Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:02 pm
User Image

While not usually the type to wander far from his brother, Manny had decided the black stallion would forgive him this transgression once he saw what it was Manny had uncovered. Too bad Hunter was sleeping in from a too-late night spent chatting with that flock of sparrows that had roosted nearby for the night.

Snorting at the unwelcome thought that he would have to eventually wake his brother (not too pleasant a task) the bay wind stallion decided to put that off for later, and do a bit more exploring now. Plus there was something about being alone for the initial wondrous discovery of a new place with the morning light shinning in just the right way.

Thusly cheered, he nudged aside a bit of brush from a low stone slab at his feet, huffing a bit to clear the residual dirt and dead leaves that obscured the surface. His eyes lit up when he recognized the tell-tale scrawl of the two-legged race, though he wasn't able to read it, he could decipher some of the drawings. A group of the two-leggers were chasing a deer (silly of them, they couldn't run as fast as the deer could) before a swirling cloud pattern came and then the two-leggers rode on soquili-like creatures after larger animals that Manny didn't recognize.

Interest piqued, he took another look around, and was delighted to find a similar rock formation, also painted on.

"This is definitely my lucky day!"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:49 pm
User Image

There had been word of painted and etched rocks in the area, a fact that was supported by a brief mention in some writing she had uncovered, Ameya was keen on checking things out for herself. The stories that were told were often of just every day occurrences but sometimes the painted tales showed creatures or things that were a little harder to explain. The care that was executed in the depictions made her think of the long gone artist and what, if any, hidden meanings their work could hold.

The Uni-Angeni's mood was chipper to begin with, what with the prospect of further exploration, but the weather was more to her liking, considering the last two places she had been exploring had been a dense, sticky swamp and a desert, respectively. It felt nice to be back in a place where the climate wasn't so extreme.

She thought as she walked. Recalling the brief description that she had been given, she figured that she must be getting close. At least, the mare hoped so, else-wise she would have to try to figure out where she was before reorienting herself in the direction of the painted rocks.

A voice from no too far away caught her attention. She paused and looked around. On a low cluster of stones, peeking out from behind a struggling bust, were a few figures, two-leggers and otherwise, painted onto the stone. This was it! Someone else was here too it seemed.

"It appears to be mine as well," She chimed aloud as she came around from behind a particularly large stony outcropping. Upon sighting the bay stallion, she dipped her head in greeting. "Good morning." Her gaze drifted over the stones, noting the places where the painted markings were fully or partially exposed. "This place sure is something, huh?" She asked, a small smile having settled upon her features.

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 am
Brown eyes lit almost immediately at his continued good fortune! Someone else was out and about! Perhaps they had information~!

"Bright the day, fair lady! Luck appears to favor this clearing, or so it would seem!" He replied, his tone light and effervescent. Oh it was such a shame Hunter wasn't around! He eyes roved beyond the mare to the scattering of stones around her, then back to her face, his eyes brightening further. "They are certainly something! You wouldn't happen to be from this area would you? My brother and I were just passing through, and I came to see what there was to be seen before we moved on."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:00 pm
Well, the stallion seemed cheerful and friendly, if anything. She smiled, a bright little thing that caused her eyes to shine. Ameya shook her head at his question. "Oh, no. I'm not from around here. I travel rather extensively to research various things of interest. I caught wind of this place in some writings as I was leaving my last destination and I knew I had to come see for myself."

She shifted her gaze down to a moss covered spot near her and gently scraped her hoof across it to loosen up the moss before raking it away. There were more simple figures and what appeared to be a firepit drawn onto the very rock. The mare looked up with a perk of her ears. "Did you happen to hear of this place too, or was this just some happy finding? Do you and your brother hail from far off? How long have you been on the road?" She blinked and then shook her head, a little sheepish smile passing briefly over her features. "Oh, beg your pardon. Where are my manners? Asking all manner of questions without so much as giving you a name. I'm sorry. My name is Ameya. How might I address you, traveler?"

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces