Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] You're so small! (Carmella & Kelebek)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sawaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 am
User Image

Kelebek pranced around the deserted field, chasing butterflies. She was fascinated by them, and found them the most beautiful things in the world. She wished with all her heart that she could one day grow a pair of flutter wings like Hathi. Or maybe momma could make them for her? She longed to feel a gush of wind underneath her as she could soar the skies.

Kelebek was day-dreaming away while she crouched and jumped stealthily after the butterflies. She'd never even dream of hurting one because they were just so beautiful! She fixated her eyes on one, and lowered herself down into the tall grass, her butt sticking out of the tops. The blue butterfly landed on a blad of grass and elegantly closed its wings. Now was the time to surprise it!

Kelebek lurched up and towards the butterfly, expecting it to fly away. But it didn't. Once she realized what was about to happen, she couldn't stop herself from flying towards the butterfly and knocking it down. She landed on it with her heavy body. Shrieking, she sprung back up and looked at the butterfly, hoping from the depths of her heart that she hadn't hurt it. She looked around frantically, hoping someone would be around to save the butterfly if it had been hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:43 am
User Image

Carmella had been happily munching on some grass, when she heard the swishing of grass moving nearby. She looked around to see a young foal prancing through the flowers after some butterflies, pouncing every so often. She chuckled to herself. She then heard the foal shriek, and wondered what was wrong. Looking around for a parent in case the foal was hurt, she made her way over. She hadn't seen any other Soquili around, but maybe they were just grazing nearby as well.

As she approached the foal, she cleared her throat to make herself known. "Uh, hi there. What's the problem little one?" she asked, hoping the foal wouldn't make a wise crack about her calling it the little one.

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Sawaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:14 am
Kelebek noticed a stranger approach her. Normally she'd run away like momma had taught, but this was an emergency!

"Erm, hi. I, erm... I hurt this butterfly, and I don't want it to die please help me it looks hurt!" she blurted out quickly. She looked down at the butterfly nervously, too worried to notice that the mare was somewhat small to be calling her the "little one". She hopped up and down in fright, eager to do something to help!

"Can you fix it? Can you?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am
Carmie looked at the butterfly that the foal had pointed out. Oh boy. She wasn't quite sure what to do to help the little filly with her situation, but she would try.

"I don't know, sweetie. Let me look at it." She bent down to examine the butterfly. It appeared that it wasn't hurt, but it's wings were stuck together. Apparently the butterfly hadn't been squished by the fall, but when the filly had knocked it down, it's wings had gotten stuck together.

"You're in luck little one, the butterfly isn't really hurt, but its' wings are stuck together. Let's see if we can't help it get them unstuck." Carmie looked up at the filly, hoping she had instilled some hope in the young one.

(( Weird reply, I know. Hopefully it'll work out ok.))  

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Sawaki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 pm
Kelebek listened intently, nodding along to what the mare was saying. She was trying desperately not to cry. Momma would be so mad if she cried! And her brothers would make fun of her. She shook off her fright and leaned down, nudging the butterfly with the tip of her nose in attempt to help it un-stuck itself. Secretly, she had no idea what she was doing.

Sure enough, she butterfly flew away as soon as it recovered. Delight filled the little filly's face as she watched it flutter off into the sky. She turned to face the stranger.
"You know, momma says I'm not allowed to talk to strangers, but you're really nice! Thank you for helping me! My name is Kelebek. One day I'm going to fly too, just like that butterfly and like my brother!" only then did she realize the mare's tiny body. "Why are you so little? Are you like me? You look older than me! What are you?" she asked without stopping.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:39 pm
She watched with a smile as the little fillie helped the butterfly get its wings unstuck and fly away. "Very good!" she said, happy that she had helped her.

"Your mother is wise in telling you that, but maybe you don't have to tell her you spoke to me today." she said with a wink, a light chuckle in her voice.
"Kelebek. That's a pretty name. My name is Carmella, but most call me Carmie."

She thought about the child's wish to fly. "I bet if you dream hard enough, and try hard enough, anything is possible. You might just do that one day." she said, not wanting to crush the child's dream.

"I am older than you, but I am not little. I have no idea what gave you that thought." she said with a fiercely humorous voice, a big smile across her face. "I once was bigger than you," she said, teasing the fillie with her wild story. "Why, I would say I was even bigger than your parents! But a curse was put on me by a mean old voodoo king that shrank me down to this size. Now I must live my life shorter than a newborn foal." She leaned in and whispered into her ear. "But guess what? I haven't let it get me down. I've lived a much happier and more adventurous life since being cursed. I don't think I'd want to be tall again. Just like you want to fly, I want to be small."

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Sawaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 am
Kelebek watched as the butterfly flew away, and was grateful that this stranger was pleased too.

She listened intently to the little mare, and chuckled when she told her she didn't have to tell her mother she'd spoken to her. Strangers were so kind! And she's never considered not telling her mother everything... what a strange but genius idea!
"Thank you! My momma says Kelebek means Butterfly in a far off language across the sea! It makes me feel special. Carmie is a pretty name too!"

She jumped up and down in excitement, her short mane flying and falling back onto her face. "Do you really think I can fly one day?" She listened carefully to everything the little mare was saying. She loved to learn new things! She was fascinated to hear that she was cursed, and that she wouldn't be able to live for long. Although she was glad Carmie was living a happier and more adventurous life, she was sad that she wouldn't live for long. Her eyes began to feel blurry, which meant she was about to cry.

"But- but- why did you get the curse? Were you bad? And how old are you? When are you going to.. t--t-to die?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 am
She felt a little silly at making up the curse, but she did like to tell stories sometimes. "Anything is possible if you set your mind to it, and work really hard at it. Though, I think your biggest obstacle is going to be growing some wings, otherwise, you might have a problem getting off the ground."

"My, you have lots of questions little one. Let's see... he cursed me because he was mad at me, because I had kicked him in the shins really hard. I wasn't bad, I was just trying to protect myself. I am almost two years old, and I don't know when I'll die. No one knows that. " she paused a second, wondering why the foal had asked her that last question. It dawned on her that she might have mistaken her meaning of short life.

"Oh!!! I meant I must live my life short in stature, not that my life will be cut short." she smiled sweetly at the niavety of the foal. "That's okay though, I understand how I might have made you think otherwise."

"Anyway, I think that's enough stories for now. How would you like to play a game? Do you know how to play any games?" she asked.

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Sawaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 am
Kelebek nodded as she listened to Carmie. She made a mental note never to kick someone in their shins... Ever. And she had in fact thought that the poor mare was cursed to live a short life, but was relieved that she had misunderstood. She didn't want to show it, but the mare's little story had really scared her, and she was pretty shook up. And the bit about it being difficult for her to grow wings... she'd find a way! At the mention of some kind of game, she breathed deeply and tried to cheer up a bit.

"What kind of game? I like games!"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff