Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 am
The holiday season is upon us! For those of us residing in the States it all starts with the celebration of Thanksgiving, followed by a shopping spree the next day of epic proportions for many, leading right on up to Christmas.

All you have to do to enter this give-away is post the following form, completely filled out.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]What are you thankful for?[/b]
[b]Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season?[/b]

---

[b]If I win I will be:[/b] Giving/Receiving
[b]Who will the gift be given to?[/b] (only needs to be filled out if the option selected above was 'Giving')
[b]Colors:[/b] (up to four, no less than two with the understanding that I reserve the right to tweak things here and there slightly or use variations on a color [lighter/darker] should I see fit)
[b]Inspiration:[/b] (can be a word, a song [please provide link if a song], a phrase or an image as long as the image is not a pre-existing pet or design concept)
[b]Species:[/b] (any of the SoA species save for gods and hybrids. this is more of an idea and stating a preference does not necessarily guarantee you will get that species)

I may draw a winner at any time and there may be multiple winners. This thread will remain open until at least 10pm EST on Sunday the 28th of November. It may be open later, but I make no guarantees.

There is no cost to enter. Each and every SoA given away in this event will be free.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:24 am
Username: Princess_Feylin
What are you thankful for? I am thankful that I live in a place with freedom of the press and protection for artists, where censorship is rarely allowed to become violent, and where people have the right to petition the government for change.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? I prefer to give, because I like to see people's faces when I get the gift just right and they're happy and tell me how wonderful I am for getting it right (I am a selfish giver).

---

If I win I will be: Giving (as a contest prize for the Myrsky Syntynyt)
Who will the gift be given to? unsure as yet
Colors: bronze, rust, brown, gold
Inspiration: Haggard's "Saltorella La Manuelina"
Species: feline  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 am
Username: JetAlmeara
What are you thankful for? My family, it's been a tough few months of late with allot of uncertainties but they are my constant.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Give

---

If I win I will be: Receiving
Who will the gift be given to?
Colors: Brown/Black/Tan/White
Inspiration: What I've done - linkin Park
Species: Lion  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 am
Username: Christopher Johnson
What are you thankful for? My husband's old horrible job, for letting him go, the government, for giving him free college tuition after they let him go, and my university, for hiring him last week for an incredibly nice state job with tons of benefits.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Give!

---

If I win I will be: Can I say undecided? XD;
Who will the gift be given to? If I give it away, it will be to one of my pals as a plotted relative of one of my SoA.
Colors: Wheat-gold, golden brown, russet, copper.
Inspiration: Sia - Breathe Me
Species: Lion/ess  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Cosmic-Mint

Seeker

4,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:09 am
Username: Aniia
What are you thankful for? I am thankful for my family and friends. I am especially thankful for my best friend and my husband for helping me act as the crutch for my dad in his time of need.

Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Giving, always!!

---

If I win I will be: Giving
Who will the gift be given to? My best friend Fatelin, for being there for me even when I really didn't deserve it. For standing up for me in my darkest time when it seemed the world turned its back on me.
Colors: Colorist's Choice
Inspiration: A Fallen Angel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 am
Username: She-Ra of Etheria
What are you thankful for? My friends and husband who are always there when I need them.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Giving

---

Who will the gift be given to? (only needs to be filled out if the option selected above was 'Giving')
Colors: Dark brown, medium brown, cream, white
Inspiration: Connections Are More Dangerous Than Lies by Ataris

She-Ra of Etheria

Dulcea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 am
Username: Dulcea
What are you thankful for? My sister, who has fought with psychological issues her whole life, now waking up to the fact that she's an adult and fighting hard to get back into school and make something of herself. My mother, for being uncharacteristically thoughtful and helping my sister when I can't be there. My dad, for keeping me sane and out of debt as I try to push through school here when I'd really like to be back in WA helping. His fiancee, for driving me around and helping me learn to drive, when she really doesn't need to do anything for me. My boyfriend, for aiding in the campaign to keep me sane and for always being loyal and trying to better himself. And lastly in what's become a speech, my new friends for making me feel welcome on campus and giving me a reason to come out of my shell.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Giving as much as I can, kind of broke though.

---

If I win I will be: Giving (Contest)
Who will the gift be given to? Unsure
Colors: White, blue, slate
Inspiration: Believe Me - For Minor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 am
Username: Scaramouche Fandango
What are you thankful for? I'm thankful for my research advisor and our study abroad program and the ladies who clean our dorms and basically everybody at this university who gets screwed over by its horrible policies and isn't paid a living wage but puts up with it anyway and for the civil rights movement and for third-wave feminism and for freedom of religion and for musicians who write songs about being yourself.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? It depends, honestly. When I'm with my siblings or friends, I prefer to give because I love to plan out presents for weeks in advance and overthink everything and go crazy with the wrapping paper and get all excited about giving it to them. However, I really like receiving, too. Knowing that somebody cares enough about me to give me a present is a pretty huge thing for somebody who had no friends until her junior year of high school. And I also know that my mom is just like me and I know that when I get excited about a gift, it makes her absolutely thrilled.

---

If I win I will be: Receiving.
Colors: Black, silver, and whatever you think looks nice
Inspiration: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 am
Username: Das Tor
What are you thankful for? I am thankful for people who care enough about me to consider me family.

---

Who will the gift be given to? NovaCracker
Colors: White, Pale Blue, Neon Green, Red
Inspiration: Winter Rave
Species: Leopard  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:48 am
Username: Talencia
What are you thankful for? Family and friends (pets included!), our house, but most of all my son and husband.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? I like to give most, but it is nice to recieve as well, not for the sake of the gift itself, but for the love it embodies.

---

Who will the gift be given to? Eftemie
Colors: Rich deep purple, gold, pale purple
Inspiration: This or this.
Species: leopard  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am
Username: Kay Thx
What are you thankful for? Chibi! <3 And CJ. And Pinch. The internet!
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? I like giving. I don't really want anything I don't already have - a computer and a TV. BD

---

Who will the gift be given to? Unsure!
Colors: Browns / tans.
Inspiration: Small animals and questionable song choices.
Species: Lion(ess)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 am
Username: TanuKyle
What are you thankful for? Alot of stuff. I'm thankful that I can still pay for my medication. I'm thankful my brother is doing better at school as he struggles with his issues. I'm thankful for inspiration. For art. For my country. And most of all for my friends.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Generally I like to give.....ALOT. xD

---

If I win I will be: Giving/Receiving
Who will the gift be given to? Rhea Hyuga (Newbie/Good Friend! 8D)
Colors: Black, Red, Gray, White
Inspiration: At One Fell Swoop
Species: Lioness/Lion  

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 am
Username: Lithia_Brandon
What are you thankful for? My Skye, of course! All the other internet buddies I have too, like Caj and Rem and Peach and Cherie and DFA and... oh. This'll be a while. And, in my REAL world, my twin. Who is more amazing than she really knows. Why am I only thankful for people? I'm also thankful for Rockband 3 and the keyboard it comes with. And my Wii. Also, Pokemon Yellow.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? Give.

---

Who will the gift be given to? Cajanic
Colors: Greens and browns!
Inspiration: Lithia_Brandon
Species: Lion!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:49 am
Username: Atheare
What are you thankful for? At this very second, the fact that the chaos in my life is calming down and I'm getting a bit of normalcy back. On the whole, my wonderful family, friends, and just having a good life in general.

---

Who will the gift be given to? Given away in a contest for Illud Per Altus Sententia
Colors: Light green, silver/gray, sky blue
Inspiration: Tong Hua (Fairy Tale)
Species: Hyena  

Atheare

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:56 am
Username: Redbud-Tree
What are you thankful for? Oh, wow. I really have too much to say here and not enough space. I don't want to make this TL;DNR or anything, but... I'm thankful that my Dad is still alive. He has diabetes, and all of it's oh-so-wonderful complications, such as heart problems, kidney failure, mini-strokes and neuropathy. Yet he's still here with my family, he's still alive and kicking and still just as much fun to be around. And he hasn't been in the hospital for over a month now, which is something I'm doubly thankful for. I'm also thankful that my family has enough food to last us through the winter, that we always have just enough to get by - even if it is pretty tight some months- and I'm thankful that our lives are so enriched by having a bunch of animals to love and that love us in return.
Do you prefer to give or receive during the holiday season? I love getting presents as much as the next person, but giving is where the fun truly lies. The holidays are a mixture of mischief and love in my family, because we give prank gifts right alongside the real ones! (For instance, my dad loves bacon, and I bought him a wallet that looks like a slab of bacon.) It makes for lots of love and laughter at this time of year.

---

Who will the gift be given to?
Colors: Russets, browns, reds and golds
Inspiration: Seasons of Love
Species: Leopard  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers