Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 pm
User Image

If you don't know what Shadows of Africa is....click the image above!

This is an RP Contest for one cub that will be part of the Pridelands. You will have to know the pride rules/info/etc...so please read up on the pride HERE (it's a very lax pride, tbh). If you aren't part of the guild, send a request to join HERE.

Starts: October 19th, 12:30PM Central
Ends: November 2nd, 12:30PM Central

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:45 pm
[img here later]

want a little testosterone with your estrogen?

Macho-a-ake'abu was wandering in the rogue lands, passed by the Pridelands, and he and Rai had a bit of a fling. Cubs resulted. Mach'll visit, even though he's not a Pridelander or Rai's mate.

(For a little giggle...this is generation THREE in a row on Mach's side where the rolled cubs have all been girls, save for a SINGLE boy.)

Something better will go here later, possibly. >.>;

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 pm
Rules
read 'em or weep

o1. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON RPING. It kinda negates the purpose of an RP contest.
o2. I don't care how many SoA you have. This is open to all.
o3. Do not pout, whine, cry, or otherwise try to guilt-trip or passive-aggressive your way into winning. We will not take pity. Nor will any judges we get to help or anyone else in the thread.
o4. These cubs are to stay in the Pridelands until adolescence at least.
o5. NO. MULES. >[ One entry PER PERSON.
o6. Follow all SoA rules. They are your friend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 pm
The Family
that's a lot a girls

Rai: [x] The mother. (Cajanic)

Macho-a-ake'abu: [x] The father. Although a member of the Kusini'mwezi (currently), he will be visiting his cubs as often as he can. He's a very 'manly' lion, big and strong. But he believes it wrong to raise a paw to a girl, and having grown up with ten sisters...he has no issues sitting and letting a girl 'pretty him up'. And he gets a little ticked if teased about it.
He LOVES cubs, and will dote on his daughters, and teach his son how to respect and protect a girl. (Das Tor)

Sister 1: [x] Oldest sister. (NovaCracker)

Sister 2: [x] Second-oldest sister. (Lithia Brandon)

Sister 3: [x] Middle cub. (Buffy_the_Bloody)

Sister 4: [x] Younger sister. (Sephiros Immortalis)

Kohana: [x] Youngest sister. Generally calm and quiet, Kohana prefers to keep to herself and is highly unlikely to do things for others, just because. She tends to get annoyed by those who trust easily, and she really does care for her family. She's also a music addict, be it singing or drumming or what have you. She loves her Daddy and her Mommy, and the only time you're guaranteed to get a grin out of her is when she gets news that Daddy is visiting. (Das Tor)

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 pm
The Cubbin and Prompts
the main event

Are you ready?! Here's the little boy you're going for! (we <3 u Meep for coloring him)

User Image

Now...this is part RP contest and part Concept contest. So....here's the prompts and form!

Prompt 1
Your parents aren't like other parents. They aren't mated, and your Daddy isn't even part of the Pridelands. Oh, he visits a lot, but...well, he's not always there. How do you deal with this? Love your Daddy, hate him, just plain confused?

Prompt 2
You are surrounded by girls. LOTS of girls. What's your take on being among the testosterone-minority?

Form
[size=16][color=black]I'M MALE AND PROUD OF IT![/color][/size]
[size=11][b]Name:[/b] No English names. Otherwise...the family's names run the gamut of languages.
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]What sort of ideas do you have for the cub:[/b] Plot ideas, etc.
[b]What interested you in this contest?:[/b]
[b]Prompt #:[/b]
[b]Prompt Response:[/b][/size]

POST ALL ENTRIES IN THE THREAD!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:42 pm
Entries
those entering the asylum

Username - Pg #

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:32 am
Open now!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 am
Ooooh him pretty! :3  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Cosmic-Mint

Seeker

4,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm
(I do hope I filled this out correctly!! whee )

I'M MALE AND PROUD OF IT!
Name: Jabari
Name Meaning: “The Brave One” in Swahili.
Personality: Jabari does not take no for an answer. He is a very determined cub, pushing himself beyond his own limits. He can be very stubborn and hot-headed at times when it comes to things that he does not understand. Unlike his father, he does not appreciate being pampered and primped by his siblings.
Jabari loves stories, and is easily fascinated by adventures and tales of wandering rogues. He loves to cause a spot of trouble here and there, and his curiosity can sometimes get the better of him.

Sometimes he will feel pressured by other cubs in the pride. If he is teased he will feed the fire and try to get the last word. He’s not afraid to fight for his honor and won’t hesitate to get into a “paw-fight.”

Jabari is overprotective of his sisters. This will only grow stronger with age.

What sort of ideas do you have for the cub: One of my intentions is to have Jabari stay with his family up through adulthood in the Pridelands, and grow his character through strong roleplay. I’ve tossed several ideas around in my head… but if I gave them all away, then what fun would rp be if I could be second guessed? I want to keep him fresh, and fun for anyone who roleplays with him.

What interested you in this contest?: I am very interested in roleplaying, and I am fond of lions. I stumbled on Shadows of Africa, and my eyes lit up like a little child’s. So putting two favorites together is very euphoric for me. I want it to be a very rewarding experience if I do have the chance to play the cub as Jabari. I thought about waiting for custom slots to open, but this cub in particular really peaked my interest.

Prompt #1 : Your parents aren't like other parents. They aren't mated, and your Daddy isn't even part of the Pridelands. Oh, he visits a lot, but...well, he's not always there. How do you deal with this? Love your Daddy, hate him, just plain confused?

Prompt Response: As long as Jabari’s father comes into his life often, the cub will bond with his father. He loves his father and holds him in high regard. He will be very attentive when his father speaks to him. He might end up questioning Rai as he grows older why his Daddy doesn’t live with them like other daddies live with their families.

The cub will feel out of place when he sees the other cubs in the pride. He won’t like to talk about his mother and father not being mates. That simple fact alongside not having Macho-a-ake'abu there like a normal father is shall become a touchy subject for him.

Yeah, Jabari might be a mama’s boy, but deep down he is his father’s son. When Jabari enters into adulthood, he might ask to leave to follow his father for a short while, depending on his social standing in the pride and how his relationship with his father grows.

If Jabari does not have a constant male figure in his life, be it his biological father or otherwise, it’s highly likely that he will grow to resent Macho-a-ake'abu.

Prompt #2 : You are surrounded by girls. LOTS of girls. What's your take on being among the testosterone-minority?

Prompt Response: Jabari may be surrounded by females, but that doesn’t stop him from being an ornery boy! Two’s company, and for mischievous Jabari, that means he’ll like to pin trouble on his fellow littermates. If given a chance Jabari could use them for pouncing practice- or at least until his father decides to give him a lesson or two on how to treat a lady.

Sometimes Jabari might feel a bit isolated, not having another boy-cub to play with in his own family. He may feel the need to have some space now and then to take a break from all of the crazy estrogen levels- ESPECIALLY when the girls begin to mature into adult-hood.

Jabari is a sucker for tears. If he makes any of his sisters cry, he will stumble all over himself to get them to stop. No matter what it takes. He will step in and protect his sisters because he has a big heart- even though he may not show it often.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 am
heart  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:41 am
I'M MALE AND PROUD OF IT!
Name: Kanzu Nyeupe'Mwendo
Name Meaning: "White coated wanderer" in swahili
Personality: Kanzu knows he looks different to the rest of his family. Where most of them are dark, he is white, but this doesn't bother him. Why should it? His parents love him, his sisters do too -though in classical cubby behaviour, its sometimes tough love all round. He is a contented, well adjusted young cub with a zest for life that often gets him into trouble.. of the playful kind. He adores exploring and from a young age is usually the last one back to the den at night and the first one out in the morning. As he grows he becomes an upstanding member of the pride, always smiling, always willing to help out the others, family or no. He become strong physically, though never truly looses his playful streak. He's a good brother to his many sisters and a good son to his mother. An attentive student in the art of hunting & tracking and a reliable friend to many in the pride. He always has a smile and a kind word for others, as well as a strong shoulder to cry on or time in his day for a friend in need. He's fairly protective of his family with the absence of their father and does see himself as a kind of guard during the times Macho is away, keeping the family safe until the big male's return. He takes responsibility very seriously, though would die before he actually let his family know that...
What sort of ideas do you have for the cub: Protect the pride from an invading rogue with less than pleasant thoughts on his mind, with Kanzu either succeeding but suffering bad wounds, or failing and needing the help of the other pride males. And to help a friend during a time of grief simply as a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen. Once he leaves on his first journey away from the pride, Id like him to run across a variety of characters, lions and lionesses who have had a less blessed life than he, to show him the harshness that exists in the world. He will return to his pride with a better understanding of the world and a greater appreciation for his home. During his many travails I'd want him to come across other prides, both good and bad. To defend a lioness from a pad looking to add her into his harem and either the lioness spurns his aid and leaves with the U'W male, or is grateful as she doesn't want to be captured. He will learn that while it is noble to offer help, he needs to learn to understand the situation and to understand others, and to accept that not everyone ill have the same values or needs as he does.
What interested you in this contest?: Him.. after reading the prompt he simply appeared in my head, fully formed with a story to tell. I couldn't not write him down.
Prompt #: 1
Prompt Response:
Kanzu loves his family, this certainly includes his dad. He misses Macho a lot when the big male is away and though he adores all his sisters and loves his mum, he looks up to his father especially. Rather than wishing Macho would stay with the pride, he longs to go with him.. to see the wider world and experience everything it has to offer. His pride will always be his home but he feels a strong and insistent pull in the winds that gives him no peace as he grows. He thinks his father's ability to travail anywhere he wishes is simply wondrous, and longs to finally be able to join Macho on his travails when he is old enough. He is an adventurer at heart and longs to see what's over the next hill or beyond the next valley. But he will always return home, to his mother and his sisters and his pride. For he will always be a Pridelands lion, no matter where his paws take him.

Do we need to do both prompts? If so I can add in #2.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:55 am
Nope~ Just one. Doing both is ENTIRELY optional.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 am
XD Okies, ty heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 am
heart  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:01 pm
MALE AND PROUD OF IT!
Name: Bakari’sai
Name Meaning: “Only son” Japanese
Personality: Sai is clever, and he has an active imagination. Of all the things he is, unfortunately, big and strong is not one of them. His tenacity pays off in certain things when he needs it, but he’ll never be the powerful warrior he wishes to be in his heart.

Sai is a fairly emotional male, able to be compassionate as well as empathetic and not feel emasculated about it. He doesn’t look down on girls, but he does set goals for himself to be valuable to his family as a protector, something he may never quite achieve. He will want to grow up into a hunter, but eventually he will have to come to terms with the fact that this was not destined for him, being somewhat small in maturity. However, his natural gift for telling stories and using his mind will make him an ideal Storyteller.

What sort of ideas do you have for the cub: As a cub, Sai will be full of ideas, and always looking for trouble. When he cant’ find it, he’ll invent it. I’d love to do a series of plots involving him making up some big plot in which he can convince a young sister or two that it’s real. The circumstances of these will usually be totally unbelievable.

When he grows, I’d like him to have at least one plot in his lifetime where he actually has to save someone he loves from actual danger. It’s possible that he will have to help with this, because at this point most of the pride will consider him a liar. But it will be important to him in realizing that real danger isn’t as exciting as he thought it was, and perhaps it will be the turning point the needs to fix his mind on being a storyteller rather than a Hunter.

The last one I can think of for now is having him geared toward becoming a storyteller? As soon as he figures out that’s what he wants to do, he’ll start collecting tales, as well as making up some of his own for entertaining others. Even if he never actually achieves this goal, it will make for fun RP as he tries to collect stories.
What interested you in this contest?: The cub is super handsome. wink Well, that, and I’ve been wanting a lion in the Pridelands for some time. It’s the perfect opportunity for me to try!
Prompt #: 2
Prompt Response: Growing up, Sai feels very mixed about having an all-female family. He wants to be “the man around the house,” but the problem is, he doesn’t always feel like he is treated that way. Being just a cub, he’s the same size and strength as his sisters, and set apart from them only in attitude. He wants a very masculine role; to protect his female family members in his big, strong, macho way. The problem is that as a cub, he’s just a cub, and there’s not a lot he can do to earn their respect. So he started making up stories and pretending there was danger so that he could protect his sisters from it. His tales could go from believable (look out, there’s a snake under that rock!) to outlandish (That lion is really a God, and if you get too close he will kidnap you and eat you!). Some believed it, some played along, others scoffed and he sulked about it, but that didn’t stop him from doing it again. Eventually he’d earn the reputation of being untrustworthy among his family because of this, and even when he’s old enough to outgrow it the problem will still stick.

When he gets older, he’ll have to make up for both being a notorious liar, and a failed guardian. He’ll probably feel pretty sulky about both until the time finally comes when he can really save someone from disaster.

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff