Ominous thuds preceded the dark coated lion, though the impression that they suggested was certainly not the one made upon sighting him. His belly was distended from overfeeding and his smile one of complacency, hardly the look of a skilled fighter. He had been in his time, a long while ago, but he'd found no use for it since. Perhaps soon, perhaps never. He lumbered on now along through the roguelands out of a sense of being drawn home. It was curious, but no longer frightening. There may be something good waiting for him at the end.

Hoaka was padding though the desert little thought in his head. He had very recently left his family in a search for something, he wasn't sure what that something was but he was sure there was something out there for him, he would find it when ever it was right.

The large purple lion stopped at a rushing stream bending hiis large head down to take a long drink. He liked the feeling of the cool water slipping down his throat it was very refreshing after being in the heat all day.

Mkhai had similar thoughts as he spotted the stream in the distance, noting the odd purple interuption of the otherwhise calm scenery. Not wishing to pick a fight he approached a few feet off, nodding to his coincidental companion in as neutral a way as he could manage. Never to mind his size, he was generally an agreeable sort. "Traveling?" he asked casually as he turned to drink, hoping conversation would dispell any suspicions. He'd become quite cautious in his travels, particularly since his awkward incident around the swamplands.

Hoaka only saw the dark lion moments before he spoke, his body tensed jsut for a minute but as soon as the words came from the other lion he knew that the other one meant no harm. "Yes I am" Hoaka said a smile on his face. He sat down and watched the other one drink, thinking about how hot he must be with his dark pelt.

"Are you travelling as well?" he assumed that the other was a travellor. Hoaka had spent a few days in the area and there was no settlements of any kinda near by.

"For only a short while more," he laughed, "I'm looking for a home I haven't been to in many years." It may have seemed like a silly dream to some but the lion knew he would find it eventually. They were not in the same lands anymore, he had discovered this from a stranger, but they would have moved toward similar, likely in the same area. "And you? Have you a destination or simply traveling?" He leaned in to the water, dunking his head briefly so that it ran down his mane, cooling the skin beneath as well as his back.

Hoaka was interested by what the other said, he made a note to himself to ask more about the other's home, he was always interested in what caused the others to do what they did. "I am travelling but I don't know my destination as of yet. I would like to find something I know I am looking for something I just have yet to figure out what that something is. I left my family not to long ago in the search of this thing.... I hope to find it sooner rather than later." Hoaka looked the desert all around him hoping for something to point him in the direction that he should take.

"I am very interested about your home... could you tell me more about it?"

"Hm?" Mkhai lifted his head to look up at the sky, as if he'd find the answer there, "My home is a peaceful place, there's never very many males, always many females and cubs all around. It's a good place to settle down if you can prove that you can protect them." He nodded, seeing no issues of loyalty or fidelity in the equation. Each lion looked out for all of the females and all of the cubs, regardless of their paternity or relation. It was a true shame that more prides did not function that way, he thought. "I suppose it is best to be born there."

"That seems like a very wonderful home." Hoaka said honeslty. Hoaka had had a pleasent enough childhood his father and mother took care of him quite well, but there was always a desire for more for him. He wanted a home, a home that was larger with more lions, Hoaka thought he would like a pride a great deal.

"I think I would like a home like that, why did you leave?" Hoaka was confused why one would ever leave a home like that it sounded blissful.

He scowled, looking away for a moment, "Times were not... Ideal, you could say." In truth he had left upon his father's death and the sudden distance he had felt from his siblings. All of that coupled with the pride's splintering had caused a rift between him and his homeland. A rift that seemed to be fading with age. "But it doesn't matter anymore, I'm headed back and I'll make it there if it kills me." It might, actually, if he didn't find reliable directions soon. He never was good at navigation.

"I wish I could help you more my friend." Hoaka sad a genuine smile on his face. It made him sad hearing hte others story and he was a bit sorry that he had asked in the first place it was clearly a touchy subject. Really it was hard to know how others would respond to questions. Perhaps it was something for Hoaka to learn.

"I can tell you though that I have not seen anyone in this area. Nor to the West of here. I have travelled the lands in the area quite a bit and have seen not another sould other then you. Hoaka wasn't sure if this information would be helpful but he hoped that it would be something the other could use.

"Hm, shame that is," he sighed, rubbing a paw against the ground, "Guess I'll just have to keep going north then till I hit snow. Then I may have gone too far." He truly had no idea where he was or where he was headed, but he would have to find it eventually if he just kept going. It couldn't be impossible. As he began to get up he stretched, peering over at the other curiously, "You headed north?"

Hoaka sat an thought, hmm north was not a direction he had travelled lately perhaps it would be nice to travel with a companion for a little while, added security a hunting buddy. All and all it seemed like quite the nice plan. "I think travelling north would sounds awesome!" Hoaka felt his stomach growl "But first I must hunt,.... shall I meet you back here once my hunt is done, I promise to be quick?"

Mkhai couldn't help but offer a smile, deciding to settle in for a rest while he waited, "If you wish, I'm in no rush." He laid down on the bank, reaching a paw into the stream for another wash of cool water. "I won't argue company, though I can't say how far I'll be able to go with you. I tend to head for wherever I hear news of my kin."

"Any time with company is nice, we will part ways when it is right." Hoaka was not worried about having to split up. The purple male turned and got ready for the hunt his head tilted towards the wind to catch the scent of prey. "I will be back soon." Hoaka said quickly before darting away.