent (in regards to the written language), you can do so. But I do suggest you choose one and work more on teaching that before you start anything else. That way you can make a really thorough lesson, and when we get more members other people can create lessons to other languages that they may have more experience in.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:05 am
Romanian is my native language and I will be more than happy to help others learn it.  

Rudolf von Bennigsen

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 am
Rudolf von Bennigsen
Romanian is my native language and I will be more than happy to help others learn it.

Sounds awesome! It would be amazing for us to have Romanian. I'll add your number to Romanian and send you what we expect for the lessons.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 am
My native language is Croatian and, even if I don't really have any experience in teaching, I would like to try to make a few lessons mrgreen  

schooldrawer

8,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:43 am
schooldrawer
My native language is Croatian and, even if I don't really have any experience in teaching, I would like to try to make a few lessons mrgreen

Fantastic! I'll update my first post and send you our rubric. Don't be alarmed or put off by the rubric expectations; you can do it later, but I suggest you reserve the 10 posts in your thread for notes smile

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am
Mikagi-sama
schooldrawer

Fantastic! I'll update my first post and send you our rubric. Don't be alarmed or put off by the rubric expectations; you can do it later, but I suggest you reserve the 10 posts in your thread for notes smile

Thank you!

I'll try my best biggrin  

schooldrawer

8,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm
English is my native language. Even though it appears that everyone here can speak it fluently, I'd love to teach it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
English is my native language. Even though it appears that everyone here can speak it fluently, I'd love to teach it! biggrin

Absolutely! We'll have people who don't know English or are learning it, and it would be helpful.

What variety would you teach? Would you teach colloquial or the formal/ literary English? I'll PM you the rubric.  

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

Absolutely! We'll have people who don't know English or are learning it, and it would be helpful.

What variety would you teach? Would you teach colloquial or the formal/ literary English? I'll PM you the rubric.

I can do both. Perhaps formal in the beginning, and colloquial for those who wish to study further?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:24 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

I can do both. Perhaps formal in the beginning, and colloquial for those who wish to study further?

That's okay. Just be aware that colloquial and literary English are different, so make sure that the people using your thread will be able to use English in speech and in writing. smile I made, a while ago, some notes for English grammar that I can send you or show you if you need some ideas or help.  

Mikagi-sama
Crew

1,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 pm
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

That's okay. Just be aware that colloquial and literary English are different, so make sure that the people using your thread will be able to use English in speech and in writing. smile I made, a while ago, some notes for English grammar that I can send you or show you if you need some ideas or help.

That would be helpful~
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 pm
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
Which regional variety of colloquial do you plan to teach?  

Henneth Annun

Monochromosexual

Timid Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 am
Henneth Annun
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski
Mikagi-sama
Chibi_Ivan_Braginski

That would be helpful~
Thanks!
Which regional variety of colloquial do you plan to teach?
American~  
Language Learning - Europe

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces