Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[REG] An offer you can't refuse... [Adira/Seth]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyNozomi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 pm
She'd invited Seth out to lunch. It was a small Vietnamese place that Adira frequented and it had excellent food. The girl arrived several minutes before their scheduled meeting time to get a table reserved and wait for her guest to arrive. She was casual today, jeans and a t-shirt with her hair braided back and a jacket to cover for the autumn breeze. The whole year had been quite a ride, but Adira for one was glad to see the pretty new colors on the trees, regardless of the temperature drop.

But besides just seeing her dear friend Seth, she had a mission to complete today. It had started on a whim. Adira found quickly that walking everywhere troublesome, and biking was just about as bad (the first time a car had passed her going 40mph she'd nearly faceplanted into the pavement). This left her with few options. She could call her family town car, but that took time and wasn't always available. Getting a car of her own caused parking problems in a busy city. After a while of pondering, Adira had decided that learning to ride a motorcycle would solve many of her problems. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for him, Seth was the only person she knew that rode one, and was definitely someone she had felt comfortable asking to be her instructor. He'd said no to her proposition, not once but several times.

It frustrated her to no end, but Adira was not one to give up on a problem easily. She'd secured a learner's permit last week, which was resting snug in her pocket, maybe he would see that she was being serious.

Regardless, he was going to agree to be her teacher today, he just didn't know it yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm
As if to prove Adira's point, Seth drove to the vietnamese restaurant with his motorbike, parking it in the parking lot behind the restaurant. He handled it with an expertise that conveyed several years of experience. Maybe there was an illegal year or two tossed in there, you certainly couldn't put it past the older male. But Seth had finally agreed to meet with Adira. Agreed wasn't the correct word, as much as it was the message left on his answering machine with no way to refuse her. Had it been a person that he had known any less, he wouldn't have come. But this was Adira, someone Seth considered more than an acquaintance at the very least.

"I hope you have a good reason." He said, coming into the restaurant to immediately see the familiar girl. "That doesn't include driving." His gray eyes stared at Adira, his unresponsive glance would have normally discouraged any other person.

He was dressed casually as well today, with a white t-shirt with black borders to make it appear as if he had two t-shirts. To accompany it, he had jeans, skater shoes, and a slightly over sized black jacket for the upcoming winter months. Seth was actually pretty picky about the weather, not liking too hot or too cold weather. He was a spoiled child in that manner.

"And I'm hungry." He looked around the Vietnamese restaurant, not having time to eat breakfast yet. The aroma, the atmosphere did appeal to the older man, Adira having chosen her restaurant well. In all actuality, Seth was a pretty simple guy. He said he was hungry when he was. He had no particular dislikes for any type of food, save for it being a sugary dessert. And when he said no, it meant no. There was no hidden motive, gesture, or bribe.  

Xaki

LadyNozomi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 am
"What other good reason do I need, than to see you?" Adira smiled. They both knew that it had nothing to do with just a casual meeting, but pretenses had to be maintained, at least for a little while. The girl wasn't discouraged by Seth's cold gaze, au contraire, it seemed to have the opposite effect. This whole thing was a game, and it was a game she was intent on winning.

"Please, sit. Order what you wish of course." It didn't take long for a short little man to come over to grab their order. She ordered a few dishes for herself before turning over to Seth. Adira wanted to have leftovers for lunch for a while, since it was easier than eating out.

"Besides, I haven't seen you in person since I visited you in the hospital, and that wasn't a very cheery visit at all." She'd only called about the motorcycle lessons since then, and by this time she was sure that she was a minor nuisance. Ah well, that all changed today anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 am
"If that's all you wanted, then a picture would have done fine." He responded, although his gray eyes weren't nearly as cold as they could have been. Which meant that he had more tolerance for Adira then any average person. If anybody, Adira might have had a few from his childhood. Their families were a bit close after all. But pictures of him now? A rare commodity. When their waiter came, Seth placed his order as well. Seth ordered a dish of the summer rolls, along with a popular Vietnamese beef dish with rice on the side. He was making up for lost time by eating real food. Not the usual fare of limp, solidless food when you were sick. Although one could doubt if Seth would take care of himself in the conventional way. Food, rest, and all of that.

"You visited?" A pause. His face was half-obscured by his palm, resting his face, his gray eyes stared elsewhere for a moment. But they turned back towards the young woman uttering, "Thanks." A faint smile of gratitude, was it, appeared on his face. To be honest, Seth couldn't come to terms with the fact that he had remained comatose for several months. It wasn't easy to hear people refer to it. Nor was he used to hearing of people visit .. Adira and Eve was entirely new to him. But he was learning to deal with everything.

"Now, don't waste my time." His gray eyes narrowed. Pushing useless formalities aside. The pretense was broken. "Tell me what we're really here for. I'd rather get this over before we eat." After all, what was the point of ruining a good meal afterwards? If Adira was going to ask about the motorbike lessons again, all she would receive was another disappointing no. He was even debating not picking up his phone if he was going to have to continue repeating the same answer. Even if Adira happened to be in some life-threatening trouble. Although that was highly unlikely as any normal person would call 911 first.

Xaki

LadyNozomi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am
"We both know why we are here right now, don't we?" Pulling the paper from her pocket, Adira slid it across the table. If Seth bothered to unfold it, he'd find a learners permit on the inside, good for an entire year before expiring. "You know that I'm serious about this, Seth. I don't know why you keep refusing." Adira kept her poker face on, just like Seth's. If she knew one thing, she knew that pouting and pleading would get her nowhere with him. He appreciated being forthright and business-y. To an extent, she thought that all children raised as socialites did. There was only so much bullshit a person could handle, after all.

"I implore you not to refuse this time." A twinkle in her eye...if only Seth knew just how recent a picture had been taken of him, he may have not been pleased with it. She had another packed in her jacket pocket, this time filled with something Seth would like even less than a learners permit.

Hopefully, just hopefully he would say yes and there would be no need for her to be underhanded about it. But this was business, and if it had to be done, it had to be done.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:48 pm
Seth picked up the paper, eyes skimming it before he handed it back to Adira. "I'm no less serious in my refusal." He replied with an even voice, not bothered in the slightest with Adira's determination. There was a reason why they were friends after all. But perhaps, that was the same reason why Adira was so persistent.

"Implore?" That certainly was new. Seth found himself responded with the merest of smiles, "Don't tell me that I'm your only option?" Seth knew that Adira came from a well-off family, she could have easily approached private tutors as well wealthy friends with connections.

"I have no intention of changing my mind." It wasn't Adira personally that the had an issue with, but Seth hated wasting his time with other people as in the general populace. Adira was not alone in his refusal. Whatever Adira had behind her hand as a trump card still wouldn't change his mind. At least, that was what Seth believed.  

Xaki

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff