Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts Guild of Witchcraft and Wizadry

Back to Guilds

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where Gaia Online users come to learn magic. 

Tags: Harry, Potter, Hogwarts, Witches, Wizards 

Reply Old Locked Threads (Viewing Only)
Herbology with Professor Stars-Hime Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

singlikenoonecanhearyou
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:23 am
User Image
Welcome! To
HERBOLOGY!
User Image

At hogwarts: Herbology is the study of magical plants and how to take care of, utilise and combat them. There are at least three greenhouses described in the books, holding a variety of magical plants of varying degrees of lethality. Herbology is also the only subject Neville Longbottom excels in; it is explained in the epilogue to Deathly Hallows that he later becomes the Herbology teacher, replacing Professor Sprout.

The teacher in here, however, shall be none other than Donavon Epithia

Please do show them respect, for they are, or course, your teacher.

***DO NOT EDIT THIS FIRST POST IN ANY WAY!***

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 am
Introduction

Good morning class! I am your new professor of Herbology, Professor stars, the -hime part is my princess title but I am here as your teacher so refer to me as Professor please.

I was taught by Professor Sprout and Professor Longbottom, so my teaching style may resemble theirs and I hope to teach you this course as well as your previous teacher, even if I am a new teacher.

The lessons will mostly consist of practical work and you may have some research homework to do, depending on how much we cover in the lessons. I must point out now, homework is generally for your own interest, since I will be explaining the basic information in classes.

My office hours for questions and problems on weekdays are: 17:30 - 10:00 GMT. By all means questions may be left in my pigeon hole/mail box, but there may be a slower reply.  

stars-hime

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

stars-hime

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 am
Rules of the classroom

wahmbulance Follow the rules set by the headteacher & the wider world, Gaia.

wahmbulance Even if you're in a different house to other students respect them.

wahmbulance Respect everyone.

wahmbulance Pay attention! The plants we may be working with are potentially dangerous. Your parents might have given responsibility to me to look after you, I can't protect you from stupidity.

wahmbulance Refrain from fighting, especially with the plants. There may be disagreements but if it gets out of hand, you'll have to be sent out of the classroom- the plants, other people in the room and you will be endangered. If you have problems with the plants scream and I'll come running.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 am
Equipment

For various reasons, we may need equipment to assist or even protect yourselves in these lessons so make sure to bring to every lesson:

•Gloves
•Earmuffs
•Wands
•Textbooks
•Scrolls and quills
•Goggles
•Something to cover your nose - you may decide

Of course I do have spares in the cupboard, but I can't guarantee how brand-spanking new it will be.  

stars-hime

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

stars-hime

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:11 am
Assignments

Regular lessons are back

Quote:
NEW PROJECT: (9/1/2011)
The original post~

Quote:
Currently (last updated 21/12/2010) :
Repotting mandrake roots! Put on your earmuffs as you enter or you might be having a nap on the greenhouse floor.

Set: Wednesday 10/11/2010 Completed
stars-hime
Alright class! I think your next lesson is upon us. So, your assignment will be to find a plant and tell us about some reasons why it's important to protect it or alternatively, why do we need protecting from it?

(A few sentences will be ok, and you could make it up and be creative, I understand Herbology isn't really a major feature of Harry's studies... >.<)
If you have any questions or problems, since it's the first assignment, tell me if you want an extension or whatever, leave those comments here or if you finish early, I can mark it and give you your marks earlier. :3

Deadline: Monday 15th November 8pm (GMT)!

( crying I wish I made a post for assignments)
---------------------------------
But before my lessons can start, let's about why you decided to take this class and what you have learnt before. =)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am
"I decided to take this class because of my love of plants and nature." The girl stops, blinking. "By the way, Professor. I'm Heart of Ravenclaw. I'm actually quite new to this class, so I don't really know much..." Heart blushes. "Though, the last time, our previous Professor was going to teach us about Aconite.  

liveXdarkheartXevil

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

8,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Erie-danna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 am
Hufflepuff:

Hello, new professor! I'm taking this class because I think plants are just adorable! Especially the dangerous ones! 4laugh

I'm ChibiChew, by the way. Pleasure to meet you! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:48 am
Ravenclaw:

"Hello, professor! I take this class because I love plants, basically. Mainly their colors. For some reason, the colors of nature have always made me very happy..."

Text Reciprocation

Fashionable Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

Once for Twice

Sparkly Duck

10,500 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:14 am
Good day, professor~ I'm Meiko of the Ravenclaws and I took this class because plants are very interesting species indeed~~  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:23 pm
Welcome, new professor! smile I'm taking this class because I like how different magical plants are from muggle plants. I'm also very fascinated with the healing properties of some.  

Stoofanoo

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

My_Toxic_Kitten78

4,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm
~Slytherin~

Isabella Walks into the greenhouse. "Hello Professor! Welcome To Hogwarts! I'm Isabella and I Take This Class Because Plants Are Very Interesting,And I Have Too Know What Plants I'm Dealing With."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm
Ciara is more are less blown into the greenhouse by the gusting winds of November outside. The heavy sent of potting soil and fresh fertilizer reacher her sensitive nose upon her entry.

"I wanted to take Herbology because there are so many ailments that can be cured by using what nature has given us and we have literally trampled over in our haste." Ciara said, her voice little more than an embarrassed whisper.

Ciara before the dawn

Trompeur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:01 pm
Ravenclaw 5th Year~

:strolls into the greenhouse with a shy thrill. Trompeur is drawn to many things, plants are one of them:

"Good day, professor. How do you do?" :she asked nervously:
"Oh, well why I am taking this class. . . Well because plants seem to be the roots of almost everything, and are like humans. Each with their own species and personalities and special traits. Some can cure boils while some can burn your insides with just a tiny drop! Their moods enwrap me. . . :she said quite truthfully:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 pm
:3 What a sizeable class, how lovely to see you all with an interest in plants and their applications.

I think we should start with the foundations just to be sure, we could move on to Aconite later.

*looks for her notes*
Accio notes
*nothing happens*

This is embarassing class, but I seem to have misplaced my notes, or some plants may have taken it.

Gloves on everyone! Notes hunting time~
Make sure to be careful when checking around the plants.  

stars-hime

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

liveXdarkheartXevil

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

8,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 pm
Humming a merry tune, Heart takes out her gloves from her satchel. After she finishes putting them on, she picks up her wand. "Here I go, see you guys soon, hopefully." The last word seems to float heavily in the air. With that, she disappears into the rows of plants, searching for Professor Stars's notes.  
Old Locked Threads (Viewing Only)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff