Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
Want a cub? Come and get 'im! CLOSED. WINNAR PAGE 3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm
The Riddick babies want their brother!

Blessed by Mkodi, Gintare has given birth to five healthy, bouncing babies. Two males, and three females. (Them poor boys, growing up with all that estrogen. Anyway!) And while four of them have found happy loving homes, the second-born male hasn't! WOE.

The kids want to play with their brother, but to do that, we need someone to play him. So, welcome to the "Who wants to adopt this ruddy kid already?" contest!

This is a concept contest, so we're looking for the best personality/plot-lines/ect. in mind for Vaako, second born of the Arindam and Gintare brood.

This is not a newbies-only contest. You can have one SoA, you can have a billion. We don't care! We just want to see some entries.

This contest starts NOW, and ends October 18th at 6:30PM EST.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:31 pm
The Family

Anyone else hear Sopranos music when they read that? Hmm... This is the family of Vaako, namely his mother and sisters. There's a bit on Daddy Arindam, but he doesn't even know about the litter, so he can just go away for a while.

The absent father is Arindam. Funnily enough, he and Riddiq share a bit of personality between them. Both feel themselves unworthy of the females in their life, Arindam feeling he wasn't worth Gintare and it was better to continue his search for his brother, and Riddiq feeling he must push himself to be better for his mother and sisters. Little will be known about their father, and Arindam won't even know they exist until the cubs are probably close to adulthood, if at all.

The Momma is Gintare, the wayward young lioness who, unfortunately, got saddled with 5 cubs while the man responsible snuck off in the dead of night. What a b*****d, right? Tare is capable of being independent, and she will fight tooth and claw against people who try to curtail her activities or impose restrictions on her, but secretly she wants to belong to and with someone. Her secret desire for romance, however, is buried deep, though she'll flirt quite happily and has no objections to one night stands, providing no one tries to limit her freedom.

The eldest of the litter is our very own Riddiq, played by yours truly, Adona Benedicta. Riddiq is, even now, rather serious for a cub. The only time he is at ease is in the privacy of their den with his sisters and Vaako. Out in the rogue lands, where anyone could be listening, he is closed off. He doesn't trust other lions at all, believing them to be as ruthess as he is when given the opportunity. Though he will be capable of great violence, it is more a strong will to survive for his sake, for Jakyra's sake, for his mother's sake, than a ruthless thirst for blood. He has a low self-worth of himself, believing that he must constantly push himself to be better for Gintare, and his sisters.

The third born is Svanhild, played by TawnyAngel.

The fourth born is Kofie, played by MoonRazor.

The youngest is Jakyra, played by Princess_Feylin. A tomboy through and through, Jakyra always wants to do what her big brother Riddiq is doing. She will follow him around and try to do what he's doing at least as well as he does it, though she doesn't really expect to ever be able to do it better. There is a part of her which is girly and wants a romantic happy ending, but not if it means some other lion will take her away from Riddiq, who is more or less her idol. She takes after her mother, however, in that she views her body as a tool, and as she grows older she'll learn to use it that way.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:32 pm
THE CUB

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is Vaako. No, his name is not negotiable. As you can see with the family, we have a theme going with the cubs. Besides, we like the name Vaako. And you should too. All the cool kids do. Anyway!

Vaako is second-born. He's loosely based on this guy, but for obvious reasons, we will allow some deviation from his personality. This contest is, essentially, a "Who Is Vaako" contest. We want to see his personality, we want to know what he thinks of his family, and the lack of a father. We want to know how he feels about older brother Riddiq, and his younger sisters.

We also want to see what, if anything, you'd like to see happen to Vaako when he grows up.

We'd like to see the winner actually RP Vaako, that's why this is a contest on his personality and whatnot. There's no pre-requisites, you can have zero SoA or many. The cub goes to the best entry, and that's that.

Now on to the form!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:33 pm
The Form

To enter our little contest, just post this here form, all filled out. Be as detailed as you like. More details is definitely better than leaving something out.

[size=15][b][color=red]"Obedience without question. Loyalty until Underverse come."[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][b]Vaako[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]What does he think about his family?[/b]
[b]Future plot ideas?[/b]
[/size]

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:34 pm
Entries

Page 1
-- Mogami
-- Kaisanti

Page 2
-- Scaramouche Fandango

Page 3
-- ATheart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 pm
"Obedience without question. Loyalty until Underverse come."
Vaako
Personality: Though serious as a cub, Vaako is an easy one to read. He shows a good amount of ambition though it quickly becomes obvious that he is just trying to impress his mother and keep up with his brother. He is somewhat weak to manipulation, particularly from his female family members and he will be an easy target when they try to influence his actions. He will generally be gruff and act tough but he likes order and rules so Vaako will show respect to those who earn it - though such distinction is entirely up to him, of course. He will value strength and loyalty above all qualities.
What does he think about his family? For a good part of his life, Vaako seems to be going through the motions, trying to live up to his mother’s expectations and keep up with Riddiq. Still, he has a deep sense of commitment and allegiance and he will always be devoted to his family even if he doesn’t always say the right things. He will be protective of his sisters and he will try to make them stronger (usually by sparring with them) but his tough love approach will often seem a little too much like bullying.As for his brother, he will probably always feel very competitive towards Riddiq and annoyed that he can’t quite understand what his brother is feeling/thinking. For this reason, he might even be a little jealous of his youngest sister, who he’ll believe is the closest person to Riddiq and the one who understands him the most – something he secretly desires.
Future plot ideas? I would like to see his weaknesses exposed to the highest degree whether by being ruthlessly manipulated by a nasty girl or having his family loyalty tested. Though he shows good leadership skills, I don’t feel he’s meant to actually be a leader – I think he’s more of a second-in-command type. Also, it would be nice if he slowly begins to understand his older brother and just generally feel more comfortable and less confrontational around Riddiq.

I re-watched Pitch Black just a few days ago, I love this idea. xD *goes to watch DF and Chronicles*  

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 am
xD I've been watching LPs on youtube, but all of the Riddick LPs are talked over during cut scenes. ):  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 am
"Obedience without question. Loyalty until Underverse come."
Vaako
Personality: Vaako is devoted to his family. No one can ever question that, he would defend them all to the death and does his level best to see others do right by them. He is in a constant test against Riddiq, or at least, he sees it that way. He knows Riddiq is better than him so he simply strives hard and harder to be as good as his older brother. Sometimes this can backfire and he ends up getting himself into situations that he just can't get out of without help. Its classic sibling rivalry only it seems to be all on his side. Still, he loves his brother, he is family, and as long as he doesn't do anything to hurt their mother and sisters, Vaako is 100% behind him. If Riddiq ever wavered from the path of a good, strong leader, Vaako would be there to remind him of his duty. In balance, he is always there for his brother as a support and as the only other male in the family, he understands the pressure Riddiq is under.
What does he think about his family? He is devoted to them, but is not the kind of boy to show it easily. He doesn't do softness or gentle emotion very well. He is basically socially awkward when he doesn't have his gruff warrior mask to hide behind. For all that he wants to protect his family, he has no idea how to protect them from himself so generally makes a hash of it. He is far more comfortable with his brother, he knows where he stands in Riddiq's eyes and is content to be his brother's Second.
Future plot ideas? To learn to be a more well rounded lion and that he doesn't need to be 'perfect' to be accepted. Id love for him and Riddiq to develop a bond beyond rivalry to where they can trust in each other. For Vaako alone, Id like him to meet others he can fight against and train with to improve his confidence and natural skill. Eventually Id like someone or either sex to come along and prove to him that he is fine just as he is. I wouldn't want him to be destroyed by a lioness, I don't think Riddiq would allow it.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am
I love the Riddick Cronicles sooooooooooooooooooo much. This has totally reminded me I need to steal them from family and re-watch them. (Shame I can't get the game)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 pm
I'm absolutely watching the movies later. >.>

You could watch the LPs like I do? |D I don't have xBox and I don't think it's available for PS2, so I'm just watching other people play it. ;3

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 pm
I watched the Chronicles yesterday and made some small additions to the form. xD Pretty much everything Riddick says is quotable. *fangirl sigh*

I should play the games... the only one I played was that clicky one on the site, lol. Pretty much pointless until the last final scene.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm
xD I love the website game. It was kind of eh, but I liked it anyway. >.>

And on that note, in case anyone asks, edits are totally allowed up til the contest ends. I know how it is to read something and wanna go back and add to it later. x) Just try and let us know in the thread if you're editing, so we can go back and reread the entry and not think it's the same as before. :3  

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 pm
He's a cute one. Good luck to everyone trying for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:45 pm
-peers in-  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm
*pokes Fey* 83  
[OOC] Events [OOC]