Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
[Adv/Deck] Valley of the Dead (Mist Valley/Zombies)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm
I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find a way to get the Mist Valley lockdown to work. Obviously, the lockdown centered around Apex Avian being, more or less, an infinite negation tool. the huge problem with this was that Apex Avian was almost impossible to get out when playing anywhere near a competitive level.

I was testing a build against my Skull Servant build when it came to me.

40 Total

Tribute Monsters:
2 Mist Valley Apex Avian
2 Il Blud

Non-Tribute Monsters:
3 Zombie Master
3 Mist Valley Falcon
3 Mist Valley Thunderbird
3 Mist Condor
2 Pyramid Turtle
2 Goblin Zombie
1 Morphing Jar
1 Mezuki

Spells:
3 Zombie World
3 Book of Life
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Giant Trunade
1 Dark Hole

Traps:
3 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment

I haven't tested it yet. I just REALLY had to jot this down because I would have forgotten about it if I hadn't. For some reason my first instinct was to start a thread on Gaia rather than open notepad.

Notes from first test:

Falcon and Morphing Jar is one HELL of a searching combo. I had two Falcons, Apex Avian, and a Zombie Master out on turn three (and Morphing Jar but it was negligible) along with Swords and Zombie World.

Notes from second test:

Why aren't more people playing zombies now that the best revival card and, arguably, the best destruction card are legal again? I can get Apex out effortlessly with either Zombie Master or Il Blud  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 am
Question: Can Mist Valley Thunderbird attack before it is returned to the hand and, thus, special summoned?

Scenario: Thunderbird and Falcon are the only cards on the field. Falcon needs to return a card on the field to the hand to attack. Can Thunderbird attack before Falcon?  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:08 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am
Oh come on, anybody?

Also, Dark Simorgh was thought of, and would probably be nothing but a bonus, but I don't have the money for it.

Double checking Simorgh's effect...I REALLY wish I had $60 to drop....maybe I can trade for it or something =P  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:46 pm
Pheso
Question: Can Mist Valley Thunderbird attack before it is returned to the hand and, thus, special summoned?

Scenario: Thunderbird and Falcon are the only cards on the field. Falcon needs to return a card on the field to the hand to attack. Can Thunderbird attack before Falcon?

Yes, because Falcon's return-to-hand effect occurs during the declaration of battle. Hence, Thunderbird attacks, Falcon can then attack and return Thunderbird. This also occurs with Panther Warrior and Dark Elf.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Pheso
Oh come on, anybody?

Also, Dark Simorgh was thought of, and would probably be nothing but a bonus, but I don't have the money for it.

Double checking Simorgh's effect...I REALLY wish I had $60 to drop....maybe I can trade for it or something =P

31.99 on yugiohmint.com  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:45 pm
Aka_Saiyaku
Pheso
Oh come on, anybody?

31.99 on yugiohmint.com

$30.50 on trollandtoad last I checked

I want two though. that'll run me 60  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm
bump  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Deck Database