Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Strangers in the Rain (Setsuhana x Dragomir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm
((This was an AIM RP between Satsurashi (Setsuhana) and Cajanic (Dragomir) ))

The grasslands were chilled today, moreso then they had been previously this season, anyway. Rain had been plentiful and although things never really got truly cold here, it was uncomfortable, at least. Times like these Setsuhana tried to be optimistic, but even she had trouble keeping her pleasant mood when the ground was so wet and muddy everywhere. She had retired to a small stand of rocks and trees to get out of it, and now she groomed her paws and kept watch over the savannah. This wasn’t far from her home, but far enough that she lacked confidence.

The biggest problem, at least for now, was that the sky was gray and overcast, threatening rain for hours now, and she was at least an hour’s walk from her pride. She had been trying to wait it out, knowing that if she started back she might be rained on at any moment. Then again, it didn’t show any signs of clearing yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm
Dragomir hoped it rained.

He loved it when the world around him was wet, even if he ran the risk of getting his fur dirty in all the mud and muck. A small price to pay for the ever-so-pleasing sensation of having water watching against his salmon fur. It always felt refreshing- like it was something his body actually needed in order for him to survive. When there was no rain to content him, he normally made do with splashing about in a watering hole. Anything was better than nothing! Water seemed to be his way of life.

Did that make him weird? Nah, there was no way. As the droplets started to descend from the sky, Dragomir let a broad smile play over his face, his eyes directing themselves towards the sky. "That's right!" he hummed brightly, "come down and see me! Rain already!" Of course, he had no idea there was someone near enough to hear him talking to the clouds.  

Satsurashi

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm
Setsuhana didn’t swear, because that was unladylike, but she was displeased as she heard the first patters of raindrops hitting the ground around her. She was somewhat sheltered, but she could still see little dark circles appearing all around her on the stone she rested on. There seemed to be no way of avoiding getting wet today.

Meanwhile, as she looked out over the plains, she saw something more peculiar. A grown male lion with a handsome salmon-colored pelt was standing out in the middle of the grass as the rain started to come down harder, and he was looking up at the clouds and… talking to them? Setsuhana’s first assumption was that it was something religious, but she didn’t get why he wanted to get wet. So, in an effort to be hospitable (because maybe he didn’t see there was shelter from the rain nearby?) she called out to him.

“Wouldn’t you rather stay dry? There’s plenty of room over here,” she shouted over the rising sound of rain drumming over the ground, “When you’re finished… praying?” She made a guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm
Dragomir let his ears perk, his head snapping in the direction of the voice. As the rain came down, it was becoming increasingly more difficult to hear, but he hadn't managed to miss the tone of the female. She seemed... confused, but at least she didn't have any kind of mocking quality to her tone. With a welcoming smile, he moved a little closer to the lady, just so he didn't keep forcing her to yell over the rain as it came down more and more forcefully.

That would be rude.

"I like the rain," he told her lightly, "and I wasn't praying.... I don't really follow that kind of thing. I was just passing the time while I waited for the rain to come. I guess it is kind of weird to talk to rain clouds, though..." his smile turned somewhat sheepish as he sat down nearby, the rain making his mane sink down around his pelt. Looking fabulous was not why he liked the rain.  

Satsurashi

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm
Setsuhana was watching him, but her scrutiny wasn’t piercing. She’s never been the sort of girl who was judgmental or unfriendly, and she had to admit she found something appealing in his words. They seemed to honest, a trait she admired.

“No, it doesn’t sound weird when you explain it,” She assured him, “When I’m alone I’ll talk to whatever is around sometimes, and that’s not always necessarily something living.” Although, she had to admit, that didn’t happen very often. She had to feel very lonely before she began to speak to inanimate objects, and so naturally that’s what she was assuming he had been feeling. “A warm rain can be nice,” she offered, trying to relate with him. But then she couldn’t think of anything else to say along that line, so she changed the subject. “Where are you from?”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 pm
He chuckled faintly, appreciating that she was at least attempting to see things from his point of view. But it didn't seem like she actually liked the rain, from what he could see. She was trying to keep out of it, wasn't she? As he sat that, letting the water soak into his fur to chill his skin, she didn't seem to be enjoying herself at all. But then again, not many found rain as wonderful as he did.

Most animals he met hated the falling water.

"Not far from here," he hummed, "I have a den nearby and I've lived around these parts most of my life. What about you? I don't think I remember seeing you around here before, but I don't claim to know every animal that walks around in this place." He chuckled faintly, tail swishing against the ground.  

Satsurashi

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:20 pm
It was true that Setsuhana didn’t like the rain - or at least, she didn’t get getting cold and wet. For a lioness that took such care in grooming herself and staying neat, the water just messed everything up. And even in her partial-shelter from it, she could feel little rivulets of water going down her back now, and it made her shiver. She tried not to make her discomfort obvious.

“Oh? Well then, it’s nice to meet you, you could say we’re neighbors? I’m Setsuhana. I live in a pride that’s not too far from here… about an hour’s walk, really. I’ve just been wandering a bit outside of our normal territory lately, but I didn’t mean to trespass. My apologies!” This lion didn’t seem like the type that would take offense, but Setsuhana was polite and wouldn’t let it go without offering apology for it. “What is your name?”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:21 pm
"ah, I don't own this place!" he laughed lightly, "you're welcome to come through here whenever you want, so is anyone else. I didn't even know there was a pride so close by! Maybe I'm the one who should be sorry... making camp so near to your home without even asking if it would be alright!" He felt a little sheepish, but he imagined it would pass. After all, he'd been there a while and had never had a problem with the pride in the past, never even heard from it, so surely he wasn't doing that much damage by being there.

It would be fine, he knew, as long as he didn't stray into their territory without permission. Blinking, he looked at the female through the strands of his soggy mane, gasping. "Oh! I'm so rude! Should have introduced myself first thing! The name's Dragomir. It's nice to meet you..."  

Satsurashi

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm
“There is no trouble in living close by,” Sestuhana assured him, “We’ve never met before, so clearly you’re not causing us any problems. Besides, as you said, we don’t own the land. And frankly, it’s nice to know we have pleasant neighbors.” She grinned in a warm way, flipping her tail as spatters of rain hit it. By now, even from her perch under the trees, she was rather wet.

“Pleased to meet you,” Setsuhana added after he told her his name, “Don’t be so worried about politeness, I don’t get bent out of shape over that sort of thing. However, it is lovely to meet you, but I’m afraid I won’t stand still for this weather much longer. You may love the rain, but I think I’ll be running for cover shortly.” She looked up at the sky, and seeing no immanent changes in sight, she stood up and stretched, shaking her wet fur and frowning at how drab she thought it looked, all wet and clumpy. “Perhaps we’ll meet again one day. I’ll be sure to tell my friends that you live here so they don’t accidentally surprise you.”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 pm
"Oh, I won't keep you," Dragomir laughed, "I know that rain isn't for everyone. You go find somewhere nice and warm to keep you dry! I'm going to roam about a bit more in the rain before I head back myself." He smiled and followed her eyes to the sky, looking up at the clouds to see that they still looked very dark. Probably still packed with water, if he had to guess. His gaze returning to the female, he gave a nod of his head, getting to his feet to head off on his way.

"I appreciate that!" he replied with a polite nod of his head, "and I hope we do meet again! Perhaps on a dry day so we can talk a little more, yes? Have a good day, and feel free to drop by whenever you want!" With another nod of his head, this one a goodbye, the male turned and started to head off on his way, feeling the wet earth smush between his paws with each step.  

Satsurashi

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff