Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Back to Guilds

A guild for anybody and everybody who loves any aspect about Japan! 

Tags: japan, language, anime, fashion, manga 

Reply ~ My Japan 私の日本 ~
Culture... a new rp? ~Updated~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join my roleplay?
  Yes
  Nope
  Depends on what it is.
View Results

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm
So a few of you may know, Im planning on starting a new roleplay based on the Geisha cultures of Japan. I really love the Geisha/Maiko and how their so elegant and educated. For those of you who dont know what a Geisha is, I'm going to post a little bit about them below here. Before I get into the roleplay very far I want to see how many girls and guys will be interested in this. Girls of course will be the Geisha, Maiko, maids, or the Okaasan. Men are going to be the clients like samurai, business men, or other older men in Japan with alot of power and money since there were the Geisha's main clients. You can be a young man but you must be very wealthy. The plot of the story is going to be about the ladies in a geisha house in Gion, their everyday lives and the constant stuggles they go through. I really would love you all to join and show your spirit for Japan!
((Geisha info to be added later))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm
Is no one even going to post?  

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am
I might be interested in that.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:22 am
You seem to be the only one lol. This guild doesnt seem to be very active :/ I was hoping it would be.  

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:23 am
We're trying. We do a lot of recruiting and contests and what not but people just don't seem to want to participate. I'm really happy that you're trying to get an RP going. I do hope you can find people to participate. Feel free to look outside of the guild as well. If you find people who are interested in being My Japan members, it'd be great.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:35 am
Count me in.  

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 pm
I really want this rp to take off :/ Im reading Memiors of a Geisha and I want to have an rp based on that. Its a truely interesting book that deals in the Japanese culture back in post and pre WW2.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:51 am
It is a pretty fabulous book. While the movie was pretty, the book was far superior. I kinda wish I could have a dana cause I'm all poor and what not and it'd be nice to have a sugar daddy lol  

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:31 pm
I admit, I'm not really an RPer. I just couldn't get into it. :/ However, I really hope your RP will take off too because it sounds super interesting. 3nodding I hope more people will come in to participate for you. And sadly, yes, the guild isn't as active as we'd like it to be, but we'll keep trying! whee

@ Mugoi: I've been meaning to read that book. Sigh, but I'm so caught up with a bunch of other books. Yes, having a sugar daddy sounds nice, but at the same time I wouldn't want to have someone bid on my mizuagi. XD LOL. Geez, when I saw that in the movie, I was like, REALLY?! D8 Those poor poor geisha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 pm
Well, I think I about give up on this roleplay lol. I dont have anyone who seems interested and frankly, the guild seems about dead. No one is doing much. I mean we have the hello people. But thats it. So I officially deem my rp, dead. Time of death: 12:26 am November 9, 2010.  

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 am
Sad day. Sorry Azula.

@Angel: You should see if your local library has it in audiobook form. Connecticut has this huuuuuuge library database called iConn.org where you can take out audiobooks from all over the state as long as you have a Connecticut library card. I dunno if it works with library cards from other states, but you should see if your library has something like that. Then you can listen to it during times when you can't hold a book. Like doing dishes or driving!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 am
@ Mugoi: ._. Do you know you are brilliant? I totally didn't even think about an audio book. .: facepalm :. I'll definitely go look next time I'm at the library! LOL.

@ Azula: D: Daww, sorry about your RP! But I do hope you'll find another place to host it with active members.

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 am
It's a real shame to hear that such a great rp idea like this would go up in flames before it even started. I'd really hoped to join in... crying
@Azula: My condolences.  
~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff