Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Morning Reflections (Hina'ea and Aolani) [[ FIN ]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:28 pm
User Image
Standing alone at the river's edge Aolani considered the scene below her. The river had begun to ice over and the mare was fascinated by the layers of frozen water and the patterns they created. Her breath misted in the cool air of dawn as she lowered her head to sip at the hole she had created with her hoof a moment earlier. The icy liquid soothed her throat but caused the mare to shiver unexpectedly. Raising her head after her drink allowed the mare to scan the horizon. The land was slowly turning from autumn into winter and the sight was something to behold.

Moving away from the river's edge Aolani's slow pace turned into a canter as she began her morning run to warm up. Morning was the perfect time to run as she never seemed to come across anyone ... but there was the odd morning that she would find others out and about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:48 pm
User Image

Rising slowly from his resting place atop a small mound, the teal haired stallion blinked almost sleepily. He had risen well before dawn as he did most mornings to do one of his favorite things, watch the sunrise. The contemplating of the disappearance of the night's darkness and the stars and the chance to the bright oranges, reds and soft purples of the coming morning was a simple pleasure the stallion took when ever possible. Stretching himself out slowly he let his bones pop and crack as he worked the kinks from his body.

Taking a few moments to make sure every strand of his hair was in its perfect place, Hina'ea turned himself in the direction of the closest river. There he knew he'd be able to get himself a refreshing drink and to check his appearance in rippling surface of the water. Moving in a slow leasurely pace, Hina'ea scanned the land out before him. Pausing for a moment he titled his head ever so slightly as not to mess his hair and peered into the distances. It was almost as if though a bit of the sky was moving toward him, but from the vaguely recognizable shape he assumed it was another soquili. How unusual most were not awake this early.

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 pm
Feeling the blood coursing through her veins Aolani laughed softly. The crisp air felt divine along her flank and as she ran her eyes caught a figure near to her position. Slowing to a simple trot Aolani meandered over to the figure before realizing that it was another Soquili. Her gaze took in the stallion as he watched her approach.

When she was close enough that she didn't have to shout she inclined her head in a simple, yet elegant nod before speaking. "Good morning to you sir. I'm sorry if I interrupted you. The hour is early of course but some are early birds among Soquili I find."

Now she was rambling a bit. Aolani silenced herself before glancing at the lightening sky as she waited for any response.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 pm
What an interesting mare Hina'ea thought to himself as he smiled listening to her for a moment. Now how to reply he wondered, tapping his hoof on the ground for the moment he smiled softly. " Ah It was no bother, lovely. You did not interrupt me, I had simply finally gotten up from watching the sunrise and was on my way to the river to get a drink."

Now what? Hina'ea asked himself silently, he had realized she might have been rambling from their early morning meeting. It was certainly odd for him as well to run across some one so early but he thought he himself might be rambling to now. So much for early morning conversation where he sounded suave.

Seizing the moment, the stallion looked his fill of the mare now in his company. She was lovely in her own way. Like a bright summer day her coat was fine sky blue sprinkled with a pattern that looked like clouds. And her hair called to mind what the two leggers called a rainbow. Magical streaks of color normally seen across the sky were repeated in her mane and tail. In the back of his mind Hina'ea wondered how the colors of her hair would shift and move as she moved.

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Sensing an opening in which she could possibly provide some insight into the day Aolani smiled softly. "I just came from the river. It's very lovely down at the edge with the ice starting to form. Although the water is a little cold at the moment."

Here Aolani paused to rub her muzzle along her foreleg to soothe an itch. At was at this moment that she had realized that the stallion had called her "lovely". A slight blush colored her cheeks as she raised her head to observe the stallion discretely. He was certainly a looker. Long flowing locks were the color of the water she'd seen from afar before and the stallion's color coat seemed to be a lovely shade of purple.

"I'm glad I did not interrupt you sir. The morning sunrise is something beautiful to take in. It's very peaceful I find as well."

Taking a small pause Aolani launched into more conversation. "Can I inquire as to your name sir? I am Aolani."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:02 pm
" I was named Hina'ea after a goddess of sunrises and sunsets in a far away place. Sunrises are my favorite, the shifting of colors, the birds awakening and singing their morning songs, it is indeed very peaceful." Turning his gaze away from the mare for a moment toward the direction of the river. " Cold water will do me good, I awoke well before done and I am a bit on the tired side still. A brisk cold will get rid of that hopefully."

Turning back to the mare, he smiled again tilting slightly as he caught her gaze. " I know you just came from the river but would you like to join me in going there? It is so very rare I run across a lovely being up at the same hour of the mornings that I am."

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:17 pm
Aolani glanced back from the direction of the river and then back to Hina'ea. Here was someone who was seeking out her company for a little while and who was she to decline the offer. There was a chance that this morning could result in Aolani gaining a new friend. That idea appealed to the young mare. Her eyes widened considerably as she spoke. "I would like to take you up on the offer Hina'ea. The ice might be a little thin in places but the journey there is exhilarating."

With those words Aolani's hooves struck the ground hard as she turned away from the stallion and trotted easily away before breaking out into an easy loping motion. She was sure that Hina'ea would not be long in catching up to her at this pace.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:59 am
Blinking lazily for a moment, the stallion watched his new companion head off without making sure he was coming along. Shaking his head slowly, Hina'ea released a soft laugh before taking off after the mare. He sped up only enough to swiftly catch up with Aolani before easing it trot that appeared almost to be prance like. Hina'ea had long ago learned to move himself at different speeds in ways that he knew would not mess up his hair and his mind they were the most appealing ways to show himself off at whatever speed.

Tilting his head once again he gazed up Aolani taking a moment to admire the way she moved. He found himself almost fascinated by the way her hair took the slight breeze her movements caused and the way the colors of her hair moved and shifted. Delightful.

" So tell me lovely, why are you up so early this morning? Its been some time since I saw any one else about at this hour. Though I tend to go to lonely places to watch the sunrise in peace."

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm
Aolani's breath still misted in the cool air as she ran. She'd heard Hina'ea's hoof beats signify that he had caught up and the mare felt content enough to allow her gaze to roam free. Since the path to the river had already been traveled once this morning the mare believed that it was alright if her attention wavered just a little bit. Her gaze took in the leaves that littered the ground and the colors of the lightening sky. Sunrise was over but there was still small hues of pink streaming across the heavens. Aolani felt as free as one could be before letting her attention return to hear Hina'ea ask his question.

"I'm always up early these days. Sometimes it is the birdsong in the morning that breaks through my sleep and signifies that it's time to get up - even if it is still dark. Most days though I tend to find myself rising early as I feel the cold in the air and as soon as I acknowledge it ... I tend to wake up. No one is usually around so I'll get important things done then before lazing a bit in the afternoons. These days that I'm up early though I usually like to see the sunrise too. Although I'll just watch it from the places I spend the night."

Aolani gathered her bearings during her speech and began to slow her pace a little. The river lay just ahead and she didn't care to be distracted enough that she'd fall in. As if imagining that fate Aolani shivered before coming to a complete stop.

"There's the river Hina'ea."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:00 pm
" I tend to spend my days much the same way" Hina'ea replied before turning his gaze to the river. From their position he could see the ice gathering and growing at the river's edge in some places. The water would indeed have a nice chill to it. " It always seems best to get the important things done early so you won't forget to do any of them. I do most of my daily routine and important things in the mornings." Mostly getting himself looking fine of the day to come in all truths, but that was important to him so it was important over all in his mind.

Slowing himself to a lazy strut the closer the grew to the river Hina'ea tossed his hair slowly before letting it settle back down into place." Lazy after noons are also a good time. I don't know what I would do day after day beside be lazy in the afternoons. I tend to have nothing else to do."

Turning his head he found himself once again watching the mare now with him as he drew to a stop near her. " the water does indeed look icy I can almost feel its chill from just standing so close. This will actually be my second year in a place that has winter snow. Its almost magical the pure white...ness everywhere"

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 pm
Aolani watched as Hina'ea tossed his hair back and she stood for a moment contemplating the reason behind this. Mulling it over in her mind Aolani found no reason to ask about the stallion's strange behavior before stepping closer to the river's edge. She scanned the icy surface for any sign of the hole that she had made before and found it a few feet downstream. The ice had already started to close around the edges and very carefully the mare stepped forward and brought her hoof down to open the narrow hole up again. A tiny drop of water clung to her foreleg and she shook it off before stepping back. Since she'd already had a drink she'd allow Hina'ea the opportunity to go before her.

"This will be my first winter. I came to these lands in the summer so I don't really know what to expect from the weather."

Gazing at the river and it's coating of ice though made Aolani draw in a deep breath, "I must say though ... this season tends to make things beautiful."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm
Moving to the river Hina'ea peered down at the ice before a moment before moving back to a small hoof sized rock. Lining up rock he gave it a kick hard enough to move it to the edge of the ice. Following the rock he gently nudged it atop the thin ice before stepping down on it just enough to cause it to break a hole within the ice but leaving him dry. Examining the hole for a moment he nodded slightly to himself, that was good enough.

" I came from a place that had winter but not like this it simply got chilly for a while then went back to summer weather. Here it cold, sometime to the point you can feel it deep within your bones. And Snow covers everything at time, Like bits off clouds have fallen off and scattered to the earth below. It makes everything more..." He frowned pausing for a moment and he tried to think of a proper word. " More.. pure... looking...its sort of odd"

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 pm
Aolani listened to Hina'ea explain his experiences with winter as she took another draught of the icy river water. Shivering in delight as the cool liquid traveled into her stomach Aolani paused before tilting her head to the side.

"That's an nice story Hina'ea. I like autumn but I'm not sure if I like the sound of this winter. It sounds too cold. This snow sounds like it'd be a nice thing to experience. How much longer do you think it'll be before we see some?"

The mare ducked her head briefly before letting her gaze settle on Hina'ea's form. She wanted to know more about this winter and also the stallion himself. However it was her questioning nature that sometimes got the mare into trouble. But Hina'ea did not look dangerous to her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm
Lowering his head Hina'ea took a long drink of the chilled water as he thought. The low temperature of the water was refreshing and thrilling, he shook off the slight shiver that rolled over his body as the cold settled into his stomach for a brief moment.

" It is most certainly cold at times. But it is not always a bad cold, the beauty of it makes up for the cold most of the time anyways." Gazing down at the icy water then turning his eyes upwards to the sky, the stallion contemplated for a moment. " Soon I think, not this night but probably in the next week or so the snow will fall from the heavens." Smiling he looked to the mare and caught her gaze upon him. Puffing himself up a bit he smirked shifting slightly in way that cause the muscles along the side of his body to ripple and show off.

" But it in the end it hard to say if the snow will even come. If it does not get cold enough it won't"

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 am
Aolani listened with rapt attention to Hina'ea. She was glad that she'd found the stallion as she was glad for his company - and he seemed knowledgeable about many things. The discussion about winter and the weather was fascinating the mare and she knew a little about the subject. Not only was the subject fascinating - Aolani had to admit to herself that the lecturer wasn't too hard to gaze at either. With that simple thought she blushed again. However she wanted to impress Hina'ea as well. So when Hina'ea stopped talking Aolani moved a few paces closer before speaking.

"And when the weather does not get too cold for snow - would we end up with rain instead? Or is there something else?"

Letting that question out Aolani glanced down at the icy water. It was hard to comprehend that the seasons were changing. However she was very intrigued by this idea of snow and she could not wait for it to get here. She pranced on the river's edge for a moment before stopping. "Oops."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff