User ImageHoaka was just finishing up his regular patrol around the pride. He was happy to see everything was all safe and sound. Hoaka was growing more and more accustom to his home. It wasn't easy all of the time some of the more powerful seers still made Hoaka a little nervous he wasn't able to predict them, that was something he wasn't use to at all.

Hoaka was also happy to see so many new faces in the prides, new cubs and new blood alike. The pride was growing a healthy sign to be sure. The large purple lion made a mental note to make sure to go around and see the new members make sure they knew who he was.

Bae was new. That was an understatment. He had only been brought here hours before and was scared and lonely without his mother and sister beside him. He didn't even know who was going to be taking care of him! The white lion male curled up on a rock he'd been sitting on the whole time he was here, and looked out with violet eyes. Would his mother come back for him? The way she had acted said no. She wanted him as far away from her new 'mate' for as long as he could. He would probably never see her again. Damn that yellow male. If Bae ever saw him again, that yellow b*****d was going to be in a world of pain. But Spenta, the one who brought him here with mother, said that he was going to take care of mother. So maybe...?

His visions of the future were fuzzy. That wasn't his main Seer power. His main power was to know the difference between lies and truths. But he wished he could see if his mother and sister were going to be OK.

Hoaka moved elegantly towards his den a little tired but in a great mood. As he moved a white body of fur caught his eye. Not to far from his den there was a white cub laying atop a rock. "Why hello there" Hoaka said softly this cub was one of the new additions to the pride he was sure he had never seen him before. He was already to old to be a cub that had been born into the pride, but he seemed too young to have travelled her on his own. Hoaka's interest was peaked.

"You are new here aren't you?" his voice was a little rough but he was trying hard to make it sound softer then his normal tone, this was after all just a cub he was talking too.

User ImageHis ear swiveled and Bae was completely startled. He had been lost in his own thoughts before this other lion started talking to him. He jumped and turned at the same time with his fur bristling. "Gods above, you scared me!" He said, settling back down when he realized it was just another lion. ...With interesting markings, actually. He tilted his head to the side and examined him. Spenta talked about the pride only being full of pale ones, like himself. This didn't make any sense to him.

New? "I.... I go here this morning," he admitted a bit guiltly. "Momma... momma wanted me away from... Spenta's brother. So Spenta and her brought me here." Spenta also told him not to tell anyone of his powers he had. Flicking his black stripped tail, the white cub crawled off the rock and onto the ground before looking sad. He wanted his mother.

Hoaka had only heard a little about Spenta and his brother, Spenta was the father of some of the cubs in the pride. "Well you could not have come to a better place then here." Hoaka said he liked his home very much and would always tell another to come here.

"Well you must be nervous young one. This is a large pride to be all on your own. Do you have any other family here?" Hoaka looked around him there was no one else around the young cub and when he was on his patrol he hadn't seen a new member that looked anything like this young cub. And if Spenta had brought him here then perhaps there was no one else to care for this cub.... a fact that made Hoaka a little sad.

"My family's... out there," he said, motioning to the roguelands. He had no one here to call family. But Spenta mentioned the pride would help take care of him and become his family. He looked to the side and then back at the big purple male with a curious look on his face. Why couldn't his sister join? She had white on her. ..And black and red. Maybe that was why. But this male was purple. So. "..I'm Bae."

"Spenta told me that... this pride was mainly... made up of pale others.." He hope the other could see where he was coming from. He didn't want to spell it out and risk being rude.

Hoaka smiled he found the young cub to be quite endearing. "It is very nice to meet you Bae, mine name is Hoaka." he had a large smile on his face and he even managed to smile when the cub asked about his coloring, though Hoaka had to admit the cub did a very good job of being discreet and polite about it."

"You are right young one, the pride is mostly lighter in color. It is highly valued here, if you are light in color you are thought to have been blessed by the gods. I wasn't so lucky but I do my part by protecting everyone I am the defense commander here in the pride. My job is to keep everyone safe."

Now it made sense. He didn't know much about the pride yet, but he head a feeling he would learn quickly enough. Hoaka was telling the truth, too. Bae sensed no lie in him, which made him want to warm up to the other. Maybe if he did, he wouldn't feel so afraid and alone in this pride. He licked his muzzle, which seem dry all of a sudden, and gave a childish sigh.

"....C-can.. can you keep me safe?" He meant somewhere to sleep, someone to go get him food and show him around. "I don't ....know anything about this place. About... where anything is or anyone. I haven't seen any others.."

Hoaka felt his heart warm when the cub asked for his help. Hoaka often hoped for cubs of his own but so far he had yet to meet anyone that he wanted to court. "I would be honored to take care of you little one." Hoaka liked the little cub quite a bit there was something about him Hoaka could feel it but he didn't know what it was, he felt that this lion was special.

" Have you eaten yet Bea?" Hoaka asked softly

Bae shifted towards Hoaka when he spoke and shook his head. He hadn't eaten since... before he got here, if he remembered right. That had only been a small hare. His mother and Spenta were more worried about him getting here safely before Angra woke up and found his mother gone. Flicking his ears, he gave a small smile.

"I haven't. Can.. you show me where it is?" He asked, voice not quite as soft as it had been. Maybe this wasn't such a bad pride after all. If all the members were going to be this nice to him, he could definitely get used to this.

Hoaka smiled. "Why don't I take you to the den and then bring you something to eat? You have had a long day. Tomorrow I will show you where you can hunt and what the best food in the area is." Hoaka rose to his feet staying close to his new friend, his charge.

"Its not far from here just come this way and we will get you all settled."

He nodded at that and gave a soft smile. He could go with a nap after he ate. And it would probably be cooler in a den than it was on that rock. Not that Bae really minded the heat. His fur bounced the sun off, most of it, anyway. But it didn't meant he didn't get hot.

"Thank you.. Hoaka," he said after a small laugh. Maybe he could start calling him dad. He'd never had a dad. It would be a big leap for the cub.