Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
{ GYM } Visual and Contextual Reference

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 pm
Are you ready to rumble?!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Navigating the Gym:

When Amityville Academy was built, the Gym was the last to be built. Unfortunately it was also the first building to be demolished and rebuilt several times over the course of the years due to students not learning how to control their powers. In the grand tradition of Amityville Academy, the gym has been built yet again, but with a few... modifications. With luck, the Gym will remain standing for more than a year.

User Image

Places of common interest:

Entrance Hallway: This connects the main building of Amityville Academy to the Gymnasium. There are three different ways to go: to the girl's locker room, the boy's locker room, or Red's office. The hallway to these differing places is covered in a mix of graffitti, posters, and runes. There is also a sign that announces the hours of operation. The walls and floors are made out of a dark grey, close-fitting stone. It's actually quite chilly and dark here, and... a bit damp?

►►► Available Actions:
Read Hours of Operation:
►► The Gym is Open from 7:20 AM until 2pm.
►► The Pool is Open from 3pm until 8pm.
►► There is currently NO Lifeguard on Duty.
►► There are currently NO club reservations.

Touch a Rune:
►►Monster, Undead Students: It feels like an ordinary wall. It feels a bit warm, but nothing out of the ordinary.
►►Demon, Reaper Students: As soon as you touch the wall, you feel a soft tingle. It's similar to the feeling in your feet after you sit on them for too long. However it is brief, and nothing happens.
►►Ghost Students: You place your hand against the wall. You place it against the wall. Against it. You can't put it through the wall! It's... It's as if someone doesn't want you to go into the opposite gender's locker room. So unfair!

Look at the Posters and Graffiti:
►►There is nothing notable about them.

Look At the Door to Red's Office:
►► The door to Red's Office is a wooden door reinforced with iron. Attached to the door is a sign-up sheet for the next class, along with an additional sign-up sheet to arrange meeting times with the werewolf gym teacher.

Enter the Gym:
►► The Gym can only be accessed through either the male or female locker rooms.

Enter the Gym through the Gender-Neutral Locker Room:
►► You search high and low and can't find it. Drat those designer goblins! You will have to enter through one of the other locker rooms.

The Locker Rooms: Contrary to popular belief, the locker rooms are mirrors of each other. Each locker room hosts many lockers for students to store their clothes and bookbags in, and there are even shower facilities along with restrooms! It... isn't that amazing in all honesty. Students are expected to change into their gym clothes in their dorm rooms, however there is the extra option of changing here too if their dorm room is too far away.

►►► Available Actions:
Enter the Gym through a Locker Room:
►► You first attempt to enter through the locker room of the opposite gender. The door acts as if it's locked, however the one your gender more or less matches to allows you to enter. You quickly move through it to the next area.

►► The gymnasium appears to serve two purposes: the first (aside from being a normal gym) is that it seems to serve as a miniature sparring ring. The second purpose it serves is that it's a freaking pool. They even installed lights on the bottom of it to light it up! Unlike the entrance hallway, the walls and floor here seem to have built out of wood -- the layer you can see, that is. Most likely there is some sort of stone beneath the wood for stability.

Examine Pool:
►► The pool takes up most of the center of the gym. From what you can tell, there is a shallow end and a deep end. There are markers on the floor indicating that the shallow end is 3ft deep and the deep end is 25ft deep.
►► The water within the pool itself appears to be a dark murky blue-green when the lights are off. When the lights are turned on, the water appears to be a pale blue-green but possible for a non-aquatic to see through.

Jump in the Pool:
►► You take a mighty leap and THWACK! You land on something hard! Then you notice that you're not standing on the edge of the pool, but rather ON the pool. It appears that when the pool isn't open, a clear "floor" of sorts is put over it to have the building double as a pool and gym.

Examine Benches:
►► A couple of worn wooden benches are the survivors of the old gym. Sometimes students sit here during gym to listen to lectures or are re-located here due to injuries and/or game rules.

Examine Diving Board:
►► Next to the pool's deep-end is a diving board on an odd mechanism. During pool hours, whomever is diving can raise and lower the diving board to their preferred height. If more than one person is on the diving board at any time, the board will not change heights. Nor will it change heights if there is any danger of crushing someone.

Examine Basket-head Hoops:
►► Around the gym are high bottomless baskets for students to bounce and throw heads into as part of the basket-head sport.

Examine Sky-Lights:
►► They're too far up for you to see! But at least that's how the gym is lit-up when the day is nice, otherwise there's regular lights too.

Examine Windows:
►► There are none.

Examine Doors:
►► There are a total of four different exits and entrances to the gym: the two locker rooms each have a door to the Gym, another door is presumed to lead to Red's Office, and the last is a pair of formidable double-doors that lead outside. The double-doors have a small window to see outside in, but otherwise they cannot be opened from the outside. There is another door near Red's office which may or may not lead to the gym supply cabinet. Or the cleaning gnome barracks, whichever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:43 pm
GYM HOUSE RULES - OOC
1) NEVER EVER EVER DELETE ANY POST YOU MAKE. EVER.
2) You may only battle if you have a Battling Pass. PSYCHE go read the Fear and Battling Guides!
3) All gym sessions will take place HERE in THIS subforum. The gym itself is for battling.
4) No post styles. Font colors are okay as long as they're DARK and legible. If I can't read it, you're going to be marked as absent and not receive credit! Keep everything left aligned too.
5) Keep in mind that if your character is too disruptive, too distracting, or too wangsty Red will kick your character out. And you will not receive credit.
6) At the end of class, a post listing all characters who have earned credit will be given. If your character's name isn't on the list, you either didn't ICly show up or were kicked out.
7) If you're late to class, roll a 20-sided dice and either RP sneaking in or make an OOC post with ((Rolling for sneak!)) in it. If you beat my roll, your character managed to sneak into class. If I beat your roll, your character gets to do some RP'd warm-ups. Keep in mind you still need to make an RP post if you successfully sneak in!

GYM HOUSE RULES - IC
1) No starting or participating in fights without a Battle Pass.
2) If you have a question, speak up.
3) Wear your gym uniform and wash it every week.
4) Please do NOT bring a weapon to class. All weapons will be temporarily confiscated. Leave them in your dorm room!
5) Sign up prior to showing up to class. If you show up without signing up, you will be kicked out. If you sign up and don't show up twice, you'll be kicked or thwap'd with a newspaper on sight.
6) No minipets unless they are part of your Fear. Red is not responsible for minipet injury.
7) If you use the gym and make a mess, you better clean it up. If you don't, you won't like it when I catch up to you.

REGARDING SPARRING/BATTLING
You may NOT spar/battle if you do not have a license to do so! Licenses can be obtained via Red's Battling Exhibition Class. Sparring/Battling without one can result in anything from detention to being suspended entirely from the Gym.
OOC: DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS DURING A SPAR/BATTLE! If you forgot to roll, quote your post and roll or post a roll right after. Never, EVER delete a post. Deleting a post mid-spar/battle can and WILL prevent you from earning RP Growth Points. You have been warned.
NO MINIPETS IN THE GYM OR IN STUDENT vs STUDENT SPARRING unless the minipet is part of your character's Fear. Otherwise, only licensed minipets that are specially trained for battle may battle, and even then they may ONLY battle in the outdoor arena.
Do NOT interrupt a spar/battle in progress! A teacher will be along shortly to break the dispute up if they are not in the Gym or Outdoor Arena. If it seems unlikely that a teacher will show up, THEN you may attempt to break up the fight.
You may only spar in the GYM or OUTDOOR ARENA. Anywhere else can land you in detention or worse.

RP TAGS AND YOU
[RP] - Stands for Role-Play, where absolutely NO sparring or battling will occur. Even if you want to RP in the gym, lockerroom, or the pool then this should be HERE in the main subforum.

[SPAR] - Your character is soloing it out against some training dummies. This will not count as a battle RP; max of one growth point upon hitting 800 words.
[1v1] - One opponent versus one other opponent. Both sides need to role-play rolling their dice in order to earn two growth points this way.
[1v1v1] - One verses one verses one. For disagreements that involve more than one person.
[2v2] - A team of two opponents versus two other opponents.
[2v1] - A battle of two against one, for those that feel hardcore.
[3v3] - A team of three opponents versus three other opponents.
[3v1] - A battle of three against one, for those that REALLY feel hardcore.
[BOSS] - A boss battle, run only by a GM.
[FREE-FOR-ALL] - A chaotic mess of everyone versus everybody. Considering the size and chaos that this can cause, we request that you DO NOT do this. Ever. See the following disclaimer concerning incomplete battles.

You can have as many participants as you'd like in a battle as long as every person participates, and so long as you update the RP tag accordingly (ie, a team of five against five would be [5v5]).

Incomplete Battles:
If the battle is incomplete due to one or more of its participants disappearing, ALL participants will only earn ONE growth point, and that is only if they have written 800 words. The same goes for someone against an opponent who will "edit their posts in later." Only the participant who has written posts will earn a growth point, and they will only earn it if they have written 800 words. Their opponent who simply rolled out the combat will receive nothing until their posts are filled in.

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 pm
Gym FAQ:

►► Why does Red have an office in the Gym rather than the Main Building?
● Because the Gym's office, while draftier, is more comfortable than any smaller, cramped office that the main building offers. In addition to that, Red is harder-pressed to come up with excuses for why she's late to her own class when the "classroom" is right next door.

►► What do you mean by "sign up for classes?" Isn't gym optional?
● It is! However, the method I'm going to run gym will be different from other classes. When a class is coming up, the thread title and first post will be updated with a code. Students will need to post the code in order to sign up. This way, I have an idea of how many people are signing up and plan appropriately.

►► Why is gym optional? Can I choose to not attend at all?
● You can choose to not show up at all, however you won't be able to use the battle system if you do that! In order to battle, you need to show up to a Battle Exhibition class to learn how the battle system works, OR arrange a tutorial-RP with either another student who HAS their battle card or a professor who also has their battle card.
● Aside from the Battle Exhibition classes, gym is completely optional. You can sign up and attend if you want, or not sign up and not show up. Just don't sign up and not show up -- that'll make Red unhappy with you.

►► Will good things happen if I attend Gym regularly?
● Yes. =DDD

►► Will you tell me?
● No. =DDD

►► Where will Gym class be held?
● ALL gym classes will be held HERE in the Gym subforum.

►► I began an RP and it turned into a battle. Should I ask it to be moved here...?
● Does the battle take place in either the Gym or Outdoor Arena? If not, then don't move it. You and whomever you are battling will have the fight broken up and both of you will be sent to detention for not fighting in the proper areas. Or worse, depending on how often you've done it and whether or not either one of you has a battling license.

►► WTF is up with how you set the Gym and Red's Office up, Maru? My character IS tall/short/strong/weak/etc enough to do something that the text said I couldn't do!
● I just adore Choose-Your-Own-Adventures and Text Adventure games. I decided to mimic those styles in order to attempt an extra "depth" at describing the areas. Since it's an attempt, things might change in order to better suit that particular style, or things will go into a standard description. Either way, treat everything as adventure game logic: while your character may be tall/short/strong/weak/etc to do something otherwise, right now you can't. Why? The text says so.

►► I have a question.
● Please ask here and I'll answer it there, then copy+paste the question and answer here.
● Or IM me at OverlordMoogle. I'll answer there too.

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games